IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JayLar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1591 1 year ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

I mean to be fair, Doug set the expectations and I saw this on his site when I ordered the kit. They look awesome and can’t wait to get them, but I read this and knew what I was signing up for. I mean Stern and some distributors are not even that upfront getting a pin.
To put that up on his site makes me wonder how many times he was answering the same question.
[quoted image]

That letter makes me stay away from his products.

4 weeks later
#1814 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Not sure what you mean? These are the plastic protectors from Freddy’s pinball.

Convolux is the brand name.

#1880 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

In addition to the link provided by Sorokyl which was earlier picture I had posted, I have since changed the playfield around a little bit, but continuing with warm white in the GI as well as in the spotlights. For my eyes, I typically always change out all of my Stern games from thier stock cool white to Comet 2-SMD warm white.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome! Are those warm white SMDS:s frosted or clear?

#1910 1 year ago

Are there any good flipper toppers for Godzilla? Not looking for the thin sticker type.

#1934 1 year ago

Can't understand why he is making one of his most popular mods "when he feels like it". Shouldn't it be prioritized?

#1939 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

this is not his primary job, he's doing them as he has time, etc. it's a hobby.

Aha didn't know that. Guess it makes more sense then.

#1947 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

That's not the case. SpeakerLightKits.com is my only job. It's just me and that is all that I do.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

You must be shipping A LOT of light kits if the Godzilla one takes six months to get from you.

#1949 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

The type 14 flaming light kits (they are not just for Godzilla...they work in any SPIKE 2 games) did not go on sale until Jan 6th, 2022. So no one, as of now, has had to wait 6 months for one.

Awesome. If you can get them shipping within two weeks I'll order a set from you wink:

#1957 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

Not saying one is better than another, but the products look very similar, including a flame pattern and cityscape.
The main difference is it didn't take 6 months to receive the kit from Myth pinball. I got it in 4 days.
Check out their site.
Speaker Light Kits - Myth Pinball
https://www.mythpinball.com/product-category/speaker-light-kits/
[quoted image]

Thanks. Still think Doug's look better. Just don't have the patience to wait. First world problems!

#1961 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Are there any good flipper toppers for Godzilla? Not looking for the thin sticker type.

No suggestions? Really want to find good flipper toppers for my incoming Godzilla Premium.

#1977 1 year ago
Quoted from skooter710:

Jan 16th order still nada. Great MOD but ............................................................................. not to loud
Skooter

Screenshot_20220625-094153_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220625-094153_Gallery (resized).jpg

#1978 1 year ago
1 month later
#2429 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I’m feeling lucky!This could be the week.
[quoted image]

You´re pushing your luck

#2463 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

It is disappointing how many folks are negative about various suppliers and mods here. It would help to recognize that almost all suppliers are very small (usually 1-person) setups that are just trying to offer something to improve the hobby.
I've had the amazing experience of working with one of these suppliers the last month on an exceptional product, based soley on the fact I was among his first customers, and he reached out after I posted some thoughts on his product. Most aren't doing it for the money. The amount of time and effort invested is off-the-charts. The testing, feedback, expertise, and time needed to produce some of these mods is deserving of apprecation, not scorn.
I get it. Some are just hard-wired to post negative thoughts about others products, products they've not even tried, or anyone they see as competition. You have to be a open-minded consumer here, and at least consider that many mod-makers are putting in lots of hard hours, time, and money, to offer something to our community. I, for one, appreciate all your efforts! Thank you!
And I can't wait for the designer/maker I'm working with to show you his next round of innovation! It's really special, something I've been helping to play test the last few weeks.

I've followed this thread for some time and I haven't noticed the negativity you describe. I think it's an awesome thread.

#2470 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Haha I have to admit that Godzilla is my most modded game ever. Any more mods and the machine will need stronger legs. To be clear, I still have stuck to my rule of mods not obstructing view of the playfield or adversely affecting game play.

I think it looked awesome! Just got my Premium today and will install just about every mod in this thread

#2499 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

I’m looking to upgrade the speakers in my Premium. Anyone try the speaker kit from Pinsound? $169
Worth doing? Other suggestions?
Technical features
4 inch 2-ways coaxial high sensitivity speakers set
8 inch subwoofer high sensitivity with extended bass frequency response
Kit including
2 x 4 inch PinSound speakers
1 x 8 inch PinSound subwoofer
3 x speaker fast connectors
1 x screws set
1 x illustrated step by step installation guide

Or go with Pinwoofer and you will never look back. IMHO it's a night and day difference having the extra amp.

#2547 1 year ago

For those interested, here is Myth Pinball Speaker light frames with Doug's cityscape acrylic:

3 weeks later
#2706 1 year ago
Quoted from tampa12:

I only have the pro model, I'm middle class guy, wish I could afford premium.

Thankfully the Pro is awesome on Godzilla.

1 week later
#2760 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Posting to see if anyone would have any interest in this wizard mod coin door sticker. I love the decal but just can’t bring myself to cover up the new paint job! Will sell for $50 OBO if anyone is interested.[quoted image][quoted image]

That's one good looking machine!

#2835 1 year ago

3 weeks later
#3020 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Nice looking ride, like your choice of rubber color, really pops on the flippers. As far as the bridge goes, the Chrome candy bridge does seem to fall a little flat when it is a standalone piece of his. I like the look of it when the game is fitted with all of his other mods. My personal favorite is Lior's.[quoted image]

Which Godzilla figure is that and where did you get it? Looks good!

#3041 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

I joined the new Topper club.. This thing is beautiful.
Best of all it's fully interactive with 4 different switches, Spinner, Red GI, Global GI, and Mothra Save
I'm sure Stern will eventually release their topper but I don't doubt it's going to be super pricey.. This for me was perfect, it looks factory, it has plenty of cool features far more than your regular topper and best of all it was priced for the most I was willing to pay for a topper.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. Where did you buy it?

1 month later
#3286 1 year ago
Quoted from Alansavicki:

Which is the best LED flame kit for the speakers. I see myth and cointaker both have them. Are they the same or does it matter which?

I've got Myth ledkit with Doug's cityscape. Superhappy with it.

#3315 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Have a look. Powerbladez look great. IMO

Pretty damn cool how the powerblades match your atomic breath godzilla!

#3333 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

On the topic of making powerbladez turn on and off with the red GI.
Thanks for the relay resources Sandro and Stumbler posted. I just pulled it off and I'm pretty happy with the results. The red GI goes to an optocoupler to keep the game safe. I already had a switching power supply in the game for other mods I've been tinkering with. 12v from the switcher is sent from the optocoupler when the red GI is on to a solid state relay. The relay uses the 12v as a trigger to turn on and off the 120v activating the powerbladez.
This video demonstrates the powerbladez triggered by the red GI and you can also see Doug's flaming speaker kit gloriously flaming on when the white GI goes from off to on.

Now that's a light show!

2 months later
#3698 1 year ago
Quoted from dpannell:

Just thought I'd share the Interactive Godzilla Figure mod I created for my premium. See the video below. It is triggered during gameplay whenever the building moves up or down. It's not quite done. I'm still working on the body and head movements/timing.

Wow, now we're talking!

1 month later
#3836 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Do you all prefer art blades or mirror blades for this one? It depends on the art for me and what era of pin, but the tilt graphics blades I like a bit more than the stern. However, I think mirrors would look great in this one too.
Would you change what you have installed, or have a preference for this title?

Art blades are great but I'm addicted to mirrorblades and always end up going for that.

1 month later
#3992 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I had the "patent pending" status for a year and experienced how useless that was for me. At that time, I was told it would be several years and a few thousand dollars to pursue the patent further. This would also be followed by endless legal fees to keep it, if it was approved.
...but that is not what I am talking about here. I'm talking about being a decent person and having some business ethics. Who is the CoinTaker Deluxe kit (which is the base of their "Destruction" light kit) benefitting? It's a direct copy (name and all) of my Deluxe Speaker Light Kit, that they are charging a crazy inflated price for ($119.95 vs $85). How is that "competition" good for anyone besides them?
They once seemed like very different people. Here is a post that Melissa made when it was claimed that a competitor was buying their bulbs to have them sent off and reverse engineered to copy:

Oh, how they have changed. Now they are doing the exact same thing that they were talking about others doing, but worse. It was their own supplier and friend that they copied and lied to. They even named their knock off the same thing to take advantage of the products good reputation and to confuse buyers....but jack the price up so they can take those coins from their unknowing customers. It's disgusting....and I welcome them, or anyone else, to step up and defend their actions. So, I'm not saying it's illegal...I'm saying it's scummy. Don't get taken.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

As much as I don't care for a lot of your other communication I actually agree with your sentiment here.

1 week later
#4098 12 months ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Topper installation complete!
[quoted image][quoted image]

You should have kept it boxed and sell with profit!

5 months later
#4893 6 months ago

Are these the same as tilt graphics are selling? Also wondering if they let light through?

2 weeks later
#4936 5 months ago

Anyone got a video of highendmods Masor Cannon during actual gameplay?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,980 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JayLar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread?tu=JayLar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.