20240318_152015 (resized).jpg
20240318_152006 (resized).jpg
20240318_152751 (resized).jpg
20240316_201946 (resized).jpg
20240316_201708 (resized).jpg
IMG_3104 (resized).jpeg
20240303_090153 (resized).jpg
IMG_8413 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jamesays.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1182 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Hey guys! making a bit of a verbose post here updating the UFO requests I'm still working on, and for those that gotten theirs already.
Past 2-3 months have gone A LOT slower than I'd like taking care of my pupper's hip replacement back in January, then shitty weather in February slowing doing the painting process (spray painting in the garage), then AGAIN pupper surgery b/c of implant complication for the past two weeks. On this mostly saying sorry havent gotten to the pending ones.
But here goes to the next part. Took me a week to make a coupe of variances as I decided to upgrade the sizing of the UFO, in between when my little buddy falls asleep, and got to a V2 thats 20% bigger. My original one I kept it about the same diameter of the original plastic, but through a couple of suggestions I received....went ahead and tried out a larger scale. Initial downside in which the reason i didnt mess with it at this size back when I started was also to not bleed too much into the view of the scoop and the lane on the right. But honestly, its not too obstructive. Second reason was the extra size made it harder for the light to travel to the center ring. Past few days I messed with the depth of the ring material and has helped a bit. I'll be making 2-3 more tests on post processing for the ring and will pick out the best looking one, but either way its a big improvement there.
Also I ran into a perfect white shiny/pearly sheen that I believe looks a lot better, and moving into airbrush instead of spray can. Advantage of the cans were that appling the coats were fast and gave it a very smooth surface, but takes almost a week for me to be able to handle it with pressure as I piece them together. Airbrush will require a bit more surface processing prior to painting to smoothen the shell, will take longer to apply the coats each coat with an airbrush, but can be possibly ready overnight as opposed to waiting a week to fully cure. More work but can get them out the door sooner.
Now the bottom line. Besides the extra material needed and extra surface processing/painting time, my build plates are that of a size where the amount of time in which i can make the raw shells is increased by 35%. Was trying to make 20 a week before when I had not distractions, now will be 10-15 for this larger size. I'll give people the option of the smaller version or the larger one, but the price will be $45 for the bigger one (15 bucks more than the smaller one). I hate making a version that some people already have received and would like the V2 instead, so for those folks if they want one, can make it for them and only cost the difference between the two (15+shipping). Keep in mind if I get a lot of those requests, turnaround wont be that fast (I wasnt that fast before anyway, =/ )
With being able to step away more often from dog care, I'll be ramping up again this week. Will make the current batch of shells and reach out to the following batch when they're getting ready. And if anyone that's gotten one from me already wants the V2, send me a message and I'll try to accommodate as quickly as I can.
Heres a video of the new size in the game, and a photo of the new pearl white. Hard to capture in photo the sheen, but that color is gorgeous. Took it outside and it blinded me in the sun's reflection. Also....a photo of my little buddy b/c why not. Wish him a speedy recovery. DO IT!

[quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe you could show a side by side of the large and small.Please

#1184 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

We had to do a re constructive surgery on his kidney, 5 yrs ago, still going strong, so worth the money .

Im starting a go fund me to cure me from walking crooked,could be the Beer not sure.

#1188 2 years ago

Very nice thank you.I might want the larger.But would also be happy with the smaller one.

1 week later
#1266 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Oh yeah, forgot about the photos of that. So in game, hard to tell by photo the difference. Missing that in-person "3d" depth perspective. Heres two photos outside the game, and two within. Mostly you can tell the difference in the "select city" insert on how much it increases.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are these fine looking UFOs getting close to shipping

1 month later
#1496 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

A little Interactive Mod[quoted image]

looks cool,please share

#1555 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

In the last few days I've been testing the Spike2 compatibility of my Lollypops board in my Godzilla Premium.
3 x LED/Sensor combinations:
1. Lolly LED Ring in Jazzbouche 's UFO mod, triggered by the pop switch
2. Single Lolly post light in left sling, triggered by sling switch
3. Single Lolly post light in right sling, triggered by sling switch
This leaves one port free - probably to implement sirlonzelot 's awesome backbox lighting.

More info at https://stumblorpinball.com/products/lolp

for this mod do we need to buy a ufo mod seperately and then add your kit ?

#1559 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Been getting a lot of interest around this today, which is awesome. As a result I've been exploring the possibility of putting a kit together, which would include..
1 x Lollypops controller board (runs the LEDs and the sensors)
1 x Jazzbouche UFO mod
2 x Lolly starposts (slings)
1 x LED strip and channel for the backbox
1 x backbox bracket to mount the LED strip lighting.
All the necessary extenders, sensor cables etc
In a nutshell this would give you an interactive lit UFO, interactive sling postlights, and an interactive godzilla breath in the backbox. By 'interactive' I mean that the patterns are triggered by in game switches. You could tie the backbox atomic breath pattern to whichever switch you wanted - I've been using the bridge newton ball which works well. The Lollypops has a 'fire' pattern which I'm guessing is the same algo used by the CIRI and by the DugFreez flamin' speaker lights (its an open source algo).
The intension is to make the backbox bracket compatible with all versions (ie, whichever direction the atomic breath is pointing).
Of course, I haven't spoken directly to jazz about this yet, but he's an easy going fella. details details!

please keep my updated on progress,I am really liking what I see.

#1595 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Wow! It seems the prices are dropping. You said $40 earlier. Didn't you say you were going to make your own a couple of weeks ago? Where are they? I look forward to seeing how far $30 goes.

Why would you have an issue with buying from me because of me letting customers know in advance what to expect when currently ordering this light kit type? Any other products that are IN STOCK on my website are shipped within 0ish - 3ish days. Have you seen anyone posting about how poor my products, service or support is with anything besides people being impatient about these flaming light kits? I've had my website and selling the Speaker Light Kits by myself since 2014....where are all of the threads and posts complaining about how poor my products are, how slow my filling of orders are or how I am hard to contact when needing help or support with any of my products? They aren't there because I take care of business and stand behind my products.

Again, where is the poor customer service? It's just me letting people know where things stand with this product BEFORE THEY ORDER. The only claims of customer support issues seem like they are from folks that can't read or comprehend what has been clearly stated before they placed their order, but I actually suspect most of the noise is just from pot stirrers that have never placed an order with me.
If a person can't wait patiently, without asking about a delivery date, it's best for them to not order these MAY DELAY ORDER light kits until they are listed as IN STOCK. I just don't see how letting people know that IN ADVANCE can be construed as poor custom service.
So here it is....here is what everyone contacting me about these light kits will receive:
Hello,
I see your order. I am sorry your order may be taking longer than you expected. As explained when you placed your order, I do not have a completion estimate or any updates for you. You are free to cancel your order at anytime and will be refunded the full amount minus the PayPal fees.
Thank you for your order and patience,
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)
...and when I get 3 e-mails from the same person...the order will be canceled. So if you feel like e-mailing and asking, you are free to do so, but if you do not want to cancel your order or have it canceled, it's best to just look at that response posted there.
I appreciate everyone's business, patience and support and I am trying my best. I expected these light kits would take a long time to make and get filled. That is why I had that large explanation when I first listed them. I guess that is not what people wanted to hear and so here come the allegations of me running a poor business and being bad at customer support. I guess lying about delivery estimates and continually pushing back delivery dates would make some folks happier, but I'm not into lying or misleading people. Sorry.

My Rush speaker lights are awesome ,Thanks

#1604 1 year ago
Quoted from kttully0428:

I know this is basic, but I purchased a set of slingshot and return lane plastic protectors from a fella on Ebay and am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for exactly what needs to be removed and what doesn't in order to install those? I realized as I started doing it last night that I might have to remove the wire rails entirely in order to install the slingshot protectors. Sounds like a pain!

just remove the 1 nut on the sling end of rails and lift up to replace plastic,dont remove the rail just move the 1 end up

#1605 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

just remove the 1 nut on the sling end of rails and lift up to replace plastic,dont remove the rail just move the 1 end up

maybe need to remove 2 nuts on left side

1 month later
#1968 1 year ago

Anyone who doesnt want to wait for the Flaming light kit should consider Dougs other kits as they are awesome too and in stock.

1 week later
#2091 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

More prep work for that fateful day when my gz premium arrives. Had a little time today and worked the bugs out of this.
Godzilla roar mod

how to do ? i love it and my grandkids would flip out

#2093 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Funny you say that, my grandkids were the inspiration for this mod. I'll make a detailed post once I install it.

Here is the actual site that I picked the horn up from
https://www.boomblasters.com/product/godzilla-roar-sounds-car-horn/

this company is thinking why are these selling all of the sudden.10% off today with code

1 week later
#2148 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Can you tell me more about your sound mod?

Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I believe the horn came from a place called kaboom.com, it's been a while since I ordered it but I have the paperwork. I'm working today but plan on doing the install of this this evening. I'll post all the details as I refamiliarize myself with it.

I am going to try and install this on my game today,has anyone figured out installation ?hopefully not requiring its own power supply .

#2152 1 year ago
Quoted from izzy:

Thx for the detailed instructions for this mod. Mine is on it's way!

could you show a photo of the power supply added ?I may have some.

#2153 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

could you show a photo of the power supply added ?I may have some.

Tagged the wrong person,whoops

#2162 1 year ago
Quoted from Nikko:

I ordered mine without the sign since I think it looks better personally. Thought it was a great idea until one of my sons teenage friends said he really liked the new "Cell Phone Towers" I put in there ...

doh

#2167 1 year ago
Quoted from 77CMG77:

Did you try it without any power supply and did it work?

no I chickened out and ordered the optional ac cord setup and will work from there when it arrives

1 week later
#2310 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Wanted to post an update here as to an improvement made to the installation of the horn mod. After having the mod installed for a few weeks and going through the grandkids test, I found that after about 100 pushes the switch can work itself loose or out of alignment. I found a simple solution using parts you may have laying around. I simply added a few small rubbers, sandwichad between the switch and the coin mech. Using the rubber rings gives you the hole through the center so you can still use a simple zip tie to secure. This centers the button for better contact with the coin eject lever as well as keeping it from sliding out of position.
Pic 1, rubbers used
Pic 3, original installation after grandkids testing with coin eject liver fully depressed
Pic 4, new installation with better alignment
Pic 2, new installation with coin eject lever fully depressed, note the red on the horn assembly button is completely engaged.
Easy peasy, much better, more reliable.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

were you able to get the light back on ?

2 weeks later
#2457 1 year ago

Does anyone have video of these installed in godzilla or anything else ?I meant to tag the Myth speaker lights.

#2459 1 year ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

post #2442 is a video of them.

I would like to see them in a game.nevermind I lost interest.

#2461 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I would like to see them in a game.nevermind I lost interest.

Im not knocking any mods ,its great to have choices.wywin post your photos so we can enjoy.

1 week later
#2566 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 month later
#2765 1 year ago

no dont use the red plastic

#2772 1 year ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

I saw this! Strange thing is I have some float with the speaker panel with the nylon posts hand tightened down. Any ideas?
[quoted image]

do you have installation complete or do you need instructions ?

#2773 1 year ago

Dougs got instructions at Speaker light Kits go to manuals then choose godzilla Flaming kits

3 months later
#3518 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Question, I'm installing PBL's Britebutton lighted flipper buttons. It says to plug them in at the Ticket header connection on the top left of the coin door interface node board. Well, that's where the plug for Stumblor's neon sign is connected from the board to the right, see pic 2 and 3. So I'm assuming I can plug these in to the board to the right in the Out 2 plug? Pic 1. If so, which way would the plug go in? Pic 4 or 5?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If I remember right Stumblor sells a splitter board that will connect there and offers multiple places for extras.

2 weeks later
#3607 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

RGB Flipper Buttons - Which ones are you all using and why? My inclination is to do something with RGB control so I can play around with colors. The Cointaker setup looks good. I know Comet makes sort of an add-on set but maybe without as much flexibility?
Any suggestions?

I prefer the ones with a ring of lights around the button.As opposed to one light shining on a clear Button.The ring of lights has brightness and solid to flashing at different speeds as an option.

#3611 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I have the BriteButton ones sold on PBL on my JP and I have the Cointaker ones in my GZ.
The actual buttons/lights are basically identical. The only difference is the Cointaker ones come with a controller to change colors.
So basically the BriteButton ones are like a "subset" of the Cointaker ones.
I'd recommend the Cointaker ones just because they look identical to the other ones (pretty sure like the actual buttons and LEDs are from the same source) and you can change the colors. I wasn't sure what direction I wanted to go color wise with GZ so I went with the CT ones and glad I did instead of being stuck with just one color and wondering how another color may look.

Color changing Too ? I would be interested in those.

#3614 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

This is the one I am referring to.
https://cointaker.com/products/rgb-button-kit
Just to be clear, I don't think there is a setting where they are constantly changing colors. But you can adjust the colors and pick one from the predefined colors you can cycle through and pick whatever you like.

Thats good to know,I have been choosing 1 color.Thanks for the link too.

1 month later
#3756 1 year ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Thanks everyone for their updates - I can handle delays and waiting for a superior product but I still think communication is always good.
I guess I wait …

its worth the wait.Regular I have had in about 3 days from Doug these as said before about 5 months.

#3758 1 year ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

I ordered mine if February last year and got in in August on my first kit for GZ, actually I just ordered another kit for my Iron Maiden..the wait is a bummer but worth it.

are you putting flames on Maiden ?

#3764 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

The current wait time on my Flamin' Frames Speaker Light Kits is right at 4 months, but it will probably be a couple of weeks before I get the beginning of the next batch shipping out.
There are other mods that are taking months to get shipped out, but for some reason it seems I have been made the whipping boy when it comes to people being frustrated on having to wait on something.
I have not ignored any e-mails and I have not canceled any orders unless people have asked for them to be canceled. If you order, you will get it and from what I hear from my customers, I expect you will be very happy with it.
I do not see where letting people know what to expect up front is bad customer service. I see other sellers ignoring emails for weeks, lying to customers ("I will ship it tomorrow"...you get the tracking info, and the package sits there for another 4 weeks) and misrepresenting their products...and they get a pass with nary a peep. I let people know in advance what to expect, and I'm doing my best to get the Flamin' Frames out as fast as I can, while keeping up with my other light kit sales (all other 13 type light kits are shipping in 0 - 3 days) and that's bad service somehow.
There is nothing wrong with asking about an order if you didn't think it went through for some reason, but if PayPal charged you...I got your order. There is nothing left to do on your end at that point but wait. You should get the tracking info from PayPal when it ships.

this is true ,some have wait lists and You wait for Your number to pop up

#3768 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

A wait list and a shipping delay have one major difference - when the payment occurs.
My opinion is that customers are far less restless when no money has changed hands.

Very good point.

1 month later
#3970 11 months ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

"The damage to the city is astronomical" finally caught up with me, they've been in place almost a year. From the early run... now where did I leave that super glue.
[quoted image]

I like the right ramp street decal ? where can I find that.Looking Good

#4047 11 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Which mod are we speaking of and are there any pictures of a correct installation so folks like myself dont recreate the problem?

The neon sign mod comes with well detailed instructions.See its own thread.

#4051 11 months ago
Quoted from frb:

I was recommended the splitter+ when ordering mod. I’m with Dugfreeze on this one. There should be only one way to hook up. Factory was keyed. Mod should be keyed. A dab of silicone and a detailed sticker on jumper would prevent this costly mistake.

#4054 11 months ago
Quoted from frb:

WTH. The original factory wires are grey/yellow an black and the mod wires are blue and red.

I may have a different splitter I dont remember off hand,it was no trouble to hook up in my case.
I will have to take a look next time Im inside.

#4055 11 months ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

That was his original splitter board that connected to the CN11. The pictures here are of the newer splitter+ board that connects to the CN14 connection.

That seems to explain it

1 month later
#4292 10 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Yeah, unfortunately, this business is spamming all the sites with this "mod" which to the unsuspected buyer will assume this was made from scratch...it's like you said...nothing more than a factory toy with a couple jets glued to the hands and a black base that's totally unnecessary as the holes in the factory toy fit perfectly in the stern existing base. All for a rather large markup $$$$. Buyer beware!
You can get the same exact model brand new from ebay for more than half off the price this shop is selling
The jets can also be found on ebay as well for a couple bucks
ebay.com link: sch
ebay.com link: itm

I got my Jets on ebay I think I paid 5 bucks for 4 or something like that.

1 month later
#4541 8 months ago
Quoted from akerson:

Hey guys, I'm getting my GZ premium this week and trying to be pre-emptive about picking up protection for it. I saw Ulek sells 4 different ones, and i'm thinking that + a pindefender + nylon bolt washers might be all I need to get started, but there's SO MUCH for Godzilla that it feels like I'm missing things. Is there anything else I should grab now?

Mylar to put in front of the magnet and anywhere else

#4544 8 months ago
Quoted from BW1029:

Which magnet area needs Mylar ? The area below mechagodzilla? My premium is arriving next week and I’m curious. Thanks!

in front of the bridge,I made a u shaped piece

#4547 8 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Next PBL order, you might consider adding 'a spare' magnagrab part. Stern part #530-1108-00
They have them for $10. I suspect after that surface has been smacked 10 or 20,000 times, it might be up for a replacement...

Thats half the price of competitors

3 months later
#4917 4 months ago
Quoted from scylla:

Has anyone tried pulling the Stern sticker with the QR code off the backbox? How did that go?

You can then stick it on Your coinbox for future use or safe keeping

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods
Protection
$ 210.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS
(Alt) Translites
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jamesays.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread?tu=Jamesays and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.