IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Days.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1583 1 year ago
Quoted from izzy:

4 months for me.

that means mine will be shipped soon!

#1598 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Wow! It seems the prices are dropping. You said $40 earlier. Didn't you say you were going to make your own a couple of weeks ago? Where are they? I look forward to seeing how far $30 goes.

Why would you have an issue with buying from me because of me letting customers know in advance what to expect when currently ordering this light kit type? Any other products that are IN STOCK on my website are shipped within 0ish - 3ish days. Have you seen anyone posting about how poor my products, service or support is with anything besides people being impatient about these flaming light kits? I've had my website and selling the Speaker Light Kits by myself since 2014....where are all of the threads and posts complaining about how poor my products are, how slow my filling of orders are or how I am hard to contact when needing help or support with any of my products? They aren't there because I take care of business and stand behind my products.

Again, where is the poor customer service? It's just me letting people know where things stand with this product BEFORE THEY ORDER. The only claims of customer support issues seem like they are from folks that can't read or comprehend what has been clearly stated before they placed their order, but I actually suspect most of the noise is just from pot stirrers that have never placed an order with me.
If a person can't wait patiently, without asking about a delivery date, it's best for them to not order these MAY DELAY ORDER light kits until they are listed as IN STOCK. I just don't see how letting people know that IN ADVANCE can be construed as poor custom service.
So here it is....here is what everyone contacting me about these light kits will receive:
Hello,
I see your order. I am sorry your order may be taking longer than you expected. As explained when you placed your order, I do not have a completion estimate or any updates for you. You are free to cancel your order at anytime and will be refunded the full amount minus the PayPal fees.
Thank you for your order and patience,
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)
...and when I get 3 e-mails from the same person...the order will be canceled. So if you feel like e-mailing and asking, you are free to do so, but if you do not want to cancel your order or have it canceled, it's best to just look at that response posted there.
I appreciate everyone's business, patience and support and I am trying my best. I expected these light kits would take a long time to make and get filled. That is why I had that large explanation when I first listed them. I guess that is not what people wanted to hear and so here come the allegations of me running a poor business and being bad at customer support. I guess lying about delivery estimates and continually pushing back delivery dates would make some folks happier, but I'm not into lying or misleading people. Sorry.

I can only agree, since i work on my own and sometimes people can be annoying asking all the time "when do you send me the stuff?"
So i also tell them before they hire me, if they are in hurry and don't want to wait, they can go anywhere else. And if they still want to hire me, they will need to be patient.

1 month later
#1955 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Did you try to contact me before today? From what I see...you e-mailed me at 11:15 EST this morning and asked about your order. It seems you then got impatient after a few minutes and decided to post here about how I was not responding to your "reaching out" to me. At 11:39 EST (before I saw your post here) I had a response back to you. do you find that 24 minutes that it took me to respond to your e-mail unacceptable? I see a lot of other posts about unresponsive sellers and that is not me. Those post are normally about sellers not responding after days or weeks.....not 24 minutes.
Had you previously tried to reach me somehow? E-mail, Pinside PM or Facebook message? If so....I didn't see any of them and haven't received any other reports of messages not getting to me. I get the occasional one in the spam folder, but even those are normally seen within a few days.

I would say it is currently ONE of my most popular, but not THE most popular. I see no reason for this one new product to drag down the delivery times on all of my other items that don't take nearly the time to make. Why would I sink my other 13 light kit types and their delivery times with a new product that takes more time and effort to make? Then you would be seeing this sort of questioning and talk on every game thread instead of just concerning the type 14 kits. I don't work on the type 14 kits when I feel like it...I do it when I have time to work on them.

That's not the case. SpeakerLightKits.com is my only job. It's just me and that is all that I do.

Indeed, i can confirm i contacted you some days ago and you answered me some hours after, and is perfectly reasonable to answer even 1 or 2 days after, I only answer to my clients the same day if is really very important.
Sometimes some people can't wait a bit.

1 month later
#2280 1 year ago

My new plunger, in my opinion the best that I ever saw for godzilla. By Mikaël Vandervecken ( on Facebook, he's from Belgium ) around 45usd

IMG_20220724_231807.jpgIMG_20220724_231807.jpgIMG_20220724_231900.jpgIMG_20220724_231900.jpgIMG_20220724_231953.jpgIMG_20220724_231953.jpgIMG_20220724_233149.jpgIMG_20220724_233149.jpg
#2296 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

That is probably the best advice you'll receive as there are so many options. Take the time and read through the thread. If I had to pick a top five...
1. Diddy's Tesla strike towers
2. Flaming frames lit speaker covers
3. Pop bumper saucer mod (insert your favorite version here) Sleal16 for me
4. Stumblor's lit neon sign for scoop
5. Invisiglass, so you can appreciate the additions you'll make to the playfield.
6. Replace stock Godzilla with (insert favorite version here)
And yes I realize That's six things but it was all I could do to reign myself in at that.

Indeed, and to add just some more:

- Train decals for the right ramp from Tilt Graphics
- Convlux protectors, i bought yellow, but in orange or green can look cool too
- a shoot rod, since the original stern one is soo small for my monster hands
- better speakers , the sub woffer is "ok" but the front speakers are not that great

#2308 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

sorry, what is "convlux protectors" ?

Hi! This:
https://pu-parts.com/clip-godzilla-pro-yellow

1 week later
#2388 1 year ago
Quoted from Ender21x:

Did you do something to your Mecha GZ? He looks different. Did you paint him. The lines on him pop more than others I’ve seen.

i think he used a contrast paint "wash" to make it look like that .

4 weeks later
#2615 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Munsters powerbladez match the playfield artwork and color palette really well
For godzilla, I'm not sure if the person that designed them ever saw the pinball machine. Seems as if someone said "hey, Go watch Godzilla 1956 and then make some art blades". I'm at least sure they didn't try a prototype in godzilla, since surely they would have put a picture up. Just doesn't go with the playfield at all IMO. Would love to see it installed though and be proved wrong.[quoted image]

Hope you didn't bought that trash. And if you did , it's your fault, since you don't need to put the blades in the machine to see that it doesn't fit the theme and looks a bad photoshop art made in 1998.

3 weeks later
#2807 1 year ago

I can't talk for others, but i bought a Flaming light kit from Dug, indeed i waited a bit for it, but i was ok, since was well written on the website that there will be delays. ( also ordered a normal kit and that one was shipped very fast, maybe 2 or 3 days after ordering ).
He was always very cordial with me, even when i contacted him to know if he had a estimation of time to wait for the kit.
I got it in France some weeks ago and everything was included on the kit, nothing was missing, and in fact it's worth waiting for it since the effect on those speakers is amazing.
Indeed, if someone wants to show PM messages in a topic and continue, the best thing would be for that person to create their own topic.

#2810 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Final Update: Doug, Priority Mail shipped out my City Inserts this weekend, finally provided me a tracking number. I went out to the mailbox just now (I don't normally check my mailbox Sunday since they don't delivery on this day) and they are now in my possession.
Thanks Doug, our transaction is finally complete.
[quoted image]

even without knowing all the things , we know you are always lying, even here you are lying.... you detour words and change facts.
"Doug, Priority Mail shipped out my City Inserts this weekend" it was delivered the 24th, that means that Doug shipped LAST WEEK, not THIS WEEKEND ( meaning last weekend i imagine ), it was shipped in worst of the cases the 23th, a friday.
Not defending, but we can see that you are not a honest person.
( made screen capture in case you delete or edit, since you are big fan of screen captures )

#2822 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

FYI, Friday's are considered the start of the weekend.
[quoted image]

sure, that's why everyone that only work on week days never work on Fridays... that, and... i eat ice-creams with my forehead!

so you are 100% sure that it sent it Friday evening? and not Friday morning? Damn, you are really arrogant and liar, and you really think everyone is brainless....

1 week later
#2922 1 year ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Just done with custom Godzilla skin powder job….really love modding this game
Excuse the mess in the background….other games torn down to powder
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I really like that green in all the metal parts, really nice color and texture, but, The mix of blue and green is not a great idea in my opinion , specially in the rubber parts of the backbox.... it looks very strange and dont match the color scheme since blue is not a complementary color of green. You should try in golden or yellow or orange to see if you would not like better than the blue.

1 week later
#3019 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

What’s the next best saucer mod behind sleal’s, considering he is out of the game for several months at least? I’d like to find something comparable, the white plastic route. Any others?

Seal is by far the most elegant and identical to the one on godzilla video.
It's a easy pick!

1 month later
#3284 1 year ago

Speakerlightkit.com for sure

Quoted from Alansavicki:

Which is the best LED flame kit for the speakers. I see myth and cointaker both have them. Are they the same or does it matter which?

1 week later
#3357 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Has anyone put the pro Translite in the Premium
If so can they post a picture so I can decide if I like it better.
Thanks

the Premium is the most beautiful , by far!

2 months later
#3766 1 year ago

I waited 4 months for them, and worth the time waiting, they really look great, and i will buy more from Doug if i install in my JP.
Besides Doug is clear in is delay times, he is not promising to deliver in 3 days and give you the speaker only in 5 months.

2 months later
#4221 11 months ago
Quoted from subseamonkey:

You can reach out to Sleal16 and see if he is still making his Mecha upgrade as an alternative option. Info here, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/28#post-6889817

indeed, Seal16 makes amazing mods, i have almost all of his mods

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dacula, GA
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Days.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread?tu=Days and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.