IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChipScott.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#635 2 years ago

For those out there who have artistic 3D printing capabilities...

Would love to see someone create and sell a low-profile building facade of that center building on the backboard sticker (to the right of the subway building).
It would be light enough that it could be attached simply by double sided tape (and add some further dimension to that backboard, which I think would be cool).

Anyone interested in taking on that project?
Looks like the dimensions of that building picture (from above the orbit guide) is just about a clean 4" wide x 6" tall.

#637 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I've been toying with that and another area

Does look like a fellow pinsider responded to that idea on the 3D printing thread. Looks like he even made a link to the thing universe.

Quoted from tdiddy:

I've been toying with that and another area

That would be awesome. The mods you have been making are really great, I can't say enough about them, and I would love to see what you come up with!

As a head start, it does look like a fellow Pinsider did create a basic model in response to this idea on thing universe.
I will link his post response below.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby/page/32#post-6710337

#650 2 years ago

Awesome!

#664 2 years ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

For those contemplating the Mezel buildings. Here’s me LE with everything thus far. Also, just for fun a new sticker to cover the warning and my own shooter rod - I’m new to this and have zero design skills but thought I’d share.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Shooter rod looks really neat! Very cool!

#676 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Does the subway building look better in person? That bright yellow seems to stand out alot in photos, doesn’t fit in as well as the others.

I think the subway facade looks really good in person. It's rather dark in the back corner, so there's a fair amount of shadow. So, the yellow doesn't come across as bright as it looks in your hand under the light once installed. I think it's a nice addition. It's a little bit of a PIA to install, but very doable. I like it very much in my game and would recommend it to others.

#680 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

This project for the slings and ball guide going a little slower than expected, but got a decent test run with the base coat and allowing enough open to let the LEDs under it to shine through. Now to see about adding contrast with some of areas to give it some more definition.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks incredible! Will you produce these to sell?

#707 2 years ago

I love these Xilien characters.
I fabricated a plastic base that I attached to the post at the top of the right outlane. Added a spotlight in front of them and snuck the wire underneath the plastic protector in route to under the playfield where I hooked up to the red GI. Cool in that it comes on during modes where the red lights are lit, but especially during the introduction of the mode ("Godzilla versus whoever), they are lit up and highlighted similar to the LCD screen display.

PXL_20220121_192418858~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220121_192418858~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220121_192456523 (resized).jpgPXL_20220121_192456523 (resized).jpgPXL_20220121_192518502~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220121_192518502~2 (resized).jpg
#709 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Yours look great, I'm still on the hunt but did manage to score this one a few weeks back from eBay. Now just patiently awaiting the arrival of the machine.
[quoted image]

Very cool!

#716 2 years ago

Tried this out early this morning...

Cut a piece of plexiglass, spray painted it grey with some shimmering flecks to mimick concrete, and put some folks rushing out from the center building in a hectic mass group.
Snuck a dude in the back right taking a photo of Godzilla.

Anyway, thought I'd share this addition. I'll play with it for a while, see if I keep it, but Im thinking I probably will. I think the idea translated well.

PXL_20220125_085810732~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220125_085810732~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220125_094153501~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220125_094153501~2 (resized).jpg

PXL_20220125_094231664~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220125_094231664~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220125_094309757~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220125_094309757~2 (resized).jpg
#721 2 years ago

Thanks guys, This game has been just as fun to mod out as it has been to play. Absolutely loving it!

#724 2 years ago
Quoted from rdawsoniii:

Cool! I wouldn’t mind seeing a photo of the entire playfield to see everything you’ve done. I like the trees.

Thanks very much!
This is the pf from a few days ago (before this most recent people addition).
I fashioned some Mechagodzilla and Mothra figures into the mix, added some of Mezel mods building fascades, a few extra related things here and there, some Japanese signage in various spots, a series of spotlights throughout (including behind the Drake building out of view to highlight both the Mothra figure and a custom 3D building facades on the back panel) and some hidden personal liberties that I took with a set of Pinstadiums (so that I could use the color and UV the way I wanted to without having anything stuck to the sides ).

PXL_20220121_192518502~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220121_192518502~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220121_192528066~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220121_192528066~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220121_200716076 (resized).jpgPXL_20220121_200716076 (resized).jpg

#727 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Are the figures too tall to go on top of the bldg? What is the scale and where did you find them?

So, I'm somewhat new to these mini figures, but I have been able to figure out a little bit of the terminology on this adventure...

I found that this particular size figure that you see in the above pics is what they call "1:87 scale." I've noticed some people also calling it "HO scale" figures, but this seems to be a little less specific.
There is another size figure that's even smaller than this, and I've learned that those are "1:100 scale" and those little dudes really are small.

I haven't tried it, but I would imagine that I would be able to fit the size figure (seen in the above pictures) on the roof. After work today, I can certainly just do a trial and report back, but I'd imagine that they'd fit fine.

If you do a Google search for "HO model figures" and just keep your eye on the scale numbers, you will find a host of available figures on eBay as well as on some sites that specialize in model trains and model train paraphernalia. Additionally, on that same search, there are some folks on Etsy who have some specialty figures as well. I had to give serious contemplation as to whether or not to grab the John Travolta/ Samuel L Jackson Pulp fiction characters both aiming their guns like on the movie...okay, okay I'll admit it, I actually did pick those up, haha, they just having arrived yet, hahaha.

#728 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Gorgeous. A couple of properly sized jets here or there and would complete the scene

Thank you!!
I completely agree about the jets...I did pick up jets along the way, but all of them were too big to my liking, just didn't fit the size/perspective of the current ensemble, so to speak.
That said, I do have some smaller jets on the way and I am hopeful that they will be a perfect fit. My aim is to create a mounting system such that the planes are flying over the left ramp wireform, along the left side, aimed at Godzilla.

#730 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

1:200 scale F-86F by Hogan Wings on ebay.

Nice!! I will have to investigate those!

#735 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Thank you! Paid $17.99 plus $5.25 shipping. I cut off the landing gear and the bombs on the wings on the bottom.

Man, that plane looks perfect! Awesome!

#737 2 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

I went with a couple of MicroMachines Mig 15s for my jets. Repainted them to closer match the playfield art.[quoted image]

Man, those look great too!
You guys found some badass planes!!!

#746 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I really like the Kaiju battle sign you have above the right scoop, but I can’t find where to buy this one. I’m assuming it’s a mod, correct?

Thanks so much.
Yes this is from Mezel Mods.
It's kind of hard to tell from the main Godzilla mod menu that they have, but if you click on "sign upgrade" it will lead you to a screen where you can purchase the upgraded sign for the scoop, as you see in the pictures.
Link below:

https://mezelmods.com/collections/godzilla-pinball-mods-stern/products/godzilla-pinball-sign-upgrades?variant=39613086597217

#747 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I've done so already with N-scale figures (are those the 1:100?) for a rooftop barbecue, inspired by wtatumjr. I did add HO-scale cows to the party as well, so yes, N-scale folks on the roof work fine, at least on the Prem/LE, cheers!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/122#post-6701427
And, ChipScott those trees are epic! May I ask if you have a product link to share those?

Thanks so much.
Funny enough, I purchased some little trees online, but also ended up finding a bag of trees that I actually ended up using from Hobby Lobby (various sizes and a couple different colors).
There's no buying one or two of these, haha, it's a bag of a boat ton of them.
If you want to shoot me a PM, maybe we can work out shipping and I'll just send you a small box full of them.
I used a small strip of aluminum and bolted up through the tree on one side and drilled a hole where I hooked to the hex bolts behind them on the other end. To cover the transition of the tree to its base as well as the area along any visible aluminum, I just used that fuzzy fake foliage that I had in my workshop from a prior project. I could send you a small bag of that as well.
Thank you for the compliment, I'm really pleased with the end result

#756 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Godzilla looks mighty fine! Which figurine is that?

Thank you so much.
I opted on the 1964 Godzilla.
Positioned him with a somewhat lunging stance with his tail wrapping around behind the Drake building.
I used music wire to make 2 connections to local screws/hex nuts at the left foot and one to a local screw on the right foot and then zip tied-to-zip tie the tail to the post behind the Drake building (post that holds the short left ramp wireform that leads into the building).

This was the figure and site that I purchased from (link below).

https://www.undiscoveredrealm.com/products/neca-1964-godzilla-12-inch-head-to-tail-action-figure?currency=USD&variant=39555636265044&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&gclid=CjwKCAiA3L6PBhBvEiwAINlJ9DlDILtyUmzPyx8DsXxpONOl8GfkjqJvkLyBh6IKHOGug3kV6LaN2BoCJ_sQAvD_BwE

#758 2 years ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Looks great! Can you please share the mothra figure link? Thx.

Thanks so much
Unfortunately that Mothra figure was a one-and-done deal that I stumbled on with a TOHO figure collector from Japan who was selling a couple things from his collection. That said, that particular model may very well be out there on the internet for purchase, but I unfortunately don't have a specific site to lead you to.

I ended up collecting a few different Mothra characters on this adventure as it can be so hard sometimes to tell style/shape/size on the internet, but this one I thought looked the best to my eye so I committed to this one.
I had scored another very similarly constructed one that was pretty sweet and a little bit more transparent, but I ended up selling it recently to a fellow Pinsider.

#760 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Need a little more practice with the paint...and I need to find one of the four freaking screws that holds them down. I lost in the last couple of days and might just end up buying a 50 pack just to replace the one in black screw, lol(cheapest I've found compared to a smaller bag but with higher shipping).

I've got the Pro, but must say that thing looks amazing! What a cool design. Nice work!!

Think you might make a design moving forward to embellish the Mecha pro plastic?

#797 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

will it have a glow feature? this is super cool

Some sort of embedded green LED, cool idea.

#846 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I am happy to finally be able to announce that in collaboration with Random Pinball (aka toyotaboy) we are now ready to reveal our Interactive and Illuminated Oxygen Destroyer (OD) mod. This mod has been in the works from the day the game was announced, but it took a long time to finish with all of our other mods going on. It mimics the OD that is on the playfield in the right outlane.
This mod is 3D printed from 7 different parts, it has polycarbonate tubing, stainless steel rods and nuts, an aluminum ball and super bright dual leds. It is mounted off the screw next to the right wire form and sits over the right outlane, but mounts low enough down in the lane so you can still see the ball to be able to nudge. The OD will illuminate only when the OD insert in the outlane illuminates. The install is pretty straightforward, only a phillips head screw driver is needed (no soldering!). Admittedly, it is a little tricky routing the wire along the guide separating the inlane and outlane, but a couple of zip ties and a little patience and I was able to secure it out of the way to prevent it from interfering with the ball and keep visibility of the wire to a minimum.
We don't have a business model that makes mods limited or slaps numbers on them, we don't take names on lists and definitely don't take money until we have a product in hand. Life is easier for everyone when you actually have something ready to ship and then you collect funds. With that said, early on, these will be a little slower to bring to market. I think we will have 5 ready to ship out within the next week and then they will trickle out from there in similar batches. They will be up on our site (Lermods.com) tomorrow morning and the price will be $99 plus our standard $0.99 domestic shipping. If you don't get one in this first batch, don't worry, we will continue to make them as demand warrants, and assuming we can get all the parts we need.
I have a video of it below as well as a few pics. I'm happy to answer any questions or address any concerns anyone might have.
Hope you like it!

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]</blockquote
That looks sweet!

I am happy to finally be able to announce that in collaboration with Random Pinball (aka toyotaboy) we are now ready to reveal our Interactive and Illuminated Oxygen Destroyer (OD) mod. This mod has been in the works from the day the game was announced, but it took a long time to finish with all of our other mods going on. It mimics the OD that is on the playfield in the right outlane.
This mod is 3D printed from 7 different parts, it has polycarbonate tubing, stainless steel rods and nuts, an aluminum ball and super bright dual leds. It is mounted off the screw next to the right wire form and sits over the right outlane, but mounts low enough down in the lane so you can still see the ball to be able to nudge. The OD will illuminate only when the OD insert in the outlane illuminates. The install is pretty straightforward, only a phillips head screw driver is needed (no soldering!). Admittedly, it is a little tricky routing the wire along the guide separating the inlane and outlane, but a couple of zip ties and a little patience and I was able to secure it out of the way to prevent it from interfering with the ball and keep visibility of the wire to a minimum.
We don't have a business model that makes mods limited or slaps numbers on them, we don't take names on lists and definitely don't take money until we have a product in hand. Life is easier for everyone when you actually have something ready to ship and then you collect funds. With that said, early on, these will be a little slower to bring to market. I think we will have 5 ready to ship out within the next week and then they will trickle out from there in similar batches. They will be up on our site (Lermods.com) tomorrow morning and the price will be $99 plus our standard $0.99 domestic shipping. If you don't get one in this first batch, don't worry, we will continue to make them as demand warrants, and assuming we can get all the parts we need.
I have a video of it below as well as a few pics. I'm happy to answer any questions or address any concerns anyone might have.
Hope you like it!

Man, that looks amazing!!

#856 2 years ago

My Hogan planes finally came in and got them installed via music wire.
Really happy with how it came out.
Used the upper half of the playfield where the ramps cross...kind of using that upper loop to have them follow the path of those loops/ramps aimed at Godzilla.

I also picked up a Maser Cannon toy from a guy in Japan (actually picked up two of them, in case I horsed one up while messing around with it).

Didn't use the full maser cannon setup (which includes the military truck it sits on as well as a military jeep that pulls that canon), just the cannon itself and placed it there on the left plastic.
I added a spotlight at the top of the left outlane facing the cannon and ran the wiring underneath the outlane plastic to underneath the playfield (similar to what I did on the right for the Xiliens). I then used an interactive light mechanism (used the interactive scoop light mechanism from mezel mods, but switched end light as the spotlight as opposed to the small LED PCB) to trigger at the Maser Cannon playfield light...such that when that Maser Cannon playfield light turns on, the spotlight turns on shining at the cannon.
Right now I am using a warm white bulb, but have ordered a "blue fire" bulb from Comet and will ultimately use that.

PXL_20220205_045446526~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220205_045446526~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220205_045849665~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220205_045849665~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220205_045911820~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220205_045911820~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220205_045934028~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220205_045934028~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220205_045952143~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220205_045952143~2 (resized).jpg
#859 2 years ago

Thanks guys!
I've really been having a blast both playing and modding this game out.
There's definitely been some trial and error in terms of accentuating the game with these mods, but I'm really happy with how it is coming along. This game is awesome!

#861 2 years ago
Quoted from mayo:

ChipScott : can i ask dimensions of your planes ? and you mentionned that you fixed them with music wire, could you post a detailled photo please ?
I like the trees as well ! and the xiliens ...
And even more the maser canon !!! where did you find it ?
I love this game
great modding !

Hey mayo , thanks!!!
I found that the best wire to use is the 0.047 music wire.
It is malleable enough to bend with a needle nose plier, but sturdy enough to hold without too much wibble-wobble, if you know what I mean.

In addition to being secured by a local screw or hex nut, if the wire can also fall onto a local solid structure (i.e. edge of a ramp, etc), that lends to additional stability. Obviously the shorter the length of wire, the more sturdy it is.

I usually will use the needle nose pliers to fashion a small loop on one end, to which I will then attach it to a local nut or hex screw, and then usually make another loop at the opposite end to which I will usually drill a small hole into the toy/ mod and then secure through that loop with a small screw.

In this case, however, while I did have a loop fastened securely to a local playfield screw and or hex nut, I used a combination of just bending the wire and super-gluing it to the base of the plane for two of them...and for the third one, I drilled a hole up through the back of the plane (at the rear exhaust) and then bent the end of the wire and stuck it straight into that hole (additionally, secured by super glue within that hole).

Before installing, I usually will take a black paint pen and paint the wire black to fall into the shadows of the game...makes it harder to see.
You can also fashion the direction of the wire/mod such that your line of sight disguises that wire.

In the above pictures, on the far left plane that is hovering over the trees and bridge, I had the wire, (painted black) coming from a hex nut behind bridge. The wire then bent over the wireform (from behind, and partially supported on the back edge of the wireform, giving some nice stability)...and then, since there's a tree right there, I opted to envelope part of that wire (just above the wireform at the level of the tree) with a tuft of fake green tree stuff, haha.... And in addition, using the technique mentioned above, with the angle of the wire being obscured by the mod/ toy structure at the players line of sight, the combination made the wire almost invisible, visually and I was really pleased with the end result!!

I'm sure that other companies carry it, but this wire can be found at Hobby lobby, or online. Here is the link to the music wire that I use. Pretty cheap, about $1.50 for three 1 ft long strands of wire.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Hobbies-Collecting/Tools-Blades/Music-Wire---0.047%22/p/97976

These planes are from a company called "Hogan Wings" and they can be found both on eBay, as well as at different specialty centers on the internet that focus on models/replicas. They are small, but very well done, and I felt that proportionally they fit very well with the rest of the playfield additions I had previously added.

#864 2 years ago

Thought I would share an easy upgrade that I did today.
I created custom stickers of broken ground/street roads, etc, with the idea to put them at the exposed floors of the center Drake building just before the ball would leave the building and enter onto the wireform (similar to that on the premium, except in line with the idea that these are roads and under some degree of destruction from Godzilla).
Got three different versions and ultimately decided on one.
Had to cut that "V" out on the left, but wasn't necessary on the right.
I think it turned out pretty cool!
PXL_20220205_222933309~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220205_222933309~2 (resized).jpg

PXL_20220205_225135426~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220205_225135426~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220205_230315848~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220205_230315848~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220205_231355033~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220205_231355033~2 (resized).jpg
#866 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

If either you or ChipScott havecan extra maser to part with after your mods are done I’d be happy to buy it off you!

I actually offloaded my extra maser cannon earlier today, so maybe this other Pinsider can hook you up

#868 2 years ago

I do have a few of these stickers left, so if anyone is interested, please feel free to reach out and PM me.

#871 2 years ago

Thought I would share a little bit of noodle shop embellishment I did this weekend.
In addition to the noodle shop building facade that I installed from Mezel mods (which is an amazing addition), I placed a Japanese sign (to cover over a flag that Mezels puts on the left) which is a model sign from a Japanese ramen noodle shop, haha....i then placed a little bowl of noodles below it that was created by a miniature crafts artist.
These items are relatively hidden/out of view at the players position during gameplay, but I thought adds just a little bit to the overall ambience

PXL_20220206_142910807~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220206_142910807~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220206_142925702~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220206_142925702~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220206_142943992~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220206_142943992~2 (resized).jpg
#874 2 years ago

I have a set of Wizard mod side blades available on the marketplace, if anyone were interested. I had a couple folks PM me, but have not heard a response back, so while I hope they do respond, as I like to honor the first come first serve, at the current time they are available.

Additionally, now that I have committed to some particular mods on my machine, I have @tdiddy's bridge mod, the Tesla coil mod from Lermod's, and the building front plastic protector from ULEK available, if anyone was interested.
Thanks!

EDIT:Side blades and flipper toppers -sold

#877 2 years ago

Thanks guys!!

#881 2 years ago

I got a delayed shipment in yesterday of a 10 Japanese jet fighter plane set. They are snap-together plastic construction, but once assembled, they feel very solid and look pretty dope. They are an equivocal size to the Hogan Wing planes I recently installed on my machine.

Seems as though the rounder nosed planes mimic the pictures a bit more of the playfield plastics, while the sharper nosed planes mimic the planes seen on the movie clips.

There's two styles of jet plane, one more white and blue with more pointed nose, the other more silver and blue and more rounder nose.

Since I already have planes installed on my machine, I do not really need these anymore. So, if anyone were interested in picking some of these up, shoot me a PM.

UPDATE:
Grey round nose planes - all sold
White pointed nose planes - all sold

PXL_20220209_051819600 (resized).jpgPXL_20220209_051819600 (resized).jpgPXL_20220209_051824579 (resized).jpgPXL_20220209_051824579 (resized).jpgPXL_20220209_051841293 (resized).jpgPXL_20220209_051841293 (resized).jpgPXL_20220209_052403286 (resized).jpgPXL_20220209_052403286 (resized).jpgPXL_20220209_052410508 (resized).jpgPXL_20220209_052410508 (resized).jpgPXL_20220209_052429912 (resized).jpgPXL_20220209_052429912 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#905 2 years ago

Just a little project I've been working on with the small Maser cannon toy I picked up from Japan.

In addition to a spotlight at the top of the left outlane, which is rigged with interactive sensor to the Maser cannon pf insert, I fashioned a blue LED (with wiring running on the back side of the cannon) which I connected to the dome flasher there behind it.

So, when the Maser cannon pf insert is lit, a Comet warm white "insane bright" bulb from the outlane shines up and highlights the cannon, and when the dome flasher behind it lights at its different intensities, so does the blue light at the cannon.

I painted the dome/tip of the cannon in a mirrored silver such that when the blue light shines, it's nice and reflective. All of the above gives some nice variation of lighting to this area as sometimes one light is lit, sometimes the other light is lit, sometimes they're both lit together, and sometimes neither are lit.

PXL_20220217_124759216~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220217_124759216~2 (resized).jpg

PXL_20220217_125822003~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220217_125822003~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220217_125835225~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220217_125835225~2 (resized).jpg

PXL_20220217_125837418~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220217_125837418~2 (resized).jpg
#932 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Just installed my Sparky Pinball GZ topper on my LE with those awesome Flamingo Frames speaker lights.

That looks really amazing, especially with those speaker lights. Wow! Goes perfectly.
May I ask, is the color changing optional, by controller? ...and where is that topper getting power from (molex connector to the board in the back box, similar to other known toppers)? Thanks!

#934 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Does the topper come with the color changing lighting?

As above, that's kind of what I'm curious about as well. Is there an option for color changing or can you do solid/fade options via controller? The topper itself certainly looks very cool, and goes perfectly with those speaker light addition (and especially with that additional cityscape acrylic).

#937 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

The topper is sold by Sparky Pinball and doesn’t come with the lighting. Mezelmods sells the lighting kits for all Sparky Pinball toppers though. The lighting has a remote control which allows a nearly infinite number of static, flashing, fading and colors. The light kit plugs directly into the power board in the back box. It’s quite an easy install.

That's awesome. Thx for the replies.
I had made my own topper, but I must admit, this one from Sparky looks really awesome.
I have the flaming speaker lights on order with the cityscape acrylics, and I think that this topper goes amazingly well with that setup. Thank you so much for posting that topper installed, looks great!

#939 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I've seen some flaming speaker lights from Doug, but where do you get them with the skyline on the bottom? Those look sharp!

On that website for the speaker lights, there's a separate section for "acrylics" and those skyline acrylics are there and can be added to the flame speaker lights purchase.

#958 2 years ago

Ended up scoring an additional Xillien character recently (came in a pose with his arm stretched out). Opted to mount him by the scoop with his stretched out arm pointing at the Kaiju battle, which I thought was a cool place to put him.

Attached him with a thin aluminum strip with two holes, connecting to the hex post at the scoop plastic (and used a black hex nut to match better with the dark boots on the character), the other side with a smaller screw up the foot/ankle. Put a little foam underneath the aluminum to protect any underlying plastic.
PXL_20220226_132314471~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220226_132314471~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220226_141947921~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220226_141947921~2 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1381 2 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

Here is a quick video of it in action. The ufo has multiple patterns using a sp107e led controller and multiple colors. Just set to this for the vid.

Absolutely awesome!

#1391 2 years ago
Quoted from Kent_Diego:

Having trouble seeing the ball when the GI is blacked out? Here is my cheap mod to fix that. I added star post lights to the two clear posts near the flippers. I connected them to always on +5V. Found an unused Serial Out connector at the outhole kicker and easily plugged in standard 0.100" header board for connection. Those black out moments were so annoying. [quoted image][quoted image]

That is a great idea!!
Do you mind to show a few more pictures to elaborate how you made/used that connection to feed multiple star posts.

3 weeks later
#1551 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Glad I took a chance on the alien console. I'm digging it.

That looks great! Very cool!

3 weeks later
#1725 1 year ago
Quoted from DavisAZ:

Hi -
Just wanted to say a big thank you to this Godzilla MOD group and for all the wealth of information you have shared!
This is the first game I've modded and I'm super happy how it all turned out.
A big shout out to those that have used their skills to build all these great mods and of course those that have openly shared their super creative ideas and answering all my question along the way.
Thanks again!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Playfield is looking great!!!

1 week later
#1790 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

That awful feeling when an errand ball ruins a great mod…

Man, that sucks. I've not yet straight cracked that tower in half, but I have knocked a few spicules off its sides. One thing I will say is that material is very responsive to super glue, and I'm sure you have already taken it off and glued and replaced it already, but man, sorry that happened.

#1791 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I have those and they look great.
[quoted image]

Game looks great! The more I see your alternate translite, the more I like it. Really cool!!

#1846 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

^

Hope you like it, not for sale

Amazing idea, looks great!!!

#1871 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Has anyone changed all their GI cool white lights to Frosted Sunlight or Warm White on their Godzilla, and be willing to snap a few pics? I have mine sitting next to my Deadpool which I did the entire Deadpool in Frosted Sunlight and really like the warmer white than the harsher white of Godzilla by contrast , but not sure how it would look with Godzilla color palette. Thanks for any help

In addition to the link provided by Sorokyl which was earlier picture I had posted, I have since changed the playfield around a little bit, but continuing with warm white in the GI as well as in the spotlights. For my eyes, I typically always change out all of my Stern games from thier stock cool white to Comet 2-SMD warm white.

PXL_20220401_195838154 (resized).jpgPXL_20220401_195838154 (resized).jpgPXL_20220401_195846307 (resized).jpgPXL_20220401_195846307 (resized).jpg
#1883 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Looks awesome! Are those warm white SMDS:s frosted or clear?

Clear 2-SMD warm whites
This is a picture of the machine currently with this warm white lighting throughout.

PXL_20220617_130523144~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220617_130523144~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220617_130537384~3 (resized).jpgPXL_20220617_130537384~3 (resized).jpg
#1893 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Nice. What Godzilla figure is that and same question on the ufo mod?

The UFO mod is a Frankenstein combo: with Liors UFO on top of Gov's Mods UFO base.

The Godzilla is the 1964 Godzilla vs Mothra figure. I have his feet attached to local posts and his tail wrapping behind the center building and attached to the post of the wireform back there. I've tried a couple different figures, and have been very happy with this one.

2 weeks later
#2068 1 year ago
Quoted from Frankies:

Which Bulbs did you use to replace the cold white spotlight into warm white ?

I got all of the lighting from Comet. I used 2-SMD clear, warm white for the GI. I left the Red bulbs alone.
I don't think that there are any playfield flasher bulbs in this game, but on Stern games where I change out for warm white, I use 5V 8-SMD warm white for the flashers.

#2069 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

[quoted image]

Heck yeah! Do it!!!

#2082 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I 3d printed some F-86 jets to put in my machine. Before I go through too much trouble painting them wanted to get some opinions on the scale/quantity/placement.
I have a Strummy oxygen destroyer coming for the right outlane, and a maser cannon coming for above the maser target, so combined with all my other planned mods really this lower area around the inlanes / slings is the only thing missing some depth. I've set some near where I think they would look good and not be in the way.
Is 5 jets too many? perhaps go down to 3 (2 on left 1 on right). the slightly smaller jet in the center i was doing some quick painting on, before i decided to make them slightly larger and probably use metallic paints instead of grey.
appreciate any other ideas/feedback
[quoted image]

Great job, they look awesome!
As above, it's your machine and artistic vision but, if you're looking for suggestions, maybe start by keeping them on the outlanes, mirroring the two jets on the left and one on the right as you said. Once you have them on wires, you can change their flying angle to give them a more flying action look. Agreed with the metallic coloring as opposed to flat gray... they're gonna look super.
Look forward to some upcoming pictures!

#2118 1 year ago
Quoted from subseamonkey:

I put in fire star posts and it gives a nice effect to the fires on the building located on the sling plastics. Also brightens the area well. [quoted image]

So you put fire post lights directly centered underneath the sling plastics? Great idea! I bet that looks awesome. Can you make a small video of how that looks?

#2144 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I got the Kaiyodo Maser Canon today... Not sure exactly how/if i want to use it in my pin.
It does not really fit well on top of the clear maser plastic. It's too tall. Removing that plastic is an option, but the yellow plastic over a light is potentially in the way (when does this flash by the way?).
One thing i noticed is that the dish of the canon is same size as the spotlights. Wouldn't it be cool to replace that spotlight that is visually obtrusive? The depth of that spotlight bulb / base is way too deep to stick it into the maser dish in a aesthetically pleasing way (giant hole with base sticking out the back). Does anyone know of a more compact LED solution that is as bright and can serve the same role as the spotlight? ideally it would fit completely in the dish and only wires would need to go through. I've also thought of just moving the spotlight all the way to the side, a bit further down the playfield, still pointing at the building, to be less obtrusive. And even if it cant replace the spotlight, maybe put an led in there tied to the maser cannon insert or that mystery yellow flasher
If anyone else has an ideas on how to best use this toy I'd love to hear[quoted image][quoted image]

I liked your follow-up post with your lighting solution. Awesome job! I also used that toy on that plastic.
For those who have and/or are thinking about getting this toy, one thing you'll notice is that all of these pieces pull apart from each other easily...the maser cannon arm pulls apart from its base that it spins on, and the silver base with the little colored paint on the side pulls apart from the truck bed, etc.

I just used the maser cannon and it's silver base which fits very nicely on the left-sided plastic with double sided stick tape. I did not use the truck bed that the maser cannon sits on, or the truck itself. I did cut the edges off of the truck that had the Japanese symbols and glued them on to the sides of the maser cannon base. To aid in fitting this item on the plastic and place the cannon where I wanted, I did use a Dremel to remove about 1/3 of the silver base that the cannon sits on (the portion that is further away from the swivel of the cannon), and have that edge facing the sidewall of the cabinet so that it cannot be seen. For a visually unobstructive and seamless look, I have its position at the closest portion of that clear left-sided plastic with the cannons angle facing in-line with the wireform of the right ramp as it crosses the playfield.

Similar to your wiring/lighting solution, I tied in a single SMD LED light that I ran the wiring up the back of the arm of the cannon and into the back of the radar/dish so that the light shines through the center pokey piece. I did this using Lermods bridge flasher mod, but did it in warm white. To make the lighting at that area more obvious and dramatic, I painted the arms and tip of the radar in a highly reflective metallic silver mirrored paint, such that when the light goes off, you can really see it nicely without it being too much.
That said, I enjoyed seeing your lighting solution as well! However, at the location that you placed yours, I already have 3 spotlights shining across the playfield, so it was necessary for me to have my cannon a bit closer and away from that spotlight area.

I also added a spotlight at the top of the outlane facing the cannon that I have it's spotlight wire running under the playfield. Using Comet Matrix system along with a light sensor system from Mezel, I tied the spotlight to the light of the maser cannon pf insert (such that when the maser cannon insert lights up, the spotlight shines at the side of the cannon).
Overall the above gives a pretty cool effect.

PXL_20220302_011621012~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220302_011621012~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220302_011627799~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220302_011627799~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220302_011636470~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220302_011636470~2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220617_130540788~3 (resized).jpgPXL_20220617_130540788~3 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2223 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Probably going to start

Yeah, it's just been crazy busy again with Towers . An official thread/list is coming very soon. But here's a 95% final look on the Naegele Oil building on both models

Very cool man! Looks amazing!
As a enthusiast of this game, but a rather rookie Godzilla aficionado overall, while it may be obvious to some, I am curious where did you get your inspiration for this building idea?

2 weeks later
#2378 1 year ago
Quoted from Shuoink:

Just installed tdiddy tower mod.
After putting the back ball trail behind the building back on... it now rubs against the building, which it didn't do before...
I've been messing with it for several hours and no matter what I can't seem to get it placed where it's not hitting the building now...
What am I doing wrong? Thanks...

If the wireform is sitting a bit too low for clean entry into the building, consider placing an additional washer in between the post and the wireform to raise it up just a little bit.
I do not have the premium/ LE, but I'm sure you made sure that you didn't push on the building a little bit during the mod install to change its (the buildings) position.
There should be 2 nuts and washers holding that wireform to its associated posts that can both be loosened to allow for a little bit of play of the wireform, which I'm sure you've done, but just wanted to make that comment/suggestion just in case.

1 week later
#2456 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Finally joined the club on 8/5 when I received my GZ Premium after a 6 month wait. What a game! I immediately launched into mod installation mode as I have been stock piling them since I ordered the game. After 4 long days and a lot of help from my wife, the job is done. What some may see as clutter I see as an amazing world under glass. For anyone curious, Here's is a list of what I added to my game:
1. full set of Mezel Mod building upgrades and MaserLight cannon
2. Flaming Frame speaker light kits from SpeakerLightKits.com
3. Kenwood KFC-1366S 5 1/4" speakers from Kenwood (Amazon)
4. Start Button from Rocket City Pinball
5. Saucer Pop Button and Mechagodzilla shield mods from the Art of Pinball
6. Tesla Towers and Jet mod from TDiddy
7. coin door magnetic panel from Inscribed Solutions
8. lollipop style side armor, King Ghidorah, Rodan, and Anguirus figures from Pinball Life
9. Mothra and Jet jaguar figures from Super 7
10. Plastic protectors from ULEK
11. Street ramp decals from Tilt Graphics
12. Side blades and flipper caps from Wizard Mod
13. NECA 1964 Godzilla figure from Bizarrro Toys (Amazon)
14. Oxygen Destroyer from High End Mods (BTW, it is really great)
15. Tokyo Neon Sign by Stumblor (also really great)
16. Stern 'Mothra egg' shooter rod
17. TOHO magnetic sign from Space Coast Pinball
18. Full set of Cliffy Protectors from Passion for Pinballs
19. Silicone flipper rings from Titan pinball
And last but not least, at least for now, I bought my game from one of the best distributors out there, NEXT LEVELPINBALL SHOP
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

All looks great!
I tell you, that scoop sign looks awesome. Mine is in the mail enroute to me now...can't wait to get mine and install it as well!

1 month later
#2763 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Posting to see if anyone would have any interest in this wizard mod coin door sticker. I love the decal but just can’t bring myself to cover up the new paint job! Will sell for $50 OBO if anyone is interested.[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome powder coat color! Looks great.
Mind sharing what color you used?

2 months later
#3463 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Just installed the Abe Flips inspired shooter lane fix imported from Germany.
Superior quality, fits like a glove. Looks factory
If it doesn't come up in the page below link do a search for skillshot optimizer
https://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/index.php?n=5&s=5&e=50&p=1&o=1&guid=&m=&l=1

That really looks awesome. Thank you for posting those pictures. It really does look factory. I'm going to get one too.

1 month later
#3713 1 year ago
Quoted from pinopinballmods:

Hello everybody,
Just to let you know that we managed to make the eyes of the MechaGodzilla (Premiun/LE version) interact with the GI (General Illumination). The difficulty is to drill the figure without making any mistakes . And for that you have to be delicate. Then we built a kit that allows us to do this. Now the drilling of the figure is up to you!
You can buy here : https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/07852-lights-kit-for-mechagodzilla-le-premium
Note : I also saw that you could buy this figurine for 90 dollars on Pinball Life .
I m just selling the lights kit not the figurine !
See you soon.

Awesome idea and work!!
Looks badass! I'm in!!

1 week later
#3748 1 year ago

It's been a while since I've posted in this thread, but I tell you, I am still absolutely loving this game.
Ended up putting some new love on the playfield yesterday, and wanted to share the results and experience.

Picked up that Nagel Building Mod from @tdiddy, and wow, that really fills that left hand sidewall space so well! Installation was straightforward and I think the results were great.
Since I had already been using some model trees on the pf to help add some realism and set the scene, that little corner in the front of this new building was a perfect spot for another one, and I really feel it gives a seamless look in my current diorama.
The mod attaches under the pf to the flasher there by the mazer cannon, and since I had created my own interactive mazer cannon and had connected to that spot already, I was able to run both in series, and everything worked great! Whew!

PXL_20230226_131822208~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20230226_131822208~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20230226_131835186~3 (resized).jpgPXL_20230226_131835186~3 (resized).jpgPXL_20230226_131925699~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20230226_131925699~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20230226_132211053~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20230226_132211053~2 (resized).jpg
#3772 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

ChipScott that is the best looking GZ I’ve ever seen. I was wondering if you were done, looks like not! FYI I tried a “sunlight” swap out and it’s nice, but I think your warm white bulb swap is killer - the artwork really shines in those pics. I’ll be copying it.

Thanks guys! Yeah, for me, I really like the warm white GI look (I also changed out the forward facing lights from the apron, along with adding a number of additional spotlights to warm white... all of which aid in the overall look). This is such a great game to play and mod!!

3 weeks later
#3857 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Can I put these fire bulbs in the Godzilla spotlight to try out? Is the voltage right?
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/fire-bulbs?_pos=1&_sid=3c41f243d&_ss=r

Yes, those are 5volt lights, as is the single spotlight there on the left and all GI on the GDZ.

#3873 1 year ago

So I switched out the mechagodzilla figure that I had in place for the premium/LE replacement that Pinball Life offers.
One nice thing about that replacement is that it comes with 2 inserts for the belly button (where the magnet usually lives in the premium/LE), one clear and one red insert.
I opted on the clear and then tied in a light blue light behind it that mimics the light blue (of the varying rgb) of the Mechagodzilla inserts on the pf, and tied this light into the flasher behind him.
So, when the flasher goes off, his belly button glows in that same light blue (most notable during gameplay during Mechagodzilla multi-ball). Really adds a cool new effect.
These pictures are during attract mode (where there's a predominance of the red GI lit).

PXL_20230327_141014567~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20230327_141014567~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20230327_141141458~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20230327_141141458~2 (resized).jpg

#3878 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Always love seeing your machine.
Suprised to see you still running black rubbers. Do you just like the way they play? I think the black is just clashing with the beautiful world you've created.

Thanks so very much!!!
I do like the way the black rubbers play and I sort of like how the darker rubber falls into the shadows a bit. That said, I think if I were to replace them, I would consider that clear, transparent rubber...that tends to look pretty sharp to my eyes on machines.

#3881 1 year ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Where is your UFO and aliens from? I like the look you setup there. Thanks.

The UFO is Frankenstein using the base from GOV's mod and the saucer from Little Shop of Games (Art of Pinball).
The Xillion characters I acquired some time ago and it was hard as heck to find some... so I was thrilled to run across some. I put one at the scoop sign, and 2 at the top of the right outlane. As you can see I made my own base for those 2 characters out of plexi (attached to the post on the right at the very top of the right outlane) and then lit them with spotlight connected to red GI (running the wire underneath the outline plastics). In the picture above, during attract mode, there's a preponderance of red lit GI, so you can see the effect when they are highlighted in the above pic. It's fun during gameplay because when you start a mode battle at the scoop and the Xillion controller is talking to you, the game uses red GI and those characters light up during that time (and other times when red GI is being utilized).
I really like the effect.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 210.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChipScott.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread?tu=ChipScott and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.