IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bohdi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#938 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Just installed my Sparky Pinball GZ topper on my LE with those awesome Flamingo Frames speaker lights.

I've seen some flaming speaker lights from Doug, but where do you get them with the skyline on the bottom? Those look sharp!

#940 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

On that website for the speaker lights, there's a separate section for "acrylics" and those skyline acrylics are there and can be added to the flame speaker lights purchase.

Thanks......

#942 2 years ago
Quoted from Flaverflav:

The problem is you have to wait a very long time to get it (i ask it today and if you want to be on the list today waiting Time is for several months)

Well I won't see my pin til prolly August, so I got time. And thanks for the tip...

1 week later
#993 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

I'm looking at this 2 pack to replace the godzilla and mechagodzilla in my Pro.
amazon.com link »

I like the Mech, but not a huge fan of the Godzilla. I prefer the old school Godzilla, just my .02

#996 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

Definitely. I do like the Mecha better, but for the cost, it is worth it to have a slightly ugly Godzilla. If I could find one that looks older, that would be better.

Check Ebay, there are lots of Godzilla figures

#999 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

i'm thrilled with the neca 1956 poster godzilla, and he fits almost perfectly (you have to bend his tail slightly)
[quoted image]

That's the one i'm thinking of going with. Did you add a LED or flasher to it in any way?

#1001 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

not yet. I'll likely be swapping the yellow breath for blue, and likely a flasher there
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good. Are you guys adding a spotlight or LED, or are you using an existing source? i havn't got my pin yet, so i'm unsure exactly what you all are doing to add light to that area/figure. Just trying to get all my mods and ideas ready so i know what to have on hand when it arrives...

1 week later
#1066 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

For those out there who are concerned that the poster art neca Godzilla figure might not match the artwork, this might be an answer. These are available for under $100. They have one other available also that looks pretty cool.
[quoted image]

This one doesn't stick out as much

GZ2 (resized).jpgGZ2 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#1273 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Mirrors, mirrors, mirrors! Brightens up the game, makes the playfield seem infinite. I have a set I will be installing in my gz premium on day two after it arrives.

Haven't had the need to buy mirror blades in years. Who's the best source these days for these? Have to put them on my GZ

1 week later
#1341 2 years ago

Ummmm, yeah, that's sweet. Me need one of those.

#1365 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

For those of you that have installed the flaming frames kit, where did you plug the power cord into? My kit came with a cord that looks like it'd plug into the dollar bill connection but nothing happens when I turn it on, so I'm assuming I'm using the wrong connection point. The instructions suggest plugging into the AC connection on the game itself, but obviously that won't work with the cord I have. Wondering how folks are making these things work?!

Quoted from atg1469:

For those of you that have installed the flaming frames kit, where did you plug the power cord into? My kit came with a cord that looks like it'd plug into the dollar bill connection but nothing happens when I turn it on, so I'm assuming I'm using the wrong connection point. The instructions suggest plugging into the AC connection on the game itself, but obviously that won't work with the cord I have. Wondering how folks are making these things work?!

Likely here. This is where my speaker light kit from Dug went on my IMDN

20220308_184611 (resized).jpg20220308_184611 (resized).jpg
#1398 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Its one I've been making/painting. Has a closer body and texture to Yeti's art.
On that note, got photos of mecha figure in a Pro yesterday. Glad the sizing worked out with the platform spacing and the arm in relation to the wireform. Removed his lower back fin and it hugs the flasher behind him just right. Put size comparison shots of the toy he was using.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Look's like the Tdiddy's Signature Line Building for the Pro in there? Looks great! Mine should be here this week. Won't have my pin til July tho

#1403 2 years ago

My 1st mod showed up today. Thanks TDiddy, looks awesome. Now I just need my Pro to arrive to install it

20220420_152310 (resized).jpg20220420_152310 (resized).jpg20220420_152327 (resized).jpg20220420_152327 (resized).jpg20220420_152659 (resized).jpg20220420_152659 (resized).jpg

#1420 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Here are some didy mod pics and others I took whenI installed a few weeks ago.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Was the Signature Building fairly easy to install? I got mine last week, but won't see my pin til July

1 week later
#1495 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

A little Interactive Mod[quoted image]

That looks pretty dam cool! How'd you make it?

2 weeks later
#1658 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Nice surprise last week. Recieved my Flaming Speaker Kit & installed on Saturday. It haven’t seen in person, believe me it’s worth the long wait. Great design & great installation instructions.
IMO it’s the 2nd best mod you can buy for this game, only behind my Atomic Breath Godzilla mod (shameless plug)
[quoted image]

Who makes that Atomic breath Godzilla? And does it light up and also interactive?

#1662 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I make it Yes the mouth lights up & well as the breath, and it is plug & play with the spinner flasher wiring making the lighting interactive with the game. It is all hand crafted & custom made by myself from silicone molds & urethane resins.
All info can be found here....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-poakymods-
https://poakymods.com/

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I make it Yes the mouth lights up & well as the breath, and it is plug & play with the spinner flasher wiring making the lighting interactive with the game. It is all hand crafted & custom made by myself from silicone molds & urethane resins.
All info can be found here....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-poakymods-
https://poakymods.com/

Outstanding job on this. Looks absolutely great!

#1686 1 year ago

Haven't got my PRO yet, and a i'm not sure how much clearance i need for my Godzilla figure. This guy is about 7" Too tall?

Godzilla (resized).jpgGodzilla (resized).jpg

#1693 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I think there is a version of the train on thingiverse that toyotaboy put there. Feel free to use it and make your own. Care to share what figure you are using?

I may have jumped the gun, the Godzilla I am using, which is the bank version, is a little snug. It will work on the pro, but he may be too close to the building and bridge for the prem/le. Anyone have any suggestions for a smaller GZ? Also, I think we are open to selling just the lit trains and the interactive wiring if people want to add it to their own GZ.

7” is too tall, 6-3/8 max I think is what you need.

I'd be interested in just the train and wiring if available.

#1703 1 year ago
Quoted from youdontknowme:

i'm cheap. made my own UFO. i like it. but i'm warped...
also powdercoated armor and ramps and coin box lid (the color matches Ghidorah on the premium's artwork), some lit japanese planes, and some lit japanese light poles...etc. oh, ya...sized out, added touches to a couple of translites i had printed up as well.
i will say one thing. the mounting of car audio 4" speakers SUCK in this machine. the power supply is in the way. not sure how they get away with those Kenwoods in the limiteds...will have to look at the rush limited tomorrow that's in our shop. i had to remove the tweeter from the right speaker. still sounds great, though.
the speaker setup in the menu is very well done by stern.

LOVE the Qbert! Great game

4 weeks later
#1933 1 year ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Just hang tight. Many of us are still waiting for Doug to custom build the orders. See pic for what Doug states. It is a great product, so we are waiting, patiently.
[quoted image]

Yeah all, hang tight. Seems every page in this thread has a post about WHY are these taking so long etc...

#1985 1 year ago
Quoted from skooter710:

Jan 16th order still nada. Great MOD but ............................................................................. not to loud
Skooter

ENOUGH already about Doug's speaker light kits. Jeesh. There is MORE to this thread than those. There awesome don't get me wrong, mine will be here in days.. Just my last .02

#2010 1 year ago
Quoted from skooter710:

What do you mean enough? The question was asked and I said still haven't got them.
We are aloud to talk about this BTW. So ...... yeah. Just said i didn't get mine yet been 6 months that's just the facts.
Didn't say Doug was a bad guy or his products suck nothing like that. So you are the one that needs to relax on it..
just my .02 cents then.
Scott

We can talk about the speaker light kits, just not complain on the wait time, that's what I meant to say.

1 week later
#2178 1 year ago

The one I bought for my Pro is JUST about 7". Figure he's a tad tall, but I love the figure so I'll likely have to trim his legs down a tad I think to make him fit. Won't know til my Pro arrives, but it should be within 2 weeks. Cannot wait...

20220609_171821 (resized).jpg20220609_171821 (resized).jpg
#2182 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

This is the good thing about the NECA figures. They're action figures with many points of articulation. So you can lean them and move their arms/legs/tail/head to fit and look just right. Both the 1956 and 1964 are great choices depending on what look you like.

Yeah mine i can move his legs, arms and tail, so MAYBE I won't have to trim him??

#2184 1 year ago
Quoted from Mookie:

That GZ looks cool
Send pic when you get it all set up if possible ..
This is the one I want to install ..maybe I tilt it down ..
[quoted image]

We'll do. Hopefully soon, real soon

1 week later
#2268 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:This seems to be a 50/50 subject, some want it and some don't. I have no problem offering it either way. It's really not a big deal to me

Be really cool IF you could do custom names on the sign per the customer's request

#2270 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

That's alot to ask lol

Oh, yes it is. But IF. Love my building mod you made by the way..

#2330 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Bohdi - May I ask which figure this is, and/or a product link, if you have one?

I STILL don't know how to add a link, but there are still some of these figures on Ebay I believe. It's a 2007 Toho Co. Bandai 7" Classic Godzilla Kaiju Action Figure 1986 Movie

1 week later
#2437 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

New Stern Factory Mod
[quoted image]

Christ, really? Hope mine does come with a factory mod like that.

1 week later
#2526 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

We finally got our custom Mechagodzilla mod for the Pro machines finished
https://www.pinballlife.com/mechagodzilla-figure-for-stern-godzilla-pro.html[quoted image]

Looks great Terry. Seeing his tail and legs underneath the playfield dangling is TOO funny.

#2545 1 year ago
Quoted from lockeness:

I have the Tdiddy tesla’s but either was not provided install instructions or lost them as I received the mod several months ago and the machine just last week. Where do I go to learn how to install these?

TDiddy's YouTube page. Can't post a link

1 week later
#2614 1 year ago
Quoted from HC2016:

I purchased a 6” Godzilla figure from Ebay and I’m not diggin the look , so I’m selling it . Message me if interested

Might want to post a pic of it

#2625 1 year ago

Ok, finally got TDiddy's signature building in to go with his bridge. All went fine, except it seems tho it just doesn't sit perfectly level. It's fairly close but. And when the ball comes out of the building on the right side, the wireform is sticking up a tad so the ball kind of "hops" then of course down to the left flipper. Not horrible. Just can't remember how the stock building was in relation to the wireform. I'll file it down if need be but. Just curious what TDiddy's signature building owners think? Here are some pics

20220831_165200 (resized).jpg20220831_165200 (resized).jpg20220831_165225 (resized).jpg20220831_165225 (resized).jpg20220831_165249 (resized).jpg20220831_165249 (resized).jpg20220831_165303 (resized).jpg20220831_165303 (resized).jpg20220831_170520 (resized).jpg20220831_170520 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2719 1 year ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

This is how I did it. Printed images from google to the size I wanted and cut out the paper silhouette. Taped to black plastic cover from a filing folder I had laying around. Used a yellow sharpie to outline monsters in the plastic. Took my time to cut the plastic out. When installing the light kits I put the buildings behind the foam to give them a more burned out look, but I put the kaijus in front of the foam to give them a sharper look.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do you remember what size that GZ silhouette is? I've got some images printed but not sure what size I want to go with

#2817 1 year ago

Holy shit, is this EVER going to end?

#2827 1 year ago

FINALLY got Doug's Speaker light installation over the weekend. Had them for months, but.didn't get my Pro til last month. Dam there awesome in person. Thanks again Doug

20220926_142904 (resized).jpg20220926_142904 (resized).jpg
#2844 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

(Thx for sharing that link Jedi_Gill, cheers!)
Let me start by saying that I can't imagine anybody else would actually like placing the mod where I did, but it works for me.
[quoted image]
I'm at work right now, but if memory serves, it was a single molex connector that goes through the playfield at whatever passthrough you find most convenient to your placement.
If it helps, I kind of recall that somebody else here had their sparky mod installed over the center spinner (but I already had a mod there). That seems like a pretty good option...

Who makes this mod, and price?

#2882 1 year ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I shortened and relocated a tower a while back.
[quoted image]

Where'd you get that freeway sign above the right ramp? I like it

2 weeks later
#3009 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

What’s the next best saucer mod behind sleal’s, considering he is out of the game for several months at least? I’d like to find something comparable, the white plastic route. Any others?

Out of the game for several months? What'd I miss?

4 weeks later
#3193 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

AH HAH! The original rooftop party was by wtatumjr : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/89#post-6649119
And I stand corrected: he recommends HO scale figures, not N scale. (You can see the difference. My cows are HO-scale, my townsfolk are N scale. That was NOT deliberate.)

Found these on Ebay. Like to see someone put these in the game. Thought they were pretty funny. Be a heluva rooftop party

#3208 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Finally got my Mezel Mod scoop sign in and used hoby1 ’s angled STL to mount it (instead of using the factory sign).
It worked perfectly and I’ll admit this sign really looks great (I wasn’t a fan initially, but in person it’s cool!)… Anyone with the Mezel sign that isn’t happy with the brightness or wants to try the angled mount I really recommend printing one up or getting it printed.
Thanks again hoby1

Pic?

4 weeks later
#3437 1 year ago
Quoted from math08:

Not getting my premium for a couple of months, but just pulled out this Toho Godzilla that I purchased for my son in 1985. What to you all think, a good replacement for the stock one?

Anything is better than the stock figure in the Premium. I think it looks good

3 weeks later
#3515 1 year ago

Question, I'm installing PBL's Britebutton lighted flipper buttons. It says to plug them in at the Ticket header connection on the top left of the coin door interface node board. Well, that's where the plug for Stumblor's neon sign is connected from the board to the right, see pic 2 and 3. So I'm assuming I can plug these in to the board to the right in the Out 2 plug? Pic 1. If so, which way would the plug go in? Pic 4 or 5?

20230106_112954 (resized).jpg20230106_112954 (resized).jpg20230106_113033 (resized).jpg20230106_113033 (resized).jpg20230106_130428 (resized).jpg20230106_130428 (resized).jpg20230106_130506 (resized).jpg20230106_130506 (resized).jpg20230106_130524 (resized).jpg20230106_130524 (resized).jpg

#3519 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

If I remember right Stumblor sells a splitter board that will connect there and offers multiple places for extras.

I got the splitter from him. The neon plugs into the right board, then the "splitter" runs form that board to the coin door interface board as shown in my pics. Maybe I'm missing something or just being dumb per usual. I'll look again when I get home

#3527 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Britebuttons will plug direct into the splitter board. That mod was one of the reasons we made the splitter available. The plug would be inserted in the direction you have it in the pic.
Incidentally, we've also just completed dev on the Splitter+ which generates its own 5a 12v supply so isn't reliant on the node board 12v anymore. We'll make it orderable as part of all future mods.

Thanks Davey. So I can use the Out 2 plug on that board, and in which direction do I plug it in or which pic you referring to?

#3533 1 year ago
Quoted from frenchman:

Bohdi if you look at my photo just above.
You will see brite buttons connected to out1 for example
Neon tokyo sign connected to out2

Gotcha. Just as I thought, that works. Thanks

#3544 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

It seems these little F86 jets are a popular mod. I added some myself after I painted them up to match the planes on the sideart. A nice, cheap little mod.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look good. I went with a couple of these

20230112_165343 (resized).jpg20230112_165343 (resized).jpg20230112_165441 (resized).jpg20230112_165441 (resized).jpg
#3551 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

How do you like that sign? (The one above the scoop.) It's a steep price. I've been looking at it. I'd really like to hear how you feel about it.

I love it. Yeah, the price is a bit high I guess, but IMHO, i really don't think it is for all the work that was put into it, and it's beautiful. I can't imagine not having it now that I have one. For as many as Davey has sold already, I'm guessing the price isn't deterring to many GZ owners. Mods these days aren't cheap, neither are pins, so i'd say get on the waitlist

#3555 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Would you mind posting a couple of better pics of yours?

Just look for the thread titled Godzilla "Tokyo Neon" sign mod. I'm terrible at adding links to threads

#3579 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I checked the key posts - there's none.
IS there a concensus on the best "bang for your buck" Xillien ship pop bumper replacement?
There's been a few made, i've searched a few sites. Can't seem to pick, but if there's a compiled list on a post i'd love to see it.?
Thanks aLL!

I went with this one. From taylor34 (Gameroon info) Bad pic tho. Looks much better from a better angle, and with other colors
20230106_221444 (resized).jpg20230106_221444 (resized).jpg

#3593 1 year ago

Got all the mods on my Pro that I have so far. Just thought I'd share some pics. TDIDDYS signature building mod and bridge. Godzilla figure. Doug's Flamin Frames. Stumblor's Neon. Pop bumper UFO from @TAYLOR34. Mechagodzilla figure and lighted flipper buttons from PBL. Couple jets and tank. A "topper" from the wife for Xmas. And a nice Xilien figure. I think it looks sooooo much better than it did new out of the box.

20230118_155627 (resized).jpg20230118_155627 (resized).jpg20230118_155651 (resized).jpg20230118_155651 (resized).jpg20230118_155713 (resized).jpg20230118_155713 (resized).jpg20230118_155729 (resized).jpg20230118_155729 (resized).jpg20230118_155754 (resized).jpg20230118_155754 (resized).jpg20230118_155806 (resized).jpg20230118_155806 (resized).jpg20230118_155820 (resized).jpg20230118_155820 (resized).jpg20230118_155851 (resized).jpg20230118_155851 (resized).jpg20230118_155959 (resized).jpg20230118_155959 (resized).jpg

#3595 1 year ago

Dam, me bad. Been a long week I guess. Love it tho

2 months later
#3980 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

While at a pinball show....I finally got time. CoinTaker on the left (currently $159) and SpeakerLightKits on the right ($123 as shown with the plastic canvas).

Yes, that is their actual Destruction light kit that has sold from $114.95 - $169.95 and it is setup with their recommended settings. You may want to make sure the YouTube quality setting are set to HD to see it in all of it craptasticness.
Stange thing, since I last posted on this, they changed the price of "their" Deluxe kit (I guess copying the light kit design wasn't good enough...they had to copy the name also) from $89.95 to a whopping $119.95. Mine continue to sell for $85. The good news was they had a "Show Special" price at the show where they were selling their $119.95 Deluxe light kit for $129! What a bargain!!! Come to the show and get a special price that is $9.05 HIGHER than their already outrageously overpriced website prices.
I'm not really sure who they are trying to fool, but...don't get taken.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Wow, quite the difference indeed. Those Flamin' Frames with the city acrylics are my favorite mod on my GZ. And I have a fair share of mods on mine, including Davey's Neon sign, which is also just awesome

1 month later
#4253 11 months ago

Maybe I missed it, but what is the price on that maser cannon @strummy?

3 months later
#4774 7 months ago
Quoted from math08:

Those look sharp! Funny, I go on there website and the Fire PinBlades for GZ is the picture of the PowerBladez.

1 month later
#4877 6 months ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I've been out of the loop for a while because of the real life busys. Looking forward to getting my hands-on that mazer cannon. I added this last night, it's AOP's. button surround with my own paint embellishments.
Diddy's Drake building is next..
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice! Like the apron too. Where did you get that?

1 month later
#4940 5 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

Stuff small hand towel or sock in the hole/ shooter lane stops balls from falling out !

That's EXACTLY what I do!

5 months later
#5249 5 days ago
Quoted from EspoPinball:

Just added voodoo glass and OMG this stuff is nuts! It literally looks like there is nothing there. It’s insane just added one to Elvira also.

Who sells it again?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bohdi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread?tu=Bohdi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.