20240316_201708 (resized).jpg
IMG_3104 (resized).jpeg
20240303_090153 (resized).jpg
IMG_8413 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).png
20240225_002120 (resized).jpg
20240225_002105 (resized).jpg
20240225_002034 (resized).jpg

There are 5,200 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 104.
#4301 9 months ago

If I had to get a topper that was available now commercially , I think tilts offering is the best for the money.

#4302 9 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

Sorry I prefer the stern topper .
This looks more like it would fit toy story or dialed in. Just looks out of place to me.

I agree too busy hard to tell wtf is going on...

#4303 9 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

[quoted image]

Sorry, not for me. I much prefer the Stern topper.

#4304 9 months ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

No, the one pictured in game is a heavily modified version of dpannell animated Godzilla. The only version he was able to find that worked for his vision of movement was a millennia era of Godzilla. The piece is impressive, I love the movement and the light show but the extra long dorsal spikes and the muted gray and purple color scheme just didn't work for me. I cleaned up the sculpt and did a full repaint and was very pleased with the results.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I also have the @dparnell Godzilla mod. It's yet another awesome must have mod for me. It's so cool how it moves up and down with its legs and the head moves side to side, blasting everything in its path with the LED heat ray in its mouth. Love it and couldn't recommend it higher.

Only thing I did to mine was paint its purple splines blue and whitened its tips.

#4305 9 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

This looks more like it would fit toy story or dialed in. Just looks out of place to me.

Appreciate the feedback.

Why those two games?

It’s a recreation of the center of the Godzilla playfield and tracks the progress of one of the most critical scoring elements of the game.

#4306 9 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

Appreciate the feedback.
Why those two games?
It’s a recreation of the center of the Godzilla playfield and tracks the progress of one of the most critical scoring elements of the game.

I realize you guys put a lot of time and effort into this. I’m sure interacts well but the look of it is just nothing like the Godzilla game. I picture woody and buzz riding it like a merry go round.

#4307 9 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

I realize you guys put a lot of time and effort into this. I’m sure interacts well but the look of it is just nothing like the Godzilla game. I picture woody and buzz riding it like a merry go round.

We did put a lot of effort into it, and it comes from a place of personal opinion, which I appreciate that not everyone is going to like.

For us (Alec and I) we both have gone very deep on this game too many times to count. In fact last night we were playing and he had a 45 min ball one. Ouch, the gals were not happy.

The inspiration for this topper comes from a few key places. First and foremost; track progress on destruction; which is the point of this game. Destruction is centered around the monster monitors so this was obvious. It's a super cool element that is depicted in 3D in a few key places and it reminded us of a holodeck or a snow globe. Take your pick.

So what we've built - which is still pretty early - is the idea of the alien console as a holodeck of the world of destruction that you control. Destroy the tanks, fight the battle, destroy the bridges, destroy the towers. It's all within this world of each city and the topper tracks that.

Beyond that, it's really about what type of artistic crown do you want on your #1 machine of all time. (Foo be damned).

Do you want super literal? Lots of those options, we built that, and plenty of those options out there.

Do you want a factory option to go with your LE + a mode to make 60 min ball ones? We are not interested in that.

Or do you want something that has an opinion and was built from a player's perspective?

That's what we are working on. It's an alpha, we can change anything we want still and we've taken $0. We launched it earlier than we intended, but we are happy with that decision.

Every piece of feedback is considered. Included TS4 comparisons. (ouch). Thanks for weighing in and let the discussion continue. Please post any and all thoughts here or on our topper thread at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-electric-playground-gz-topper-batch-1-sept-23.

More deep thoughts to come.

#4308 9 months ago

I don't own a Godzilla, but my immediate thought was how come it's not a 3-D piece? Flat toppers aren't as exciting in my opinion. It is cool though.

#4309 9 months ago

Here is the composition. Might help folks understand the intent, which I'd argue comes across well in person but less so possibly via video + we are tweaking the layering.

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 10.25.20 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-05-30 at 10.25.20 PM (resized).png
#4310 9 months ago
Quoted from Nintegageo:

I don't own a Godzilla, but my immediate thought was how come it's not a 3-D piece? Flat toppers aren't as exciting in my opinion. It is cool though.

As you will see here, we are working on a 3D piece, the reality is that this drives up the cost a lot, and we wanted to have multiple entry points. This is an add on for all models so you can take it to a more expensive option if you want.

Pinside_forum_7602657_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7602657_0 (resized).jpg

#4311 9 months ago

That's awesome

#4312 9 months ago

Here is Hardys skit video on the GZ topper...

#4313 9 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

It reminds me of the Burger King paper crown

#4314 9 months ago

Sorry for the stupid question, but I want to add lighting to a custom topper. The USB port on the CPU board is already providing 5v to another strip of LEDs. Would there be any potential issues with running additional lights via the backbox utility plug and an AC adapter?

#4316 9 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Sorry for the stupid question, but I want to add lighting to a custom topper. The USB port on the CPU board is already providing 5v to another strip of LEDs. Would there be any potential issues with running additional lights via the backbox utility plug and an AC adapter?

Pinball Life has a splitter board for 12v and a power supply board for 12v and 5v, so depending on which voltage you need, you could go that route.

#4317 9 months ago

First prototype top row of teeth cracked running it again.

IMG_4771 (resized).jpegIMG_4771 (resized).jpeg

IMG_4772 (resized).jpegIMG_4772 (resized).jpeg

IMG_4773 (resized).jpegIMG_4773 (resized).jpeg
#4318 9 months ago

Got my highendmods1 .com mecha shooter rod yesterday. It’s really nice and light years better than the Stern Egg (going to sell that for probably $130 FYI). The mechagodzilla he’s made is just top notch! Sorry if I forgot your name, but you’ll see this. I can’t wait for the Maser Cannon and now I want the O2 destroyer I also have HighVoltage ‘s saucer and stumblor’s neon sign. Lol and mezel’s bezel frame. It’s starting to look good! (And stern topper next week)

37768595-D763-4176-A289-FDA06C4CE35C (resized).png37768595-D763-4176-A289-FDA06C4CE35C (resized).png6B186688-03D9-4AA1-8637-3C22B199ADAA (resized).jpeg6B186688-03D9-4AA1-8637-3C22B199ADAA (resized).jpeg

554870AA-97D9-491A-931B-0CD595B14FFC (resized).png554870AA-97D9-491A-931B-0CD595B14FFC (resized).png
#4319 9 months ago

Just a heads up. I have made a lot of 20 UFO pop bumper mods that are ready to ship. They have been out of stock for a while now. This will likely be the last run of these until at the very least later in the year.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1362-gov-s-mods/05578-godzilla-ufo-pop-bumper-mod
IMG_4192 (resized).jpegIMG_4192 (resized).jpeg

Pinside_shopitem_5578_0 (resized).jpgPinside_shopitem_5578_0 (resized).jpg
#4320 9 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Got my highendmods1 .com mecha shooter rod yesterday. It’s really nice and light years better than the Stern Egg (going to sell that for probably $130 FYI). The mechagodzilla he’s made is just top notch! Sorry if I forgot your name, but you’ll see this. I can’t wait for the Maser Cannon and now I want the O2 destroyer I also have HighVoltage ‘s saucer and stumblor’s neon sign. Lol and mezel’s bezel frame. It’s starting to look good! (And stern topper next week)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice looking ride, I really like that saucer, have you considered clear bodies and skirt for it?

#4321 9 months ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Nice looking ride, I really like that saucer, have you considered clear bodies and skirt for it?

Thanks!
I haven’t thought about that, mostly because it’s hard to see when you are playing; the saucer is a tad larger and flatter..but now that you pointed it out, lol, I’ll look into a clear skirt for it at least . I was going to get the Stumblor saucer to save $, but I think this is the coolest one for my tastes. I’ll be getting the Atomic GZ figure and slowly add little stuff, but not overstock the machine. Invisiglass here in a few days

#4322 9 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Thanks!
I haven’t thought about that, mostly because it’s hard to see when you are playing; the saucer is a tad larger and flatter..but now that you pointed it out, lol, I’ll look into a clear skirt for it at least . I was going to get the Stumblor saucer to save $, but I think this is the coolest one for my tastes. I’ll be getting the Atomic GZ figure and slowly add little stuff, but not overstock the machine. Invisiglass here in a few days

Yeah I actually don't recommend clear body, because you'll have undesired light bleed out of it. The white body will force the light where it's supposed to go. Clear skirt is nice though.

#4323 9 months ago
Quoted from Gov:

I have made a lot of 20 UFO pop bumper mods

I think GOV's UFO mods are the best out of all the options. Why do I like them the best? I like them because of the clouded elevated rays coming from below the ship that incorporate the stock color changing LED. The ray changing colors is choice and I dig it-makes it pop!(get one while you can)

#4324 9 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Yeah I actually don't recommend clear body, because you'll have undesired light bleed out of it. The white body will force the light where it's supposed to go. Clear skirt is nice though.

The amount of light bleed on GZ is negligible, to my eyes. I strongly prefer the all-clear setup, the light glow below the 3D saucer is a very cool look.

#4325 9 months ago

I finally got around to installing some saber Jets. Nice tight formation as they approach Mecca, whole group turns to face Godzilla when the shield is activated.

IMG_20230605_145235112 (resized).jpgIMG_20230605_145235112 (resized).jpgIMG_20230605_145438039 (resized).jpgIMG_20230605_145438039 (resized).jpg
#4326 9 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

Godzilla sales are up!
Reward the customers with an affordable topper!!

Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I finally got around to installing some saber Jets. Nice tight formation as they approach Mecca, whole group turns to face Godzilla when the shield is activated.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I have a feeling one or more of those fighters is going to be in a helluva dog fight if/when the left flipper sends a ball flying!

#4327 9 months ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I have a feeling one or more of those fighters is going to be in a helluva dog fight if/when the left flipper sends a ball flying!

Certainly a possibility, truth be known they are now my first line of defense to protect diddy's towers from damage.

#4328 9 months ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Certainly a possibility, truth be known they are now my first line of defense to protect diddy's towers from damage.

I talked to Ms. Diddy about the past problem of those towers getting hit and broken by a random air ball and she told me they switched to a more durable material for the towers to take care of that problem. So far so good on mine and I can’t imagine not having those towers in my GZ pro. Such a great mod by a great team.

#4329 9 months ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I talked to Ms. Diddy about the past problem of those towers getting hit and broken by a random air ball and she told me they switched to a more durable material for the towers to take care of that problem. So far so good on mine and I can’t imagine not having those towers in my GZ pro. Such a great mod by a great team.

Have my towers since they came out and I have not had any air balls breaking them, just me when I was adding mods lol. They are brittle I will say that.

#4330 9 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Have my towers since they came out and I have not had any air balls breaking them, just me when I was adding mods lol. They are brittle I will say that.

just recently put them in, before installing dropped 2 of the 3 on a carpeted floor, maybe 3ft drop, the blue tops broke off, had to take a deep breath, but easily fixed with super glue, no problem since, other than alignment, after a ball wouldn't get by, I don't need it to be symmetrical, so main is facing, left just slightly turned and right is sideways, giving the feel that power is branching from that spot.....just got his Naegele building to put in, looks great.

#4331 9 months ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I saw a post of his on Facebook where he was giving one of the new designs the bend test. Very impressive. I have a set from his first release so it's the very thin sculpt and the brittle print. I've had a few issues with breakage but honestly don't mind fixing them. Such a great mod I would never part with mine either.

#4332 9 months ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Mine made it about 1000 games before taking an airball that snapped it in half (the newer design). took 5 seconds to glue it back on. No big deal and to be expected when you put something like that in your pinball machine.

#4333 9 months ago

I will be printing some random toys /testsla when I get my new printer on Amazon prime day (approximately July 11-13

#4334 9 months ago

Getting antsy for my pro delivery in this next run. I know this gets asked a lot and is heavily opinion.

Are there any MUST HAVE mods for GZ pro? I'm less interested in visual and more interested in long term protection/ease of maintenance. Mylar on any spots? Cliffys etc. This is my first nib so looking forward to making it mu own.

#4335 9 months ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

Getting antsy for my pro delivery in this next run. I know this gets asked a lot and is heavily opinion.
Are there any MUST HAVE mods for GZ pro? I'm less interested in visual and more interested in long term protection/ease of maintenance. Mylar on any spots? Cliffys etc. This is my first nib so looking forward to making it mu own.

plastic protectors, titan rubbers, external volume control, Shaker, Godzilla/Mechagodzilla upgraded toys & Drake building. Mylar on shooter you can order a cliffy might be a 4-6 month wait.

#4336 9 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

plastic protectors, titan rubbers, external volume control, Shaker, Godzilla/Mechagodzilla upgraded toys & Drake building. Mylar on shooter you can order a cliffy might be a 4-6 month wait.

Shaker and Art blades are out for delivery today ! I was thinking mylar on the shooter as well.

You went full titan /replaced everything ?

#4337 9 months ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

Shaker and Art blades are out for delivery today ! I was thinking mylar on the shooter as well.
You went full titan /replaced everything ?

I replaced everything because I like the extra color & I feel the black ones leave a residue trails.

#4338 9 months ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

I've had my premium for almost a year now and have thrown an awful lot of mods at it, mostly cosmetic but some stuff under the hood as well. The pro is a great canvas, there's a lot of real estate to make this your own. I would consider cooling fans for the flippers, this is Godzilla so you know there's going to be some long play times. The one thing I did add that made the most significant difference in my gameplay were precision flips. My shot consistency and scores probably Rose 40% after installing. Tilt graphics or maybe through pbl offers a plastic shooter lane protector that is always available and inexpensive.

#4340 9 months ago

OT but what are the two or 3 most common nut sizes on the playfield again? Going to the store to get some cheap but essential nut drivers. Thanks in advance...

#4341 9 months ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

I know you stated you weren’t interested the visual appeal, but I have to throw this out there.

I just traded my DP Pro for a GZ Pro and although I liked DP, I absolutely LOVE my GZ. I bought all kinds of mods for it and after consideration I have to suggest 2 mods for you. This was a tough one because I bought around 18 mods for the pin and I’m extremely happy with all of them, but these 2 really set the pin over the top. And the winners are……

I would consider buying the lighted Drake building from Mezel Mods and the lighted electrical towers from TDiddy mods.

The Mezel drake building’s color makes it stand out more, but the lighting really brightens up the middle of the playfield and makes the building stand out even more. The TDiddy Tesla Tower mod really fills up the right side of the playfield and lights up nicely and makes the whole area look less barren. If you have the extra coin then go ahead and get the Naegle Building from TDiddy as well. Pricey, yes, but it is so well made. I wanted to make my pin look like a city that GZ would be proud to romp thru and destroy.

I know the atomic Godzilla will look awesome in the pin as well, but I couldn’t list it yet because I’m still waiting for my order to be completed. However, I know the Atomic GZ will really fill out the left side of the playfield. Every time I think I got everything I want in this pin, I come across another mod I want to put on it. (I’m looking at you Mr Shaker Motor).

This is one of the pins I feel is such a blast to mod. Sometime I go down to the game room and turn on my GZ Pro just to look at it while admiring the art, light show and the mods that put it over the top.

Great choice in getting GZ BTW. Hope this helps.

#4342 9 months ago
Quoted from lakerone:

just recently put them in, before installing dropped 2 of the 3 on a carpeted floor, maybe 3ft drop, the blue tops broke off, had to take a deep breath, but easily fixed with super glue, no problem since, other than alignment, after a ball wouldn't get by, I don't need it to be symmetrical, so main is facing, left just slightly turned and right is sideways, giving the feel that power is branching from that spot.....just got his Naegele building to put in, looks great.

I picked up the Naegele building and it looks great. In pics it looked a bit too big for my taste, but found a deal on a used one and picked it up. Very happy with it. I added Hedorah behind MechaGodzilla but don’t have a pic with him in. By far this is the most modded pin I have ever owned.

IMG_6004 (resized).jpegIMG_6004 (resized).jpeg

#4343 9 months ago

I picked up the Naegele building and it looks great. In pics it looked a bit too big for my taste, but found a deal on a used one and picked it up. Very happy with it. I added Hedorah behind MechaGodzilla but don’t have a pic with him in. By far this is the most modded pin I have ever owned.
[quoted image]

I have seen your pic before, you do have a lot in there, I only have 6 in so far, another 6-7 more coming hopefully soon.....by then hopefully also have the dirty word..."T----R", next up get my hands on a Mando, another unpopular choice but I really want it, start the modding process on that...it never ends

#4344 9 months ago

[quoted image]

This is outstanding. Just outstanding.

I thought *I* had a lot of figures, but you're inspiring me to move ahead with my thoughts of putting a flying Gigan near the pop when it's released this November...

Hmm...

#4345 9 months ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

This is outstanding. Just outstanding.
I thought *I* had a lot of figures, but you're inspiring me to move ahead with my thoughts of putting a flying Gigan near the pop when it's released this November...
Hmm...

Glad to help lol. Whose releasing Gigan? I think I can possibly squeeze in one more. Lol
And thank you for the nice compliment, I appreciate it.

#4346 9 months ago

[quoted image]

Excellent modding my fine sir. I have to ask though. Where did you get that bigger MechaGodzilla? When I traded for my used GP Pro it already had a mecha in it, but it's really small and I always liked the bigger version as seen in the premiums and LEs. Is your figure that one by chance?

#4347 9 months ago

Glad to help lol. Whose releasing Gigan? I think I can possibly squeeze in one more. Lol
And thank you for the nice compliment, I appreciate it.

SH MonsterArts ("Godzilla vs Gigan 1972"), at a significant $120. Might be a bit expensive for me to follow through though.

bas649164-sh-monsterarts-gigan-1972_08_1 (resized).jpegbas649164-sh-monsterarts-gigan-1972_08_1 (resized).jpeg

Otherwise I think Super7 has a similarly sized Gigan for a fraction of the price...

#4348 9 months ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

Quoted from Indypin:

I know you stated you weren’t interested the visual appeal, but I have to throw this out there.
I just traded my DP Pro for a GZ Pro and although I liked DP, I absolutely LOVE my GZ. I bought all kinds of mods for it and after consideration I have to suggest 2 mods for you. This was a tough one because I bought around 18 mods for the pin and I’m extremely happy with all of them, but these 2 really set the pin over the top. And the winners are……
I would consider buying the lighted Drake building from Mezel Mods and the lighted electrical towers from TDiddy mods.
The Mezel drake building’s color makes it stand out more, but the lighting really brightens up the middle of the playfield and makes the building stand out even more. The TDiddy Tesla Tower mod really fills up the right side of the playfield and lights up nicely and makes the whole area look less barren. If you have the extra coin then go ahead and get the Naegle Building from TDiddy as well. Pricey, yes, but it is so well made. I wanted to make my pin look like a city that GZ would be proud to romp thru and destroy.
I know the atomic Godzilla will look awesome in the pin as well, but I couldn’t list it yet because I’m still waiting for my order to be completed. However, I know the Atomic GZ will really fill out the left side of the playfield. Every time I think I got everything I want in this pin, I come across another mod I want to put on it. (I’m looking at you Mr Shaker Motor).
This is one of the pins I feel is such a blast to mod. Sometime I go down to the game room and turn on my GZ Pro just to look at it while admiring the art, light show and the mods that put it over the top.
Great choice in getting GZ BTW. Hope this helps.

Guys, the shaker is SUCH a part of the Godzilla experience. The integration is excellent and the machine shaking when Godzilla or the monsters attack really takes the experience to the next level. Audio upgrade stuff is huge as well, the change to a good setup with an amp like a Pinwoofer or DIY variation is just awesome.

To me, the shaker, upgraded audio and low-glare glass are top of the list for a non-LE.

#4349 9 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Guys, the shaker is SUCH a part of the Godzilla experience. The integration is excellent and the machine shaking when Godzilla or the monsters attack really takes the experience to the next level. Audio upgrade stuff is huge as well, the change to a good setup with an amp like a Pinwoofer or DIY variation is just awesome.
To me, the shaker, upgraded audio and low-glare glass are top of the list for a non-LE.

Shaker was a no brainer. All of the routed machines I've played had it and it's such cool immersion aspect of the game.

#4350 9 months ago

The video makes the Stern topper look better than the pics, still feels a like a lazy mailed in effort on Stern's part. It could have and should have been a lot better.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plattsburgh, NY
$ 120.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS
(Alt) Translites
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,200 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 104.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.