IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg
There are 5,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 105.
#4251 11 months ago

I'd like a maser cannon as well please! Incredible work!!!

#4252 11 months ago
Quoted from Strummy:

This should give you a better idea. We didn't want it to be overbearing.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Please add me to the list, nicely done

#4253 11 months ago

Maybe I missed it, but what is the price on that maser cannon @strummy?

#4254 11 months ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Maybe I missed it, but what is the price on that maser cannon Strummy?

The Iron is HOT strummy !
Fire up that cannon!!!!

#4255 11 months ago

Strummy is going to be busy! Please don’t send me one it’s too cool.

#4256 11 months ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Maybe I missed it, but what is the price on that maser cannon Strummy?

No price set yet. Soon though! Thanks for everyone's interest!

#4257 11 months ago

Hi Strummy I will order a cannon and an oxygen destroyer, what will be the easiest way to proceed? Through your shop ?
Ever thought of redoing the metal Godzilla in true metal instead of plastic? (maybe a bad idea with the magnet)

#4258 10 months ago

Strummy I just bought your shooter rod, and put me on the list for the maser cannon as well!

#4259 10 months ago

New glass cover for your Godzilla. Available in my store, protect your game and add to its beauty when not being played. Thanks for looking.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1505-duke-pinball/08612-godzilla-glass-cover-

22B5C4A0-C6F2-4169-A9AC-1E63030C0A6A (resized).jpeg22B5C4A0-C6F2-4169-A9AC-1E63030C0A6A (resized).jpeg
#4260 10 months ago
Quoted from Freeplay69:

New glass cover for your Godzilla. Available in my store, protect your game and add to its beauty when not being played. Thanks for looking.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1505-duke-pinball/08612-godzilla-glass-cover-
[quoted image]

What’s the material?

#4261 10 months ago
Quoted from Marangsanz:

What’s the material?

i think his store states "canvas"... i think id like something like pinshield with this on it?

#4262 10 months ago

Two Maser Cannons please @strummy. My son and I both have Godzilla LEs

#4263 10 months ago

Just listed wizard mod's magnetic speaker panel:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/157864

Thanks for looking!

#4264 10 months ago
Quoted from etien:

Hi Strummy I will order a cannon and an oxygen destroyer, what will be the easiest way to proceed? Through your shop ?
Ever thought of redoing the metal Godzilla in true metal instead of plastic? (maybe a bad idea with the magnet)

We haven't officially launched the Maser yet but you are correct. Through our shop will be best. Since you are in France, ordering together will save you some money on shipping.

#4265 10 months ago

Please add us to the Maser list

#4266 10 months ago

I created a separate thread for the Maser. Thanks for everyone's support!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maser-canon-high-end-mods#post-7596565

Maser_160 (resized).jpgMaser_160 (resized).jpg
#4267 10 months ago
Quoted from IODMako:

Got a topper for Godzilla made for me. Turned out pretty amazing! Reasonable priced too.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/Signageman?ref=profile_header[quoted image]

Hey question for you about this topper...

I saw on the listing that the on/off switch is a soft button and not a hard switch. Do you have to manually turn this topper on every time you turn the machine on? Or does it remember the on/off state even after you turn the machine off, and the topper will then power on/off with the machine?

#4268 10 months ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Hey question for you about this topper...
I saw on the listing that the on/off switch is a soft button and not a hard switch. Do you have to manually turn this topper on every time you turn the machine on? Or does it remember the on/off state even after you turn the machine off, and the topper will then power on/off with the machine?

Hi, look at the pictures, you can see that the switch is a extension and you can only use the usb cable alone, plug it at the cpu board usb and power on/off with the machine

#4269 10 months ago
Quoted from Fredouil:

Hi, look at the pictures, you can see that the switch is a extension and you can only use the usb cable alone, plug it at the cpu board usb and power on/off with the machine

Ah yeah I see. Okay cool thanks.

#4270 10 months ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Ah yeah I see. Okay cool thanks.

You’re welcome

#4271 10 months ago

Official GZ Stern Topper will be available this Tuesday, according to Knapp Arcade News (3 hours ago). Get in line, lol. 1K MSRP. I hope some pics get leaked so I don't have to literally blind-buy.

#4272 10 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Official GZ Stern Topper will be available this Tuesday, according to Knapp Arcade News (3 hours ago). Get in line, lol. 1K MSRP. I hope some pics get leaked so I don't have to literally blind-buy.

Definitely less than I expected

#4273 10 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Definitely less than I expected

I am assuming at this price it will not be tied into game play like the Mandalorian topper.

#4274 10 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Seems like if you weren't already on a list you are gonna have a hard time getting one. Took me 8 emails/calls to find one today.

#4275 10 months ago

For $1k I assume we're looking at something similar to the GOTG or JP toppers.

#4276 10 months ago

Godzilla sales are up!
Reward the customers with an affordable topper!!

#4277 10 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

Godzilla sales are up!
Reward the customers with an affordable topper!!

We’ll have something to share on Monday that we think everyone will enjoy! Happy holiday weekend folks!

#4278 10 months ago
Quoted from teppinball:

We’ll have something to share on Monday that we think everyone will enjoy! Happy holiday weekend folks!

Beating stern to the punch by a day! Brutal!

Don't worry about rushing it if it's not ready. You're not really gonna loose sales waiting some weeks. Stern had already sold out of their first run.

#4279 10 months ago

Hi everybody,

I propose two figurines now with NECA godzilla figurine

You can choose 2001 or 1956

Each figurine comes with two small jet fighters built in resin and handed painted.
And of course a specific plate for standing the figurine.

Blue : https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/08591-blue-godzilla-figurine-neca-2001

Green : https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/08288-godzilla-figurine-neca-1956

Have a nice day.
Lionel (from Pino Pinball Mods)

IMG_1389 (resized).jpegIMG_1389 (resized).jpegIMG_1415 (resized).jpegIMG_1415 (resized).jpegIMG_2460 (resized).jpegIMG_2460 (resized).jpegIMG_2509 (resized).jpegIMG_2509 (resized).jpeg
#4280 10 months ago
Quoted from pinopinballmods:

Hi everybody,
I propose two figurines now with NECA godzilla figurine
You can choose 2001 or 1956
Each figurine comes with two small jet fighters built in resin and handed painted.
And of course a specific plate for standing the figurine.
Blue : https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/08591-blue-godzilla-figurine-neca-2001
Green : https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/08288-godzilla-figurine-neca-1956
Have a nice day.
Lionel (from Pino Pinball Mods)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man the way you've worded that shop item it really sounds like you are doing a lot. You even make it sound like the atomic breath is something you've added yourself.

Have you considered changing it to "here are two tiny jets for sale, for you to stick on your Godzilla figure or do whatever with" you might reach a wider audience as many people at this point probably already have replaced their figure, or could easily source their own.. save on shipping costs, reduce your own hassle, etc.

#4281 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Man the way you've worded that shop item it really sounds like you are doing a lot. You even make it sound like the atomic breath is something you've added yourself.
Have you considered changing it to "here are two tiny jets for sale, for you to stick on your Godzilla figure or do whatever with" you might reach a wider audience as many people at this point probably already have replaced their figure, or could easily source their own.. save on shipping costs, reduce your own hassle, etc.

Yeah I kinda agree. It's misleading.

The product is really two little toy jets.

#4282 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I bought the 1956 figure from Pino.

I have two issues with the mod. Both of which have been resolved but it's worth noting:

The planes are a bit brittle and aren't exactly plug and play. I glued them to Godzilla myself and it seems to be holding but it's not like it's infinitely posable without a little work.

On MY table (but most likely MOST tables) the tail won't fit. There is a hole along the left side rail where it's obviously supposed to go through and stick out the back (kind of like the right ramp return loop) but it prangs against a piece of wood on the back of the cabinet (hard to describe) and slightly elevates the left side of the playfield. Since I took pains to level it properly this is not desirable. I ended up cutting the tip off with a hacksaw.

Ultimately I've gone through a few Godzilla figures and this is by far my favorite reasonably priced one despite the issues and the red spines. And I also have Pino's Ghidorah figure that I also like. But in my experience they never fit perfectly like shown in the ad and require some work (I also had to modify Ghidorah). Since the figures are off the shelf they really need to fit better for them to be a major value add. Just being honest with my experience. I don't mean to torpedo a small business. I realize you can't always predict how a mod will interact with every table.

PXL_20230528_143356713 (resized).jpgPXL_20230528_143356713 (resized).jpgPXL_20230528_143401456 (resized).jpgPXL_20230528_143401456 (resized).jpg
#4283 10 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

I bought the 1956 figure from Pino.
I have two issues with the mod. Both of which have been resolved but it's worth noting:
The planes are a bit brittle and aren't exactly plug and play. I glued them to Godzilla myself and it seems to be holding but it's not like it's infinitely posable without a little work.
On MY table (but most likely MOST tables) the tail won't fit. There is a hole along the left side rail where it's obviously supposed to go through and stick out the back (kind of like the right ramp return loop) but it prangs against a piece of wood on the back of the cabinet (hard to describe) and slightly elevates the left side of the playfield. Since I took pains to level it properly this is not desirable. I ended up cutting the tip off with a hacksaw.
Ultimately I've gone through a few Godzilla figures and this is by far my favorite reasonably priced one despite the issues and the red spines. And I also have Pino's Ghidorah figure that I also like. But in my experience they never fit perfectly like shown in the ad and require some work (I also had to modify Ghidorah). Since the figures are off the shelf they really need to fit better for them to be a major value add. Just being honest with my experience. I don't mean to torpedo a small business. I realize you can't always predict how a mod will interact with every table. [quoted image][quoted image]

Well, in this case dozens of people have put this same figure in their machine and many have documented how to fit it in this very thread, so with a little reading (just searching thread for neca), you certainly should know what to expect! It's definitely the best off the shelf option out there. but at this point there are plenty of custom sculpts and were I just starting with my GZ today personally I might pick one of those. And if this guys mod was sold as "two small airplanes". They could work on whatever figure you want!

#4284 10 months ago

FYI, you can take any of the 1956 figures shipped with red back fins and with a little patience and a 79-cent bottle of blue acrylic hobby paint from Michaels, you can paint those quite easily. I used Apple Barrel Cobalt 20596 paint and a small flat head brush. Took me 15 minutes. The paint easily covered the red and is flexible and sticky enough to stay in place without flaking off.

#4285 10 months ago

I think the one thing everyone can agree on is that the stock Godzilla has to go, that thing is hideous. That's said, it comes down to personal choice and price points. Some people want screen accurate, some prefer ones that better represent the artwork on the machine, some could care less as long as it is affordably priced while others price is no object as long as it looks badass. So, to each their own, do some research and find the one that works for you. If it doesn't, circle it and move on and find the one that does. I've had my machine a year now and I'm on my third Godzilla. I had to change and alter it to my liking but couldn't be happier but who knows what the future brings. If a better version was to release tomorrow I probably wouldn't hesitate to jump ship.

IMG_20230306_110950137~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20230306_110950137~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20230314_111241633 (resized).jpgIMG_20230314_111241633 (resized).jpgIMG_20230520_191849366 (resized).jpgIMG_20230520_191849366 (resized).jpg

#4286 10 months ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I think the one thing everyone can agree on is that the stock Godzilla has to go, that thing is hideous. That's said, it comes down to personal choice and price points. Some people want screen accurate, some prefer ones that better represent the artwork on the machine, some could care less as long as it is affordably priced while others price is no object as long as it looks badass. So, to each their own, do some research and find the one that works for you. If it doesn't, circle it and move on and find the one that does. I've had my machine a year now and I'm on my third Godzilla. I had to change and alter it to my liking but couldn't be happier but who knows what the future brings. If a better version was to release tomorrow I probably wouldn't hesitate to jump ship.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that the movie Godzilla in your game?

#4287 10 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is that the movie Godzilla in your game?

No, the one pictured in game is a heavily modified version of dpannell animated Godzilla. The only version he was able to find that worked for his vision of movement was a millennia era of Godzilla. The piece is impressive, I love the movement and the light show but the extra long dorsal spikes and the muted gray and purple color scheme just didn't work for me. I cleaned up the sculpt and did a full repaint and was very pleased with the results.

IMG_20230512_112807844 (resized).jpgIMG_20230512_112807844 (resized).jpgIMG_20230513_104547631 (resized).jpgIMG_20230513_104547631 (resized).jpgIMG_20230520_185943516 (resized).jpgIMG_20230520_185943516 (resized).jpgIMG_20230520_191833735 (resized).jpgIMG_20230520_191833735 (resized).jpg
#4288 10 months ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

No, the one pictured in game is a heavily modified version of dpannell animated Godzilla. The only version he was able to find that worked for his vision of movement was a millennia era of Godzilla. The piece is impressive, I love the movement and the light show but the extra long dorsal spikes and the muted gray and purple color scheme just didn't work for me. I cleaned up the sculpt and did a full repaint and was very pleased with the results.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Bloody predictive text, I ment to say is that the “moving” Godzilla, which it is. Not movie

Will drop you a pm mate as it is in fact the “moving” Godzilla, I wanted to ask about.

#4289 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Well, in this case dozens of people have put this same figure in their machine and many have documented how to fit it in this very thread, so with a little reading (just searching thread for neca), you certainly should know what to expect! It's definitely the best off the shelf option out there. but at this point there are plenty of custom sculpts and were I just starting with my GZ today personally I might pick one of those. And if this guys mod was sold as "two small airplanes". They could work on whatever figure you want!

Whoops Didn't read all 500 pages combined of the Mod and owners thread before sawing off his tail. My bad...

But consider that others may have had more options on where he stood on the mounting plate. I had to go with what Pino chose (which hasn't been ideal with Pino IMO) unless I wanted to drill new holes. I bet the tail would have fit if he was more far forward.

#4290 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Yeah, unfortunately, this business is spamming all the sites with this "mod" which to the unsuspected buyer will assume this was made from scratch...it's like you said...nothing more than a factory toy with a couple jets glued to the hands and a black base that's totally unnecessary as the holes in the factory toy fit perfectly in the stern existing base. All for a rather large markup $$$$. Buyer beware!

You can get the same exact model brand new from ebay for more than half off the price this shop is selling
The jets can also be found on ebay as well for a couple bucks

ebay.com link: sch

ebay.com link: itm

#4291 10 months ago

Hey everyone, we are pleased to announce that The Electric Playground is officially entering the ring to battle it out for your hard earned, Godzilla topper dollars! We’ve thrown a ton into this project designing what we believe to be the ultimate crown for the King of Monsters!

As with all our toppers, we designed this unit to be fully interactive with the game with an array of light shows and mechanical elements that will correspond with various game modes and light sequences. The rotating Godzilla spike wheel activates with the Kaiju battles and an elevating alien mothership raises and lowers when players ultimately make their way to the ever-elusive Planet X Multiball!

IMG_3725 (resized).JPGIMG_3725 (resized).JPGIMG_3730 (resized).JPGIMG_3730 (resized).JPGIMG_3722 (resized).JPGIMG_3722 (resized).JPGIMG_3742 (resized).JPGIMG_3742 (resized).JPG

We’re offering this topper in two different versions: the Player Edition and The Challenger Edition. Player Edition will feature all of the LED and lighting features, but will forgo the two mechanical elements, and will be offered at a sub $900 price point. While the Challenger Edition will feature all the bells and whistles and be offered for a few hundred more. Final pricing will be announced when the first batch of deposits are collected in August.

But wait, that’s not all! For the first time in topper history (at least we think it is?!) we will also be offering an add-on component called “The Conqueror Upgrade”.This easy to add expansion will mount directly onto your existing topper and allow owners of BOTH models to update their GZ toppers with a full 3D alien console!

This custom addition will feature 4 two-inch screens in all of the monster monitor inserts that will play custom animations in sequence with the in-game action, and completely transform the look of your topper!

While still in development, we will be sharing updates and more progress photos/videos on this awesome new concept, as well as the other mechanical elements of the topper, as things continue to evolve.

All product details and waitlist information can be found on our official GZ thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-electric-playground-gz-topper-batch-1-sept-23#post-7601146

And if you’re ever interested in learning more about other things we’re working on, you can always sign up for our newsletter here: https://www.teppinball.com/get-updates

Thanks to all for the support and a special thanks to all vets and military members, past and present, for their dedicated service! We appreciate all that you do that affords us nerds the freedoms to enjoy this crazy hobby of ours!

-Rob & Alec

#4292 10 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Yeah, unfortunately, this business is spamming all the sites with this "mod" which to the unsuspected buyer will assume this was made from scratch...it's like you said...nothing more than a factory toy with a couple jets glued to the hands and a black base that's totally unnecessary as the holes in the factory toy fit perfectly in the stern existing base. All for a rather large markup $$$$. Buyer beware!
You can get the same exact model brand new from ebay for more than half off the price this shop is selling
The jets can also be found on ebay as well for a couple bucks
ebay.com link: sch
ebay.com link: itm

I got my Jets on ebay I think I paid 5 bucks for 4 or something like that.

#4293 10 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Not just no pictures yet, but no word on features either, correct? Or has anyone found a description anywhere yet?

#4295 10 months ago

Just posted on Stern site. My opinion it looks pretty lame. I already pulled that stupid green Godzilla out and now they’re putting it on the topper ha ha.

#4296 10 months ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Just posted on Stern site. My opinion it looks pretty lame. I already pulled that stupid green Godzilla out and now they’re putting it on the topper ha ha.

I don't like the godzilla figure either but the flame effect is cool

#4297 10 months ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I don't like the godzilla figure either but the flame effect is cool

It is a cool effect - looks great in the BKSOR topper.
But other than that ...

#4299 10 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

[quoted image]

Sorry I prefer the stern topper .
This looks more like it would fit toy story or dialed in. Just looks out of place to me.

#4300 10 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

Sorry I prefer the stern topper .
This looks more like it would fit toy story or dialed in. Just looks out of place to me.

Totally agree ^

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop

$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 105.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.