IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg
There are 5,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 106.
#4151 11 months ago

I like to customize my machines, but I like to try to keep it to replacing items already there that need better representation. I play my machines so I like to see the ball as easily as in a stock machine. I always take into account how much obstruction a mod will have when considering it. I have wasted time and money on quite a few mods that after installing realized it was a bad idea. Just something to consider for any new owners looking to add new mods.

IMG_0704 (resized).jpegIMG_0704 (resized).jpeg
#4152 11 months ago
Quoted from Cwells3290:

I always take into account how much obstruction a mod will have when considering it.

Very good advice. Easy to overdo it and end up with a very obscured playfield! Like all things it comes down to personal preference, but I'm the same way. It's the reason I went with the smaller Sleal saucer and held off on a number of other mods. There's already a lot going on and a lot to see on the playfield (at high speed, when playing) so it can quickly get tough to see what's happening and even a bit visually claustrophobic in there with too much stuff added on.

#4153 11 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Spinning mecha head - sounds cool for sure. My wife would probably want it as she loves what Mecha does now and if his head could spin or arms moved she would be all over it.

video is here

#4154 11 months ago

That's crazy his head spins at like 100mph but it does match the video, lol. Nice work.

No chance it spins off?

Love the topper - guessing its one of those that only a few were made and I have clearly missed out on

#4155 11 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

That's crazy his head spins at like 100mph but it does match the video, lol. Nice work.
No chance it spins off?
Love the topper - guessing its one of those that only a few were made and I have clearly missed out on

looks faster then it is i have it now installed for over a year and it still hold up great

i change the lightshow to the topper, so i think this is a unique part, as the hole machine

#4156 11 months ago
put me on a list for a pro!!

#4157 11 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

put me on a list for a pro!!

sorry, i will not sell them. too much work, no parts etc...

#4158 11 months ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

sorry, i will not sell them. too much work, no parts etc...

Would you be willing to provide further details on the specific parts you used and how you put it all together?

#4159 11 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

Would you be willing to provide further details on the specific parts you used and how you put it all together?

i did that already somewhere here in the thread, its to long to remember right.

#4160 11 months ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

looks faster then it is i have it now installed for over a year and it still hold up great
i change the lightshow to the topper, so i think this is a unique part, as the hole machine

Well I dig the topper for sure, nice work.

Wish there was a good topper choice out there now (yes I know Stern will be releasing one eventually for an ungodly amount and I do know tepp pinball is working on one as well but several months out).

#4161 11 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Wish there was a good topper choice out there now (yes I know Stern will be releasing one eventually for an ungodly amount and I do know tepp pinball is working on one as well but several months out).

I've sold more of these than any other title.

#4162 11 months ago
Quoted from Sparky:

And with good reason, that's f****** awesome!

#4163 11 months ago

Just listed on PINSIDE market place. I am selling my Godzilla shooter knob and mounting plate. It is the official Stern accessory "Mothra Egg" version that was selling on Stern's website but now 'out of stock'(see image) for $179.99 plus shipping. Mine is like new and is priced at $160 (price is fair and firm) with U.S. domestic shipping included. PM me if interested.

gz1 (resized).jpggz1 (resized).jpg
#4164 11 months ago

I am curious if anyone has produced a size-appropriate replacement for the Mothra mounted to the backboard? Its a 2D plastic piece and like 3-inches wide by 1.75 tall. I have seen some much bigger replacements, that need to be mounted somehow, but I was wondering if anyone had a similiar sized but 3D/detailed replacement (and mountable using existing holes) for sale or printable?

#4165 11 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I am curious if anyone has produced a size-appropriate replacement for the Mothra mounted to the backboard? Its a 2D plastic piece and like 3-inches wide by 1.75 tall. I have seen some much bigger replacements, that need to be mounted somehow, but I was wondering if anyone had a similiar sized but 3D/detailed replacement (and mountable using existing holes) for sale or printable?

Super 7 makes a perfect sized mothra. I just poked a hole in the wing to reuse the plastics’ mounting hole and screw. The head can be popped off and glued back on in a better position if that bothers you.
Btw I didn’t come up with this, just copied what others have done.
Someone was selling them already modified but I’m sure you can handle it.

#4166 11 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You make a good point, Godzilla has so many options for modding-one can lose control
I do want to give a shout out to Pino Pinball mods for his King Ghidorah mod. I purchased the painted metallic gold one and I have to say it feels like it belongs in the game with the reflective Mecha and Godzilla figurines. It has a perfect mounting bracket and it fits in the corner like it was from factory(looks really classy-best mod for corner). I also highlighted the figurine with a golden yellow LED spot and it makes it pop-highly recommend...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I love that golden Ghidora!

#4167 11 months ago

Ive just put up a preorder for may for my new "deLuxE" armor for Godzilla (as well as #Foo Fighters and #Rush)

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/08505-pinbawlers-deluxe-armor-pre-order

these will not be made on demand as the process is completely different and to make them reasonable cost I'm going to order the material at one time (every so often) and just pump them out. I probably will have extras after each run but they will be priced higher than the pre-order price if any exist.
gz (resized).JPGgz (resized).JPGIMG_2363 (resized).JPGIMG_2363 (resized).JPGIMG_2362 (resized).JPGIMG_2362 (resized).JPG

#4168 11 months ago
Quoted from Nds777:

Super 7 makes a perfect sized mothra. I just poked a hole in the wing to reuse the plastics’ mounting hole and screw. The head can be popped off and glued back on in a better position if that bothers you.

This is what I did. Just drill two small holes and use existing screws.

#4169 11 months ago

Quoted from Nds777:

here's what that looks like. Note I painted mine a bit. Position it so it blocks the flasher from players angle, and its a nice effect. I believe I'm using a paper clip or two bent to hold the mothra and mount using the existing hw.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4170 11 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Stay tuned, we may be sharing some newsworthy information far sooner than you think

#4171 11 months ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Stay tuned, we may be sharing some newsworthy information far sooner than you think

You know that got me right in the feels man

Look forward to whatever you have to show/say.

Thanks.

#4172 11 months ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

i did that already somewhere here in the thread, its to long to remember right.

But the problem is that the guy who sells the Mini Pin Ciri Controllers won't ship to the US.

#4173 11 months ago
Quoted from Sparky:

But the problem is that the guy who sells the Mini Pin Ciri Controllers won't ship to the US.

yes thats right, dont know why

#4174 11 months ago

Pinball Life also sells a reasonable alternative that uses the existing mount. But you could save a few bucks going the Super 7 route if you don't need a pupa stage (aka "the turd" as my wife calls it).

https://www.pinballlife.com/godzilla-sculpted-2-piece-mothra-figure-set.html

#4175 11 months ago

To anyone that has the imported Freddy’s Skillshot Optimizer, did you just mount it with the stock bubble level screws or did you add some double sided tape as well? It didn’t come with any instructions so just want to see what works best before installing.

#4176 11 months ago
Quoted from SigmundFloyd:

Pinball Life also sells a reasonable alternative that uses the existing mount. But you could save a few bucks going the Super 7 route if you don't need a pupa stage (aka "the turd" as my wife calls it).
https://www.pinballlife.com/godzilla-sculpted-2-piece-mothra-figure-set.html

I think the Super7 one is a bit nicer. IF you like this rainbow one, just buy the whole set that pinball life is parting out and gouging ya on.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256801526946769.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt
or same set in US for a bit more:
ebay.com link: itm

#4177 11 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

To anyone that has the imported Freddy’s Skillshot Optimizer, did you just mount it with the stock bubble level screws or did you add some double sided tape as well? It didn’t come with any instructions so just want to see what works best before installing.

I used just the screws and it’s been holding up fine.

#4178 11 months ago
Quoted from Hammer97e:

I used just the screws and it’s been holding up fine.

Thank you! I’ll do that then. This thing is beefy so I don’t expect any issues.

#4179 11 months ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I don't know how helpful this is, but if they'll at least ship to Germany, I've used MyGermany.com to receive parcels there and have those reshipped here in the US.

#4180 11 months ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I don't know how helpful this is, but if they'll at least ship to Germany, I've used MyGermany.com to receive parcels there and have those reshipped here in the US.

Thank you. That is helpful, and I'll look into that. The guy selling them didn't give me a price on the board because I'm in the US, and I replied asking if I could have them shipped to someone in France or Germany, but he hasn't replied.

#4181 11 months ago
Quoted from Nds777:

yeah IO gave up making them because everyone wanted to Bitch about it.
Magicchiz

#4183 11 months ago

Thanks to Strummy @ High End Mods, Looks Great. Mechagodzilla Shooter Rod

20230514_081919 (resized).jpg20230514_081919 (resized).jpg20230514_081947 (resized).jpg20230514_081947 (resized).jpg20230514_082018 (resized).jpg20230514_082018 (resized).jpg20230514_082027 (resized).jpg20230514_082027 (resized).jpg20230514_082109 (resized).jpg20230514_082109 (resized).jpg
#4184 11 months ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Thanks to Strummy @ High End Mods, Looks Great. Mechagodzilla Shooter Rod
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks Ken! Glad you like it!

#4185 11 months ago

I am curious why you didn't mount it on the backboard like the original part was?

#4187 11 months ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I have Sparky's topper. Not only does it look awesome, it's all heavy duty quality metal and the price can't be beat. An absolute no brainer topper IMHO.

#4188 11 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

Ive just put up a preorder for may for my new "deLuxE" armor for Godzilla (as well as #Foo Fighters and #Rush)
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/08505-pinbawlers-deluxe-armor-pre-order
these will not be made on demand as the process is completely different and to make them reasonable cost I'm going to order the material at one time (every so often) and just pump them out. I probably will have extras after each run but they will be priced higher than the pre-order price if any exist.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These look so awesome. I can't wait to get mine.

Soon as I get them, I'll install em, and post up some pics.

Incredible job coming up with these B. Not to mention the incredible price point. They're a quarter the cost of the out of stock (discontinued?) Stern rails. A definite no brainer at this price.

#4189 11 months ago

Has anyone moved the action button so its closer to your hand? I know its part of the challenge of the game, just wondering. Or even on another Stern with the action button in the middle.

Thanks

#4190 11 months ago

What Godzilla mod do you have in the upper left corner inside the game that does the blue breath animation?

#4191 11 months ago
Quoted from Skatewake:

Has anyone moved the action button so its closer to your hand? I know its part of the challenge of the game, just wondering. Or even on another Stern with the action button in the middle.
Thanks

I've seen someone wired a foot pedal to the action button.

#4192 11 months ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I've seen someone wired a foot pedal to the action button.

Pinmonk has created an instruction for the foot pedal, I use it on my Godzilla. Super easy and helps the kids and those who aren't skilled at using the button.

#4193 11 months ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Pinmonk has created an instruction for the foot pedal, I use it on my Godzilla. Super easy and helps the kids and those who aren't skilled at using the button.

i use my belly.. just lean forward, press button and go.

#4194 11 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

i use my belly.. just lean forward, press button and go.

Same! I showed my family this and now that's the only way they hit the action button. So thankful I've spent all these years fine tuning and curating this belly to make it easy. Pretty sure it makes me an elite athlete.

#4195 11 months ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

What Godzilla mod do you have in the upper left corner inside the game that does the blue breath animation?

i made this myself, it is the king of monsters figure with a blue atomic breath from etsy, controlled by ciri controller board

#4196 11 months ago

Hi. I am the guy who messed up while plugging in the wires to Stumblors splitter plus board last month. I probably need to buy a new board for the shaker motor to plug into. What is the name of this specific board if I were to order one?

#4197 11 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Hi. I am the guy who messed up while plugging in the wires to Stumblors splitter plus board last month. I probably need to buy a new board for the shaker motor to plug into. What is the name of this specific board if I were to order one?

There's a reason they give you an owner's manual. Boards & part numbers listed there.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Godzilla_LE_Pre_web.pdf

#4198 11 months ago

Thanks.... I think...

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

There's a reason they give you an owner's manual. Boards & part numbers listed there

#4199 11 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:

The Cabinet Node 1 board is the board that the shaker motor plugs into. It is part number: 520-6967-72

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-6967-72

#4200 11 months ago

Just received and installed the Mothra mods from Spiderpin on my LE. They look great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,980 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 210.00
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 5,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 106.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.