IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg
There are 5,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 106.
#3901 1 year ago

Hello I've made a new button wear protector for the best pinball ever made (Godzilla of course

if your interested they are available at
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/08184--flipper-button-wear-protectors-for-stern-godzilla-pinball

IMG_1912 (resized).JPGIMG_1912 (resized).JPGIMG_1913 (resized).JPGIMG_1913 (resized).JPGIMG_1914 (resized).jpgIMG_1914 (resized).jpgIMG_1915 (resized).jpgIMG_1915 (resized).jpgbond (resized).jpgbond (resized).jpgrush (resized).jpgrush (resized).jpg
#3902 1 year ago

Received a finished copy of the mod I designed from @lionelpo91. Looks absolutely amazing! Got the paint perfectly and since it's printed in resin, no print lines from filament. He added some black speckles just like on the Mecha statue in the game. Looks great!

Screenshot_20230402-141452 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230402-141452 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230402-141506 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230402-141506 (resized).png
#3903 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Received a finished copy of the mod I designed from lionelpo91. Looks absolutely amazing! Got the paint perfectly and since it's printed in resin, no print lines from filament. He added some black speckles just like on the Mecha statue in the game. Looks great!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good! Think the one thing I'd look into see if its needed in the design is the curvature the main piece originally has both in the plastic and the metal base plate. My guess was that if the ball hugs too close to the left on that ramp shot, it helps redirect it back towards the bash piece on Mecha. Both helps reduce misses and maybe even reduce a bit more on the fly balls if it hits something random. It's just a guess because cant find another reason why that design element would even be on there, but thats what I had incorporated with mine just to be safe.

Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 7.31.41 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-21 at 7.31.41 PM (resized).png
#3904 1 year ago

Updating with Sold items.

Quoted from drbrain:

I have a bunch of unused MODs for a Godzilla Premium. All mods were bought for a Premium so they are for a premium or LE and some will work on a Pro. Can combine multiple mods to save on shipping. Prefer Venmo over PayPal. Message me if interested. I will post in the owners thread as well.
Naegele Oil Building - Weathered, With Diddy Sign - $200 - SOLD
Lermods Interactive Godzilla figure with trains - $160
Lermods Interactive Godzilla figure - Fire breathing - $75
Lermods - Interactive city scoop light - $20 - SOLD
Lermods - Flasher Mod - $20 - SOLD
Lermods - Trough light on green - $7 - SOLD
Mezelmods Godzilla pinball ramp illumination - $15 - SOLD
MezelModsn Godzilla Backboard Illumination - Blue - $15 - SOLD
Mezel Mods complete building set - Theatre, Subway and Noodle - $300
High End Mods Oxygen destroyer with Frog metal extension -$120 - SOLD
Mezel Mods Pinball UFO sign - $20

#3905 1 year ago

This is awesome! Was it possible to get the hand to hold a real ball?

#3906 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Looks good! Think the one thing I'd look into see if its needed in the design is the curvature the main piece originally has both in the plastic and the metal base plate. My guess was that if the ball hugs too close to the left on that ramp shot, it helps redirect it back towards the bash piece on Mecha. Both helps reduce misses and maybe even reduce a bit more on the fly balls if it hits something random. It's just a guess because cant find another reason why that design element would even be on there, but thats what I had incorporated with mine just to be safe.
[quoted image]

When I installed the spinner left mod, I left the factory stainless steel plate underneath it to guide the ball towards the Mecha for exactly this reason. I kind of like the way the current mod design is, since when installed with the metal plate below, the mod left piece looks a bit more balanced in size.

Also, I noticed that there are two 'shades' of metallic spray, ever so close. The Bright Coat "Chrome" that I mentioned above, along with a 'Silver' version of the metallic bright coat. I may experiment with the silver version this weekend. The picture I posted above is the CHROME version of the spray and under certain lighting, feels slightly more yellow than Mecha does. I suspect the SIlver spray will steer towards the blue seen in the mecha finish.

#3907 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

When I installed the spinner left mod, I left the factrory stainless steel plate underneath it to guide the ball towards the Mecha for exactly this reason. I kind of like the way the current design is, since when installed with the metal plate below, the mod left piece looks a bit more balanced in size.
Also, I noticed that their are two 'shades' of metallic spray, ever so close. The Bright Coat "Chrome" that I mentioned above, along with a 'Silver' version of the metallic bright coat. I may experiment with the silver version this weekend. The version I posted above is the CHROME version of the spray and under certain lighting, feels slightly more yellow than Mecha does. I suspect the SIlver spray will steer towards the blue seen in the mecha finish.

still might need the upper part of the guide, not just the metal base plate, for a more controlled path shift. With just base plate it can create a bottom lip to kick the ball up in a higher airball. Would require some testing, and probably only might be an issue with very specific angles, so might not be an issue really. Was just a recommendation in design to help players get the intended function (if it was intended).

#3908 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

still might need the upper part of the guide, not just the metal base plate, for a more controlled path shift. With just base plate it can create a bottom lip to kick the ball up in a higher airball. Would require some testing, and probably only might be an issue with very specific angles, so might not be an issue really. Was just a recommendation in design to help players get the intended function (if it was intended).

I get your thought process too. some experimentation to be sure. One of the additional issues I saw when I disassembled the factory spinner is the base guide plate has a slot on the upper fastening hole. That allows the base plate to be adjusted a bit left to right to allow the ball to hit mecha more precisely. It's a relatively small adjustment, but the slot was clearly engineered into the plate, so it may have more value than it appears.

#3909 1 year ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

This is awesome! Was it possible to get the hand to hold a real ball?

ha - no - I considered doing that originally but and it would be possible but would probably not be worth the cost for the pinball and time using a drill press to drill it out and then fit the model to it. In this case its a sculpt and is made in resin and then painted.

#3910 1 year ago

Just completed
Premium 8 piece Godzilla Jr. Set $35.00
Plastic #'s 1,2,3,4,5,9,63&67

Premium 15 piece Godzilla Set $52.00
Above plastics Plus #'s 7,8,16,19,26,57 &64

Premium 29 piece Mechagodzilla Set $75.00
Above plastics Plus #,s 10,11,13,14,15,17,21,23,58,59,59,60 & 61

Have fluorescent green now.

Can do fluorescent yellow, Fluorescent Red or Fluorescent blue.

PXL_20230404_182836903 (resized).jpgPXL_20230404_182836903 (resized).jpgPXL_20230404_193425813 (resized).jpgPXL_20230404_193425813 (resized).jpgPXL_20230404_193510871 (resized).jpgPXL_20230404_193510871 (resized).jpg
#3911 1 year ago

Added a premium MechaGodzilla to my pro. Used a spotlight to light it and mounted it to the plastic with a glue dot.

C810DE33-3EAD-457F-8543-ADF53022D2E7 (resized).jpegC810DE33-3EAD-457F-8543-ADF53022D2E7 (resized).jpeg
#3912 1 year ago

SO whilst I was installing the latest greatest mods , I ended up fkin up a lilttle and dropped the playfield down onto the bottom speaker, totally crushed it.

WHAT are some good speaker replacements for the big sub one on the bottom of the cab?
Thanks

#3913 1 year ago
Quoted from Shuoink:

SO whilst I was installing the latest greatest mods , I ended up fkin up a lilttle and dropped the playfield down onto the bottom speaker, totally crushed it.
WHAT are some good speaker replacements for the big sub one on the bottom of the cab?
Thanks

I'd suggest doing some digging in this thread for some recommendations:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route

#3914 1 year ago
Quoted from Shuoink:

Thanks

By the way… dont feel “alone” on that move. Its startling to say the least!

There has to be a better design than what Stern is currently doing for those rails. That said…you do it once…probably wont happen again..ha!

#3915 1 year ago
Quoted from Shuoink:

Thanks

This is what is used on LEs - Goldwood 8"
ebay.com link: itm

There's also a $50 Boom speaker on pinballlife.com

Flipper Fidelity and some other companies sell a whole speaker replacement kit

#3916 1 year ago

What is the latest lead time for the flaming speaker lights?

#3917 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

The myth pinball ones are great, and had been shipping fast. Undercab kit is great too.

#3918 1 year ago
Quoted from Shuoink:

Thanks

Don't feel alone. When I brought mine home the other day I opened it up to check wires ect...I did not know that the were barely any stoppers and pulled it clean off the rail into the bottom. I did not however break/smash anything fortunately.

#3919 1 year ago
Quoted from Shuoink:

Thanks

Pinball Life has their boom 3000 kit which comes prewired and ready to install with their provided bracket. You can also find the Boss CXX8 or use most other 8-inch 4 ohm woofers speakers. You will need to unsolder and then resolder the connector with all options except the Boom3k along with determine how to screw the new speaker down on the existing bolts that are slightly too short for most better woofers. ( the boom comes with the mounting bracket needed)

#3920 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Don't feel alone. When I brought mine home the other day I opened it up to check wires ect...I did not know that the were barely any stoppers and pulled it clean off the rail into the bottom. I did not however break/smash anything fortunately.

I had Williams Bally machines for years. My Mandalorian was my first Stern. First time I went to put up the playfield I did the same thing you all did. Pulled it all the way thinking there was a hard stop like on the Williams/Bally and it dropped down. OMG was I not happy. Luckily nothing was damaged and I was able to get the playfield back up. Lesson Learned. No issues with my GZ as a result.

#3921 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

4-7-23

By tomorrow, I will have my type 14 light kit orders shipped, up to Dec 24th. So currently, the wait time on my SPIKE 2 Flamin' Frames is right at 3.5 months.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#3922 1 year ago

Looking for a set of Stern's side art blades for Godzilla and everywhere I check seems to be out of stock. Anyone know where these are available?

GZ blades (resized).jpgGZ blades (resized).jpg
#3923 1 year ago

Looking for a set of Stern's side art blades for Godzilla and everywhere I check seems to be out of stock. Anyone know where these are available?

Try Jason Grindle on FB
Aka
classicgamerooms.com

#3924 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

[quoted image]

Ebay

#3925 1 year ago

Nitro Pinball in Canada had them

#3926 1 year ago
Quoted from Shuoink:

Thanks

I did the same thing once. I used a Pyle 8” as a replacement. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007JV7F4W

#3927 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

[quoted image]

Dang.. Glad I grabbed some last month. I guess with all the new machines out there they sold out!

#3928 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

4-7-23
By tomorrow, I will have my type 14 light kit orders shipped, up to Dec 24th. So currently, the wait time on my SPIKE 2 Flamin' Frames is right at 3.5 months.

This is a good problem to have and product is well worth the wait!

#3929 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

4-7-23

Ahh…so close. My order date is 12/27/22. Can’t wait to get these installed.

#3930 1 year ago

All sold removed. Last mods left. Make me offers, everything must go.

Quoted from drbrain:

I have a bunch of unused MODs for a Godzilla Premium. All mods were bought for a Premium so they are for a premium or LE and some will work on a Pro. Can combine multiple mods to save on shipping. Prefer Venmo over PayPal. Message me if interested. I will post in the owners thread as well.
Lermods Interactive Godzilla figure with trains - $160
Mezel Mods complete building set - Theatre, Subway and Noodle - $300

#3931 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

KingPinGames had them in stock at MGC last weekend. Maybe reach out to him to see if he has any left after the show.

#3932 1 year ago

Just wanted to publicly thank @jazzbouche, @stumblor, @sleal16, and tdiddy for all these awesome mods. Atomic Godzilla, Tesla Towers, and the 20% larger flying saucer are the real deal - All of these mods are worth the coin and look like they came out of the factory.

I also highly suggest anyone that does a saucer mod also swap out the white pop bumper parts for clear, really gives the illusion of it floating.

Now debating what to do next…Oil building, either (or both) of the Tokyo Neons, flaming speaker kit, shaker motor?

271C5553-CC13-4670-BD02-876A7F69FDDD (resized).jpeg271C5553-CC13-4670-BD02-876A7F69FDDD (resized).jpeg
#3933 1 year ago
Quoted from twb999:

Just wanted to publicly thank Jazzbouche, stumblor, Sleal16, and tdiddy for all these awesome mods. Atomic Godzilla, Tesla Towers, and the 20% larger flying saucer are the real deal - All of these mods are worth the coin and look like they came out of the factory.
I also highly suggest anyone that does a saucer mod also swap out the white pop bumper parts for clear, really gives the illusion of it floating.
Now debating what to do next…Oil building, either (or both) of the Tokyo Neons, flaming speaker kit, shaker motor?
[quoted image]

shaker motor.

#3934 1 year ago
Quoted from twb999:

Just wanted to publicly thank Jazzbouche, stumblor, Sleal16, and tdiddy for all these awesome mods. Atomic Godzilla, Tesla Towers, and the 20% larger flying saucer are the real deal - All of these mods are worth the coin and look like they came out of the factory.
[quoted image]

Shaker motor is integrated pretty well. You’ll find it additive to the game play continuously without taking your eye off the ball.

#3935 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Also learned the hard way you can pull a Stern pf off rails on my first Stern. It's amazing they designed it to be more difficult to push pf in where it needs to be than out falling into cab doing damage.

#3936 1 year ago

Hey all, it's been awhile since I've been in this thread as I was buried with orders for a few mods I make and finally caught up. I wanted to drop a reminder for those who may be interested in a Godzilla Premium bridge mod. Sales have reached past 150 very happy customers.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-premium-le-train-bridge-mod#post-7519788

You can find them in my store here - https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1437-performance-pinball

Thanks for looking!

#3937 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Also learned the hard way you can pull a Stern pf off rails on my first Stern. It's amazing they designed it to be more difficult to push pf in where it needs to be than out falling into cab doing damage.

Man I’m feeling a lot better reading these. Did it on mine day 1 last July. Already had the parts for a a speaker upgrade so other than the bruised ego no harm done. Those stern cabinet speakers are so cheap - the damage a little drop caused was pretty surprising…

#3938 1 year ago

Adding a few more MODs, price reduced and these are still available.

Pingraffix Godzilla Pinball ATOMIC PowerBladez - $269
Full Cliffy set for Godzilla Premium - $70
Mezel Mods complete building set - Theatre, Subway and Noodle - $260

Quoted from drbrain:

All sold removed. Last mods left. Make me offers, everything must go.

#3939 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Hey all, it's been awhile since I've been in this thread as I was buried with orders for a few mods I make and finally caught up. I wanted to drop a reminder for those who may be interested in a Godzilla Premium bridge mod. Sales have reached past 150 very happy customers.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-premium-le-train-bridge-mod#post-7519788
You can find them in my store here - https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1437-performance-pinball
Thanks for looking!

I am one of the happy customers. A great looking mod.

#3940 1 year ago

Sold marked. Only the building set and the sign left. Make me an offer on them.

Quoted from drbrain:

Adding a few more MODs, price reduced and these are still available.
Pingraffix Godzilla Pinball ATOMIC PowerBladez - $269 - SOLD
Full Cliffy set for Godzilla Premium - $70 - SOLD
Lermods Interactive Godzilla figure - Fire breathing - $75 - HOLDING FOR PAYMENT
Mezel Mods complete building set - Theatre, Subway and Noodle - $260

#3941 1 year ago
Quoted from math08:

I am one of the happy customers. A great looking mod.

Thanks for the kind words my friend. Here's a customer install pic they just sent me in the Mecha Silver color.

Image (resized).jpegImage (resized).jpeg
#3942 1 year ago

Anyone buy pinstadiums for their GZ? I have mirror blades and was debating bc I like how the atom fusions look, but that price man wtf

Curious what some of your thoughts are for this title

#3943 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Anyone buy pinstadiums for their GZ? I have mirror blades and was debating bc I like how the atom fusions look, but that price man wtf

Just my opinion but it seems these are overkill for Godzilla. It already has a great light show so it seems difficult to justify the price for the end effect. For the same money you could add a sheet of invisiglass, Shaker motor, Tokyo neon sign and Tesla strike towers and still have a little money left over for beer and chips. Just saying.

#3944 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Just my opinion but it seems these are overkill for Godzilla. It already has a great light show so it seems difficult to justify the price for the end effect. For the same money you could add a sheet of invisiglass, Shaker motor, Tokyo neon sign and Tesla strike towers and still have a little money left over for beer and chips. Just saying.

To each his/her own with modding.. I have them on all my pins aalong with all of the above and i just love them.

#3945 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Thanks for the kind words my friend. Here's a customer install pic they just sent me in the Mecha Silver color.
[quoted image]

Now that I see the pictures, it feels like a dab of mecha silver touch-up applied with a Q-tip might make the screws blend in better. (or a quick spray if the screws are not yet re-installed). I haven't yet installed the bridge set I got from you, but that picture makes me think about doing so when I install the mod...

#3946 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

This game is the brightest game I have with a really good light show. It does not need pinstadiums.

#3947 1 year ago

I agree. Not to bright. Not to dark.

#3948 1 year ago

I have no problem with a game being dim. It's nostalgic for me. Reminds me of the old arcades. I play my incandescent Pinbot in the dark all the time.

#3949 1 year ago

Hi everybody,

I know that there are already plenty of Godzilla figurines and you won't be short of choices. But I designed this mod based on the figurine proposed by NECA from the year 1956. It is rather faithful and has 30 points of articulation. You can position it as you wish. I added two small planes (F86 Saber Jet Fighter) with which Godzilla fights. Its assembly is very easy since we have also made a mount specifically so that it integrates as well as possible. Godzilla can also spit fire. You choose what you want to put in your pinball machine.

video :

You can order this mod here :
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/08288-godzilla-figurine-neca-1956

Have a nice day (Pino Pinball Mods)

IMG_1391 (resized).JPGIMG_1391 (resized).JPGIMG_1415 (resized).JPGIMG_1415 (resized).JPGIMG_1417 (resized).JPGIMG_1417 (resized).JPG
#3950 1 year ago

Does anyone have the Pingraffix FIRE PinBladez installed? I can't seem to find pictures of them installed, just the animated ones. I'm curious how they look because the Powerbladz are a liiiitle pricey.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

9,000 (OBO)
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 106.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.