IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg
There are 5,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 106.
#3751 1 year ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Can anyone speak to this?
I ordered the whole flaming speaker light kit from Doug at speaker light kits.com and I think his kit is the best but I ordered the stuff in December and it’s coming up on over two months and not a Peep.
If you read his site he basically admits to a delay and basically threatens you if you ask for updates he will cancel your order. I hate to be on a forum like this and say stuff like this but how about a little communication, your product is great (have bought other lots before) but this time it’s radio silence.
On Godzilla the flaming kits looks amazing and I want it but is two months common without an update?
I get mods can have lead times and no one really is making a whole full time business out of this stuff usually but really you should still think customer service matters.
Anyone else having an issue?

I ordered only 3 weeks ago, paid via paypal, but did not receive any order confirmation. I hope my order is placed, but as you descibed I hesitate to ask. Waiting time is fine for me.

#3752 1 year ago
Quoted from Zora:

I ordered only 3 weeks ago, paid via paypal, but did not receive any order confirmation. I hope my order is placed, but as you descibed I hesitate to ask. Waiting time is fine for me.

If Paypal processed your payment, that would be your confirmation. I waited about 5 months to receive my order, no emails until the shipping notice was sent to me. This seems to be the process, I would do it again! Awesome mod!!

#3753 1 year ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

It has been posted numerous times, Doug’s flaming light kits are on average about 5 months from ordering/delivering. Patience is a virtue or so they say.

Even if it has been posted numerous times, it seems really weird (to me at least) that an environment has been created in which there is fear (of order cancellation?!?) to ask the status of an order placed by a paying customer. Responding to a message or an email does not take that long…

Maybe he is a super nice guy, but this is bad optics IMO

#3754 1 year ago
Quoted from rmbakos:

If Paypal processed your payment, that would be your confirmation. I waited about 5 months to receive my order, no emails until the shipping notice was sent to me. This seems to be the process, I would do it again! Awesome mod!!

Thank you for your feedback! I hoped that this would be the normal process. So everything seems to be ok.

#3755 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Even if it has been posted numerous times, it seems really weird (to me at least) that an environment has been created in which there is fear (of order cancellation?!?) to ask the status of an order placed by a paying customer. Responding to a message or an email does not take that long…
Maybe he is a super nice guy, but this is bad optics IMO

Thanks everyone for their updates - I can handle delays and waiting for a superior product but I still think communication is always good.

I guess I wait …

#3756 1 year ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Thanks everyone for their updates - I can handle delays and waiting for a superior product but I still think communication is always good.
I guess I wait …

its worth the wait.Regular I have had in about 3 days from Doug these as said before about 5 months.

#3757 1 year ago

I ordered mine if February last year and got in in August on my first kit for GZ, actually I just ordered another kit for my Iron Maiden..the wait is a bummer but worth it.

Quoted from wamonkey:

Can anyone speak to this?
I ordered the whole flaming speaker light kit from Doug at speaker light kits.com and I think his kit is the best but I ordered the stuff in December and it’s coming up on over two months and not a Peep.
If you read his site he basically admits to a delay and basically threatens you if you ask for updates he will cancel your order. I hate to be on a forum like this and say stuff like this but how about a little communication, your product is great (have bought other lots before) but this time it’s radio silence.
On Godzilla the flaming kits looks amazing and I want it but is two months common without an update?
I get mods can have lead times and no one really is making a whole full time business out of this stuff usually but really you should still think customer service matters.
Anyone else having an issue?

#3758 1 year ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

I ordered mine if February last year and got in in August on my first kit for GZ, actually I just ordered another kit for my Iron Maiden..the wait is a bummer but worth it.

are you putting flames on Maiden ?

#3759 1 year ago

I am.. I think they are going to look awesome on my premium. Matches the torches by the guardian nicely IMO.

Quoted from Jamesays:

are you putting flames on Maiden ?

#3760 1 year ago

Five months? Really?

And then he makes you feel like you are bothering him and wasting his time. How dare you act like a common customer and ask about your order!

Is this kind of service really worth getting supposedly "better" speaker lights?

#3761 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Five months? Really?
And then he makes you feel like you are bothering him and wasting his time. How dare you act like a common customer and ask about your order!
Is this kind of service really worth getting supposedly "better" speaker lights?

Myth Pinball has speaker light kits with the flame effect. https://www.mythpinball.com/product/stern-spike2-speaker-light-kit/

#3762 1 year ago

Are we really doing this re: Speakerlightkits.com again?

It is what it is. You want the best flame lights? Wait your turn. You want to get yelled at and have your money refunded? Whine about it after you read the warning he plainly gives you before you paid. Did you think he was kidding? The man explicitly tells you he will punt your business and money to Timbuktu if you are impatient. That's not exactly warm and fuzzy concern over best business practices or customer satisfaction. It takes a while and he's a grump, but he's not a deadbeat or a flake. He doesn't rip people off. He makes good shit and tells you it won't be his top priority to put smile on your face, and that's the experience. You will get your good shit if you can wait. You won't if you can't. **shrug**

#3763 1 year ago

The current wait time on my Flamin' Frames Speaker Light Kits is right at 4 months, but it will probably be a couple of weeks before I get the beginning of the next batch shipping out.

There are other mods that are taking months to get shipped out, but for some reason it seems I have been made the whipping boy when it comes to people being frustrated on having to wait on something.

I have not ignored any e-mails and I have not canceled any orders unless people have asked for them to be canceled. If you order, you will get it and from what I hear from my customers, I expect you will be very happy with it.

I do not see where letting people know what to expect up front is bad customer service. I see other sellers ignoring emails for weeks, lying to customers ("I will ship it tomorrow"...you get the tracking info, and the package sits there for another 4 weeks) and misrepresenting their products...and they get a pass with nary a peep. I let people know in advance what to expect, and I'm doing my best to get the Flamin' Frames out as fast as I can, while keeping up with my other light kit sales (all other 13 type light kits are shipping in 0 - 3 days) and that's bad service somehow.

There is nothing wrong with asking about an order if you didn't think it went through for some reason, but if PayPal charged you...I got your order. There is nothing left to do on your end at that point but wait. You should get the tracking info from PayPal when it ships.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#3764 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

The current wait time on my Flamin' Frames Speaker Light Kits is right at 4 months, but it will probably be a couple of weeks before I get the beginning of the next batch shipping out.
There are other mods that are taking months to get shipped out, but for some reason it seems I have been made the whipping boy when it comes to people being frustrated on having to wait on something.
I have not ignored any e-mails and I have not canceled any orders unless people have asked for them to be canceled. If you order, you will get it and from what I hear from my customers, I expect you will be very happy with it.
I do not see where letting people know what to expect up front is bad customer service. I see other sellers ignoring emails for weeks, lying to customers ("I will ship it tomorrow"...you get the tracking info, and the package sits there for another 4 weeks) and misrepresenting their products...and they get a pass with nary a peep. I let people know in advance what to expect, and I'm doing my best to get the Flamin' Frames out as fast as I can, while keeping up with my other light kit sales (all other 13 type light kits are shipping in 0 - 3 days) and that's bad service somehow.
There is nothing wrong with asking about an order if you didn't think it went through for some reason, but if PayPal charged you...I got your order. There is nothing left to do on your end at that point but wait. You should get the tracking info from PayPal when it ships.

this is true ,some have wait lists and You wait for Your number to pop up

#3765 1 year ago

A wait list and a shipping delay have one major difference - when the payment occurs.

My opinion is that customers are far less restless when no money has changed hands.

#3766 1 year ago

I waited 4 months for them, and worth the time waiting, they really look great, and i will buy more from Doug if i install in my JP.
Besides Doug is clear in is delay times, he is not promising to deliver in 3 days and give you the speaker only in 5 months.

#3767 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

It's been a while since I've posted in this thread, but I tell you, I am still absolutely loving this game.
Ended up putting some new love on the playfield yesterday, and wanted to share the results and experience.
Picked up that Nagel Building Mod from tdiddy, and wow, that really fills that left hand sidewall space so well! Installation was straightforward and I think the results were great.
Since I had already been using some model trees on the pf to help add some realism and set the scene, that little corner in the front of this new building was a perfect spot for another one, and I really feel it gives a seamless look in my current diorama.
The mod attaches under the pf to the flasher there by the mazer cannon, and since I had created my own interactive mazer cannon and had connected to that spot already, I was able to run both in series, and everything worked great! Whew![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Playfield looks fantastic. Well done!

Thanks for posting.

#3768 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

A wait list and a shipping delay have one major difference - when the payment occurs.
My opinion is that customers are far less restless when no money has changed hands.

Very good point.

#3769 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

COINTAKER: $145.95
VS
SPEAKERLIGHTKITS.COM: $120.00

A little update on this and I am still hoping to get a comparison video up when / if I get time. Anyway....the CoinTaker "Destruction" kit is now $169.95. Their price has gone from $114.95 to $145.95 to the current price of $169.95. So, I have decided to do a DIY of sorts for people that actually think that turd looks good and wants to save $75ish.

Buy one of my Deluxe Type 12 Speaker Light Kits (ships in 0 - 3 days) for $85 ...(and don't forget your city skyline acrylic design if you want one, but I really hope most people realize this "DIY" is not a good idea).

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-12.html

and then buy a SP106E RGB controller from here (or one of the others of the same kind for $10ish on Amazon):

https://www.amazon.com/Sanwo-HG0537-SP601E-Dream-Controller/dp/B08K2ZSRDZ/ref=sr_1_1

You will have to dl an app on your smartphone to Bluetooth to the controller to configure the flame effect, but after you get it set...you can use the included remote to adjust the brightness and speed.

...and with that, you will be getting what CoinTaker is selling for $169.95 for under $100 (even better really, as you will also be getting my default deluxe controller that has 358 lighting effects of its own).

I personally don't know who would like this "flame" effect, but evidentially they are selling since that CoinTaker price just keeps going up and up. What do you think the chances are of them lowering them to a sub $100 price where they should be? I honestly thought they, at least, had a custom controller made to justify part of their high price, but no....just an off the shelf controller at a custom-made controller price (and then some).

In advance I will say....I'm not pretending I do not mark up my items. I am not selling them, just for the good of the pinball community. I was into pinball years before I started selling any mods and I sell what I do at a fair price. Many of the parts that I sell, and are included in my light kits, can be bought right off of Amazon also, but I'm not adding a $10 controller to a light kit (that I copied from my friend) and marking them up an extra $70. Add to that.....it looks like a turd. I think there is a good reason you don't see anyone posting videos showing off their CoinTaker "Destruction" speaker lights. I think they kind of "got taken" (pun intended) and realize that when they get them installed.

On a side note....if anyone wants to see what they look like in person and happen to have one of my type 12 Speaker Light Kits already installed, you can buy the controller from amazon and swap it in for the default controller that was included with your light kit, configure the "Fire" pattern on the new controller and give it a try. Prepare to be underwhelmed.

So, in summary, don't get taken. That $75 saved can be used elsewhere.

#3770 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

It's been a while since I've posted in this thread, but I tell you, I am still absolutely loving this game.
Ended up putting some new love on the playfield yesterday, and wanted to share the results and experience.
Picked up that Nagel Building Mod from tdiddy, and wow, that really fills that left hand sidewall space so well! Installation was straightforward and I think the results were great.
Since I had already been using some model trees on the pf to help add some realism and set the scene, that little corner in the front of this new building was a perfect spot for another one, and I really feel it gives a seamless look in my current diorama.
The mod attaches under the pf to the flasher there by the mazer cannon, and since I had created my own interactive mazer cannon and had connected to that spot already, I was able to run both in series, and everything worked great! Whew![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

ChipScott that is the best looking GZ I’ve ever seen. I was wondering if you were done, looks like not! FYI I tried a “sunlight” swap out and it’s nice, but I think your warm white bulb swap is killer - the artwork really shines in those pics. I’ll be copying it.

#3771 1 year ago

Cant wait to get my doug flame kit, ordered the kit on nov 23th. One more month maybe, cross fingers.

#3772 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

ChipScott that is the best looking GZ I’ve ever seen. I was wondering if you were done, looks like not! FYI I tried a “sunlight” swap out and it’s nice, but I think your warm white bulb swap is killer - the artwork really shines in those pics. I’ll be copying it.

Thanks guys! Yeah, for me, I really like the warm white GI look (I also changed out the forward facing lights from the apron, along with adding a number of additional spotlights to warm white... all of which aid in the overall look). This is such a great game to play and mod!!

#3773 1 year ago

Anyone interested in purchasing this saucer mod from me? I recently upgraded to the new Lolly UFO so no longer have a need for this one. It's GOV's mods version but I painted it with a chrome mirror paint to give it a bit more metallic look. Can include the screws if needed as well. Sells for $55 so I'm thinking $35 would be fair plus $5 for shipping. DM me if interested!

IMG_1220 (resized).jpegIMG_1220 (resized).jpeg
#3774 1 year ago

Can someone tell me where I can get these two mods from? TIA

9378F09B-771C-452C-A477-C296DFF08AC9 (resized).jpeg9378F09B-771C-452C-A477-C296DFF08AC9 (resized).jpegED26A669-C7EA-4169-9B23-1442D9A4AA7F (resized).jpegED26A669-C7EA-4169-9B23-1442D9A4AA7F (resized).jpeg
#3775 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Can someone tell me where I can get these two mods from? TIA[quoted image][quoted image]

Top mod is from Mezel Mods. Attaches via built in magnets in the upper component. I also added magnetic tape along the bottom of mine to hold a little stronger.
https://mezelmods.com/collections/godzilla-pinball-mods-stern/products/godzilla-pinball-alien-console

#3777 1 year ago

Just installed dpannell interactive GZ figure. Love it - especially how his breath goes across the entire bridge.

#3778 1 year ago

Well I went ahead and did it. I've always wanted to take the time and add a little rooftop party and some extra paint work to diddy's Nagele building. I maybe took it too far but it does make me giggle when I look at it. The roof sections are now held in place with magnets so I can easily swap with a more family friendly roof and a simple slide in window covering for when the grandkids are coming over to visit.

#3779 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Well I went ahead and did it. I've always wanted to take the time and add a little rooftop party and some extra paint work to diddy's Nagele building. I maybe took it too far but it does make me giggle when I look at it. The roof sections are now held in place with magnets so I can easily swap with a more family friendly roof and a simple slide in window covering for when the grandkids are coming over to visit.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WTF dude?!

#3780 1 year ago
too much ?

#3781 1 year ago

A little risqué perhaps but funny!

#3782 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Nah, keep it. You do you, man. Who cares what people think about it on here.

Not going to lie... I think it's fucking hilarious LOL

#3783 1 year ago

Who would downvote this? I think it's amazing! Very well done.

#3784 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

This looks fucking awesome and is so well done! The people having sex threw me for a second, but honestly it makes it more unique and is attention to detail. With how tiny they are, you'd really have to look to see them I bet. It's an awesome little easter egg.

#3785 1 year ago

Well if it’s my time and a 100 story monster was about to destroy the building I was in, I can’t think of a better way to go.

#3787 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I didn't want that building until now

#3788 1 year ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I didn't want to that building until now

I know, I’m waiting to see who is the first one to ask where he got those figures from LOL.

#3789 1 year ago

I wasn't sure if this project would be well received, thanks for all the positive feedback.Next project is to modify dpannell 's animated gz.sorry no naked people for that one.

#3790 1 year ago

Do you have a link for the mini -nude figures?

#3791 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Do you have a link for the mini -nude figures?

I'll post some info later this evening when I get finished with work.

#3792 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Can someone tell me where I can get these two mods from? TIA

I got one of those highway signs from HurryUp Pinball so you may want to hit him up and see if he still has any. Grab his roof mod while you are at it, it looks great and completely fixes the STDM on Multiball start. Two thumbs up for fast shipping and great product! https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1368-hurryuppinball/05681-godzilla-prem-le-building-mod-multi-ball-sdtm-fix

#3793 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I wasn't sure if this project would be well received, thanks for all the positive feedback.Next project is to modify dpannell 's animated gz.sorry no naked people for that one.

How about a red rocket?

#3794 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

So where can I get the figurines from?

#3795 1 year ago

So for those of you wondering and for those of you who are just asking for a friend, the nudie sunbathers can be found on Amazon if you search HO scale figures. Those are fairly common and are sold in a set with six figures and some beach accessories. The figures of the people actually "doing it"are from a company called Noch out of Germany. They are featured on a lot of hobby websites however most are not in stock when you inquire. I found a company out of Miami that keeps them well stocked and ships them out within 2 days of order. These items are $10 each, includes couple and a piece of furniture. www.micromacromundo.com

. Girl bent over chair
. Couple on loveseat
. Couple on couch
. Couple on office desk
. Couple in bed
Have fun you freaks... My people. Sorry Puff no red rocket.

#3796 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Well I went ahead and did it

Dude you made my day-just when I thought I have seen it all-Pinside comes through

Flippin awesome!

#3797 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

2023 Mod of the year?

#3798 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Dude you made my day-just when I thought I have seen it all-Pinside comes through
Flippin awesome!

Well that's us, spreading Joy and.... tiny little legs wherever we go.

#3799 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Can someone tell me where I can get these two mods from? TIA[quoted image][quoted image]

I responded to this but never hit send Sorry.

Craig at Hurry up makes the signs. Cool mod

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 106.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/76?hl=jonnyqtrek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.