IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg
There are 5,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 106.
#3351 1 year ago
Quoted from joolsvstheworld:

It just seemed to make sense… I’ve seen tesla towers and Jet Jaguars in this spot, but Gigan is my ramp guy
[quoted image]

I just ordered the same Gigan model, I'm also wondering if there's room for a King Ghidorah to the left of the ramp standing above the spinner... Might be a tight fit.

#3352 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Just did a little more roof work. I already had the straight down the middle roof mod, added the crown to the building I think it's from mezzle mods but not sure, received it as a gift. Originally modeled in a dark blue but I did a repaint.
[quoted image][quoted image]

anyone know where to buy the building crown pictured in post #3265? I didn't see it on meezle mods site.

#3353 1 year ago
Quoted from fanofpinball:

anyone know where to buy the building crown pictured in post #3265? I didn't see it on meezle mods site.

I think this was one of their earlier offerings for this machine. If you don't see it listed, reach out to them and reference this mod specifically. You may be able to get just the crown. Original mod came with rooftop air conditioning units.

#3354 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I just ordered the same Gigan model, I'm also wondering if there's room for a King Ghidorah to the left of the ramp standing above the spinner... Might be a tight fit.

Good call - I’m holding on for an Ebirah or Titanosaurus figure for this spot, but they aren’t as easy or cheap to come by!

#3355 1 year ago

Has anyone put the pro Translite in the Premium

If so can they post a picture so I can decide if I like it better.

Thanks

#3356 1 year ago
610E0F08-10F8-4E4A-8FBD-F2992AEE7BA5 (resized).jpeg610E0F08-10F8-4E4A-8FBD-F2992AEE7BA5 (resized).jpeg
#3357 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Thanks

the Premium is the most beautiful , by far!

#3358 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Thanks

Premium looks better in person when you're in the room with it. I was thinking I'd be ordering a different translite for my game but after getting it home and powering on I love how it looks. YMMV.

#3359 1 year ago

Stern should retire GZ builds right now before most spend they’re next nib funds on mods for it .I know I am

#3360 1 year ago

I have some GZ mods I had ordered and have left after modding my GZ.

All brand new. Unopened. Mint.

If anyone is interested DM me.

1. GZ Mini figures Box set - $150
2. Neca GZ KOM - $80
3. Neca GZ 1954 - $80
4. Japanese Jet - $35
5. Mazer Cannon Set - $220

Cheers.

0269220E-3446-4A7D-A6B9-F3D8E9E1A1C5 (resized).jpeg0269220E-3446-4A7D-A6B9-F3D8E9E1A1C5 (resized).jpeg24CE7C41-9207-4977-9CA5-87654AE0866C (resized).jpeg24CE7C41-9207-4977-9CA5-87654AE0866C (resized).jpeg27D354A5-E314-4157-A2A8-FB46D71CFCB9 (resized).jpeg27D354A5-E314-4157-A2A8-FB46D71CFCB9 (resized).jpeg49C6E27E-C77D-4670-9376-06775F67675A (resized).jpeg49C6E27E-C77D-4670-9376-06775F67675A (resized).jpeg95594A53-4BE5-4767-8782-9FC2151F8883 (resized).jpeg95594A53-4BE5-4767-8782-9FC2151F8883 (resized).jpeg9857E18A-FCE4-4C90-BD1F-20F4DB2094AF (resized).jpeg9857E18A-FCE4-4C90-BD1F-20F4DB2094AF (resized).jpegCE8D0482-ED48-4D54-AB54-19BB433FAA58 (resized).jpegCE8D0482-ED48-4D54-AB54-19BB433FAA58 (resized).jpegD6838E52-991B-495C-9637-39FDD8F0A1A9 (resized).jpegD6838E52-991B-495C-9637-39FDD8F0A1A9 (resized).jpegD9D3BAF1-386A-4B6B-9E7F-B45C2F3921EF (resized).jpegD9D3BAF1-386A-4B6B-9E7F-B45C2F3921EF (resized).jpegED0616CC-7AC7-4E18-AB72-85608B4BF7E9 (resized).jpegED0616CC-7AC7-4E18-AB72-85608B4BF7E9 (resized).jpeg
#3361 1 year ago

I'm surprised I'm not seeing anyone putting the tv screen mods in their games. It's probably my next purchase but I'm trying to figure out where it's going to be.

#3362 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I'm surprised I'm not seeing anyone putting the tv screen mods in their games. It's probably my next purchase but I'm trying to figure out where it's going to be.

Not a fan for godzilla. Twilight zone it fits the theme but godzilla it's Ike why is there a mint condition TV playing Netflix sitting on the curb in this destroyed city?

#3363 1 year ago

Yeah, I do like the TV mod for games like Twilight Zone, but Godzilla already plays movie clips on the LCD screen. Just my opinion.

#3364 1 year ago

Anyone else having an issue with the Godzilla Stern pshooter rod? After installing, the eclip (I believe) was hitting the autolauncher. I put a couple of washers on the outside of the plate and that seems to have fixed the autolauncher being hit (although now the plate isn't flush which is annoying....). But it still struggles to get around MechaGodzilla, and doesn't get anywhere close to the left flipper.

Anyone else either of these issues? Should I put on a stronger spring (it's green now) or is there something else I should look at?

Kind of crazy that the official Stern shooter has these issues ar this price point....

#3365 1 year ago

I made one recently.

#3366 1 year ago

What’s a good bet to add a pulsating backlight LED strip behind my Premium translite breath? Has anyone bought something and can recommend?

#3367 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

What’s a good bet to add a pulsating backlight LED strip behind my Premium translite breath? Has anyone bought something and can recommend?

Here’s our version, it’s a color changing light for his breath with pulsating color where there is fire/explosions.

#3368 1 year ago

Are you talking about the Sparky mod? I've got it mounted... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/57#post-7160483

#3369 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Here’s our version, it’s a color changing light for his breath with pulsating color where there is fire/explosions.

The effect is too subtle. You have to really look for it to know it's there.

It'd be better if the effect could draw your attention. Perhaps super bright led flashers rapidly firing chaotically.

The glass may just be too opaque.

#3370 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Look at the CoinTaker version.

#3371 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Davey (stumblor) has an upcoming kit that will include an LED strip for Godzilla's breath on the translite. His stuff is amazing but there might be a bit of a wait given the signup list. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-lolly-ufo-mod-kit

#3372 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Davey has an upcoming kit that will include an LED strip for Godzilla's breath on the translite. His stuff is amazing but there might be a bit of a wait given the signup list. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-lolly-ufo-mod-kit

I’ve seen the protos and its the best solution and it’s not even close.

#3373 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

The effect is too subtle. You have to really look for it to know it's there.
It'd be better if the effect could draw your attention. Perhaps super bright led flashers rapidly firing chaotically.
The glass may just be too opaque.

It’s not quite as subtle in person as the camera shows, but the ones that are super active/bright can be distracting during game play. We design ours more to bring out the details in the translights. Cointaker has a nice one with a lot of effects, they do good work.

#3374 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Anyone else having an issue with the Godzilla Stern pshooter rod? After installing, the eclip (I believe) was hitting the autolauncher. I put a couple of washers on the outside of the plate and that seems to have fixed the autolauncher being hit (although now the plate isn't flush which is annoying....). But it still struggles to get around MechaGodzilla, and doesn't get anywhere close to the left flipper.
Anyone else either of these issues? Should I put on a stronger spring (it's green now) or is there something else I should look at?
Kind of crazy that the official Stern shooter has these issues ar this price point....

Changed the spring to purple and it seems to work better now. Weird that I need washers and spring to make it work but what can you do.

#3375 1 year ago

I must be looking in the wrong places but is the burning building speaker led kit still available and where from please

thank you

#3376 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

I must be looking in the wrong places but is the burning building speaker led kit still available and where from please
thank you

I got mine from Coin Taker

#3377 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

thank you

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-14.html

Flamin' Frames, Godzilla Cityscape acrylic and plastic canvas is what I use on my Godzilla.

#3378 1 year ago
Quoted from mtopol01:

I got mine from Coin Taker

thanks this looks good... thanks

Quoted from awesome1:

Flamin' Frames, Godzilla Cityscape acrylic and plastic canvas is what I use on my Godzilla.

found the flames but not the city scape...

#3379 1 year ago

New shooter knob sticker from www.teppinball.com ! Do you know who these 2 women are? I cheated and found the answer for you on google !
"The Shobijin (小美人, Shobijin, lit. Small beauties) are two tiny priestesses or fairies created by Toho that first appeared in the 1961 film, Mothra"

This sticker came included when i got my Godzilla topper. I do not think it is for sale on its own.

I have made some short vids on my instagram. I will try to post you more photo of this awesome topper!
Ps: my ig is the same as my pinside name a_frenchman_in_pinball

20221130_224726-01 (resized).jpeg20221130_224726-01 (resized).jpeg
#3380 1 year ago

swinks

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Acrylic-Designs.html

Scroll down to Godzilla

Quoted from swinks:

thanks this looks good... thanks

found the flames but not the city scape...

#3381 1 year ago

I've sold quite a few for Godzilla. Not everyone posts pics.

#3382 1 year ago

thank you - that makes more sense,

is there diagram of the assembly as do not have godzilla yet but wondering how this all assembles

#3383 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I've sold quite a few for Godzilla. Not everyone posts pics.

Yeah, just wondering where people are mounting them.

#3384 1 year ago

COINTAKER: $145.95

VS

SPEAKERLIGHTKITS.COM: $120.00

#3385 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

COINTAKER: $145.95
VS
SPEAKERLIGHTKITS.COM: $120.00

Always loved your products doug.

Hopefully, my canadian order ships soon

#3386 1 year ago

Thanks DugFreez , sent you a pm

#3387 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Forgot to add the gif I made after I first installed the Flamin' frames... Love these!

Godzilla-Premium-Pinball-Flamin-Frames-Speaker-Lights_ (awesome1).gifGodzilla-Premium-Pinball-Flamin-Frames-Speaker-Lights_ (awesome1).gif
#3388 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Forgot to add the gif I made after I first installed the Flamin' frames... Love these![quoted image]

looks great

#3389 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It’s not quite as subtle in person as the camera shows, but the ones that are super active/bright can be distracting during game play. We design ours more to bring out the details in the translights. Cointaker has a nice one with a lot of effects, they do good work.

Too bad it’s $325 from cointaker. Pricey but had one for my Guardians pro. Seems expensive for four bolts, wing nuts, washers, and 1/4” foam board.

#3390 1 year ago

Highly recommend speakerlightkits.com’s. So worth the wait

#3391 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Too bad it’s $325 from cointaker. Pricey but had one for my Guardians pro. Seems expensive for four bolts, wing nuts, washers, and 1/4” foam board.

I can tell you these things are very labor intensive. Materials are not what makes the price high. If you can make it yourself, you'll save money.

#3392 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone looking to add a custom aluminum Pro or Premium edition number plate to their Godzilla, PM for details. I recommend the last four digits of the serial number.
Cost is $20US plus $5 shipping in US. Order 2 plates, and shipping is free. Can design for any game. Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Custom premium edition plate for a fellow pinsider. Available for Pro or Premium or any custom wording you prefer. 1.5 x 6 1/8 inch size available to cover the Insider Connect sticker. Thanks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1448-pin-music-plus/07417-godzilla-custom-edition-numbered-plate-

C7C79F76-6CEA-459E-B329-226AE54117FA (resized).pngC7C79F76-6CEA-459E-B329-226AE54117FA (resized).png

#3393 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

thank you

Another great option for flaming speaker light kits; https://www.mythpinball.com/product-category/speaker-light-kits/

#3394 1 year ago

I had a few minutes so I did the swap to change the white pop bumper base, body and skirt to clear. I hadn't changed parts like this out before so some notes for others in the same boat:

The existing flat art/dome saucer comes off with the obvious two top screws. When the factory saucer is removed, you'll see the parts you're going to replace:

IMG_1012 (resized).jpgIMG_1012 (resized).jpg

There's a small RGB LED board in the bottom of the body, it's held in place with sticky tape. It can be removed by gently pulling up on the board with a pick or a small flat screwdriver. The four wires from the RGB board fish down through the playfield through holes in the pop bumper body/base. You can refer to the owner's manual / parts list for a visual on how this works.

IMG_1006 (resized).jpgIMG_1006 (resized).jpg

Under the playfield, there's a junction strip where the supply wires meet with the four wires from the Pop Bumper RGB board:

IMG_1004 (resized).JPGIMG_1004 (resized).JPG

I unscrewed this board and moved it over to the outer screw to make it easier to fiddle with the wires when de-soldering/re-soldering. Once you de-solder the four RGB wires, you can remove the three white parts and the RGB board from the playfield.

It's been mentioned earlier in the thread but the tip of the skirt has a tip that is approx. 2mm longer than the factory piece. You'll need to trim this back and soften the edges for it to work properly. You can get close and then adjust the gap at the leaf switch when you're done.

IMG_1010 (resized).jpgIMG_1010 (resized).jpg

With the three clear pieces (and trimmed skirt post) in position it looks like this, much cleaner than the white parts:

IMG_1014 (resized).jpgIMG_1014 (resized).jpg

From there, it's basically reversing the process. Fish the RGB LED wires back through the tiny holes and through the playfield and re-solder them to the posts. Someone earlier on suggested notes and photos - I AGREE! Pics of things as you go can make your life much easier when you are on the way back togther. Secure the RGB LED into the new clear body, I ended up adding another layer of double-stick tape as the screw heads holding the body to the playfield were not flush like they sit in the factory pop bumper body.

Another note: If you look back up at the OEM white pop bumper body, you can see some notches in the top edge. Those provide a gap for the OEM saucer body as it has a "dogbone" with rivets that hold the dome to the flat printed plastic on the underside. You can file down the clear pop bumper body to make clearance or add a washer under each side to make a gap for the dogbone.

When it's done, the look is much cleaner, even with the factory saucer. Now I have to use my best patience for a Sleal16 saucer next time he makes a batch! If anyone has a Sleal they didn't end up using, please let me know!

IMG_1015 2 (resized).jpgIMG_1015 2 (resized).jpg

With the clear parts it looks great lit up, and has a nice glow to it, contributing to the visual that the saucer is "floating" on the playfield. Great mod, thanks to Zitt for guidance and the parts and others for sharing their info earlier in the thread!

IMG_1016 2 (resized).jpgIMG_1016 2 (resized).jpg

Added 16 months ago:

For folks looking for the parts to do this mod, you can find the details from Zitt here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/259#post-7048865

#3395 1 year ago

So worth it, and without the months long wait.

#3396 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

I had a few minutes so I did the swap to change the white pop bumper base, body and skirt to clear. I hadn't changed parts like this out before so some notes for others in the same boat:
The existing flat art/dome saucer comes off with the obvious two top screws. When the factory saucer is removed, you'll see the parts you're going to replace:
[quoted image]
There's a small RGB LED board in the bottom of the body, it's held in place with sticky tape. It can be removed by gently pulling up on the board with a pick or a small flat screwdriver. The four wires from the RGB board fish down through the playfield through holes in the pop bumper body/base. You can refer to the owner's manual / parts list for a visual on how this works.
[quoted image]
Under the playfield, there's a junction strip where the supply wires meet with the four wires from the Pop Bumper RGB board:
[quoted image]
I unscrewed this board and moved it over to the outer screw to make it easier to fiddle with the wires when de-soldering/re-soldering. Once you de-solder the four RGB wires, you can remove the three white parts and the RGB board from the playfield.
It's been mentioned earlier in the thread but the tip of the skirt has a tip that is approx. 2mm longer than the factory piece. You'll need to trim this back and soften the edges for it to work properly. You can get close and then adjust the gap at the leaf switch when you're done.
[quoted image]
With the three clear pieces (and trimmed skirt post) in position it looks like this, much cleaner than the white parts:
[quoted image]
From there, it's basically reversing the process. Fish the RGB LED wires back through the tiny holes and through the playfield and re-solder them to the posts. Someone earlier on suggested notes and photos - I AGREE! Pics of things as you go can make your life much easier when you are on the way back togther. Secure the RGB LED into the new clear body, I ended up adding another layer of double-stick tape as the screw heads holding the body to the playfield were not flush like they sit in the factory pop bumper body.
Another note: If you look back up at the OEM white pop bumper body, you can see some notches in the top edge. Those provide a gap for the OEM saucer body as it has a "dogbone" with rivets that hold the dome to the flat printed plastic on the underside. You can file down the clear pop bumper body to make clearance or add a washer under each side to make a gap for the dogbone.
When it's done, the look is much cleaner, even with the factory saucer. Now I have to use my best patience for a Sleal16 saucer next time he makes a batch! If anyone has a Sleal they didn't end up using, please let me know!
[quoted image]
With the clear parts it looks great lit up, and has a nice glow to it, contributing to the visual that the saucer is "floating" on the playfield. Great mod, thanks to Zitt for guidance and the parts and others for sharing their info earlier in the thread!
[quoted image]

Thank you for this! Now I need to find a clear bumper that won't kill me with shipping

#3397 1 year ago
Quoted from Grimstead:

Thank you for this! Now I need to find a clear bumper that won't kill me with shipping

$6.52 in parts and $7.98 in shipping for me. It was packaged properly in a box with packing material (not in a bag as small stuff often ships) and well worth the total $14.50 to me for the visual improvement, even with the OEM saucer.

#3398 1 year ago
Quoted from Grimstead:

Order a bunch. They make great upgrades for nearly any game, especially if you need to refurbish a routed-game. Shipping cost is fixed; they’re a bargain for what they are.

#3399 1 year ago

Have four Godzillas with lit trains in stock. We are also offering an option to buy the trains only and not the Godzilla. The trains only version, which is cheaper, will still come with all the wiring needed to power them. You will just need to mount the trains in your own Godzilla.

https://lermods.com/shop-by-game/ols/products/godzilla-pinball-interactive-godzilla-with-trains

17854D45-A731-499E-A5FD-9657A80E061C (resized).jpeg17854D45-A731-499E-A5FD-9657A80E061C (resized).jpeg
#3400 1 year ago

Oxygen destroyer mod installed. The install was frustrating AF with the tiny wires breaking off and having to be resoldered, but I got it done. The effect is very cool!

15C039FA-FFD3-4741-947D-E0BC9F3A85E0 (resized).jpeg15C039FA-FFD3-4741-947D-E0BC9F3A85E0 (resized).jpeg3ED4FA64-64FF-4859-A24D-C5357FEE1737 (resized).jpeg3ED4FA64-64FF-4859-A24D-C5357FEE1737 (resized).jpegA8E6A14E-A671-4F25-8A85-4D14033C86D2 (resized).jpegA8E6A14E-A671-4F25-8A85-4D14033C86D2 (resized).jpegE79C58B4-FE55-47E9-9878-7BA85928F3DB (resized).jpegE79C58B4-FE55-47E9-9878-7BA85928F3DB (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

There are 5,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 106.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/68?hl=stumblor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.