IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg
There are 5,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 106.
#3251 1 year ago

I'm curious, seem like some mods that tap into existing LEDs and/or switches use a splitter cable at an existing jack; are these splitter harnesses custom made by purchasing the necessary molex connectors and other parts? Or can they be purchased pre-made depending on the jack size, number of wires, gauge, etc?

#3252 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I'm curious, seem like some mods that tap into existing LEDs and/or switches use a splitter cable at an existing jack; are these splitter harnesses custom made by purchasing the necessary molex connectors and other parts? Or can they be purchased pre-made depending on the jack size, number of wires, gauge, etc?

You mean like this?

https://lermods.com/shop-by-game/ols/products/4-way-stern-spike-splitter

#3253 1 year ago

Just be aware that splitter is 12v only. There are a lot of light up mods that require 5v.

#3254 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Just be aware that splitter is 12v only. There are a lot of light up mods that require 5v.

That's correct. We don't offer a stock 5v splitter, most can tap off GI. If you need constant 5v, it's available at the coindoor. That's where a splitter would be needed if you had multiple 5v mods needing constant power. Like I said, we don't offer one, but we can make them if there is demand.

#3255 1 year ago

I was thinking more like a Y splitter for these types of jacks:

Screenshot 2022-11-18 170037 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-11-18 170037 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-11-18 170428 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-11-18 170428 (resized).png
#3256 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I was thinking more like a Y splitter for these types of jacks:
[quoted image][quoted image]

I think you'll find it harder to get a splitter for something like that. Not many modders are going to buy bulk connectors like that because they are less common for the type of mods being made. We tend to buy the more common ones that draw power from the boards or maybe even the flashers that can be used in multiple locations across different games.

#3257 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Trains are sold out, hope to have another batch in a few weeks. Still have a handful of Oxygen Destroyers remaining.

Do you sell the trains separately? I have one of the zillas already installed and would love to add the trains

#3258 1 year ago

20221118_213837 (resized).jpg20221118_213837 (resized).jpg

Aaaaaand Hedorah joins the team for the one year anniversary of getting my GZ. This is my last planned mod to this machine. It's been a hell of a year.

#3259 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Do you sell the trains separately? I have one of the zillas already installed and would love to add the trains

We can offer them separately.

#3260 1 year ago

After a lot of drama in this thread, this Pinball life upgrade for the Kenwoods with led rings is pretty worthwhile for the money.

Still considering a flame kit, but sound improved and a nice effect from the led effect for a lot less...

20221118_220054 (resized).jpg20221118_220054 (resized).jpg

#3261 1 year ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

After a lot of drama in this thread, this Pinball life upgrade for the Kenwoods with led rings is pretty worthwhile for the money.
Still considering a flame kit, but sound improved and a nice effect from the led effect for a lot less...
[quoted image]

I did the Kenwood speaker kit with the color rings also but I liked the burning building mod so I added that and disabled the color rings. Was able to keep the Kenwoods with better sound and prefer the burning building look.

#3262 1 year ago

Start Button, Shooter Rod and little things

20221119_153927 (resized).jpg20221119_153927 (resized).jpg

#3263 1 year ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

Start Button, Shooter Rod and little things
[quoted image]

Nice touch on the LE model

#3264 1 year ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

[quoted image]

I got the same one for my Deadpool. Awesome deal

#3265 1 year ago

Just did a little more roof work. I already had the straight down the middle roof mod, added the crown to the building I think it's from mezzle mods but not sure, received it as a gift. Originally modeled in a dark blue but I did a repaint.

IMG_20221118_182323329 (resized).jpgIMG_20221118_182323329 (resized).jpgIMG_20221118_182418173 (resized).jpgIMG_20221118_182418173 (resized).jpg
#3266 1 year ago

As a big fan of powerbladez I added a set to my godzilla. However, to make that animation more special I'd only like it to fire up when the red GI is active.

Does anyone know how to hack that inverter box to turn it on and off without having to control the 120v input? I can't seem to find a relay to tackle the 120v on/off with a low voltage trigger such as the GI.

Below is what it would look like with the red GI. The best part is the begining flames animation.

#3267 1 year ago

There are some great mods for Godzilla that you all have created. I copied some of your ideas and 3D printed them. Love the clear base on the pop bumper. I didn't see any of the saucer with the 3 bulbs on the bottom so I made my own (lights interact with pop bumper). I loved the sign with the Japanese characters and copied the one that is out there and made one to match for the backwall (lights interact with playfield arrow). They all look better from a distance. ha ha The only thing that I have left to make is the oxygen destroyer. Thanks for the inspiration.

IMG_5535 (resized).jpegIMG_5535 (resized).jpegIMG_5552 (resized).jpegIMG_5552 (resized).jpegIMG_5540 (resized).jpegIMG_5540 (resized).jpegIMG_5543 (resized).jpegIMG_5543 (resized).jpegIMG_5533 (resized).jpegIMG_5533 (resized).jpeg
#3268 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I can't seem to find a relay to tackle the 120v on/off with a low voltage trigger such as the GI.

I’ve used SSR (solid state relays) to control 120v circuits using low-power control lines. I’m not sure if they’ll work in this application, but here a link: https://www.amazon.com/Twidec-Output-Single-24-480V-SSR-80DA/dp/B07P8DMZD6/ref=sr_1_16

#3269 1 year ago
Quoted from sandro:

I’ve used SSR (solid state relays) to control 120v circuits using low-power control lines. I’m not sure if they’ll work in this application, but here a link: amazon.com link »

I can probably make that work. Thanks for the link.

#3270 1 year ago

I made a UFO mod to sit on top of the pop bumper. I CAD modeled the UFO to look like the UFO on the Godzilla playfield with windows to allow the pop bumper light to shine through both the multiple side windows and top circular opening. I filled in the 3d printed grooves with body filler putty, painted with silver metallic paint and hand painted the black lines. I'd be glad to sell the 3D printed UFO (not painted) if anyone is interested. I can ship the UFO as 2 halves or glued if preferred. $50 shipped (domestic USA).

1 (resized).jpeg1 (resized).jpeg1b (resized).jpeg1b (resized).jpeg3 (resized).jpeg3 (resized).jpeg4 (resized).jpeg4 (resized).jpeg5 (resized).jpeg5 (resized).jpeg6 (resized).jpeg6 (resized).jpeg
#3271 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

As a big fan of powerbladez I added a set to my godzilla. However, to make that animation more special I'd only like it to fire up when the red GI is active.
Does anyone know how to hack that inverter box to turn it on and off without having to control the 120v input? I can't seem to find a relay to tackle the 120v on/off with a low voltage trigger such as the GI.
Below is what it would look like with the red GI. The best part is the begining flames animation.

Perhaps Pingraffix and Stumblor could work together to make it easier to adjust settings. Just a though.

#3272 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I've never seen them in person, but i'm guessing powerbladez use EL wire to create that effect? If so that would mean that the inverter box you're talking about is AC, so 120VAC - just to add to the complexity even more .

Looks like there's a couple of options. This opto/triac one looks decent

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/how-do-i-use-5vdc-to-switch-120vac.119977/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Further down are some discussion around solid state relays that would do the job also, like the S108T01F.

I did some lower level (6.8VAC) AC triggering on the Chase Echo using n-channel power mosfets, with two mosfets wired together to achieve trailing edge dimming. I have no idea if EL wire can be dimmed like that, but wouldn't it be great if powerbladez could get some nice fadey effects going.

#3273 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

I've never seen them in person, but i'm guessing powerbladez use EL wire to create that effect? If so that would mean that the inverter box you're talking about is AC, so 120VAC - just to add to the complexity even more .
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/how-do-i-use-5vdc-to-switch-120vac.119977/
[quoted image]
Further down are some discussion around solid state relays that would do the job also, like the S108T01F.
I did some lower level (6.8VAC) AC triggering on the Chase Echo using n-channel power mosfets, with two mosfets wired together to achieve trailing edge dimming. I have no idea if EL wire can be dimmed like that, but wouldn't it be great if powerbladez could get some nice fadey effects going.

Thanks for adding this.

Ken

#3274 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

[quoted image]

Actually, the inverter input is usually 12v DC for EL. So if the poster just wants to turn on/off the entire power blade, you probably need a simpler design by shutting down 12V through a transistor.

I've always been curious, it has to be EL panels, but how do they control the animation on these art blades? Are there multiple inverters, or just one?

#3275 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing that thread.

#3276 1 year ago

ABS like resin shooter rod I made. Its more cartoonish to match the appearance of the translite.

20221113_115400 (resized).jpg20221113_115400 (resized).jpg20221113_115404 (resized).jpg20221113_115404 (resized).jpg20221113_115409 (resized).jpg20221113_115409 (resized).jpg20221113_115432 (resized).jpg20221113_115432 (resized).jpg
#3277 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Actually, the inverter input is usually 12v DC for EL. So if the poster just wants to turn on/off the entire power blade, you probably need a simpler design by shutting down 12V through a transistor.
I've always been curious, it has to be EL panels, but how do they control the animation on these art blades? Are there multiple inverters, or just one?

Actually on godzilla I'd want to keep the animation in tact. The flame up sequence is pretty cool. Thats why im thinking a relay to just on/off the 120v input. As far as the inverter control box is concerned I have no idea what's under the hood. I've used El wire before in mods but never to the complexity of what pingraffix pulls off.

Thinking....would be kind of cool to trigger the left blade godzilla (located behind the godzilla toy) to turn on when the magnet is active. Wonder if Joe from pingraffix wouldn't mind sharing his ribbon pinout.

#3278 1 year ago

This was pretty cost effective and looks great as a replacement to the stock knob. I bought a secondary rod without a knob for another idea I've got, but for now, this is simple upgrade with a transluscent green and perfectly combined with the Godzilla scale shooter plate cover.

16691746535368229673337013055540 (resized).jpg16691746535368229673337013055540 (resized).jpg

#3279 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Actually on godzilla I'd want to keep the animation in tact. The flame up sequence is pretty cool. Thats why im thinking a relay to just on/off the 120v input. As far as the inverter control box is concerned I have no idea what's under the hood. I've used El wire before in mods but never to the complexity of what pingraffix pulls off.
Thinking....would be kind of cool to trigger the left blade godzilla (located behind the godzilla toy) to turn on when the magnet is active. Wonder if Joe from pingraffix wouldn't mind sharing his ribbon pinout.

Well, can you share pictures of what the wiring look like? I assume there's a control box, and a set of cables from this box to the El panels?

#3280 1 year ago

Got my new topper installed.
It's modelled off the radio tower from 1967 episode 5 13 minutes and 12 seconds. On screen for about 1 second.

Let me know what you think. If there's interest I could ship them...

16691954127571605220275907197376 (resized).jpg16691954127571605220275907197376 (resized).jpg
#3281 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Well, can you share pictures of what the wiring look like? I assume there's a control box, and a set of cables from this box to the El panels?

I have not installed my Godzilla Powebladez yet, I can open mine up if you want, if you already have yours installed.

Ken

#3282 1 year ago

Which is the best LED flame kit for the speakers. I see myth and cointaker both have them. Are they the same or does it matter which?

#3283 1 year ago
Quoted from Alansavicki:

Which is the best LED flame kit for the speakers. I see myth and cointaker both have them. Are they the same or does it matter which?

SpeakerLightKits.com has the best

#3284 1 year ago

Speakerlightkit.com for sure

Quoted from Alansavicki:

#3285 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

SpeakerLightKits.com has the best

Quoted from Days:

Speakerlightkit.com for sure

The peer pressure was too much, I just placed my order.

#3286 1 year ago
Quoted from Alansavicki:

I've got Myth ledkit with Doug's cityscape. Superhappy with it.

#3287 1 year ago

Just had to shoot a fly through.

#3288 1 year ago

Another vote for speakerlightkits.com Doug’s are well worth the wait in my opinion.

Quoted from Alansavicki:

#3289 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Just had to shoot a fly through.

Where did you get your GZ figure with the lighted atomic breath?

#3290 1 year ago

Just finished my flying saucer mod. Used a lit fan motor to make it spin and light up. It is activated and powered through my topper. Also dialed in my topper.

#3291 1 year ago

Nice work, both editions look fantastic. Really curious about the mechanics of that saucer.

#3292 1 year ago

Forgot to mention that I used Sleal's saucer. I'll add more info Friday. Need to get the turkey ready. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

#3293 1 year ago
Quoted from Alansavicki:

Super happy with my Myth setup.

#3294 1 year ago
Quoted from Had:

The peer pressure was too much, I just placed my order.

Don't forget the cityscape in the acrylic accessories

#3295 1 year ago

I was just contemplating switching up my GI to Comet Sunlight - and in the process was thinking I should add some spots and maybe some strips. Anyone using a strip to light up the lower PF via the trough?

The art is so nice on this game I think it’s time to brighten it up a bit.

#3296 1 year ago

Who sells this shooter housing decal? I'm not finding it, but think it would look great on my LE with the egg shooter.

4f844942f5750ddf77ee2c70b7060f6921e0e212 (resized).jpg4f844942f5750ddf77ee2c70b7060f6921e0e212 (resized).jpg
#3297 1 year ago

Great info in here

#3298 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I've got Myth ledkit with Doug's cityscape. Superhappy with it.

Nice! Where do you get inneractive side art pieces?

#3299 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Who sells this shooter housing decal? I'm not finding it, but think it would look great on my LE with the egg shooter.
[quoted image]

The sticker comes with the Stern shooter rod. I don’t believe it is sold separately.

#3300 1 year ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

The sticker comes with the Stern shooter rod. I don’t believe it is sold separately.

Ah…perfect. I just ordered the factory Stern shooter rod. Thanks for clarifying

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 5,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 106.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.