IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg
There are 5,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 106.
#3101 1 year ago

Thanks for the pop bumper advice, will wait on that but did a Gojiraa mod - quick and easy,

633DA6F5-CDB6-4A4C-BA52-D19E2F4A4011 (resized).jpeg633DA6F5-CDB6-4A4C-BA52-D19E2F4A4011 (resized).jpeg
#3102 1 year ago

That looks nice, really like the scale of that piece.

#3103 1 year ago

Hello, looking for some feedback about GODZILLA PINBALL BACKBOARD SKYLINE ILLUMINATION from coin taker.
Who has that mod? Happy about it? Installation diffculty? Thx

#3104 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

You will have to shave the top down a bit because the clear one is longer than stock.

No need to shave the bumper skirt. Just adjust the contacts under the pop bumper. I worked fine for me. Easy.

#3105 1 year ago
Quoted from frenchman:

Hello, looking for some feedback about GODZILLA PINBALL BACKBOARD SKYLINE ILLUMINATION from coin taker.

Hmmm, I don’t see a skyline mod on cointaker’s website, have a link? We have one that interacts with the red gi. https://lermods.com/shop-by-game/ols/products/godzilla-pinball-interactive-gi-led-strip-backboard-light-kit

#3106 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Angle’d bracket with sign lit
Big difference IMO
[quoted image]

Anyone able to tell me how i remove this light so i can re-attach to the new piece?

GZ (resized).jpgGZ (resized).jpg
#3107 1 year ago
Quoted from frenchman:

I have the one from Mezel Mods, they are all very similar. They are easy to install and YES, they make a hell of a difference. I have mine in dark blue and it is beautiful.

#3108 1 year ago
Quoted from Hershy:

Anyone able to tell me how i remove this light so i can re-attach to the new piece?
[quoted image]

Drill and re- rivet. Small bolt and nut will work, if it doesn't interfere or look too bad.

#3109 1 year ago

I just received and installed my Abe flips shooter Lane fix from Lermods and I have to say, wow! What an improvement. All shots out of the shooter Lane are smooth as silk and very consistent. Two thumbs up!

#3110 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I just received and installed my Abe flips shooter Lane fix from Lermods and I have to say, wow! What an improvement. All shots out of the shooter Lane are smooth as silk and very consistent. Two thumbs up!

Completely agree. I installed it last night and it completely resolved the inconsistent manual plunge issues!

#3111 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Angle’d bracket with sign lit
Big difference IMO
[quoted image]

If anyone without a printer would like the actual printed part I will send "2" , one flat and one angle for 20 shipped as I have had a bunch of requests for them.

Its a real shame ..... I actually gave Mezel my STLs to include with the sign. their response was it was not needed.

#3112 1 year ago

Had a request for shorter extension arm.
Posting for those interested.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3113 1 year ago

I'm using cn6 in the backbox to power up some undercab LED lights. Monday I'm getting some speaker lights and both are at about one amp each. I want to be careful that I don't overload that circuit. Can I use cn11 on node board 1 for the undercab LED lights.

#3114 1 year ago

I'm launching my newest mod today for the Godzilla Pro edition, it adds 4 elements of action to the previously static main building, a rocking Drake sign, shaking UFO, jumping rubble piles and interactive lighting, you can see a video of it in action here -

I've also done a sculpted topper and UFO bumper that is currently available on my etsy page - https://www.etsy.com/shop/GorbysCreatureShop
20221104_204644 (resized).jpg20221104_204644 (resized).jpg20221104_204731 (resized).jpg20221104_204731 (resized).jpg20221104_204742 (resized).jpg20221104_204742 (resized).jpg20221104_224214 (resized).jpg20221104_224214 (resized).jpg20221104_231917 (resized).jpg20221104_231917 (resized).jpg

#3115 1 year ago

Extremely impressive mod! The lighting is very well balanced. Kind of an “Earth vs the flying saucers” vibe

#3116 1 year ago

Really amazing work, it's mods like these that make me wish sometimes I had a pro instead of a premium.Truly stunning!

#3117 1 year ago

Haha love it! Great work @RaidenGorby. That UFO embedded in the side of the building is stone cold genius, and having mechanical movement is the icing on the cake. Nice work.

#3118 1 year ago
Quoted from RaidenGorby:

I'm launching my newest mod today for the Godzilla Pro edition, it adds 4 elements of action to the previously static main building, a rocking Drake sign, shaking UFO, jumping rubble piles and interactive lighting, you can see a video of it in action here - I've also done a sculpted topper and UFO bumper that is currently available on my etsy page - https://www.etsy.com/shop/GorbysCreatureShop
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome job! Very detailed !

#3119 1 year ago
Quoted from RaidenGorby:

I'm launching my newest mod today for the Godzilla Pro edition, it adds 4 elements of action to the previously static main building, a rocking Drake sign, shaking UFO, jumping rubble piles and interactive lighting, you can see a video of it in action here - I've also done a sculpted topper and UFO bumper that is currently available on my etsy page - https://www.etsy.com/shop/GorbysCreatureShop
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If I had a pro your mod would be on it. Nice work.

#3120 1 year ago

The quantity and quality of the mods for this game is amazing. And they just keep coming...

I got the Speakerlightkit flame mod the other day and also put on the really nice Sparky topper with lighting from Mezel. Who knows when Stern will get around to putting out a topper for this game? By the time it comes out, the game might be gone for all I know at this point. This is a great topper for the price and the flaming speakers certainly take things to another level also.

20221106_075752 (resized).jpg20221106_075752 (resized).jpg
#3121 1 year ago

Anyone looking to add a custom aluminum Pro or Premium edition number plate to their Godzilla, PM for details. I recommend the last four digits of the serial number.

Cost is $20US plus $5 shipping in US. Order 2 plates, and shipping is free. Can design for any game. Thanks.

5A91583C-BED9-4FB4-929F-8345C827F583 (resized).jpeg5A91583C-BED9-4FB4-929F-8345C827F583 (resized).jpegBFB6B996-8845-453E-9621-E18960A7B0D9 (resized).jpegBFB6B996-8845-453E-9621-E18960A7B0D9 (resized).jpeg

#3122 1 year ago

It still amazes me how much something so cheap and simple as t-molding can make the game look so much better. I'm not sure why Stern puts black on so many games since there is no cost difference between colors. I think orange looks pretty good for Godzilla.

IMG_20221106_183955614_PORTRAIT (resized).jpgIMG_20221106_183955614_PORTRAIT (resized).jpg
#3123 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone looking to add a custom aluminum Pro or Premium edition number plate to their Godzilla, PM for details. I recommend the last four digits of the serial number.
Cost is $20US plus $5 shipping in US. Order 2 plates, and shipping is free. Can design for any game. Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ordered for metallica, can't wait!

#3124 1 year ago
Quoted from Hershy:

[quoted image]

Hershey, can you (or anyone) tell me how you mount your figures (like the Xilliens, etc) so they are firmly attached?
Thanks!!

#3125 1 year ago

Finally finished my apron lcd mod for Godzilla pro. Turned out nice and is run off of a raspberry pi zero.

#3126 1 year ago
Quoted from awassig:Finally finished my apron lcd mod for Godzilla pro. Turned out nice and is run off of a raspberry pi zero.

That's awesome! I'd love to be able to do that. Any chance you could email me and tell me how to do that??

#3127 1 year ago
Quoted from awassig:

Finally finished my apron lcd mod for Godzilla pro. Turned out nice and is run off of a raspberry pi zero.

Pretty nice! What size screen ?

#3128 1 year ago

"Something BIG is about to happen!"

Hey All! Ive been making mods for TMNT for the past few months and got a Godzilla that Im going to be making mods for. Looks like there are a lot of building mods but not a ton of monster mods. So most of my efforts are going to be dedicated to making monster sculpts. The first two will be Godzilla and Mothra. Started working on the sculpt for Godzilla and hes still really early but Im going for a version that matches the playfield artwork so that he blends in nicely with the art that Zombie Yeti did. Here is a very early WIP shot. Havent decided on his pose yet or what he will be doing/holding but he is coming along. Once finished he will be hand painted and I may also him have some sort of lighting feature. Stay tuned and pm me if you would be interested. If there is enough interest I will start a separate post so you all can see progress and get notified when hes ready to go on sale. Thanks

Godzilla_1 (resized).pngGodzilla_1 (resized).png
#3129 1 year ago

20221107_215228 (resized).jpg20221107_215228 (resized).jpg

The Colossus of Rodan, standing watch over the center spinner. Hehehe

#3130 1 year ago
Quoted from mmarino123:

Hershey, can you (or anyone) tell me how you mount your figures (like the Xilliens, etc) so they are firmly attached?
Thanks!!

I’ve used double sided tape that has worked fairly well except for Ghidorah who comes off occasionally. When I get a few mods I’ve ordered I plan to take my time to get it better situated on the playfield.

#3131 1 year ago
Quoted from Joshhardy23:

Hey All! Ive been making mods for TMNT for the past few months and got a Godzilla that Im going to be making mods for. Looks like there are a lot of building mods but not a ton of monster mods. So most of my efforts are going to be dedicated to making monster sculpts. The first two will be Godzilla and Mothra. Started working on the sculpt for Godzilla and hes still really early but Im going for a version that matches the playfield artwork so that he blends in nicely with the art that Zombie Yeti did. Here is a very early WIP shot. Havent decided on his pose yet or what he will be doing/holding but he is coming along. Once finished he will be hand painted and I may also him have some sort of lighting feature. Stay tuned and pm me if you would be interested. If there is enough interest I will start a separate post so you all can see progress and get notified when hes ready to go on sale. Thanks[quoted image]

Interested for sure!

#3132 1 year ago

PM sent

Quoted from Joshhardy23:

Hey All! Ive been making mods for TMNT for the past few months and got a Godzilla that Im going to be making mods for. Looks like there are a lot of building mods but not a ton of monster mods. So most of my efforts are going to be dedicated to making monster sculpts. The first two will be Godzilla and Mothra. Started working on the sculpt for Godzilla and hes still really early but Im going for a version that matches the playfield artwork so that he blends in nicely with the art that Zombie Yeti did. Here is a very early WIP shot. Havent decided on his pose yet or what he will be doing/holding but he is coming along. Once finished he will be hand painted and I may also him have some sort of lighting feature. Stay tuned and pm me if you would be interested. If there is enough interest I will start a separate post so you all can see progress and get notified when hes ready to go on sale. Thanks[quoted image]

#3133 1 year ago

A while ago I was asked to show this...

Overview of how I made Doug's flaming led kit turn on and off with the GI

Overview

Demo

Stability wise. Every once and a while the led animation freezes. Very rare. Resolves with the next GI state change. I take no responsibility if the kit gets damaged as I'm a novice modder. Your on your own.

Optocoupler
ebay.com link: itm

#3134 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

A while ago I was asked to show this...
Overview of how I made Doug's flaming led kit turn on and off with the GI
Overview
Demo
Stability wise. Every once and a while the led animation freezes. Very rare. Resolves with the next GI state change. I take no responsibility if the kit gets damaged as I'm a novice modder. Your on your own.

It's +5vdc.....and where is this link that you mention posting for the relay thing? I didn't see it on the YouTube video page.

#3135 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

It's +5vdc.....and where is this link that you mention posting for the relay thing? I didn't see it on the YouTube video page.

Good catch. I forgot to post that. I think they might be on Amazon too.

#3136 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Good catch. I forgot to post that. I think they might be on Amazon too.

Thanks. I saw this on Amazon, but really didn't know if that was the correct thing, as I was really just going by the look of the input and output connections.

https://www.amazon.com/NOYITO-Optocoupler-isolation-High-Power-Development/dp/B07R4VCCPL/ref=sr_1_21

Could you show a pic of where you connected the trigger? Did any certain place look to be a better spot to connect it than another?

#3137 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Thanks. I saw this on Amazon, but really didn't know if that was the correct thing, as I was really just going by the look of the input and output connections.
amazon.com link »
Could you show a pic of where you connected the trigger? Did any certain place look to be a better spot to connect it than another?

Not sure I'll have time today but I used a standard matrix connector with the alegator clips that comet led sells clamped to a white GI lamp. + and - . Wire runs direct to the optocoupler's trigger input. Does that make sense? If not I'll pop up the playfield when I get a chance and snap a pic.

#3138 1 year ago

Hey all quick update from some progress I made today at lunch as well as a link to the forum topic where I will be posting progress and updates from now on.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-monster-mods-by-reflex-mods#post-7230074

Godzilla_2 (resized).pngGodzilla_2 (resized).png
#3139 1 year ago

Just reading regarding the relay to GI trigger seen above. I would recommend anyone with a Myth Pinball speaker light kit not to attempt that modification.

Our kits are sound activated by default, so I would recommend that setting instead. Rapidly turning on and off the 5v circuit can damage our advanced Arduino based control unit.

With that being said I also want to thank everyone who is waiting for our kit for their patience. We are backordered and working hard to get orders out as soon as possible. Currently running about a 2-week backlog.

#3140 1 year ago
Quoted from Joshhardy23:

Hey all quick update from some progress I made today at lunch as well as a link to the forum topic where I will be posting progress and updates from now on.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-monster-mods-by-reflex-mods#post-7230074
[quoted image]

Before you go into production, I just want to mention.. He looks a bit disproportional; looks a bit too fat around the mid section. I haven't seen anyone comment but I can't be the only one thinking this.

#3141 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Before you go into production, I just want to mention.. He looks a bit disproportional; looks a bit too fat around the mid section. I haven't seen anyone comment but I can't be the only one thinking this.

are you fat shaming GZ! Lol
His mouth looks a little ducky.

#3142 1 year ago

Just got my Godzilla Premium. I painted the t-molding and vinyl wrapped the rails and lock bar. Vinyl was $13 on Amazon. Glossy orange.

IMG_5006 (resized).jpegIMG_5006 (resized).jpegIMG_5007 (resized).jpegIMG_5007 (resized).jpeg
#3143 1 year ago
Quoted from pixelpete:

Just got my Godzilla Premium. I painted the t-molding and vinyl wrapped the rails and lock bar. Vinyl was $13 on Amazon. Glossy orange.

Your paint on the t-molding looks great. Never seen that done before

#3144 1 year ago
Quoted from pixelpete:

This may be a very naive question, but would you be willing to share how how the vinyl wrapping is done? This is something I'd love to try on one of my other pins... How did cut so precisely on the lock bar? And the corners of the lock bar are impressively taut as well...

#3145 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

This may be a very naive question, but would you be willing to share how how the vinyl wrapping is done? This is something I'd love to try on one of my other pins... How did cut so precisely on the lock bar? And the corners of the lock bar are impressively taut as well...

Yeah that wrap looks incredible. I need to learn how to do that.

#3146 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Thanks for the feedback - his proportions aren’t locked in at all. That’s something that I will dial in once I get him posed same goes for his mouth. The large shapes and proportions are just blocked in at this stage, just part of the process.

#3147 1 year ago

Hello all,

I am working on an idea for a new MOD but will need the help of someone who can do 3D printing. I can handle the electronics and source all those parts but will need some 3D printing to finish the MOD. If there are any 3D printing people interested, message me. Whether you just can help me make the printed parts or want to partner, I am open to any solution. The MOD could work on multiple games but GZ would be the first one.

Thanks

#3148 1 year ago
Quoted from drbrain:

Hello all,
I am working on an idea for a new MOD but will need the help of someone who can do 3D printing. I can handle the electronics and source all those parts but will need some 3D printing to finish the MOD. If there are any 3D printing people interested, message me. Whether you just can help me make the printed parts or want to partner, I am open to any solution. The MOD could work on multiple games but GZ would be the first one.
Thanks

Now I'm curious. You may want to post this in the 3D printing thread as well.

Do you need help with modeling, or just printing prototypes?

#3149 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Pretty nice! What size screen ?

4.3 inch lcd screen.

#3150 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yeah that wrap looks incredible. I need to learn how to do that.

Add me to the list…vinyl wrap may just be the perfect way to do this as it’s so easy to change out!

Looks amazing!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

5,980 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 16.00
$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 106.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/63?hl=stumblor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.