20240318_152015 (resized).jpg
20240318_152006 (resized).jpg
20240318_152751 (resized).jpg
20240316_201946 (resized).jpg
20240316_201708 (resized).jpg
IMG_3104 (resized).jpeg
20240303_090153 (resized).jpg
IMG_8413 (resized).jpeg

There are 5,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 105.
#3001 1 year ago
Quoted from NoDisclaimer:

Has anyone used powerblades and pinstadium. My wife is a huge fan of pinstadium but I'm afraid it will just wash the powerblades out.

This is exactly what I'm wondering! I like the new powerblades, but I'm not sure if I should get them if I decide to get pinstadiums. I hope someone can help answer this question.

#3002 1 year ago

My premium machine finally arrived!
Looking at the bridge close up now, I’m keen to know which mod people think is the best for the bridge
I currently have this one pictured but I’m not sold on it

29CB2309-A11A-4C7D-AFFE-203642842895 (resized).jpeg29CB2309-A11A-4C7D-AFFE-203642842895 (resized).jpeg
#3003 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Looking at the bridge close up now, I’m keen to know which mod people think is the best for the bridge
[quoted image]

I do too and, IMO this is by far the best.. Does it looks as detailed as a printed one .... absolutely not. But what it does do is make it look clean just as if it were factory. Chrome ramps to a chrome bridge ramp.

I wont be changing mine thats for certain.

#3004 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

[quoted image]

I have the Lior one resin sculpt, not printed. The chrome candy is nice, but it looks like a prototype placeholder of an early build to my eyes.
20221017_001427 (resized).jpg20221017_001427 (resized).jpg

#3005 1 year ago

Okay, I received my machine at 1pm and 9 hours later it is in my house! Haven’t played it yet lol
Added the following mods/improvements
Shaker motor
PDI glass
Stern artblades
Stern shooter rod
Stern Godzilla side rails
New perfect play rubbers
Transparent red flippers
Clear pop bumper and saucer mod
Tesla strike mod
Metal building top mod
Magnetic lockdown accent
Mechagodzilla housing
Tilt graphics road decals for right ramp and shooter lane
Clear washers under slingshots (metal ones were stuck to the artwork and ripped a bit coming off)
Still to add
Burning building speaker light kit
Magnetic wizard mod coin door cover

Unsure about my bridge mod or powdercoating the lockdown/rails/legs/hinges

116E1E18-7492-461F-9DE4-296F87BFD20C (resized).jpeg116E1E18-7492-461F-9DE4-296F87BFD20C (resized).jpeg6F993DE3-1BE3-4A02-A961-1239126E4A85 (resized).jpeg6F993DE3-1BE3-4A02-A961-1239126E4A85 (resized).jpeg70CB5C7B-C0A9-4C01-9A45-7C687B05DC4A (resized).jpeg70CB5C7B-C0A9-4C01-9A45-7C687B05DC4A (resized).jpeg99E3B424-830C-42F5-9A97-2FA1604DAAF3 (resized).jpeg99E3B424-830C-42F5-9A97-2FA1604DAAF3 (resized).jpegAAAB8200-E46B-479D-8530-6C23F3FA2643 (resized).jpegAAAB8200-E46B-479D-8530-6C23F3FA2643 (resized).jpegD6F8D39C-C1E9-4150-ADE0-AC0F5E55A97A (resized).jpegD6F8D39C-C1E9-4150-ADE0-AC0F5E55A97A (resized).jpegE1892B1A-FA27-40CD-95E9-67BB6FF3420B (resized).jpegE1892B1A-FA27-40CD-95E9-67BB6FF3420B (resized).jpegF6F0B2F0-FF6C-414B-BBCB-11DC205B2F21 (resized).jpegF6F0B2F0-FF6C-414B-BBCB-11DC205B2F21 (resized).jpeg
#3006 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Okay, I received my machine at 1pm and 9 hours later it is in my house! Haven’t played it yet lol
Shaker motor
PDI glass
Stern artblades
Stern shooter rod
Stern Godzilla side rails
New perfect play rubbers
Transparent red flippers
Clear pop bumper and saucer mod
Tesla strike mod
Metal building top mod
Magnetic lockdown accent
Mechagodzilla housing
Tilt graphics road decals for right ramp and shooter lane
Clear washers under slingshots (metal ones were stuck to the artwork and ripped a bit coming off)
Still to add
Burning building speaker light kit
Magnetic wizard mod coin door cover
Unsure about my bridge mod or powdercoating the lockdown/rails/legs/hinges
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice looking ride, like your choice of rubber color, really pops on the flippers. As far as the bridge goes, the Chrome candy bridge does seem to fall a little flat when it is a standalone piece of his. I like the look of it when the game is fitted with all of his other mods. My personal favorite is Lior's.

IMG_20221007_193938714 (resized).jpgIMG_20221007_193938714 (resized).jpg
#3007 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Haha sometimes I don't play a game for days after removing it from the box. I do install some mods in that time, but my main concerns are protection of the shooter lane, plastic protectors and any Cliffy protectors available. Also, installation of a real knocker, speaker upgrade and quiet fan are highly desirable before the first game is ever played. I like the way the games play with factory rubber, so I don't change that out for a long time and even if I do, I put real rubber on the flipper bats.

#3008 1 year ago

What’s the next best saucer mod behind sleal’s, considering he is out of the game for several months at least? I’d like to find something comparable, the white plastic route. Any others?

#3009 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

What’s the next best saucer mod behind sleal’s, considering he is out of the game for several months at least? I’d like to find something comparable, the white plastic route. Any others?

Out of the game for several months? What'd I miss?

#3010 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Family and work, not taking any new orders

#3011 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Quoted from prentice:

Family and work, not taking any new orders

Baby coming soon (first one). Things more hectic than usual =/

#3012 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Congrats and good luck with it.

#3013 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Congrats and good luck with it.

Thanks! super excited.

As far as making stuff, i'm wrapping up existing projects/requests over the next month to have a hopefully a blank list starting in November. I'll prob still post photos of new things I'm working on but just wont be making commitments till the new year.

#3014 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Congrats!!!
Get a dog, if you don't have one. Number one thing people asked me when I had kids. No more cleaning up food, barf, whatever.

#3015 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Hey congrats man!!!!

#3016 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

A good option very similar to the Sleal saucer (and basically same cost) off Etsy. Available in either Silver or White. I picked this up for my GZ and quite happy with it.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1244886480/raiden-mods-stern-godzilla-pinball-ufo

0C4AC322-ACB6-4AF8-97D4-54856AEC791C (resized).jpeg0C4AC322-ACB6-4AF8-97D4-54856AEC791C (resized).jpeg
#3017 1 year ago

I have a spare Steal16 saucer if anyone is interested? I am in Australia though

#3018 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

I have and like Liors saucer mod. I have Liors mecha shield on rotating ramp to replace plastics and just got his bridge mod. All Liors stuff for godzilla have been amazing. His mods are pricey though.

#3019 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Seal is by far the most elegant and identical to the one on godzilla video.
It's a easy pick!

#3020 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Nice looking ride, like your choice of rubber color, really pops on the flippers. As far as the bridge goes, the Chrome candy bridge does seem to fall a little flat when it is a standalone piece of his. I like the look of it when the game is fitted with all of his other mods. My personal favorite is Lior's.[quoted image]

Which Godzilla figure is that and where did you get it? Looks good!

#3021 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Which Godzilla figure is that and where did you get it? Looks good!

That is the 1956 movie poster version by NECA, with a little bit of repainting. Can find them on eBay or Amazon.

#3022 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Not white plastic but I just put an order in for one of HOOKED 's chrome saucers: https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p230/Godzilla-Pinball-Mod-UFO-Pop-Bumper.html

#3023 1 year ago

I got this toy, but it is pretty small; the Oxygen Destroyer is 31mm long. Might see if I can extend the length with tiny rods to see if it makes it look any better.

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

And I'll throw this mod idea out there as well....
I've been looking around for an alternative to the Oxygen Destroyer mods seen in this thread. While the quality of those mods are really impressive, I've been looking for something a little smaller. Well I think Super7 has done it again.

IMG_1192 (resized).jpgIMG_1192 (resized).jpg
#3024 1 year ago

It looks like a pretty nice sculpt for its size.

#3025 1 year ago

Anyone have a pic of Sleal16’s large saucer mode with the clear bumper parts? Trying to see if they make a noticeable difference or not?

#3026 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Don't think you can use those on spike games, but I'm not 100% sure that.

#3027 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Anyone have a pic of Sleal16’s large saucer mode with the clear bumper parts? Trying to see if they make a noticeable difference or not?

pghpinfan here you go, I took before/after pics when I installed my clear pop bumper. I think it makes a big difference. The UFO looks like it's just floating there.

https://imgur.com/a/PKRDL6F

#3028 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

pghpinfan here you go, I took before/after pics when I installed my clear pop bumper. I think it makes a big difference. The UFO looks like it's just floating there.
https://imgur.com/a/PKRDL6F

Oh hell yeah! That’s sweet. Sold! Thanks purbeast

#3029 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

I got this toy, but it is pretty small; the Oxygen Destroyer is 31mm long. Might see if I can extend the length with tiny rods to see if it makes it look any better.
[quoted image]

Agreed. Much smaller than I thought. Not even sure if adding an LED to it is possible. I might just glue an end to a thin wire, mount it & call it a day.

#3030 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

IMG_2971 (resized).JPGIMG_2971 (resized).JPGIMG_3024 (resized).JPGIMG_3024 (resized).JPG
#3031 1 year ago
8B7EB1CF-C3BC-4DD4-8014-53F7B784BB8A (resized).jpeg8B7EB1CF-C3BC-4DD4-8014-53F7B784BB8A (resized).jpeg
#3032 1 year ago

Where did you get that topper. I don’t even like toppers, but that looks good.

#3033 1 year ago
Quoted from Mookie:

Anyone going to see the Godzilla against mechagodzilla in movies Nov 3 2022?
Is this an old movie or a new movie?
Looks cool

Is it in subtitles or dubbed over?

#3034 1 year ago
Quoted from greenmonk:

This is exactly what I'm wondering! I like the new powerblades, but I'm not sure if I should get them if I decide to get pinstadiums. I hope someone can help answer this question.

I have a tracking number. Mine are due soon. I'll post pics and video for you guys if nobody else does.

#3035 1 year ago

I’m looking to get a Godzilla Premium and it will be my first pinball machine ever. What should I absolutely do to protect it up front before even playing it. Then afterwards I can continue to mod it going forward. I also have a 3d printer if there are files available. My biggest concern is keeping it in tip top shape from the beginning.

I know I want art blades and currently am on the fence for side armor.

#3036 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I have a tracking number. Mine are due soon. I'll post pics and video for you guys if nobody else does.

I'm curious about that tracking number? You wouldn't mind sharing what date was that posted. I'm also waiting on a set and I was told on October 10th that I would receive tracking information, and a few days later I did. Since that,no forward progress. Tracking states that a label was created and is still awaiting to be dropped off with the carrier. I tried reaching out this week with no response. I'm just a little over anxious to receive these, really like the way they look, can't wait to install them.

#3037 1 year ago

Finally got this topper installed, lots of work but it's worth it. The way I see it, I just saved $2,000

IMG_20221021_000241475 (resized).jpgIMG_20221021_000241475 (resized).jpgIMG_20221021_000256572 (resized).jpgIMG_20221021_000256572 (resized).jpg
#3038 1 year ago

I joined the new Topper club.. This thing is beautiful.

Best of all it's fully interactive with 4 different switches, Spinner, Red GI, Global GI, and Mothra Save

I'm sure Stern will eventually release their topper but I don't doubt it's going to be super pricey.. This for me was perfect, it looks factory, it has plenty of cool features far more than your regular topper and best of all it was priced for the most I was willing to pay for a topper.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3039 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Best of all it's fully interactive with 4 different switches, Spinner, Red GI, Global GI, and Mothra Save
I'm sure Stern will eventually release their topper but I don't doubt it's going to be super pricey.. This for me was perfect, it looks factory, it has plenty of cool features far more than your regular topper and best of all it was priced for the most I was willing to pay for a topper.[quoted image][quoted image]

They really are super nice if you can get your hands on one! I was fortunate to score one and nobody would ever guess it is not an official topper next to my 4 other Sterns.

IMG_9381 (resized).jpgIMG_9381 (resized).jpg
#3040 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I'm curious about that tracking number? You wouldn't mind sharing what date was that posted. I'm also waiting on a set and I was told on October 10th that I would receive tracking information, and a few days later I did. Since that,no forward progress. Tracking states that a label was created and is still awaiting to be dropped off with the carrier. I tried reaching out this week with no response. I'm just a little over anxious to receive these, really like the way they look, can't wait to install them.

Just checked. My tracking still says the same as yours. Pingraffix is very trustworthy based on my past experiences. I'll be patient.

#3041 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

I'm sure Stern will eventually release their topper but I don't doubt it's going to be super pricey.. This for me was perfect, it looks factory, it has plenty of cool features far more than your regular topper and best of all it was priced for the most I was willing to pay for a topper.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. Where did you buy it?

#3042 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Where did you buy it and can you tell us how much it cost? If you don't want to put it in a public forum, could you PM me the cost? If it's reasonable, I would definitely like to get one myself.

#3043 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Quoted from jkashani:

[quoted image]

Quoted from blairan213:

They really are super nice if you can get your hands on one! I was fortunate to score one and nobody would ever guess it is not an official topper next to my 4 other Sterns.
[quoted image]

It does look nice... it is essentially the cabinet side art from the Premium.

My concern (since it seems to be only available through back channels) is that it's a blatant rip off of Stern and Zombie Yeti's artwork.

#3044 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

It does look nice... it is essentially the cabinet side art from the Premium.
My concern (since it seems to be only available through back channels) is that it's a blatant rip off of Stern and Zombie Yeti's artwork.

You know, it's amazing work and while the artwork is similar then again it has to be. I wouldn't buy it if the artwork didn't match somewhat what's already on the PIN. There is some real engineering to make it fully interactive. I see it as more of inspired by, someone else did draw it and had to conjure this up.

Truthfully if Stern shouldn't be surprised since they've waited this long to release an official topper. They should know people will eventually come up with their own designs to make their home gameroom complete. Most often than not, toppers are bought by home users not public places and I genuinely love this design.

As stated the price was right for me, I don't know what Stern will release but this is as good as it gets IMO for an aftermarket topper for this machine. I honestly feel that Stern will have to step it up if it doesn't at least do as much as this topper does; then again if they all out with another 2K topper like they did for Mando which they might I will be so glad as 2K for a topper just isn't the type money I want to spend on essentially a decoration.

#3045 1 year ago

Why all the secrecy of the cost of that topper and where to get it?

I don't want one personally but I am curious about the cost of it mainly.

#3046 1 year ago

It's not really a secret, I just know it's a very limited run as they don't have the manpower for setting up a store. There are only a few toppers left so if this interests you PM me and I"ll share the email that I was given to message to start the process.

#3047 1 year ago

If it's not a secret then why hasn't anyone said the price in here lol?

Owning one doesn't interest me. I'm personally not interested in having a topper that just looks like the cabinet.

The price does though. I am just curious how it compares to toppers from various companies price wise and for what you get.

#3048 1 year ago

I've also purchased this topper and I'll say that the build quality and even the packaging is as professional if not more than anything that has come from Stern. Why the team who made it decided to limit the run to like 5 is not for me to guess. Price was under $650.

Screenshot 2022-09-12 100639 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-09-12 100639 (resized).png
#3049 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

It's not really a secret, I just know it's a very limited run as they don't have the manpower for setting up a store. There are only a few toppers left so if this interests you PM me and I"ll share the email that I was given to message to start the process.

Can you shoot a short video? I am a topper fan and tired of waiting on stern. Thx

#3050 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Price was under $650.

That’s curious, I heard more

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 5,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 105.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.