Godzilla Premium Pinball awesome1.gif
kit (resized).jpg
PXL_20220622_191534598 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220622_222155680 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220622_231310984 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220622_230913501 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220622_231623052 (resized).jpg
C1A44519-A43A-4BC7-8826-CF18CE1254C0 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,981 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 40.
#201 8 months ago

TESLA STRIKE TOWERS update!

I'm hoping to start shipping these out next week sometime, please PM me to get on the list. They are pretty tedious to make and when you times it by 3 it's that much more.

Cost it's going to be 120.00 with 10.00 for shipping inside the U.S. (if you are out the U.S. please p.m. so I can get you an accurate quote)

20211026_103819 (resized).jpg20211026_103826 (resized).jpg20211026_103832 (resized).jpg20211026_103845 (resized).jpg
#202 8 months ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

TESLA STRIKE TOWERS update!
I'm hoping to start shipping these out next week sometime, please PM me to get on the list. They are pretty tedious to make and when you times it by 3 it's that much more.
Cost it's going to be 120.00 with 10.00 for shipping inside the U.S. (if you are out the U.S. please p.m. so I can get you an accurate quote)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How difficult was it to tie in? Lifting playfield up, how do the towers mount, etc?

#203 8 months ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

One more day and I can start size fitting stuff! I split up the UFO's parts that will not be painted and yeah, its a lot cleaner to paint the main body. I'm waiting till I'm done using the grey resin before seeing how the clear domes at top/bottom look. Since the bumper LED uses 4 or 5 colors (green, blue, white, red are the ones I noticed), I'll need to test out where to keep that color changing LED, either on the base that supports the saucer or within the ufo itself.
My scaling messed up and printed this grey Godzilla at 5" instead of 6" and I'm not even sure on the clearance or height of the original toy. If someone can take or has a quick measurement, would be greatly appreciated else I can wait a little longer. Would like to have something more closely matching the size ready to throw in there when I have the pin up. I'm debating on digitizing and scaling down the tan one I have (its at 7.5"). Between the two, which one do you guys like more? I know the head on the grey one will look more detailed blown up 20-30% than what it currently sized at.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Tan looks phenomenal and easily the best Godzilla mod being offered, still don’t understand those offering one from Kong Vs Godzilla other than it’s an off the shelf toy that’s cheap and quick to mod. This looks exactly what the game deserves!

Saucer also looks amazing look forward to seeing your progress on these dude.

#204 8 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Tan looks phenomenal and easily the best Godzilla mod being offered, still don’t understand those offering one from Kong Vs Godzilla other than it’s an off the shelf toy that’s cheap and quick to mod.

I think you answered your own question, but there is more to it. If I design my own godzilla based off the TOHO version, it is going to take a lot of hours to do that and to print a really nice and detailed GZ, it could take 15 hours, plus there is extensive painting required. You'd be looking at a pretty expensive mod at that point. There is also a concern about violating licensing rules if you copy a licensed version (Stern could come after you, they've done it before). It's very hard to have a production mod with those kinds of constraints. As far as I know there are no TOHO GZs off the shelf in quantity to mod. The monsters version is readily available and you can meet demand relatively quickly. I actually like the way it looks in the game, whether it is from that era or not so to each his own. If it's not for you, that is perfectly fine.

#205 8 months ago

Says 1968 looks more like 70s. Hope it’s right size.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#206 8 months ago

Not sure if this is the correct thread, as I don't have my game and these are not mods yet. Not even sure if I'll figure out anything with any of them.

The 6" Godzilla is a figure I picked up while in Japan in 1999. Would probably work in the game, but I don't think I can bring myself to cut the tags off.

The Hedorah figure is something I just bought off Ebay. I was thinking of putting him where godzilla is in the game now. He's going in there somewhere.

My wife bought the large 11" Godzilla on the right at Target recently for my kid. $20. Might the bigger Godzilla somehow work where the little green guy is? Maybe cut it in half, sorta like the mechagodzilla? Place him hovering over the bridge? If something like that could work, $20 isn't expensive at all.

20211026_195024 (resized).jpg20211026_195507 (resized).jpg
#207 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Not sure if this is the correct thread, as I don't have my game and these are not mods yet. Not even sure if I'll figure out anything with any of them.
The 6" Godzilla is a figure I picked up while in Japan in 1999. Would probably work in the game, but I don't think I can bring myself to cut the tags off.
The Hedorah figure is something I just bought off Ebay. I was thinking of putting him where godzilla is in the game now. He's going in there somewhere.
My wife bought the large 11" Godzilla on the right at Target recently for my kid. $20. Might the bigger Godzilla somehow work where the little green guy is? Maybe cut it in half, sorta like the mechagodzilla? Place him hovering over the bridge? If something like that could work, $20 isn't expensive at all.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Half body for a good looking figure that matches the other half body would be cool. Think the width and depth of the footprint would be the determining factor if it fits there.

#208 8 months ago

Smog monster I really like him a lot too.

#209 8 months ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

I got this one off of eBay from
Japan.
#F82-375 Bandai HG Gashapon figure Godzilla 3 Mothra 1996[quoted image][quoted image]

Would be interested what Mothra looks like under UV/Blacklight

Very cool

#210 8 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I think you answered your own question, but there is more to it. If I design my own godzilla based off the TOHO version, it is going to take a lot of hours to do that and to print a really nice and detailed GZ, it could take 15 hours, plus there is extensive painting required. You'd be looking at a pretty expensive mod at that point. There is also a concern about violating licensing rules if you copy a licensed version (Stern could come after you, they've done it before). It's very hard to have a production mod with those kinds of constraints. As far as I know there are no TOHO GZs off the shelf in quantity to mod. The monsters version is readily available and you can meet demand relatively quickly. I actually like the way it looks in the game, whether it is from that era or not so to each his own. If it's not for you, that is perfectly fine.

Target sometimes has some classic Godzilla figures. I saw 2 godzillas there over the weekend but didn't think to snap a photo. I picked these two up from Walmart maybe 3-4 years ago. I think the toy line was called something like "Godzilla Fusion series". (Ignore my messy desk)

G & M 2 (resized).pngGodzilla and Mechagodzilla 1 (resized).png
#211 8 months ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Target sometimes has some classic Godzilla figures. I saw 2 godzillas there over the weekend but didn't think to snap a photo. I picked these two up from Walmart maybe 3-4 years ago. I think the toy line was called something like "Godzilla Fusion series". (Ignore my messy desk)[quoted image][quoted image]

If people find a version they like and want help modding it, just reach out to me. I sent a wiring setup we use for our Godzilla out to one guy who had a different Godzilla than we are offering. If I can’t find decent quantities, I typically won’t offer the mod given the time it takes to figure out how to retrofit.

I’m currently working on replacing the plastic mechagodzilla, which is really unacceptable given the cost of these games. I have one I installed that is 3.75” and added a spotlight tied to the adjacent flasher, but they are tough to find. I have a bigger one coming that will have to be cut down, like stern has done on the prem/le.

7B783C15-562F-417A-944A-577C8342915C (resized).jpeg

#212 8 months ago

MEZELmods

Interactive Drake Enterprises burning building mod. The building is illuminated during gameplay and when the building shots are made it burns.

#213 8 months ago

MEZELmods

Illuminated scoop and sign mod

B5D2C6C2-379C-4685-A692-91F2877F9B9D (resized).jpeg
#214 8 months ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

MEZELmods
Interactive Drake Enterprises burning building mod. The building is illuminated during gameplay and when the building shots are made it burns.

Comet has a fire bulb that could look good here.

#215 8 months ago

Different take on the scoop light, interactive with the Select City insert. Requires light soldering.

PXL_20211027_155602989 (resized).jpg
#216 8 months ago
Quoted from Budman:

Comet has a fire bulb that could look good here.

We did testing with the fire light and it did not meet our expectations. If it was always on, it would be a decent effect. We tied it into the building shots, so it looks more like an explosion.

#217 8 months ago

Mechagodzilla for the pro to replace the flat plastic. Eyes lit red and a spotlight added like on the LE/prem that interacts with the flasher behind him.

Will be a available in about a week, but if anyone wants one, reach out and I'll put one aside.

PXL_20211027_201604666.PORTRAIT (resized).jpgPXL_20211027_201617626.PORTRAIT (resized).jpg
#218 8 months ago

Our Godzilla reptile scales Lockdown Bar Accent MOD is now available on our website, Pinside, eBay and hopefully through our distributors soon.

Below is a direct link to all of our Godzilla MODs on our website:
https://www.ulekstore.com/category_s/2058.htm

Thanks for looking.

Godzilla Lock Down Bar MOD 00 (resized).jpgGodzilla Lock Down Bar MOD 01 (resized).jpg
#219 8 months ago
Quoted from ULEKstore:

Our Godzilla reptile scales Lockdown Bar Accent MOD is now available on our website, Pinside, eBay and hopefully through our distributors soon.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"729b0b6128b01288ffa83c597510cf098abefd39-1635435133-1800"};
//]]>

Below is a direct link to all of our Godzilla MODs on our website:
https://www.ulekstore.com/category_s/2058.htm
Thanks for looking.

Sweet, any chance of making a version of this with a slightly larger white outline on the text? Even with the green outline the text is a bit hard to read.

#220 8 months ago

Fire the SHEAT Ray!

#221 8 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Fire the SHEAT Ray!

Haha. I thought the same thing. It might be best to reduce the spacing between the A, apostrophe, and the S to make it read better too.

#222 8 months ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Sweet, any chance of making a version of this with a slightly larger white outline on the text? Even with the green outline the text is a bit hard to read.

Not in the market, but also recommend decreasing the space between the 's' - from the player's perspective, it looks like it says "Godzilla sheat ray"

Edit - Beaten

#223 7 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Fire the SHEAT Ray!

One word... kerning

#224 7 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Fire the SHEAT Ray!

Holy sheat!

#225 7 months ago
20211028_212224 (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpeg
#226 7 months ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

One word... kerning

Aye! Keming!

#227 7 months ago

We are happy to announce that our (Pro) building is coming along nicely. This is a very early version of the building but we are excited about the progress and want to give everyone a peek. Again this is an early version and there will be more details on the roof and sides. We are also kicking around a custom sign package for those that want to customize their pinball mod to truly making it their own. So say instead of "Drake Investments" you wanted say ...... "Centerflanks Lamp shop" or "Vids Pinball Repair". The building would be the same but the sign would be your own.

We hope to make this for all models but until we get our premium there's no way to tell how well this will transfer over

***** we are knees deep in Tesla Strike Towers, so this is going on the back burner for a few weeks ******

But please let me know what you guys think

Thanks again!
Tom Deister
DIDDY'S MOD'S

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-pro-building-mod-under-development

20211028_212233 (resized).jpg20211028_212236 (resized).jpg20211028_212241 (resized).jpg

#228 7 months ago

Looking amazing Tdiddy!!!!!!!!!

#229 7 months ago

LOL. Good one

#231 7 months ago

MEZELmods

Noodle shop redesign. Will be resizing the emblem.
CF95F067-6538-48A2-A92E-F98F653D7D0B (resized).jpeg

dh (resized).jpg
#232 7 months ago

MEZELmods

Beginnings for the Pro Drake building. More detail to come!

7E013BAF-D6A1-4CE5-94B2-5B1BB43F96AE (resized).jpeg
#233 7 months ago

Lockdown Accent Bar redesign. No more "sheat ray".

Thanks for everyone's feedback.

Godzilla Lock Down Bar MOD 01 (resized).jpg

#234 7 months ago

Magnet cooling is almost done. After playing with various options to distribute the flow from the standard cooling fan, it became clear that due to the size/shape of the coil surface area that needed to be cooled, splitting the load into two fans was the only real option. So one fan became two smaller ones. I preserved almost all the total CFM of the bigger fan and the two fans together are 1dB quieter than the single larger fan. So, I'm pretty sure this will be the final configuration, pending more temp testing on long games.

(Ignore the extra wires, it's kind of a rat's nest with the temp probe wires and fan wires right now. End user installs won't have the temp probes, obviously)

dual-fan-magnet-cooling-sml (resized).jpg

#235 7 months ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

MEZELmods
Beginnings for the Pro Drake building. More detail to come![quoted image]

Updated- some tweaks still to go but getting close

590B4FAB-ADF2-4ABD-B4FD-80AA27242539 (resized).jpegE20BDC6E-16F2-48DB-A9E4-780BADD0E0D0 (resized).jpeg
#236 7 months ago

Couple more sketches of our topper development.

IMG_20211025_200409 (resized).jpgIMG_20211025_201001 (resized).jpg
#237 7 months ago

Just a thought for topper ideas - Godzilla is already on the translite. To reduce redundancy, why not include the three headed dragon or something that isn’t already on the translite?

#238 7 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just a thought for topper ideas - Godzilla is already on the translite. To reduce redundancy, why not include the three headed dragon or something that isn’t already on the translite?

Our topper will not show Godzilla as you see it in the drawing..cant reveal everything.
He is just there for sizing.

#239 7 months ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

Updated- some tweaks still to go but getting close [quoted image][quoted image]

Love the Color of the building, fits perfect with the pin.

#240 7 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

To reduce redundancy, why not include the three headed dragon or something that isn’t already on the translite?

Unless you have a premium.

#241 7 months ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Unless you have a premium.

Yeah good point!

#242 7 months ago

Finalising a design for a brushed aluminium laser cut action button plate.

9E7723EC-F1F8-4F22-99B8-37F8593C570C (resized).jpegC33822F7-7E3F-49DC-955C-B9FB6E89C3EC (resized).jpeg
#243 7 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

No offense intended but why the Legendary versions?

#244 7 months ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

No offense intended but why the Legendary versions?

Lol, pot meet kettle.

Quoted from J85M:

I gotto ask, why are versions of Godzilla from the new movie being used or offered up as mods? The whole game is based around Toho Godzilla not Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse.

Quoted from J85M:

Which is great because I can’t stand mods that don’t look factory, having a modern Godzilla in a game based on classic Godzilla is just lazy and would drive my OCD off the charts.

Quoted from J85M:

still don’t understand those offering one from Kong Vs Godzilla other than it’s an off the shelf toy that’s cheap and quick to mod.

#245 7 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think this is the mecha-godzilla profile from the same era as the game's one (needs the full tail, though)...
mecha-zilla (resized).jpg

#246 7 months ago

Godzilla GameBlades
By Tilt Graphics Inc.
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/godzilla-stern

Godzilla-Mods-02-GameBlades-01 (resized).jpg
#247 7 months ago
Godzilla-Mods-01 (resized).jpg
#248 7 months ago

Godzilla Ramp Decals
By Tilt Graphics Inc.

Godzilla-Ramp-01 (resized).jpgGodzilla-Ramp-02 (resized).jpg
#249 7 months ago

Godzilla Ramp Decals
By Tilt Graphics Inc.

Godzilla-Ramp-03 (resized).jpgGodzilla-Ramp-04 (resized).jpg
#250 7 months ago
Quoted from jGraffix:

[quoted image]

Might be cool to put the kanji for "Heat Ray" on the other side...熱線

heat-ray (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 45.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Botkins, OH
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation
15,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
There are 1,981 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!