IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg
There are 5,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 105.
#2751 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

I was planning on changing the rubbers on the slings and posts with Titans.. I just forgot until now. Let me look online and order it.. Thanks for the reminder. IN regards to the Flippers.. I've tried Titans and honestly prefer the bounce of rubber. So often I want the ball to bounce and not life catch an on Titans it just wasn't as consistent to bounce to the other side.

I tried regular Titans on AIQ and didnt like it. Used perfect play and been great there. I tried perfect play on IMDN and that had TOO big of a bounce coming out of the underworld eject. I just ordered some Titan low bounce, which is supposed to be (from what I think people mention) closer to regular rubbers. Going to try it on that game, and if I like them enough, will give it a shot on GZ as well.

#2752 1 year ago

I have low bounce titan rubbers in both my JP and GZ. I got them for my JP initially because people recommended them as they were closer to stock. I had them in JP for like 8 months before I got my GZ then ordered em for GZ and have been liking them.

#2753 1 year ago

I received and installed my neon tokyo scoop sign mod from Stumblor yesterday, and it was a breeze to install and honestly the best looking mod I have ever seen in a pinball machine. I usually balk at the stuff that's this pricey but it's worth it.

#2754 1 year ago

Hello Everyone, I made a full install guide for the Advanced Speaker Light Kit from MythMaker "Myth Pinball"

It is an excellent product, and I wanted to help the community by showing how easy it is to install this kit.

I do like to go into detail giving advice on what exactly to do, the guides they sent their customers are really good, but I just feel a video guide is perfect for those newbies PIN players like myself.

Enjoy the video, feedback is always appreciated.

#2755 1 year ago

Godzilla now controls Wonka

3418087A-DAB8-4650-AAF4-432AF540F0B1 (resized).jpeg3418087A-DAB8-4650-AAF4-432AF540F0B1 (resized).jpeg
#2756 1 year ago

I don't recall posting in this thread...

and

#2757 1 year ago

I really like these ramp decals...

#2758 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I have low bounce titan rubbers in both my JP and GZ. I got them for my JP initially because people recommended them as they were closer to stock. I had them in JP for like 8 months before I got my GZ then ordered em for GZ and have been liking them.

I put titan low bounce green on GZ flippers and I could not tell any difference from the black stock rubber. Maybe slightly more grippy if anything.

#2759 1 year ago

Posting to see if anyone would have any interest in this wizard mod coin door sticker. I love the decal but just can’t bring myself to cover up the new paint job! Will sell for $50 OBO if anyone is interested.

A1BF3462-6041-4BD7-BF29-34747EF56A0F (resized).jpegA1BF3462-6041-4BD7-BF29-34747EF56A0F (resized).jpeg0C910261-696A-4B04-BD53-3E6CC9E00F1B (resized).jpeg0C910261-696A-4B04-BD53-3E6CC9E00F1B (resized).jpeg
#2760 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Posting to see if anyone would have any interest in this wizard mod coin door sticker. I love the decal but just can’t bring myself to cover up the new paint job! Will sell for $50 OBO if anyone is interested.[quoted image][quoted image]

That's one good looking machine!

#2761 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Posting to see if anyone would have any interest in this wizard mod coin door sticker. I love the decal but just can’t bring myself to cover up the new paint job! Will sell for $50 OBO if anyone is interested.[quoted image][quoted image]

Sharp color indeed. Who did the powder coating and what is the color name?

#2762 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Green bolts. Nice touch. I'm curious how to get that color done to my gz legs, coin door and rails.

#2763 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Awesome powder coat color! Looks great.
Mind sharing what color you used?

#2764 1 year ago

I am in the process of installing my flamin frames kit on my Godzilla LE. I've never installed a speaker kit on an LE before. I've got the first speaker mount completely removed from the panel - wondering if I still use the red colored plastic insert with flamin frames light kit or do I take it out. I also want to make sure I install the flamin frames speaker frame on the inside of the existing LE speaker insert. That is the only way I see how to reuse that plate with the 4 long screws to be able to mount the speakers to it..

If there are any other tips or suggestions on installing this kit please let me know - I'm on a mission to get these installed this morning

#2765 1 year ago

no dont use the red plastic

#2766 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

no dont use the red plastic

Thanks, removed it! What about the foam and the black spacers for the screw posts that were on the original speaker?

#2767 1 year ago

Finally got around to installing the clear pop bumper base parts on my Pro, with my existing Sleal UFO mod. Really happy with the subtle but significant improvement to making it look more like a hovering UFO. I think it's more substantial than pics represent, the stock parts really draw the eye (especially the skirt, imo) and these just disappear unless you really concentrate on them. I know others have posted pics, but just a couple real quick.
20220921_181022 (resized).jpg20220921_181022 (resized).jpg20220921_181025 (resized).jpg20220921_181025 (resized).jpg

#2768 1 year ago

Oh and I also installed the standup target wedges to cut down on airballs for each standup, sold by someone through an ad on here, through Hippies Haven, but I forget who. Not that I had a serious airball problem before, just noticed one occasionally, and maybe it's all in my head, but I swear the game shoots noticeably smoother now.

I wonder if I wasn't getting just a tiny hop from most target hits or something, but whatever it is every target hit is somehow smoother now unless I'm crazy...

#2769 1 year ago

I made a post a few days ago highlighting a install tutorial I made for this kit.

Here it is, Enjoy.

#2770 1 year ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Sharp color indeed. Who did the powder coating and what is the color name?

Color is called majestic purple from prismatic powders and Steve from the Pinball Refinery did the work. Great guy and really reasonable pricing too!

#2771 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

I made a post a few days ago highlighting a install tutorial I made for this kit.
Here it is, Enjoy.

I saw this! Strange thing is I have some float with the speaker panel with the nylon posts hand tightened down. Any ideas?

584286EA-6AC9-4956-BA15-FB2F6E910195 (resized).jpeg584286EA-6AC9-4956-BA15-FB2F6E910195 (resized).jpeg
#2772 1 year ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

I saw this! Strange thing is I have some float with the speaker panel with the nylon posts hand tightened down. Any ideas?
[quoted image]

do you have installation complete or do you need instructions ?

#2773 1 year ago

Dougs got instructions at Speaker light Kits go to manuals then choose godzilla Flaming kits

#2774 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

do you have installation complete or do you need instructions ?

Got the instructions I’ve hand tightened down the polymer posts and the speaker panel still has play in it when moving it up and down from back box

#2775 1 year ago

Got the instructions I’ve hand tightened down the polymer posts and the speaker panel still has play in it when moving it up and down from back box

Reach out to Doug if you are concerned with the "play".

#2776 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Here it is, Enjoy.

It looks bloody awesome. Mine has been on order for 5 months and I can’t wait to receive it. Worth the wait I reckon!

#2777 1 year ago

I am in the process of installing my flamin frames kit on my Godzilla LE. I've never installed a speaker kit on an LE before. I've got the first speaker mount completely removed from the panel - wondering if I still use the red colored plastic insert with flamin frames light kit or do I take it out. I also want to make sure I install the flamin frames speaker frame on the inside of the existing LE speaker insert. That is the only way I see how to reuse that plate with the 4 long screws to be able to mount the speakers to it..
If there are any other tips or suggestions on installing this kit please let me know - I'm on a mission to get these installed this morning

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/SPIKE-2-Flamin-Frames-Install.html

You can leave the red surround "colored plastic inserts" on if you would like, but they would obviously be less visible if they were removed. Though they should be pretty well hidden if you are using the foam and the plastic canvas.

You should also have room to leave the foam gaskets and black spacers that you mentioned between the speakers and the speaker plates as long as you are using the LE factory speakers. If you are using deeper, aftermarket speakers, you would probably have to remove those spacers and gaskets, so the mount is not too deep on the right side. That could cause the back of the speaker to hit the AC cover that is in the bottom right corner of the backbox when you try to close the speaker panel.

As for the issue you are seeing with the play in the speaker panel when you go to open and close it: You DO have to tighten down the hex posts, especially the bottom ones that hold the speaker panel to the hinges. You also need to make sure you are pushing the speaker panel toward the backbox, to make sure it is positioned correctly, when you tighten those lower hex posts.

I'm not sure how anyone can instruct as to how to tighten down hardware? What I can say is....tighten the hex post onto the threaded studs coming out of the speaker panel pretty good, but don't go bonkers trying to strip the threads on the inside of them

As for putting the nuts on the top of the hex posts (to secure the speaker plates on)....there is no need to tighten them much at all. As long as the speaker plate are not rattling or sliding back and forth on the hex post tops the nuts are on tight enough. Those nuts holding the speaker plates on are never supporting any significant weight at any time. Either the panel is open and folded down, in which case gravity is holding the speaker plates on. Or you have the panel closed and the nuts are just keeping the plates from sliding off post tops. If you fold the head down.... again, the panel is positioned so gravity is holding the plates in place. Tilt the game back for transport....and again, the plates are in an upright position and the nuts are just preventing them from sliding off the hex post tops. So, at no point are the speaker plates hanging upside down with the weight of the speakers fighting against the nuts. The nuts are also nylon insert nuts and the post are nylon.....they are not going to work their way loose, so they do not need to be any tighter than being up against the plates with a small bit of pressure to keep the speaker plates from sliding left and right on their mounting slots.

So, as explained, you want to make sure the hex posts are down tight enough to hold the panel (and light frames) in place. You also want to make sure the posts are down tight enough so you don't unintentionally unscrew the post when you may be trying to loosen the nuts on the top of them. So, make sure your posts are down tight and your nuts are NOT down tighter than the posts are or very tight at all really. I include extra hex posts in every kit, so you get a couple of tries if you go too tight. It doesn't seem very tough to me, but many people, feel like they just need one more turn on those nuts.

From looking at your picture...before putting the speaker plates on, make sure to press the light strip back on to the light frame. It wouldn't be visible, even if you did not, but you should probably do that while you have access. Also, take care when placing the inner (magnet backed) light strip to the light frame. The gaps between the magnets are where the screws securing the LCD screen in place will land. Just take some time to make sure they are positioned correctly, and the magnets are tapped down to the frame as smoothy as possible. The screw heads should fall between 2 bulbs and not make much of a bump at all (as shown in the install instructions). This is all very easy to do before the speaker plates are put in place, afterwards...not so much. So best to take care of that before putting the speaker plates on.

My install instructions show how different installs can look (with / without foam, with / without plastic canvas, foam in front of the designs / foam behind the designs). I did leave some possibilities out (designs in front, then foam, then plastic canvas, then light frame or foam in front, then designs, then plastic canvas, then light frames) especially the bad ones (using the plastic canvas with no foam, or having the designs, plastic canvas and then the foam) but who really wants to see a nice product made to look as bad as it can? So, there are a lot of different ways that things can be done. I like to show pictures of different mounts so people can see what is what, but I generally express my opinion on what I think looks best.

I hope this help,

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#2778 1 year ago

I’m loving my new Mothra figure that I mounted in place of the plastic at the rear.

Now I must upgrade my Godzilla figure as the current figure’s scale is wrong.

F64CD367-90D0-4553-8207-3E85E2DCD77B (resized).jpegF64CD367-90D0-4553-8207-3E85E2DCD77B (resized).jpeg
#2779 1 year ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

It looks bloody awesome. Mine has been on order for 5 months and I can’t wait to receive it. Worth the wait I reckon!

Mine was also on order from Doug for 4 months and after inquiring and waiting (Still waiting for the city insert/I wanted insert options), I ordered from Myth Pinball and it arrived in 2 weeks after placing an order.

Honestly, It's a better kit IMO, it has more pattern options than just flames and it works amazingly well with their under-glow kit. The tutorial I made is for the Myth Kit not the Speaker lights kit although they are setup very similarly.

I'll be honest, I would have never looked at Myth Pinball light kit if the wait wasn't half a year, but I'm glad in the end I got what I feel is a better product for a cheaper price at a much faster turnaround time.

#2780 1 year ago

[quoted image]

This looks like the adhesive is coming off.. I ordered a Myth Pinball Light Kit, is your picture a kit from Speaker Lights from Doug? It looks like it as those posts are different.

#2781 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

I ordered from Myth Pinball and it arrived in 2 weeks after placing an order.

Honestly, It's a better kit IMO, it has more pattern options than just flames and it works amazingly well with their under-glow kit.

Be careful what you say here.

Folks who convinced themselves it's better to wait 5 months will start down voting.

#2782 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Mine was also on order from Doug for 5 months and after inquiring and waiting (Still waiting for the city insert/I wanted insert options), I ordered from Myth Pinball and it arrived in 2 weeks after placing an order.
Honestly, It's a better kit IMO, it has more pattern options than just flames and it works amazingly well with their under-glow kit. The tutorial I made is for the Myth Kit not the Speaker lights kit although they are setup very similarly.
I'll be honest, I would have never looked at Myth Pinball light kit if the wait wasn't half a year, but I'm glad in the end I got what I feel is a better product for a cheaper price at a much faster turnaround time.

Time to call out more lies, I guess.

@Jedi_Gill......do you mind posting when your order date with me was and when you canceled your order? If you don't know, I will post them if you would like. After doing that, please explain why you are saying less than 3 months is 5 months? Is your knowledge of time and calendars that bad or are you just looking to throw some lies on me to make me look as bad as possible? Also, feel free to let everyone know how you went about canceling your order instead of just asking me to cancel it for you.

USPS says your city insert set was delivered and I would be inclined to believe them over you, as your lies to attempt to slander me are quite obvious. I can post the tracking info showing it has been delivered if you would like. Let me know.

You say the Myth pinball kit is a cheaper price? That seems weird because it's not. I guess your understanding of numbers and prices are not so good either.

On the SPIKE 2 light kits, if you are wanting other options instead of the flames...my Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits have 358 different color / color transition modes, adjustable brightness, adjustable speed and a DIY favorites list that allows you to save up to 8 of your favorites color patterns with a remote control (no need to open the backbox) for quick access. All for $85 and shipping in 0 - 3 days. If you want to add more color options and transition and sound controlled effects...I offer the deluxe sound controller for an additional $10 that can be easily swapped in place of my default deluxe controller. It adds 5 sound activates modes, 6 rainbow color patterns and 5 single color transition modes in 51 different selectable colors. So, if a person is wanting anything other than the flames....I think my Deluxe light kit is the obvious choice for $85.

I would think you would have seen by now.....if you are going to tell lies on me, I don't mind calling people out for their lies. Professional, unprofessional I don't GAF. I'm not going to let someone lying about me and my business slide. If you are going to tell lies about me in public....I will step right up and let people know what the truth is.

I really don't know what has brought out all of the lies, slander and spite with people concerning these light kits. No one that has ordered from me has currently been waiting over 6 months to get their order shipped and the wait time window is getting shorter as I get more of the type 14 light kits shipped out. 100s of people have received them and seem very happy with them. If you have ordered and want to cancel your order....feel free to ask me to cancel your order, but please, don't do that and run to the internet to lie about the situation.

#2783 1 year ago

So I couldn't be happier with Doug's kit and his support is instant and top notch. I can't comment about myth since I haven't purchased from him yet. Doug answered my questions and I was able to even make his kit interactive with my G.I. turning on and off.

Can't we all just get along?

#2784 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

So I couldn't be happier with Doug's kit and his support is instant and top notch. I can't comment about myth since I haven't purchased from him yet. Doug answered my questions and I was able to even make his kit interactive with my G.I. turning on and off.
Can't we all just get along?

What wizardry was used to get them to interact with the GI?!

#2785 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

What wizardry was used to get them to interact with the GI?!

I'm no Gandof the Grey but it's either an octopler or a programmable relay using the white GI as the trigger. I can't remember but the next time I pop the hood I'll take a look and let you know. It wasn't very difficult.

#2786 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Time to call out more lies, I guess.
Jedi_Gill......do you mind posting when your order date with me was and when you canceled your order? If you don't know, I will post them if you would like. After doing that, please explain why you are saying less than 3 months is 5 months? Is your knowledge of time and calendars that bad or are you just looking to throw some lies on me to make me look as bad as possible? Also, feel free to let everyone know how you went about canceling your order instead of just asking me to cancel it for you.
USPS says your city insert set was delivered and I would be inclined to believe them over you, as your lies to attempt to slander me are quite obvious. I can post the tracking info showing it has been delivered if you would like. Let me know.
You say the Myth pinball kit is a cheaper price? That seems weird because it's not. I guess your understanding of numbers and prices are not so good either.
On the SPIKE 2 light kits, if you are wanting other options instead of the flames...my Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits have 358 different color / color transition modes, adjustable brightness, adjustable speed and a DIY favorites list that allows you to save up to 8 of your favorites color patterns with a remote control (no need to open the backbox) for quick access. All for $85 and shipping in 0 - 3 days. If you want to add more color options and transition and sound controlled effects...I offer the deluxe sound controller for an additional $10 that can be easily swapped in place of my default deluxe controller. It adds 5 sound activates modes, 6 rainbow color patterns and 5 single color transition modes in 51 different selectable colors. So, if a person is wanting anything other than the flames....I think my Deluxe light kit is the obvious choice for $85.
I would think you would have seen by now.....if you are going to tell lies on me, I don't mind calling people out for their lies. Professional, unprofessional I don't GAF. I'm not going to let someone lying about me and my business slide. If you are going to tell lies about me in public....I will step right up and let people know what the truth is.
I really don't know what has brought out all of the lies, slander and spite with people concerning these light kits. No one that has ordered from me has currently been waiting over 6 months to get their order shipped and the wait time window is getting shorter as I get more of the type 14 light kits shipped out. 100s of people have received them and seem very happy with them. If you have ordered and want to cancel your order....feel free to ask me to cancel your order, but please, don't do that and run to the internet to lie about the situation.

Doug, you really need a better PR team, but I'll play along, however I'll happily answer your questions. I think it's evident in our conversation below that:

1. I've been both, very patient with you and this order.
2. I've been Respectful throughout our entire ordeal, even when I cancelled the partial order.
3. I'm a bit shocked myself,given you are claiming that my City Inserts have been delivered because I honestly haven't received them.

****If you can give me a tracking number I'd appreciate it, I've never received a tracking number nor notification that my order shipped*****
From my perspective even though I cancelled most of my order, I still haven't received anything from my order that I placed on May 30th (Going on, 4 months).

As you requested here is undeniable proof of when I placed my order with you. May 30th 2022

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

I don't mind posting all the messages of our conversation but to honestly keep this forum drama free (I don't really appreciate you pulling me, your customer into this) I am going to keep this post simply and to the point. I asked for an ETA on multiple occasions.

Here are post of me asking for an ETA in July and then 2.5 months later in August.

3 days later I realized I could get a Myth Kit in 2 weeks, so I sent you another email cancelling MOST of my order. I still kept the City Skylight inserts and the light spreader as I wanted to mix and match to see what I liked best. You replied that I still had to wait months even if it was just the inserts. I highlighted your response on yellow. Valid reasons, I didn't complain and I waited (Still waiting from my perspective)

here is the rest of the our conversation.

I really don't understand why you would ever want to bring this negative attention to your business. I had left my sour experience in waiting so long for my this kit alone. Simply put, if you had delivered your product within a reasonable delivery time, you would have gained a customer for life.

However that never happened and just like you decide how to run your business at your discretion, I have a right to decide who I want to give business to based on what I want. I then chose to go the Myth Pinball route and am very happy with the way things turned out. So happy I made a full install tutorial video to help out both the company and others who may struggle with the install.

At this point, I think it's fair to anyone purchasing this product from you to know that:

1. You can take up to 5-6 months to deliver the flaming light kit.
2. Your competitors can deliver a very similar product in 2 weeks for comparison.
3. You will bash your buyers as you have done to me, I also have seen I am not the only one you've bashed on this forum. You seem to have a history of doing this and as a business owner myself, I will let you know this never good for business.

I don't appreciate you calling me a liar, as nothing I have said has been a lie. I have been patiently waiting for anything to arrive from you and the people should know that even ordering simple city inserts from you can take up to 2.5 months or later. This is all valuable information buyers would want to know, when dealing with you and your company.

If people are willing to put up with that, then god bless them.. that's perfectly acceptable but now that I know there is an alternative, similar product, that ships within 2 weeks, honestly I have a right to decide what's ideal for myself as well and I have.

Hope this clarifies the situation, and I'm serious, please send me my tracking number of the city inserts you are claiming you shipped. Thanks.

#2787 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

Be careful what you say here.
Folks who convinced themselves it's better to wait 5 months will start down voting.

You weren't kidding. I did write that I felt it was a better KIT IMO "In my Opinion" and Doug went on a rant for voicing my opinion. This is still a free country right? He really can't take any criticism can he?.. and it's a shame really.

#2788 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

You weren't kidding. I did write that I felt it was a better KIT IMO "In my Opinion" and Doug went on a rant for voicing my opinion. This is still a free country right? He really can't take any criticism can he?.. and it's a shame really.

Totally.

He doesn't seem to understand that his rants don't help his business.

His product is good, but he gets so unhinged. We all have choices where to spend our money.

#2789 1 year ago

Jedi_Gill You are free to buy your mods wherever you like just like everybody else is and you are also free to post your own opinion on which is better. I just have to say that the way you cancelled your order wasn't the right way to do it. He is right about the PayPal fees and opening a case is bad for a business on payPal. If you thought that by doing this you were just asking for a refund then I guess you haven't purchased much on PayPal before, It does make it clear that you are disputing the charges and it's not just a straight refund. I have previously purchased from Doug in the past along with 100's of others and had nothing but great experience with him. It just seems that this particular mod is the one everyone wants and he is having difficulty getting. If you send him a PM asking for a refund at 1am you should have had the courtesy to at least give him 24hrs to respond to you before making a claim against him. I have no dog in this race I'm just commenting as a past customer and business owner.

#2790 1 year ago

I don't disagree with you Red, if you read the detail of my messages I clearly apologized for doing this simply stating that his phrase "Feel free to go ahead and cancel" meant that it was an action that I had to do on my end.

By the way, to stay on track, the argument isn't that I canceled, nor how I canceled. I think it was very clear in my messages that, this was entirely a misunderstanding but not something I nor Doug was directly upset about. He also realized his wording could be better and he admitted as such and changed his message to contact him to cancel instead of directly telling his customers that they can cancel anytime they want with no clearly defined process.

The argument he's making is that I'm somehow lying about how long this item takes to get delivered; He's also claiming I've already received my City skyline inserts and Light Dithering panel which I haven't. So from my point of view, an order I placed on May 30th, hasn't been fulfilled. What triggered him is, "My Opinion", that getting a pinball light kit from Myth Pinball is a better alternative given my experience.

BTW I've checked my email, and my messages on PINSIDE, and I don't have any tracking number nor messages from him that my order shipped. As it stands, it's very well possible he shipped it and the shipper lost it, or he made a mistake and he hasn't shipped it. Not sure, all I can be certain of is that part of my order which is not yet fully canceled was placed on May 30th, and I have not received anything. I would love to have a tracking number to see where it may be and I can verify it on my cameras at my home if it was indeed delivered and not stolen from my home.

In the future, and to your point. I have learned to work with the vendor to cancel my order with them directly when buying through Paypal. At the same time, I think Doug has realized that he needed to clarify and communicate his preferred canceling process with his customers (I've attached the screenshot where he agrees his wording should be changed). Thank you Red for your input.

#2791 1 year ago

Why do we have to endure these speaker light rants on unrelated threads month on month? It's exhausting. I waited 5 months or just over, I had no expectations of any different (ie was happy to wait), and Doug's response to a question or two was far far beyond what was required. He really took the time to go into great detail and effort to ensure my setup was perfect. If there was an expectation these would be in stock and ship immediately, then 5 months would have been ridiculous of course. But there wasn't; it is clearly laid out on the website re lead times, so I really don't understand the fuss. There are so many items currently on backorder across numerous industries, is it really unexpected to have a wait time these days?

#2792 1 year ago

Monthly beg, please start a separate thread for speaker light kits.

#2793 1 year ago

I painted and fitted my new Godzilla figure today. This one is a much better scale than the stock.

7BAD0C2A-1AE9-48FA-BDBC-B1EF21BD8178 (resized).jpeg7BAD0C2A-1AE9-48FA-BDBC-B1EF21BD8178 (resized).jpegDA837840-DD0C-4A0F-B1A3-D85090BC342B (resized).jpegDA837840-DD0C-4A0F-B1A3-D85090BC342B (resized).jpeg
#2794 1 year ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

I painted and fitted my new Godzilla figure today. This one is a much better scale than the stock.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Details please?

#2795 1 year ago
Quoted from Nikko:

Looks great! Details please?

This is the 1974 Godzilla money bank. I had to cut it with a saw just at the top of the thighs and used the stock clear plastic for mounting. There was enough plastic in the top of the thigh to be able to put one screw in to secure it and a bit of hot glue did the job. I had to cut the arm bend and glue it in place closer to the body for it to fit.

I taped off the eyes and painted in a dark green then dry brush in a lighter green. I did the same in blue for the rear protruding bones. Easy as!

27B477E0-AE74-4129-B7CF-4D42054F5188 (resized).jpeg27B477E0-AE74-4129-B7CF-4D42054F5188 (resized).jpeg
#2796 1 year ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Why do we have to endure these speaker light rants on unrelated threads month on month? It's exhausting. I waited 5 months or just over, I had no expectations of any different (ie was happy to wait), and Doug's response to a question or two was far far beyond what was required. He really took the time to go into great detail and effort to ensure my setup was perfect. If there was an expectation these would be in stock and ship immediately, then 5 months would have been ridiculous of course. But there wasn't; it is clearly laid out on the website re lead times, so I really don't understand the fuss. There are so many items currently on backorder across numerous industries, is it really unexpected to have a wait time these days?

You do realize that Doug started this rant, not I? Read what I wrote in my messages. I was also initially happy to wait the time required but once I found an alternative option with only a 2-week delay, I made my choice and canceled my order.

I think we can all agree there is nothing wrong with that, I then made a post with instructions on how to help others and gave my opinion that I thought the myth Kith was a fantastic product and best of all it had a much quicker response time.

I'm seriously just confused why Doug would take what I wrote and turn it into a huge PR nightmare for himself. At this point I'm still waiting for the City Scape inserts from him. He's claiming he's shipped them but I'm still waiting for him to reply with a tracking number to help track it down.

So to answer your question, I also don't appreciate being dragged into this unnecessary conversation either. I'd like this thread to stay on topic and be about the mods we all love to add to our Godzilla PIN; But at the same time, I can't stand idle while someone wants to smear my name and call me a liar because Doug's feelings got hurt that I decided to go with another vendor, and I gave my opinion that I felt Myth Pinball was simply a better product. He needs to let those comments slide and grow a thicker skin.

In conclusion, the reason this topic keeps popping up is a common denominator, and you need to ask Doug to make it stop.

#2797 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

I don't appreciate you calling me a liar, as nothing I have said has been a lie.

Let's see...

Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Mine was also on order from Doug for 5 months

You ordered 5-30-22 and opened the PayPal claim on 8-13-22. That is NOT 5 months. Heck, it has STILL not been 5 months since your order. It's not even been 4 months. So, what you said was either a lie or you are too stupid to know that. Please feel free to report back and let us know which it was.

Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

I'm glad in the end I got what I feel is a better product for a cheaper price

My Flamin' light kit is $120 (Deluxe is $85). The Myth light kits is $125 (or $130 on Pinside). So again, either a lie or...

Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Still waiting for the city insert

Well, I guess this may be true. Technically you could leave the order in your mailbox for months and still claim you are "Still waiting", but USPS says "Latest Update Your item was delivered" So either that was your lie or USPS is lying about the delivery. In know who I am going to believe. The tracking number would have been e-mailed to you by PayPal when it shipped.

So, it seems your claim that you hadn't told any lies was a lie in itself. Chalk up another one, I guess. I think we are seeing a trend here.

I don't remember giving my permission for you to post any PMs, but that is fine. I urge everyone to give them a read. Though you did mysteriously leave one of my replies out after you asked for the update on Aug 9th. What we see in the PMs is my willingness to work with you and send the speaker plates you ordered in a separate order (and giving you that $25 combo discount upfront), me answering your repeat "when will I get my order" messages as best as I could and explaining to you that opening a PayPal claim is NOT a good thing. All in a kind and civil manner. It also explains to you why I have the city skyline designs listed as MAY DELAY ORDER on my website. As I do not want to get someone's type14 light kit completed and then have to hold their order longer due to a shortage on the designs. So, I offered to put your new design only order back in line where your canceled order was. Last week I got a big acrylic order in and realized I had enough to send you your design order...so I did.

Then you come on to Pinside to lie about your dealings with me. So, if you didn't want drama, that was a bad call on your part.

#2798 1 year ago

Doug, nobody wants to hear this drama; and I don't want to be a part of your troubled business ventures.

Can you please just send me the tracking number of my city inserts and light dithering panel?

Your claiming Paypal was supposed to send me the E-mail and I'm telling you "I DON'T HAVE ANY EMAILS ABOUT IT, nor has what I ordered from you 4 months ago arrived at my home. (If I wrote 5 months my apologies, I meant 4, still doesn't sound great either way)

Can you please just go into your records or whatever you need to do and PM me the tracking number to what I purchased from you that I have not yet received?

It's the best way to simply end this transaction with me, if you refuse to not provide me a tracking number then I'll be forced to put in a claim with Paypal and as previously discussed I rather not do that to hurt your business any further.

#2799 1 year ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow this looks amazing, I agree this totally works with the PIN and looks stock. It now matches the size of Mechagodzilla, and I must say your painting skills are simply amazing. I think that's what sold it for me, Mind sharing what exact paints you used, and having some closeups of your work of art. I think I wouldn't mind borrowing this idea from you.

P.S. if you wanted to sell mods, I can totally see this selling.

#2800 1 year ago

Shall we rename this thread “Speaker Light Mod Battle Royale” and begin a new Godzilla modding thread?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

There are 5,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 105.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.