IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg
There are 5,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 105.
#2501 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Got the neon sign in last night, man is this pretty, photos really don't do it justice.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Any chance you can direct me to where you bought you Xilians figure from that you have on top of your scoop? Thanks!

#2502 1 year ago
Quoted from Fraggo:

Any chance you can direct me to where you bought you Xilians figure from that you have on top of your scoop? Thanks!

I found that on eBay a few months ago,unfortunately it was a random seller not a dealer, who only had the one piece.

#2503 1 year ago

3D hinges covers in different styles and colors

2667BA67-D19D-4276-9959-1D851967BFAA (resized).jpeg2667BA67-D19D-4276-9959-1D851967BFAA (resized).jpeg40A8F95B-AC8D-4BAF-BB35-BD821EA3EC41 (resized).jpeg40A8F95B-AC8D-4BAF-BB35-BD821EA3EC41 (resized).jpeg769B08D2-1500-4E29-8B21-F3A2F89DB5E7 (resized).jpeg769B08D2-1500-4E29-8B21-F3A2F89DB5E7 (resized).jpegCF26BABA-A225-4E74-9CF5-558057BD70F3 (resized).jpegCF26BABA-A225-4E74-9CF5-558057BD70F3 (resized).jpeg
#2504 1 year ago
Quoted from Cento:

3D hinges covers in different styles and colors
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My issue with them (besides my aesthetic issue with FDM mods in general) is that the side of the machine already says Godzilla. The machine says Godzilla 5 times. Now 7 with these. . It's same issue with TMNT topper (I hope the official topper does not say Godzilla!)

Maybe with Katakana characters this would not be as bad. or just something besides the name of the pin.

#2505 1 year ago
Quoted from Fraggo:

They were made back in 2004 and pretty hard to come by these days. I might know of someone who had a set while waiting on his GZ, in which I think he changed his deposit to one of the newer and latest greatest machines now (mistake lol). I can find out if you like.

#2506 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

My issue with them (besides my aesthetic issue with FDM mods in general) is that the side of the machine already says Godzilla. The machine says Godzilla 5 times. Now 7 with these. . It's same issue with TMNT topper (I hope the official topper does not say Godzilla!)
Maybe with Katakana characters this would not be as bad. or just something besides the name of the pin.

I agree, Katakana would be the best option here.

#2507 1 year ago

Getting there guys... Feel like I could call it done now and be happy with it.
PXL_20220817_041453446 (resized).jpgPXL_20220817_041453446 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220817_041413217 (resized).jpgPXL_20220817_041413217 (resized).jpg
Last couple of days I added:
Precision-Flip flippers/bushings
Replaced white GI bulbs with warm white (thanks @ChipScott)
clear PerfectPlay rubbers (w/green flippers). Really like the clear slingshots with the warm white...
Clear PETG Washers for the finishing touch on the slingshots (thanks @apinjunkie)
Sleal16 UFO with Zitt's clear pop bumper skirt/base. I decided to not use the clear body, so it wouldn't leak as much light under the UFO. You can't really see the body from playing angle.
sleal's mecha spinner platform, with a tad bit of paint to match my painted mecha GZ better.

That area around the scoop is probably my favorite area now
PXL_20220817_041537641 (resized).jpgPXL_20220817_041537641 (resized).jpg

I bought some other lighting stuff from comet to mess around. I tried the fire star post lights under the powerline targets, wasn't for me. I also tried adding star post lights (white/fire) at the slingshots but it didn't add much light while still being annoyingly bright. I probably will add a trough light, but i think that's it.

All I'm waiting on at this point is flaming speaker light kit and Naegele Oil building. I'm not 100% on the building yet, will have to see how it fits in my particular pin. Maser cannon may have to go if I install it.

Thanks to many more here for the great mods and great inspiration!

#2508 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Replaced white GI bulbs with warm white (thanks ChipScott)
clear PerfectPlay rubbers (w/green flippers). Really like the clear slingshots with the warm white...
Clear PETG Washers for the finishing touch on the slingshots (thanks Apinjunkie)
Sleal16 UFO with Zitt's clear pop bumper skirt/base. I decided to not use the clear body, so it wouldn't leak as much light under the UFO. You can't really see the body from playing angle.
sleal's mecha spinner platform, with a tad bit of paint to match my painted mecha GZ better.
[quoted image]
I bought some other lighting stuff from comet to mess around. I tried the fire star post lights under the powerline targets, wasn't for me. I also tried adding star post lights (white/fire) at the slingshots but it didn't add much light while still being annoyingly bright. I probably will add a trough light, but i think that's it.
All I'm waiting on at this point is flaming speaker light kit and Naegele Oil building. I'm not 100% on the building yet, will have to see how it fits in my particular pin. Maser cannon may have to go if I install it.

Re: the star post lights...

You can get the in line adjuster for the lights so you can change the brightness of them. I have them on my JP and play on getting them on my GZ and I don't have the brightness all the way up on my JP.

#2509 1 year ago

Great looking game, well done sir.

#2510 1 year ago

Has anyone successfully installed the NECA Godzilla Against Mothra figure. I followed the instructions I found on multiple posts for a different neca figure but for the life of my I can’t see how this will fit or how I’d get the plastics re-installed. Admittedly I a terrible at this stuff so likely a me problem lol.

#2511 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Has anyone successfully installed the NECA Godzilla Against Mothra figure. I followed the instructions I found on multiple posts for a different neca figure but for the life of my I can’t see how this will fit or how I’d get the plastics re-installed. Admittedly I a terrible at this stuff so likely a me problem lol.

when I search this topic for "neca mothra" the first result is quoting a post with install specifics for this figure.. I didn't look past that but there's probably more..

#2512 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Replaced white GI bulbs with warm white (thanks ChipScott)
Clear PETG Washers for the finishing touch on the slingshots (thanks Apinjunkie)
[quoted image]

Where is that cool sign at the scoop from?

#2514 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Anyone have a trough light installed? Can you post some pics if so?
I am looking to install one and just looking for ideas about colors.
The obvious one is red but was wondering about other possible colors like blue maybe too.

Quoted from purbeast:

The obvious one is red but was wondering about other possible colors like blue maybe too.

I have one that I made that's hooked up to an RGB controller, and cycles through colors. It actually goes Controller -> Backbox -> into the machine, under the playfield -> trough, so that the colors behind the backbox and trough are in sync.

Might have been overkill, but it works well for me.

I'll try to post some video later...

#2515 1 year ago

Super slow WIP. As soon as I finish completing the other requests I can move to finishing this. Next is the roof before I start adding some paint details. Need to also get the floors metal paths custom cut, so that will be its own challenge.

2022-08-12 09.28.23 (resized).jpg2022-08-12 09.28.23 (resized).jpg2022-08-12 09.28.28 (resized).jpg2022-08-12 09.28.28 (resized).jpg2022-08-12 09.28.32 (resized).jpg2022-08-12 09.28.32 (resized).jpg2022-08-12 09.28.36 (resized).jpg2022-08-12 09.28.36 (resized).jpg2022-08-12 09.28.38 (resized).jpg2022-08-12 09.28.38 (resized).jpg
#2516 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Super slow WIP. As soon as I finish completing the other requests I can move to finishing this. Next is the roof before I start adding some paint details. Need to also get the floors metal paths custom cut, so that will be its own challenge.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Begun, the "Premium Building Wars" have! This looks great. it's a complete replacement for the building, I assume? And would the 3rd and 4th floor walls survive a direct hit at the start of GZ multiball if you bash it before the building has a chance to lift back up??

#2517 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Begun, the "Premium Building Wars" have! This looks great. it's a complete replacement for the building, I assume? And would the 3rd and 4th floor walls survive a direct hit at the start of GZ multiball if you bash it before the building has a chance to lift back up??

Thanks! Yeah, complete replacement. Theres no room in the current framework to allow any depth to build on. With 3rd and 4th floor, you mean the 1st and 2nd floor at the bottom? Theres two approaches I'll be testing to see whats more durable. At the very least the wall will have a metal brace behind it. I'll be making all the pieces in a higher rated flexible resin, see how that holds out. Else might make the bottom half thats prone to getting hit while the building is moving molded and create that section with metal.

Once all that structure is taken care of, there will be options for internal lighting. Lots of approaches, just needing to find the time.

#2518 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

With 3rd and 4th floor, you mean the 1st and 2nd floor at the bottom?

No I mean the top floors. I guess its more obvious what to protect when building is in the normal/ball lock.. but a little less obvious, when the building lowers to release, you can immediately shoot and hit the top 2 floors right in the middle. Doesn't happen a lot, but i guess it only takes one good smack.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2519 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

No I mean the top floors. I guess its more obvious what to protect when building is in the normal/ball lock.. but a little less obvious, when the building lowers to release, you can immediately shoot and hit the top 2 floors right in the middle. Doesn't happen a lot, but i guess it only takes one good smack. [quoted image]

Ah, gotcha. Whats been happing with mine I guess the I dont get it back up there fast enough after the drops. I'd hit the lower half as its still getting into position. All my dings on the front wall is in the first two floors. Yeah will have to set up the environment to hit that more often during testing. "luckily" those sections is more solid compared to the thinner lower areas. Whatever that can handle the top should be even more resilient.

#2520 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Thanks! Yeah, complete replacement. Theres no room in the current framework to allow any depth to build on. With 3rd and 4th floor, you mean the 1st and 2nd floor at the bottom? Theres two approaches I'll be testing to see whats more durable. At the very least the wall will have a metal brace behind it. I'll be making all the pieces in a higher rated flexible resin, see how that holds out. Else might make the bottom half thats prone to getting hit while the building is moving molded and create that section with metal.
Once all that structure is taken care of, there will be options for internal lighting. Lots of approaches, just needing to find the time.

Wow can’t wait to see how it looks when it’s painted and with lightning.

Fantastic work

#2521 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is coming together quite nicely Sergio. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Keep up the great work!

#2522 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

They were made back in 2004 and pretty hard to come by these days. I might know of someone who had a set while waiting on his GZ, in which I think he changed his deposit to one of the newer and latest greatest machines now (mistake lol). I can find out if you like.

Would be great if you could and don't mind? Its a nice simple mod to go next to the sign... seems just the right scale also. Thanks!

#2523 1 year ago
Quoted from Fraggo:

Would be great if you could and don't mind? Its a nice simple mod to go next to the sign... seems just the right scale also. Thanks!

After a long time looking, I recently (finally!) found the female Xilien controller on eBay. The male controllers are much easier to find on eBay.

If helpful, my eBay search string was:

(xilien,xian) godzilla

#2524 1 year ago
Quoted from Fraggo:

Don't forget to add mirror blades that way the sexiest part of that sculpt is not lost. Just saying.

IMG_20220709_105634365~4 (resized).jpgIMG_20220709_105634365~4 (resized).jpg
#2525 1 year ago

We finally got our custom Mechagodzilla mod for the Pro machines finished
https://www.pinballlife.com/mechagodzilla-figure-for-stern-godzilla-pro.html

Mechagodzilla (resized).pngMechagodzilla (resized).png
#2526 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

https://www.pinballlife.com/mechagodzilla-figure-for-stern-godzilla-pro.html[quoted image]

Looks great Terry. Seeing his tail and legs underneath the playfield dangling is TOO funny.

#2527 1 year ago

Ha! I wondered what to do with those extra legs

#2528 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Sorry about the glare in the beginning. That goes away once the playfield light show starts up.

The trough light and backbox lighting are tied into the same RGB controller

(Also, the under cabinet LEDs are tied into the saucer led. A small RGB light shining onto the building is tied into the action button led (which is out of frame)

#2529 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Sorry about the glare in the beginning. That goes away once the playfield light show starts up.
The trough light and backbox lighting are tied into the same RGB controller
(Also, the under cabinet LEDs are tied into the saucer led. A small RGB light shining onto the building is tied into the action button led (which is out of frame)

Nice light show, I like the King Ghidorah mounted in the back also. Hard to tell cuz it's a short clip but it looks like your left inlane missiles lights are not working.

#2530 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

https://www.pinballlife.com/mechagodzilla-figure-for-stern-godzilla-pro.html[quoted image]

Is it me or do the arms look like they are switched?

#2531 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

That’s freaking hilarious!!!

Nice job!

6A883210-D396-4428-8681-7EE9054962BD (resized).png6A883210-D396-4428-8681-7EE9054962BD (resized).png
#2532 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Is it me or do the arms look like they are switched?

What's throwing me off from the picture is the elbow joint is straight but the arm looks bent above it. And just a bit unnatural arm posing in general for what I'd expect from my space robot dinosaur.

But the under the playfield part is incredible. Well done!

#2533 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Nice light show, I like the King Ghidorah mounted in the back also. Hard to tell cuz it's a short clip but it looks like your left inlane missiles lights are not working.

Interesting! Thanks for the heads up, I shall check it out!

#2534 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

What's throwing me off from the picture is the elbow joint is straight but the arm looks bent above it. And just a bit unnatural arm posing in general for what I'd expect from my space robot dinosaur.
But the under the playfield part is incredible. Well done!

That's just what the toy looks like. It is a bit weird; I'm not sure why Bandai chose that pose/angle for the arms

#2535 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

LOL!!!
I have a premium, do you sell just the legs?!

#2536 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

LOL!!!
I have a premium, do you sell just the legs?!

I'll sell you mine!

#2538 1 year ago

Godzilla alien $20 free shipping:

ebay.com link: itm

3C0BC1A2-23F9-4D13-91F0-973EDB4608CD (resized).png3C0BC1A2-23F9-4D13-91F0-973EDB4608CD (resized).png
#2539 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Godzilla alien $20 free shipping:
ebay.com link: itm[quoted image]

she went QUICKLY.

#2540 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

she went QUICKLY.

Yep. Lucky me.

#2541 1 year ago

Can anyone give a basic explanation of removing part of the bridge to replace the plastic underneath with the stainless mod? Thanks

#2542 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Can anyone give a basic explanation of removing part of the bridge to replace the plastic underneath with the stainless mod? Thanks

I replaced mine about 4/5 months ago along with the bridge plastics. It was a pain… I would suggest that you have the playfield out if you can. This will give you the best access to everything. Or at least have full topside access.

Here’s a couple videos that might help;

Here’s a pic of mine with stainless bridge and plastic replacement.

6F309AD8-1C57-42A1-A680-E7F4EA6E7533 (resized).png6F309AD8-1C57-42A1-A680-E7F4EA6E7533 (resized).png
#2543 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I replaced mine about 4/5 months ago along with the bridge plastics. It was a pain… I would suggest that you have the playfield out if you can. This will give you the best access to everything. Or at least have full topside access.
Here’s a couple videos that might help;

Here’s a pic of mine with stainless bridge and plastic replacement.[quoted image]

Thank you!

#2544 1 year ago

I have the Tdiddy tesla’s but either was not provided install instructions or lost them as I received the mod several months ago and the machine just last week. Where do I go to learn how to install these?

#2545 1 year ago
Quoted from lockeness:

I have the Tdiddy tesla’s but either was not provided install instructions or lost them as I received the mod several months ago and the machine just last week. Where do I go to learn how to install these?

TDiddy's YouTube page. Can't post a link

#2546 1 year ago
Quoted from lockeness:

#2547 1 year ago

For those interested, here is Myth Pinball Speaker light frames with Doug's cityscape acrylic:

#2548 1 year ago
Quoted from lockeness:I have the Tdiddy tesla’s but either was not provided install instructions or lost them as I received the mod several months ago and the machine just last week. Where do I go to learn how to install these?

His YouTube video has you remove the ramps which is not necessary, but you might prefer to. Also by default one tower is turned a completely different direction which bothers a lot of people, but you can come up with some clever solution to fix if desired (I cut mine off at the base and glued it back together turned 90 degrees)

#2549 1 year ago

Another alien, same seller I got mine from, free US shipping:

ebay.com link: itm

09923265-E578-4220-9B4A-7824FB6B760C (resized).png09923265-E578-4220-9B4A-7824FB6B760C (resized).png
#2550 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

For those interested, here is Myth Pinball Speaker light frames with Doug's cityscape acrylic:

That looks much better than the video that was posted earlier on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 105.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/51?hl=mapalot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.