IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg
There are 5,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 105.
#2451 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Finally joined the club on 8/5 when I received my GZ Premium after a 6 month wait. What a game! I immediately launched into mod installation mode as I have been stock piling them since I ordered the game. After 4 long days and a lot of help from my wife, the job is done. What some may see as clutter I see as an amazing world under glass. For anyone curious, Here's is a list of what I added to my game:
1. full set of Mezel Mod building upgrades and MaserLight cannon
2. Flaming Frame speaker light kits from SpeakerLightKits.com
3. Kenwood KFC-1366S 5 1/4" speakers from Kenwood (Amazon)
4. Start Button from Rocket City Pinball
5. Saucer Pop Button and Mechagodzilla shield mods from the Art of Pinball
6. Tesla Towers and Jet mod from TDiddy
7. coin door magnetic panel from Inscribed Solutions
8. lollipop style side armor, King Ghidorah, Rodan, and Anguirus figures from Pinball Life
9. Mothra and Jet jaguar figures from Super 7
10. Plastic protectors from ULEK
11. Street ramp decals from Tilt Graphics
12. Side blades and flipper caps from Wizard Mod
13. NECA 1964 Godzilla figure from Bizarrro Toys (Amazon)
14. Oxygen Destroyer from High End Mods (BTW, it is really great)
15. Tokyo Neon Sign by Stumblor (also really great)
16. Stern 'Mothra egg' shooter rod
17. TOHO magnetic sign from Space Coast Pinball
18. Full set of Cliffy Protectors from Passion for Pinballs
19. Silicone flipper rings from Titan pinball
And last but not least, at least for now, I bought my game from one of the best distributors out there, NEXT LEVELPINBALL SHOP
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice! And I agree, nx lev is the best!!

#2452 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Finally joined the club on 8/5 when I received my GZ Premium after a 6 month wait. What a game! I immediately launched into mod installation mode as I have been stock piling them since I ordered the game. After 4 long days and a lot of help from my wife, the job is done. What some may see as clutter I see as an amazing world under glass. For anyone curious, Here's is a list of what I added to my game:
8. lollipop style side armor, King Ghidorah, Rodan, and Anguirus figures from Pinball Life
And last but not least, at least for now, I bought my game from one of the best distributors out there, NEXT LEVELPINBALL SHOP

Looks awesome! Especially the Toho Scope magnet and apron decal

One inexpensive suggestion would be to add the Godzilla Pinball 10" Interactive GI LED Strip Backboard Light Kit from Lermods. I got it in red and it really highlights the Theater building from Mezel mods and makes it pop. It makes all the pinstriping around the top of the building and Toho sign look like neon lighting.

#2453 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadem:Finally joined the club on 8/5 when I received my GZ Premium after a 6 month wait. What a game! I immediately launched into mod installation mode as I have been stock piling them since I ordered the game. After 4 long days and a lot of help from my wife, the job is done. What some may see as clutter I see as an amazing world under glass. For anyone curious, Here's is a list of what I added to my game:

Great job. Looks awesome! Enjoy!

#2454 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Man these look great! Can't think of what you're missing. I personally ditched the back right tesla tower mod so you could see the sign mod better and am really happy with how it looks. Beautiful pin enjoy!

#2455 1 year ago

Too many mods for my personal taste but it's your game, so make it yours!

#2456 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadem:

All looks great!
I tell you, that scoop sign looks awesome. Mine is in the mail enroute to me now...can't wait to get mine and install it as well!

#2457 1 year ago

Does anyone have video of these installed in godzilla or anything else ?I meant to tag the Myth speaker lights.

#2458 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Does anyone have video of these installed in godzilla or anything else ?I meant to tag the Myth speaker lights.

post #2442 is a video of them.

#2459 1 year ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

post #2442 is a video of them.

I would like to see them in a game.nevermind I lost interest.

#2460 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I do apologize as I do not have a promo video for Godzilla created yet. That is why I haven't been advertising it on Pinside under Godzilla yet. You can get a good idea of what the frames look like based on my promo videos for other games.

I have been too busy focused on fulfilling the orders that I have currently. Once the order volume calms down I will have some extra time to create some more promo videos.

Appreciate everyone and thanks for all the orders, working hard to get them all out as fast as possible!

#2461 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I would like to see them in a game.nevermind I lost interest.

Im not knocking any mods ,its great to have choices.wywin post your photos so we can enjoy.

#2462 1 year ago

It is disappointing how many folks are negative about various suppliers and mods here. It would help to recognize that almost all suppliers are very small (usually 1-person) setups that are just trying to offer something to improve the hobby.

I've had the amazing experience of working with one of these suppliers the last month on an exceptional product, based soley on the fact I was among his first customers, and he reached out after I posted some thoughts on his product. Most aren't doing it for the money. The amount of time and effort invested is off-the-charts. The testing, feedback, expertise, and time needed to produce some of these mods is deserving of apprecation, not scorn.

I get it. Some are just hard-wired to post negative thoughts about others products, products they've not even tried, or anyone they see as competition. You have to be a open-minded consumer here, and at least consider that many mod-makers are putting in lots of hard hours, time, and money, to offer something to our community. I, for one, appreciate all your efforts! Thank you!

And I can't wait for the designer/maker I'm working with to show you his next round of innovation! It's really special, something I've been helping to play test the last few weeks.

#2463 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

It is disappointing how many folks are negative about various suppliers and mods here. It would help to recognize that almost all suppliers are very small (usually 1-person) setups that are just trying to offer something to improve the hobby.
I've had the amazing experience of working with one of these suppliers the last month on an exceptional product, based soley on the fact I was among his first customers, and he reached out after I posted some thoughts on his product. Most aren't doing it for the money. The amount of time and effort invested is off-the-charts. The testing, feedback, expertise, and time needed to produce some of these mods is deserving of apprecation, not scorn.
I get it. Some are just hard-wired to post negative thoughts about others products, products they've not even tried, or anyone they see as competition. You have to be a open-minded consumer here, and at least consider that many mod-makers are putting in lots of hard hours, time, and money, to offer something to our community. I, for one, appreciate all your efforts! Thank you!
And I can't wait for the designer/maker I'm working with to show you his next round of innovation! It's really special, something I've been helping to play test the last few weeks.

I've followed this thread for some time and I haven't noticed the negativity you describe. I think it's an awesome thread.

#2464 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

All looks great!
I tell you, that scoop sign looks awesome. Mine is in the mail enroute to me now...can't wait to get mine and install it as well!

Who is the source on that again please?

#2466 1 year ago

Howdy everyone!
Does anyone have the Pro version of the TDiddy Bridge with the Pro version of the Mezel Mods Drake building?
I want to pick up the bridge, but want to make sure it will fit with the Mezel Mods building.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks!

#2467 1 year ago
Quoted from mmarino123:

Howdy everyone!
Does anyone have the Pro version of the TDiddy Bridge with the Pro version of the Mezel Mods Drake building?
I want to pick up the bridge, but want to make sure it will fit with the Mezel Mods building.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks!

It fits, I've seen ppl post pictures in the GZ thread with both

#2468 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

It fits, I've seen ppl post pictures in the GZ thread with both

Thanks so much! I'll be buying your bridge tomorrow!

#2469 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Too many mods for my personal taste but it's your game, so make it yours!

Haha I have to admit that Godzilla is my most modded game ever. Any more mods and the machine will need stronger legs. To be clear, I still have stuck to my rule of mods not obstructing view of the playfield or adversely affecting game play.

#2470 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Haha I have to admit that Godzilla is my most modded game ever. Any more mods and the machine will need stronger legs. To be clear, I still have stuck to my rule of mods not obstructing view of the playfield or adversely affecting game play.

I think it looked awesome! Just got my Premium today and will install just about every mod in this thread

#2471 1 year ago

There’s been some comments about the Myth speaker lights, just installed mine, totally happy.

They come with a programmable control box that offers the ability to update as new features are added. “Flame quality” is just a function of arduino programming, and although they could change it I think it’s pretty darn good as is. That control box also means you aren’t just stuck with flames but can have whatever other effects are programmed into the box as well. I haven’t checked all of them but it has rainbows, flames with stars etc…and the box has a neat little GUI so you can see what you’re picking. It also came with a voltage converter so you can use CN6 for power. In my case I was using CN6 for a fan I added, but with a splitter I’m still well under the 2A suggested limit.

My dealings with Myth have been awesome and I have zero hesitation recommending their kits. Great product and service.

Not sure how to post a video here or I’d put one up…

#2472 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

There’s been some questions about the Myth lights, so here ya go. Just installed mine, totally happy.
They come with a programmable control box that offers the ability to update as new features are added. “Flame quality” is just a function of arduino programming, and although they could change it I think it’s pretty darn good as is. That control box also means you aren’t just stuck with flames but can have whatever other effects are programmed into the box as well. I haven’t checked all of them but it has rainbows, flames with stars etc…and the box has a neat little GUI so you can see what you’re picking. It also came with a slick voltage converter so you can use CN6 for power. In my case I was using CN6 for a fan I added, but with a splitter I’m still well under the 2A suggested limit.
My dealings with Myth have been awesome and I have zero hesitation recommending their kits. Great product and service.

Put it on utube, then copy to here. Easy to do

#2473 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Put it on utube, then copy to here. Easy to do

Just don't have it set to private, set it to unlisted and then copy the link and paste it here.

#2474 1 year ago

Ok, here’s a short video of the Myth Speaker lights on the flame setting…

#2475 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

excellent option looks great do you have for immediate delivery? where is it bought? Thank you!

#2476 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Drop some skylines in and they'll look great!

#2477 1 year ago
Quoted from Thuillier:

excellent option looks great do you have for immediate delivery? where is it bought? Thank you!

I’m just a customer who ordered it off of their website! Took about 2 weeks or so.

#2478 1 year ago

Finally got around to lighting the Funko Zilla I put in my pro. Cartoon look may not be everyone's speed, but I think it fits well with the comic style art. Used a blue flame comet for the breath, ran off red GI so it lights when you do "damage" shots, destruction jackpot, etc. Put an ice blue spot on him off the main GI to brighten it up in general.

#2479 1 year ago

anyone installed godzilla premium speaker lights from cointaker? no directions came with it. do those white standups go in godzilla or not needed? any advice would help . thanks

#2480 1 year ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

anyone installed godzilla premium speaker lights from cointaker? no directions came with it. do those white standups go in godzilla or not needed? any advice would help . thanks

I don't know if you mean "their" Deluxe kit that they copied from me, or the pathetic, joke of a flaming light kit copy that they sell.

In either case, the nylon hex posts would be used to hold the light frames in place on the speaker panel.

If it is the "Godzilla Destruction" kit.....please post a video when you have it installed to warn others about what they would be getting. Let the buyer beware.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#2481 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I don't know if you mean "their" Deluxe kit that they copied from me, or the pathetic, joke of a flaming light kit copy that they sell.
In either case, the nylon hex posts would be used to hold the light frames in place on the speaker panel.
If it is the "Godzilla Destruction" kit.....please post a video when you have it installed to warn others about what they would be getting. Let the buyer beware.

will do... with no instructions very hard to install...

#2482 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

As someone pointed out in another thread. This is not a good look for you Doug. You should keep comments like this to yourself. Promote your product without ripping on a competitor's work.

#2483 1 year ago
Quoted from finman2000:

As someone pointed out in another thread. This is not a good look for you Doug. You should keep comments like this to yourself. Promote your product without ripping on a competitor's work.

+1

#2484 1 year ago
Quoted from finman2000:

If a former friend and reseller (Cointaker) is going to copy my ideas and light frame designs and lie to me about it for over 2.5 years....I'm not going to keep my mouth shut about it and just consider them competition, no matter how unprofessional it may look to speak up about it.

They are free to chime in anywhere they would like to defend themselves, but they won't, because they know I have the years of lie filled e-mails they sent me, where they gave their word, over and over again, that they would stop selling their copies of my light kits. Only to go against that and double down by copying my SPIKE 2 light frame design.

I guess them copying my designs that they were originally reselling, putting fake inflated prices with a slash though them on their product listings to try to fool people into thinking they are getting a deal and having a .95 at the end of their prices make them the model business. I guess I'm just not that kind of guy. What I do is sell Speaker Light Kits that I thought up, designed and make myself. I sell them at a reasonable price and stand behind my work. I have no respect for anyone that takes my work and copies it. Keep in mind, I'm not talking about every other speaker light kit out there. As many have different features and designs. I'm talking about the ones that are from people that bought my light kits, gave them to someone else and said, "copy this", with little or no changes in design or features.

#2485 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

, no matter how unprofessional it may look to speak up about it.

You are correct about how unprofessional you look.

Your product does a better job speaking for itself than you do when you come here.

Take a lesson from your competition.

Quoted from MythMaker:

Doug makes a great speaker light kit. I highly recommend it.

#2486 1 year ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

Chris put an install instruction video on youtube,

#2487 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

You are correct about how unprofessional you look.
Your product does a better job speaking for itself than you do when you come here.
Take a lesson from your competition.

12 of your 18 posts in this thread and 5 of your 10 posts in the main godzilla thread are about Doug or speaker light kits. Did you guys have a bad break up?

#2488 1 year ago

Anyone have a trough light installed? Can you post some pics if so?

I am looking to install one and just looking for ideas about colors.

The obvious one is red but was wondering about other possible colors like blue maybe too.

#2489 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

If a former friend and reseller (Cointaker) is going to copy my ideas and light frame designs and lie to me about it for over 2.5 years....I'm not going to keep my mouth shut about it and just consider them competition, no matter how unprofessional it may look to speak up about it.
They are free to chime in anywhere they would like to defend themselves, but they won't, because they know I have the years of lie filled e-mails they sent me, where they gave their word, over and over again, that they would stop selling their copies of my light kits. Only to go against that and double down by copying my SPIKE 2 light frame design.
I guess them copying my designs that they were originally reselling, putting fake inflated prices with a slash though them on their product listings to try to fool people into thinking they are getting a deal and having a .95 at the end of their prices make them the model business. I guess I'm just not that kind of guy. What I do is sell Speaker Light Kits that I thought up, designed and make myself. I sell them at a reasonable price and stand behind my work. I have no respect for anyone that takes my work and copies it. Keep in mind, I'm not talking about every other speaker light kit out there. As many have different features and designs. I'm talking about the ones that are from people that bought my light kits, gave them to someone else and said, "copy this", with little or no changes in design or features.

After watching cointakers install video, I see why you're upset. Looks like 100% copy of your design. I'll continue to only use your kits.

#2490 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

The obvious one is red but was wondering about other possible colors like blue maybe too.

I went with Red... helps enhance the color changing effect!

IMG_3035 (resized).JPGIMG_3035 (resized).JPGScreenshot 2022-07-31 115129 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-07-31 115129 (resized).jpg
#2491 1 year ago

If you want to really have some fun with the trough lighting, do a small strip in red run off of one of the red GIs, and other small strip in whatever color you like off the white GI. Then it only turns red with the "destruction effects," base color the rest of the time.a1b2c3d4

It's pretty cool how they programmed the red and white GI. Does induce some swearing when I play with the room lights off and suddenly can't see well though, lol.

#2492 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

After watching cointakers install video, I see why you're upset. Looks like 100% copy of your design. I'll continue to only use your kits.

Yeah, it's a bit more than obvious when they couldn't even be bothered to change the name of "their" Deluxe light kits. Send an original off to get copied, put up a fake price of $105.95 on the website, put a slash through it, then sell it for $89.95 (What a bargain!, but $4.95 higher than the original) and pretend like it's something that you actually put some work into.

I appreciate your support and business, but no need to swear your Speaker Light Kit buying allegiance to me. There are other nice speaker lights out there that are not mine and doing some cool new things of their own. Did you see the NinjaCamp Expressive Speaker Lights? If I had a game with Expression lights installed, I would be in on them.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods/page/13#post-7078923

#2493 1 year ago

I’m looking to upgrade the speakers in my Premium. Anyone try the speaker kit from Pinsound? $169

Worth doing? Other suggestions?

Technical features
4 inch 2-ways coaxial high sensitivity speakers set
8 inch subwoofer high sensitivity with extended bass frequency response
Kit including
2 x 4 inch PinSound speakers
1 x 8 inch PinSound subwoofer
3 x speaker fast connectors
1 x screws set
1 x illustrated step by step installation guide

#2494 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

I’m looking to upgrade the speakers in my Premium. Anyone try the speaker kit from Pinsound? $169
Technical features
Kit including
1 x screws set

Head on over to the DIY sound thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route I opted for Kicker 5.25” speakers with 3D printed adapters and a JBL Stage 810 sub. Lots of info in the thread, check out the key posts and you’ll get a good idea of what you can expect. I feel like you can do way better DIY’ing vs getting a kit.

Edited: if you go either route, make sure to look at the equalizer settings in the DIY thread key posts. They really make a difference and are a great starting point once you upgrade the junky Stern speakers!

#2495 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

I feel like you can do way better DIY’ing vs getting a kit.

Thanks I’ll take a look.

Is DIY easy enough for a non-electrically inclined person to do? I’ve been a little scared off by talk of crossover and 8ohm vs 4 ohm. None of that means anything to me. I’d hate to screw up a pin over the speaker system.

#2496 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Thanks I’ll take a look.
Is DIY easy enough for a non-electrically inclined person to do? I’ve been a little scared off by talk of crossover and 8ohm vs 4 ohm. None of that means anything to me. I’d hate to screw up a pin over the speaker system.

Pm sent

#2497 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Thanks I’ll take a look.

I don’t think I’m offside in saying this is one of the easiest mods you can do. Hardest part is soldering the old connections to the new speakers, but that can all be done outside of the pin and it’s a great opportunity to learn a new skill. No crossover needed and you can set the pin to the new 4ohm setting if you’re so inclined, although all indications are 8ohm works great (I have mine set to that with zero problems so far).

Looks like Hayfarmer sent you a PM. My guess is he’s filling you in.

Either way, great upgrade I can’t believe how junky the OEM Stern speakers are.

#2498 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I did white. The artwork and colors are beautiful and I felt the red hides that too much. White looks good.

#2499 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Technical features
Kit including
1 x screws set

Or go with Pinwoofer and you will never look back. IMHO it's a night and day difference having the extra amp.

#2500 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I’m feeling lucky!This could be the week.
[quoted image]

I ended up making my own! Video to come on my youtube channel!
you can see them in action in this video.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 105.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/50?hl=poopsmagee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.