IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg
There are 5,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 105.
#2351 1 year ago
Quoted from sidesmack40:

Very cool! Where did you get the speaker cover art?!</blockquot

Very cool! Where did you get the speaker cover art?!

https://wizardmod.com/search?q=godzilla&type=product

#2352 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/139828
For anyone that might be looking for the original Stern figure to replace their flat plastic in the pro, mine is available.
[quoted image]

You’ve actually made the stock look kinda cool. Wonder if it will be a collectible in 68 years time.

#2353 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/139828
For anyone that might be looking for the original Stern figure to replace their flat plastic in the pro, mine is available.
[quoted image]

I would not sell your figure, him playing his game is too cool of a display!

#2354 1 year ago

Sleal16 do you have any videos of your UFO mod in action?

#2355 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

This video a little outdated. Using a different color sheen on it at the moment. Have the game disassembled so can't take an updated clip for a couple of weeks.

#2356 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I'm using the Sleal16 larger saucer and I have a few Godzilla gameplay videos on my Youtube channel... before I recently changed to the clear pop bumper parts with the saucer.

Here's a link to one short video and you can access others from my channel if you like.

#2357 1 year ago

If anyone wants their shooter rod modded/painted by my daughter lmk. I feel it matches the artwork better and it’s a more comic book looking egg instead of the muted dark Stern paint job. $96 and that includes return shipping.

713260FA-4A35-4C6A-89BC-2C241900E26F (resized).jpeg713260FA-4A35-4C6A-89BC-2C241900E26F (resized).jpegA71D37A9-7AA8-45FE-A92C-0951D5A0B5A6 (resized).jpegA71D37A9-7AA8-45FE-A92C-0951D5A0B5A6 (resized).jpegE648D7BD-1CD0-4E23-96AD-39D836E4D4C4 (resized).jpegE648D7BD-1CD0-4E23-96AD-39D836E4D4C4 (resized).jpegA89AC44F-7ED4-405B-A393-42E13FA97B48 (resized).jpegA89AC44F-7ED4-405B-A393-42E13FA97B48 (resized).jpegA8C17B5A-F954-4063-BA52-71F74A2EDE05 (resized).jpegA8C17B5A-F954-4063-BA52-71F74A2EDE05 (resized).jpeg44F084CE-6D7F-4D71-92A0-2D53138B3D4C (resized).jpeg44F084CE-6D7F-4D71-92A0-2D53138B3D4C (resized).jpeg93B4680A-7DC4-428A-9CD1-36EB7439EC2A (resized).jpeg93B4680A-7DC4-428A-9CD1-36EB7439EC2A (resized).jpegF6DA0FBB-F172-49A7-A1EB-8C7D9DCBD7E7 (resized).jpegF6DA0FBB-F172-49A7-A1EB-8C7D9DCBD7E7 (resized).jpeg
#2358 1 year ago

Thank both of you for the videos that helps. Still waiting to get my notice that mine is ready to be shipped so looking into some of these.

Quoted from Sleal16:

This video a little outdated. Using a different color sheen on it at the moment. Have the game disassembled so can't take an updated clip for a couple of weeks.

Is that the large one in your video as well?

Also, where do I go to purchase one of these if I want to?

#2359 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

If anyone wants their shooter rod modded/painted by my daughter lmk. I feel it matches the artwork better and it’s a more comic book looking egg instead of the muted dark Stern paint job. $96 and that includes return shipping.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The egg is beautiful. She did a great job.
But $179 for a egg from stern, a super basic shape with no electronics, that you're just gonna have painted over for another $96, Basically $300. that's pretty tough

I think you guys should look into buying some $5 shooter rods (pinball life sells em), find a way to get an egg on there, and paint that. You can probably get a lot more people to pay $150-200 for that then pay nearly $300 for what would be the same thing having the stern one painted.

How to get an egg? i don't know. Probably easiest thing is to find a plastic easter egg and make a mold out of it, then cast it using something nice and heavy (or give it a heavy core and cast the egg around it)

Sorry for the unsolicited advice. But it would be really cool to have this as an option out there without it costing nearly $300

#2360 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Thank both of you for the videos that helps. Still waiting to get my notice that mine is ready to be shipped so looking into some of these.

Is that the large one in your video as well?
Also, where do I go to purchase one of these if I want to?

Thats the smaller one. Send me a DM and I can provide more info

#2361 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

This King Ghidorah fits perfect in the back corner if you can find one on Ebay.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How did you mount the King?

#2362 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

But $179 for a egg from stern, a super basic shape with no electronics, that you're just gonna have painted over for another $96, Basically $300. that's pretty tough
I think you guys should look into buying some $5 shooter rods (pinball life sells em), find a way to get an egg on there, and paint that. You can probably get a lot more people to pay $150-200 for that then pay nearly $300 for what would be the same thing having the stern one painted.
How to get an egg? i don't know. Probably easiest thing is to find a plastic easter egg and make a mold out of it, then cast it using something nice and heavy (or give it a heavy core and cast the egg around it)
Sorry for the unsolicited advice. But it would be really cool to have this as an option out there without it costing nearly $300

Great idea. Yeah with sterns price tag not really cost effective. Will have to look into different options. Thanks for the feedback!

#2363 1 year ago

Thanks to sorokyl idea I think my daughter and I will make some shooter rods out of resin and paint them like my daughter did.

So seeing if there is any interest. I will have the shooter rod come with it also. Lmk if anyone is interested. Price will be $96 delivered

B488C3AA-38C6-4ACA-9853-696BD3601A20 (resized).jpegB488C3AA-38C6-4ACA-9853-696BD3601A20 (resized).jpegBE07A75B-3549-4DB7-9755-40329430B3D5 (resized).jpegBE07A75B-3549-4DB7-9755-40329430B3D5 (resized).jpeg
#2364 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Great minds think alike. I started making some shooter rods for JP by casting resin and then lathing them. Then I started making the Godzilla shooter rods, which were a lot easier than using a real insect and trying to get it perfectly centered. I then mounted a brass fitting in the resin and screwed in the threaded blank shooter rod from Pinball Life to ensure the proper length. I wanted to make sure they provided the proper plunge. After casting the Godzilla one's, I airbrushed them and clear-coated them several times.

For BallyKISS1978 or any other DIYers out there, I regret starting with larger molds, which required more lathing to take down to the proper size. Also, be careful with the different resins, I found some that was cheaper but it didn't harden as well as another and I could indent my fingernail in it a couple weeks later.

And most important, be careful with power tools and machinery! This was my first lathe and had a couple fly off, even the chuck came out. Always wear protective eyewear, a thick apron and wear nothing that could get caught like bracelets or long sleeves!

IMG_0361 (resized).JPGIMG_0361 (resized).JPGIMG_0402 (resized).JPGIMG_0402 (resized).JPGIMG_0454 (resized).JPGIMG_0454 (resized).JPGIMG_0455 (resized).JPGIMG_0455 (resized).JPGIMG_8882 (resized).JPGIMG_8882 (resized).JPGIMG_9097 (resized).JPGIMG_9097 (resized).JPG
#2365 1 year ago

Want to share my Mothra. It's the Super 7 Mothra (only about $20 usd) but I've done some painting on it to better match the artwork. I also repositioned its head so i could have it in an upright position. I removed the flat plastic mothra and used one of the screws to secure this one with a paperclip into its back. I adjusted it so that it covered the flasher from the players perspective. Wings are a little translucent so it looks nice when the flasher is on.

Have some other mods come in lately, machine is feeling a lot better. Waiting on a Sleal16 UFO and mecha spinner top and I think it will really feel complete

mothra1 (resized).PNGmothra1 (resized).PNGPXL_20220729_043147577 (resized).jpgPXL_20220729_043147577 (resized).jpgPXL_20220729_043108828 (resized).jpgPXL_20220729_043108828 (resized).jpgPXL_20220729_043454262 (resized).jpgPXL_20220729_043454262 (resized).jpg
#2366 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Want to share my Mothra. It's the Super 7 Mothra (only about $20 usd) but I've done some painting on it to better match the artwork. I also repositioned its head so i could have it in an upright position. I removed the flat plastic mothra and used one of the screws to secure this one with a paperclip into its back. I adjusted it so that it covered the flasher from the players perspective. Wings are a little translucent so it looks nice when the flasher is on.
Have some other mods come in lately, machine is feeling a lot better. Waiting on a Sleal16 UFO and mecha spinner top and I think it will really feel complete
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work on the mothra, I used the same version on mine but mounted it in flight, rethinking that now after seeing it backlit. Also got to give props to the look of the mechagodzilla, great paint work. Nice looking ride.

#2367 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

They looks really good. If you want to make another for me pm me cost. Def interested and don’t have the talent to paint it myself!

#2368 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

They looks really good. If you want to make another for me pm me cost. Def interested and don’t have the talent to paint it myself!

Thanks man! i am not comfortable enough to paint someone elses stuff, I'm actually quite inconsistent just kind of make it up as i go each time. Maybe someone else with miniature paitning skills would take you up on it. happy to share the process i used via pm. it took me an hour. But I used serveral types of paints.

#2369 1 year ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Great minds think alike. I started making some shooter rods for JP by casting resin and then lathing them. Then I started making the Godzilla shooter rods, which were a lot easier than using a real insect and trying to get it perfectly centered. I then mounted a brass fitting in the resin and screwed in the threaded blank shooter rod from Pinball Life to ensure the proper length. I wanted to make sure they provided the proper plunge. After casting the Godzilla one's, I airbrushed them and clear-coated them several times.
For BallyKISS1978 or any other DIYers out there, I regret starting with larger molds, which required more lathing to take down to the proper size. Also, be careful with the different resins, I found some that was cheaper but it didn't harden as well as another and I could indent my fingernail in it a couple weeks later.
And most important, be careful with power tools and machinery! This was my first lathe and had a couple fly off, even the chuck came out. Always wear protective eyewear, a thick apron and wear nothing that could get caught like bracelets or long sleeves![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for your post. Since you made Mothra egg shooter rods I will pass on making them. You did an awesome job! Appreciate your reply.

#2370 1 year ago

Thank you for your post. Since you made Mothra egg shooter rods I will pass on making them. You did an awesome job! Appreciate your reply.

Don't pass on making these! : ) I love the way yours turned out as well, plenty of room for everyone. And I also love working on projects with my daughters. Any possible way I can keep them interested in pinball!

I had a lot of fun making them and love the way they turned out, but not sure if I'll be mass producing these. They took a lot of time to make, more like a piece of art. I might only make 10-15.

#2371 1 year ago

Just installed tdiddy tower mod.
After putting the back ball trail behind the building back on... it now rubs against the building, which it didn't do before...
I've been messing with it for several hours and no matter what I can't seem to get it placed where it's not hitting the building now...
What am I doing wrong? Thanks...

20220729_230614 (resized).jpg20220729_230614 (resized).jpg20220729_230619 (resized).jpg20220729_230619 (resized).jpg
#2372 1 year ago
Quoted from Shuoink:

After putting the back ball trail behind the building back on... it now rubs against the building, which it didn't do before...
I've been messing with it for several hours and no matter what I can't seem to get it placed where it's not hitting the building now...
[quoted image][quoted image]

I can't see what you are referring to.. maybe circle in red where I should be looking.. I don't see anything rubbing in your pics.. obviously if it didn't rub before and now it does somethings slightly not aligned. The Tower mod didn't affect anything. You might have had a bend in your ramps and when you loosened your bolts this bend came undone and now you need to bend it back before tightening. I'm just guessing here because as stated I could not see the issue from your pics clearly enough to give a recommendation. All i can say is take the ramp off again and find a way so you can properly align it so it doesn't rub.. It does have some flex so don't be afraid to bend it and then tighten.

#2373 1 year ago

I made one with a wooden egg from Amazon. Painted it and covered it in 2 part resin. With the blank shooter rod cost about $20 bucks to make.

Thanks to sorokyl idea I think my daughter and I will make some shooter rods out of resin and paint them like my daughter did.
So seeing if there is any interest. I will have the shooter rod come with it also. Lmk if anyone is interested. Price will be $96 delivered

#2374 1 year ago
Quoted from Shuoink:

Sorry I don't have an answer for you but just want to throw out there for future tower installers that you don't even have to remove the wireforms..I watched the video, but I installed mine fine without that (just undoing the fasteners that the towers go on)

#2375 1 year ago
Quoted from Shuoink:

There is usually some play in the mounting location. Loosen all the nuts and try to move it a bit for clearance.

#2376 1 year ago

Not sure what it is about this machine, but I have a acquired way to many Mods for a game I don’t have yet. Should call this game Godzilla king of Mods.

Great work mod community.

#2377 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Not sure what it is about this machine, but I have a acquired way to many Mods for a game I don’t have yet. Should call this game Godzilla king of Mods.
Great work mod community.

Go Go Modzilla.

#2378 1 year ago
Quoted from Shuoink:

If the wireform is sitting a bit too low for clean entry into the building, consider placing an additional washer in between the post and the wireform to raise it up just a little bit.
I do not have the premium/ LE, but I'm sure you made sure that you didn't push on the building a little bit during the mod install to change its (the buildings) position.
There should be 2 nuts and washers holding that wireform to its associated posts that can both be loosened to allow for a little bit of play of the wireform, which I'm sure you've done, but just wanted to make that comment/suggestion just in case.

#2379 1 year ago

I've been trying to read through the thread to find Godzilla figures for my Pro. Appropriately sized and from the right/close era. Any recommendations?

That plastic, all alone back in the left corner just screams replace me.

Thanks!

#2380 1 year ago
Quoted from CoasterG:

I've been trying to read through the thread to find Godzilla figures for my Pro. Appropriately sized and from the right/close era. Any recommendations?
Thanks!

1954 neca poster godzilla. perfect size, perfect era.

#2381 1 year ago
Quoted from CoasterG:

Thanks!

1956 movie poster neca(also search 1954. That's what year the japanese movie came out, but the movie poster is for the 1956 american re-release... so its listed as both)
1964 godzilla vs mothra neca

the 1956 is nice because it has some color to it (the movie was in black and white, so they just guessed at it for the poster).
turns out Godzilla is not bright green. So the 1964 is more accurate color-wise to what you see in the color Showa films. (It's also closer to the costume they used in those films, it changed a bit after the first film). Also, the Godzilla in the first film dies (spoiler alert) and I Believe all the rest of the films of that era, are the same, second Godzilla.

So, the 1964 is "more accurate" but the 1956 most people like the color of better. Both are posable action figures the same size made by same company

#2382 1 year ago

Thanks for the help! Picked up the 1956 Godzilla, liked the look and the accessories.

Quoted from Sorokyl:

1956 movie poster neca(also search 1954. That's what year the japanese movie came out, but the movie poster is for the 1956 american re-release... so its listed as both)
1964 godzilla vs mothra neca
the 1956 is nice because it has some color to it (the movie was in black and white, so they just guessed at it for the poster).
turns out Godzilla is not bright green. So the 1964 is more accurate color-wise to what you see in the color Showa films. (It's also closer to the costume they used in those films, it changed a bit after the first film). Also, the Godzilla in the first film dies (spoiler alert) and I Believe all the rest of the films of that era, are the same, second Godzilla.
So, the 1964 is "more accurate" but the 1956 most people like the color of better. Both are posable action figures the same size made by same company

#2383 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

1954 neca poster godzilla. perfect size, perfect era.

The modfather has a bunch

#2384 1 year ago

Got this topper idea from other pinsiders. Just installed mine. I used 4 blue post lights, 1 fire and 1 white underneath the figures. I also have spot lights pointing at the topper from both sides. I included an L bracket on the back to give it support.

3443834C-14B8-4471-9C39-8783298B120B (resized).jpeg3443834C-14B8-4471-9C39-8783298B120B (resized).jpegD0DDF4B3-BBAB-45B4-BE0E-A447F5E62B12 (resized).jpegD0DDF4B3-BBAB-45B4-BE0E-A447F5E62B12 (resized).jpegF0AABEEF-D627-4DA2-8413-78953536CD9E (resized).jpegF0AABEEF-D627-4DA2-8413-78953536CD9E (resized).jpeg739EE37B-C701-4956-BFE8-FE4F7EB3B851 (resized).jpeg739EE37B-C701-4956-BFE8-FE4F7EB3B851 (resized).jpeg
#2385 1 year ago

Where do you get the speaker lights with the flame and buildings below?

#2386 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Where do you get the speaker lights with the flame and buildings below?

SpeakerLightKits.com

#2387 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Did you do something to your Mecha GZ? He looks different. Did you paint him. The lines on him pop more than others I’ve seen.

#2388 1 year ago
Quoted from Ender21x:

Did you do something to your Mecha GZ? He looks different. Did you paint him. The lines on him pop more than others I’ve seen.

i think he used a contrast paint "wash" to make it look like that .

#2389 1 year ago
Quoted from Ender21x:

Quoted from Days:

i think he used a contrast paint "wash" to make it look like that .

I spray painted it with darker metallic paint, used a black wash, and then spent a lot of time highlighting every edge and rivet with a lighter silver metallic, and re painting all the other colors.. took a few hours. Got some more pics of it if you search my id in this thread

#2390 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Looks great. Which bridge mod is that?

#2392 1 year ago

Just received my Neca 1956 Godzilla with convenient foot holes. Will longer screws fit in order to give him better stability? Any other bracing that would help?

#2393 1 year ago
Quoted from CoasterG:

Just received my Neca 1956 Godzilla with convenient foot holes. Will longer screws fit in order to give him better stability? Any other bracing that would help?

If you have a premium I just used the stock screws and it seems fine.

#2394 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Yeah for the money you simply can't beat that Super7 Mothra figure. A little weathering/highlights with hobby paint & it will look really good. I had too much difficulty getting consistent casts from my Mothra mold for sale, so I've given up on producing them. I've been telling people to just go the cheaper route & alter the Super7 figure. Great job!

#2395 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

If you have a premium I just used the stock screws and it seems fine.

I have a Pro and it seems to be slightly different. Waiting for a few more things before I open it up and see.

#2396 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Yeah for the money you simply can't beat that Super7 Mothra figure. A little weathering/highlights with hobby paint & it will look really good. I had too much difficulty getting consistent casts from my Mothra mold for sale, so I've given up on producing them. I've been telling people to just go the cheaper route & alter the Super7 figure. Great job!

Ordered one directly from Super7 on Monday, haven't heard a word from them on shipping.

#2397 1 year ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Got this topper idea from other pinsiders. Just installed mine. I used 4 blue post lights, 1 fire and 1 white underneath the figures. I also have spot lights pointing at the topper from both sides. I included an L bracket on the back to give it support.

Which King of Monsters figure did you use for this?

#2398 1 year ago
Quoted from tripp:

Which King of Monsters figure did you use for this?

Hope to be finishing my topper off this weekend .

IMG_20220325_154531619 (resized).jpgIMG_20220325_154531619 (resized).jpgIMG_20220325_154554191 (resized).jpgIMG_20220325_154554191 (resized).jpg
#2399 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Hope to be finishing my topper off this weekend .

Those are both the figures I used.

#2400 1 year ago

I plan on replacing my Godzilla today with the NECA 1954 Godzilla, any tips?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 16.00
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
There are 5,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 105.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/48?hl=poopsmagee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.