IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg
There are 5,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 105.
#2201 1 year ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

For anyone interested I ordered my Flamin Frames 2/15 and received them 7/13. Also got my discount for bundling with speaker plates refunded to my Paypal with my shipping notification.
They look awesome and were worth the wait. Thanks Doug!

Ordered from Doug again.. got my DP speaker lights in less than a week. I ordered the GZ lights separate because I knew it would be a while. Love his stuff. Easy install. I think this is #6 and #7 kit. As for eye candy.. here's the lights installed in DP and of course set to rainbow..

20220709_191531 (resized).jpg20220709_191531 (resized).jpg20220709_191643 (resized).jpg20220709_191643 (resized).jpg20220709_191746 (resized).jpg20220709_191746 (resized).jpg
#2202 1 year ago

#2203 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

It will be closer to the vertical signs you see in this pic. The advertising will change and transition to several different Japanese ads. If I can find good pics of isolated, vertical neon, I can include those, as well.[quoted image]

Nice! I would be interested if they have that East Asian neon sign look like those in these pictures. Just make sure they are in Japanese and not Korean like in these pics .

#2204 1 year ago

Ok I might have missed this but I assumed the "free" collage blanket would fit over the glass. But it's in fact a bit short. Also not sure if I care much for how it looks on the machine, but I'll find a use for it in the future game room.

PXL_20220715_014824172 (resized).jpgPXL_20220715_014824172 (resized).jpgPXL_20220715_015001191 (resized).jpgPXL_20220715_015001191 (resized).jpg
#2205 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Nice! I would be interested if they have that East Asian neon sign look like those in these pictures. Just make sure they are in Japanese and not Korean like in these pics .

Well, these aren't the actual ads I'll be using, but I don't know the difference, so if you do, I might need to run them by you first

#2206 1 year ago

Wanted to share it here first, I’m going to be listing for sale the custom topper I put together for my GZ.

It’s not an original idea, hell I stole it from this forum I’m pretty sure, but it features both 1991 Diamond Select Deluxe PVC characters mounted to a black piece of acrylic. I wired a few of comet’s blue, white and fire star posts (6 in total) lights inside and around the water to give it a really cool effect (IMO) and used two additional spotlights to brighten up the characters themselves. I added two colored filters in the spotlights (blue and gold) since the white was just too bright and I just wasn’t feeling it.

Hookup is super simple, just run the wiring down the back box (I put them through the back of the backbox like a lazy ass but it’d be cleaner to run them down the top port hole that Stern toppers use) and use the alligator clips to tap into whatever GI light you want. The spotlights come with a small switch to turn on/off, which i know isn’t ideal, but I just never got around to figuring out how to power them from the game itself. I will include all the wiring you’ll need including the power adapter for the spotlights.

The topper is mounted to the top using 3M Velcro strips so there are no permanent changes to your game. For the spotlights, I just used some clear double sided tape to mount them. I’ll include both of those items as well so it’ll be as turn key as I can make it.

The only negative thing about this setup is the fact that it does have a slight overhang in the back but it is what it is. Hell, you won’t see it anyways, you’ll be too busy starring at those beautiful figures in front of you!

In case your curious, I uploaded a video here so you can see it in action:

I’m thinking $350 plus shipping but feel free to make an offer or to ask any questions!

10C1790E-1152-4E6A-810F-F34A78A34688 (resized).jpeg10C1790E-1152-4E6A-810F-F34A78A34688 (resized).jpeg18870935-0C08-4131-8921-D5C9BB3212C8 (resized).jpeg18870935-0C08-4131-8921-D5C9BB3212C8 (resized).jpeg2E0772C1-89F6-455B-ACE7-247AF2333E3B (resized).jpeg2E0772C1-89F6-455B-ACE7-247AF2333E3B (resized).jpegC275EBB6-EA6A-4107-B487-3BE44E0CBB43 (resized).jpegC275EBB6-EA6A-4107-B487-3BE44E0CBB43 (resized).jpegF5439EB4-E926-43EC-B463-07F35B83FB77 (resized).jpegF5439EB4-E926-43EC-B463-07F35B83FB77 (resized).jpeg
#2207 1 year ago

Just got confirmation that my GZ Prem should be arriving within a few weeks. I would like to add the Flamin' Frames. I have never modified speakers setting before. I when placing the order is there anything else I should be including so that the kit would be complete. Thank you for the feedback.

#2208 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Wanted to share it here first, I’m going to be listing for sale the custom topper I put together for my GZ.
It’s not an original idea, hell I stole it from this forum I’m pretty sure, but it features both 1991 Diamond Select Deluxe PVC characters mounted to a black piece of acrylic. I wired a few of comet’s blue, white and fire star posts (6 in total) lights inside and around the water to give it a really cool effect (IMO) and used two additional spotlights to brighten up the characters themselves. I added two colored filters in the spotlights (blue and gold) since the white was just too bright and I just wasn’t feeling it.
Hookup is super simple, just run the wiring down the back box (I put them through the back of the backbox like a lazy ass but it’d be cleaner to run them down the top port hole that Stern toppers use) and use the alligator clips to tap into whatever GI light you want. The spotlights come with a small switch to turn on/off, which i know isn’t ideal, but I just never got around to figuring out how to power them from the game itself. I will include all the wiring you’ll need including the power adapter for the spotlights.
The topper is mounted to the top using 3M Velcro strips so there are no permanent changes to your game. For the spotlights, I just used some clear double sided tape to mount them. I’ll include both of those items as well so it’ll be as turn key as I can make it.
The only negative thing about this setup is the fact that it does have a slight overhang in the back but it is what it is. Hell, you won’t see it anyways, you’ll be too busy starring at those beautiful figures in front of you!

I’m thinking $350 plus shipping but feel free to make an offer or to ask any questions![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

SOLD

#2209 1 year ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

Just got confirmation that my GZ Prem should be arriving within a few weeks. I would like to add the Flamin' Frames. I have never modified speakers setting before. I when placing the order is there anything else I should be including so that the kit would be complete. Thank you for the feedback.

Read every word on this page and you should be good to go....
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-14.html

#2210 1 year ago

does anyone have recommendations on which mirror blades to get?

#2211 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

does anyone have recommendations on which mirror blades to get?

I've installed two sets now from tilt graphics. If I had another Stern I would order another set. High quality and easy installation.

#2212 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Well, these aren't the actual ads I'll be using, but I don't know the difference, so if you do, I might need to run them by you first

Well, my Japanese is pretty rusty but I lived there for a few years and minored in Japanese so happy to help if need be.

If you live in California, I'm sure there are a lot of bilingual, native apeakers as well. Just head to any good Japanese restaurant in the LA or Orange County areas (or the Bay Area) and you'll find a lot of native speaking ex pats.

#2213 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I’m thinking $350 plus shipping but feel free to make an offer or to ask any questions![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks sweet! Nice job with the lighting effects. I had over 6 months while waiting for my machine to arrive to research figures for a topper and the diamond select ones are hands down the nicest ones out there for the price.(still I had to add my own paint touches to gz)Love the way the pose mimics the artwork on the premium back glass. I've been busy with other mods but I'm looking forward to getting mine installed soon.
I am curious on how you secured the figures to the acrylic base you made. I will be doing something similar for the base only with a larger footprint so I can utilize Sterns mounting screws.

IMG_20220403_201253029~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20220403_201253029~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20220715_000055701 (resized).jpgIMG_20220715_000055701 (resized).jpg
#2214 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:Well, my Japanese is pretty rusty but I lived there for a few years and minored in Japanese so happy to help if need be.
If you live in California, I'm sure there are a lot of bilingual, native apeakers as well. Just head to any good Japanese restaurant in the LA or Orange County areas (or the Bay Area) and you'll find a lot of native speaking ex pats.

Glad you said something. I'm not a japanese speaker /reader but am enough of a viewer of Japanese and Korean media that I can tell the difference between Hangul and Kana. Korea has produced only a handful of kaiju films and it really is important to get this right.

#2215 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Looks sweet! Nice job with the lighting effects. I had over 6 months while waiting for my machine to arrive to research figures for a topper and the diamond select ones are hands down the nicest ones out there for the price.(still I had to add my own paint touches to gz)Love the way the pose mimics the artwork on the premium back glass. I've been busy with other mods but I'm looking forward to getting mine installed soon.
I am curious on how you secured the figures to the acrylic base you made. I will be doing something similar for the base only with a larger footprint so I can utilize Sterns mounting screws.[quoted image][quoted image]

I just used clear 3M tape at the base of the figures to mount them to the acrylic. They actually stay on top of the machine just fine on their own, but I wanted to have a flat surface just to be safe and made for easier mounting to the top of the game itself. Plus, it helps reflect the light back into the water and spread out the effect.

#2216 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Ok I might have missed this but I assumed the "free" collage blanket would fit over the glass. But it's in fact a bit short. Also not sure if I care much for how it looks on the machine, but I'll find a use for it in the future game room.
[quoted image][quoted image]

They are a bit short but I usually don't mind as they function well and show the apron cards at the bottom. Thanks.

#2217 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

HOLY CRAP

Quoted from AdeptJR:

Grats!
If you don't want to wait months, check out mythpinball.com frames. Doug's are great just has a big backlog

#2218 1 year ago
Quoted from Shuoink:

HOLY CRAP

Grats!
If you don't want to wait months, check out mythpinball.com frames. Doug's are great just has a big backlog

Thanks, but I already placed my order.

#2219 1 year ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

You'll prob want to order the Tokyo skyline from his acrylic page, these lights are worth every minute of the wait. Hang in there, you'll love em.

#2220 1 year ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

I like the building also, but would recommend toning down the Naegele and the diddy mod sign. Maybe replace the goat sign with a Japanese coke sign.
[quoted image]

Not sure if that would be a legal/copywrite issue? I genuinely have no knowledge of this stuff

#2221 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

If you follow us on FB, you got to see a sneak peak on this one. I will be starting an official thread probably Tuesday next week....stay tuned
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This still in the works? Hopin I didn't miss my shot cause it looks awesome

#2222 1 year ago

Probably going to start a thread soon

Quoted from PoopsMagee:

This still in the works? Hopin I didn't miss my shot cause it looks awesome

Yeah, it's just been crazy busy again with Towers . An official thread/list is coming very soon. But here's a 95% final look on the Naegele Oil building on both models

20220715_203919 (resized).jpg20220715_203919 (resized).jpg20220715_203927 (resized).jpg20220715_203927 (resized).jpg20220715_203939 (resized).jpg20220715_203939 (resized).jpg20220715_203950 (resized).jpg20220715_203950 (resized).jpg

#2223 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Probably going to start

Yeah, it's just been crazy busy again with Towers . An official thread/list is coming very soon. But here's a 95% final look on the Naegele Oil building on both models

Very cool man! Looks amazing!
As a enthusiast of this game, but a rather rookie Godzilla aficionado overall, while it may be obvious to some, I am curious where did you get your inspiration for this building idea?

#2224 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Very cool man! Looks amazing!
As a enthusiast of this game, but a rather rookie Godzilla aficionado overall, while it may be obvious to some, I am curious where did you get your inspiration for this building idea?

The Naegele Oil comes from one of the designers, it's also on the playfield. The Goat billboard is in the ball lock scenes and the Shiro style building comes from the start of multiball scene

#2225 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Probably going to start

I just so wish we could get that middle building mod to work on a premium/LE, it’s such an improvement! Fingers crossed someone is working on figuring that out…

#2226 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I just so wish we could get that middle building mod to work on a premium/LE, it’s such an improvement! Fingers crossed someone is working on figuring that out…

It's super tight from just a quick look, at some point I'll pull the building out to see if it's possible, I think the other issue is the front building actually gets hit with the ball

#2227 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

It's super tight from just a quick look, at some point I'll pull the building out to see if it's possible, I think the other issue is the front building actually gets hit with the ball

Yeah, theres no clearance to add something to the existing structure. Even removing the existing walls to make a new attachment gives a very limited thickness of 2mm total. You would need to rebuild each of the 2nd and 3rd floor ball guides to give extra space on the outside to make new walls. Then theres the ball impact. Mine had a relatively small amount of game plays before I removed my building (around 200?), and the front face had a good amount of dents on that metal plate.

#2228 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Well, this may turn into my most heavily modded machine. I am loving all the buildings!

#2229 1 year ago

I picked this up at a buddy's shop today. I think it fits pretty well there. I also think that I'm going to paint it a lighter green to match the artwork. Maybe UV paint on the spikes. What do you guys think?

PXL_20220716_181132202 (resized).jpgPXL_20220716_181132202 (resized).jpgPXL_20220716_181541785 (resized).jpgPXL_20220716_181541785 (resized).jpg
#2230 1 year ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I picked this up at a buddy's shop today. I think it fits pretty well there. I also think that I'm going to paint it a lighter green to match the artwork. Maybe UV paint on the spikes. What do you guys think?

The lighter green really does help make him stand out better. UV paint looks good when you focus on it, but it’s a bit hard to see when a game is running. But it won’t hurt anything to do it!

#2231 1 year ago

I wasn't really bothered by this until my wife brought it up (damn art majors). I was showing her my awesome building replacement that I painted and how it was so much better than the plastic bridge and she preferred the plastic! She thinks I'm ruining the aesthetic cohesiveness of the pin by replacing certain parts with sculpted, hand painted parts, and leaving vibrant flat pop-art everywhere else. One thing I need to do is probably start painting my mods a little brighter.

But what do you guys think about this?

#2232 1 year ago
Quoted from Hougie:I picked this up at a buddy's shop today. I think it fits pretty well there. I also think that I'm going to paint it a lighter green to match the artwork. Maybe UV paint on the spikes. What do you guys think?

Put the spotlight back and just add a green led wedge bulb. That should help.

#2233 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I wasn't really bothered by this until my wife brought it up (damn art majors). I was showing her my awesome building replacement that I painted and how it was so much better than the plastic bridge and she preferred the plastic! She thinks I'm ruining the aesthetic cohesiveness of the pin by replacing certain parts with sculpted, hand painted parts, and leaving vibrant flat pop-art everywhere else. One thing I need to do is probably start painting my mods a little brighter.
But what do you guys think about this?

The wife is always right!

#2234 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Are you able to remove the goat sign? Coming along nicely.

#2235 1 year ago

That’s some badass buildings right there !
I’m in !

Quoted from tdiddy:

#2236 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

The wife is always right!

She isn't my wife, so I respectfully say that she is incorrect! *Grin*

#2237 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

This looks good, but given the clearance being so tight.. If you had pin stadium lights would these crash against it?

#2238 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

This looks good, but given the clearance being so tight.. If you had pin stadium lights would these crash against it?

Their on order , if there needs to be adjustment it will be slight

#2239 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Top work fella, that looks awesome. Don't think you had the Naegele lit last time I saw it?

Quoted from tdiddy:

I think Lior is about to release a centre building mod for the prem/le, in case that impacts whether you invest any time in it!

#2240 1 year ago

I think Lior is about to release a centre building mod for the prem/le, in case that impacts whether you invest any time in it!

Get ready to sell a kidney!

#2241 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

What's a measily $800 for a nice piece of cast resin!?

#2242 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Sign me up, already have a buyer for the kidney.

#2243 1 year ago

Just installed all the back building mods. Upon boot up, I feel like my center building light is not as bright as the right and left buildings.

I never noticed if the center building light was weaker than the other two before the mod installations. Before I start removing the mod to investigate, can anyone please confirm that the center light is as bright as the other two?

Thanks!

20220716_220949 (resized).jpg20220716_220949 (resized).jpg
#2244 1 year ago

I’m needing Help!.... on my Godzilla Pro I have the Mezel Mods Drake Building Installed. Now I’m installing Diddy’s Tesla Towers.... I added a pic to show where these mods hook up. To hook the lights up for the Towers the instructions show it hooking up in the same place Mezels Drake Building is hooked up to.... Can both Mods hook up into the same place? Thank You all for the Help and Guidance!

8B1B4395-2316-41D6-AF72-EBDBE21DBEF8 (resized).jpeg8B1B4395-2316-41D6-AF72-EBDBE21DBEF8 (resized).jpeg
#2245 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

I never noticed if the center building light was weaker than the other two before the mod installations. Before I start removing the mod to investigate, can anyone please confirm that the center light is as bright as the other two?

The Mezel Toho building doesn't have big windows like the other two building, so not as bright. I installed the red Lermods backboard light strip above the back of the playfield and it gives a really cool effect of making the pinstripes around the top of the Toho building glow sort of like neon lights. It also lights the whole building up a bit.

#2246 1 year ago
Quoted from bsobie:

I’m needing Help!.... on my Godzilla Pro I have the Mezel Mods Drake Building Installed. Now I’m installing Diddy’s Tesla Towers.... I added a pic to show where these mods hook up. To hook the lights up for the Towers the instructions show it hooking up in the same place Mezels Drake Building is hooked up to.... Can both Mods hook up into the same place? Thank You all for the Help and Guidance!
[quoted image]

Yes, both mods can hook into the same connector. I can post a picture of mine if you’d like.

#2247 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Yes, both mods can hook into the same connector. I can post a picture of mine if you’d like.

If you would, that be a Great help!.... Thank You!

#2248 1 year ago
Quoted from bsobie:

If you would, that be a Great help!.... Thank You!

Sure, hopefully this helps.

129269B0-21FF-49CE-B17A-F58C548502CF.jpeg129269B0-21FF-49CE-B17A-F58C548502CF.jpeg375B6EBE-BD01-497C-81BE-44290B3C1CD3.jpeg375B6EBE-BD01-497C-81BE-44290B3C1CD3.jpeg
#2249 1 year ago

mrossman5 ..... THANK YOU for your help! I Greatly Appreciate you reaching out and guiding us with this! Everything is hooked up and running!

#2250 1 year ago

All three of Godzilla's allies have joined the battle.

IMG_20220720_090842548 (resized).jpgIMG_20220720_090842548 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

9,000 (OBO)
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 105.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/45?hl=mapalot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.