IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg
There are 5,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 106.
#2151 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Installed Strummy’s Oxygen Destroyer today. Instructions were clear and concise, all parts high quality. I really like it. I never realized how hard it is to get the ball to drain down the right outline when you want it to!
[quoted image][quoted image]

@crwjumper. Thank you for the great compliment! I'm glad that you like it.

#2152 1 year ago
Quoted from izzy:

Thx for the detailed instructions for this mod. Mine is on it's way!

could you show a photo of the power supply added ?I may have some.

#2153 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

could you show a photo of the power supply added ?I may have some.

Tagged the wrong person,whoops

#2156 1 year ago

Does anyone know if the new batch of Tesla Towers are being made with a more durable material to avoid breaking from air balls?

#2157 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:Does anyone know if the new batch of Tesla Towers are being made with a more durable material to avoid breaking from air balls?

I don't have any knowledge of what they use but no easily printable fdm filament in pieces that thin is going to hold up well to a steel ball being blasted at it. It's a great mod, but expect to have to glue it back together maybe a few times over the course of owning it(or put up a shield)

#2158 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Neon look in Japanese?

It will be closer to the vertical signs you see in this pic. The advertising will change and transition to several different Japanese ads. If I can find good pics of isolated, vertical neon, I can include those, as well.

Vertical Sign Example (resized).jpgVertical Sign Example (resized).jpg
#2159 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

Does anyone know if the new batch of Tesla Towers are being made with a more durable material to avoid breaking from air balls?

He did beef the design up to make them stronger, but I would imagine he's using the same filament type as the originals. I haven't heard of anyone having issues since the design change.

#2160 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

He did beef the design up to make them stronger, but I would imagine he's using the same filament type as the originals. I haven't heard of anyone having issues since the design change.

I got replacements for 2 of my 3 first batch set. the towers have held up strongly (though my tesla sign popped off [i'm not mad about that at all, honestly])

#2161 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

I got replacements for 2 of my 3 first batch set. the towers have held up strongly (though my tesla sign popped off [i'm not mad about that at all, honestly])

I ordered mine without the sign since I think it looks better personally. Thought it was a great idea until one of my sons teenage friends said he really liked the new "Cell Phone Towers" I put in there ...

#2162 1 year ago
Quoted from Nikko:

I ordered mine without the sign since I think it looks better personally. Thought it was a great idea until one of my sons teenage friends said he really liked the new "Cell Phone Towers" I put in there ...

doh

#2163 1 year ago

So here is maybe a solution to a problem that's not really a problem,unless you're OCD like I am. The metal washers under the slings block the light to the artwork. I get their there to protect the edges of plastics but I don't want to go with the aftermarket protectos because they change the color of the artwork in my opinion. So I've added clear acrylic washers from Titan. Hopefully they hold up to ball strikes. Picture shows them installed on the right sling versus the left sling with the original washers. There, non problem solved.

IMG_20220711_203751899 (resized).jpgIMG_20220711_203751899 (resized).jpg

#2164 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

So here is maybe a solution to a problem that's not really a problem,unless you're OCD like I am. The metal washers under the slings block the light to the artwork. I get their there to protect the edges of plastics but I don't want to go with the aftermarket protectos because they change the color of the artwork in my opinion. So I've added clear acrylic washers from Titan. Hopefully they hold up to ball strikes. Picture shows them installed on the right sling versus the left swing with the original washers. There, non problem solved.
[quoted image]

I love this idea.. I'll go order some.. just one question.. what size should I order? They come in 3/4", 7/8" and 1" outside diameter sizes.

#2165 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

I love this idea.. I'll go order some.. just one question.. what size should I order? They come in 3/4", 7/8" and 1" outside diameter sizes.

7/8 is the same size as the washer that's stock on the machine.

#2166 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I am going to try and install this on my game today,has anyone figured out installation ?hopefully not requiring its own power supply .

Did you try it without any power supply and did it work?

#2167 1 year ago
Quoted from 77CMG77:

Did you try it without any power supply and did it work?

no I chickened out and ordered the optional ac cord setup and will work from there when it arrives

#2168 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

7/8 is the same size as the washer that's stock on the machine.

Thanks.. just ordered.

#2169 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

So here is maybe a solution to a problem that's not really a problem,unless you're OCD like I am. The metal washers under the slings block the light to the artwork. I get their there to protect the edges of plastics but I don't want to go with the aftermarket protectos because they change the color of the artwork in my opinion. So I've added clear acrylic washers from Titan. Hopefully they hold up to ball strikes. Picture shows them installed on the right sling versus the left sling with the original washers. There, non problem solved.
[quoted image]

Nice, I've been doing this for a few years now on all of my machines! Subtle, but an improvement!

#2170 1 year ago

Hi all - I just moved my Stern Insider reader to the coin door. And now there's a huge hole in the apron! I'm sure someone has come up with an idea for what to do with this. I'm thinking about adding a small LCD which plays Godzilla trailers, but surely there's a sticker or plastic out there I could do in the meantime?

#2171 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hi all - I just moved my Stern Insider reader to the coin door. And now there's a huge hole in the apron! I'm sure someone has come up with an idea for what to do with this. I'm thinking about adding a small LCD which plays Godzilla trailers, but surely there's a sticker or plastic out there I could do in the meantime?

1. Google "stern Godzilla apron"
2. Click first result
3. ???

#2172 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Who knew this takes a crap load of my free time =)

Understatement of the year. I'm right there with you. Keep up the great work tho!

#2173 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wizard mods makes an apron cover without the cut outs

#2174 1 year ago

Hi Does anyone know if a Godzilla figure just under 9" tall will fit inside a GZ Premium.

To replace the factory GZ ..

Specs on the figure only say a tad under 9" tall ...

Thank you in advance

#2175 1 year ago
Quoted from Mookie:

Hi Does anyone know if a Godzilla figure just under 9" tall will fit inside a GZ Premium.
To replace the factory GZ ..
Specs on the figure only say a tad under 9" tall ...
Thank you in advance

Seems way too tall. I bought a piggy bank hoping to put it under the glass, but it’s about 9” and approximately 2 inches too tall.

#2176 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Seems way too tall. I bought a piggy bank hoping to put it under the glass, but it’s about 9” and approximately 2 inches too tall.

Thank you ..

#2177 1 year ago

6.75" is roughly the max if I remember correctly

#2178 1 year ago

The one I bought for my Pro is JUST about 7". Figure he's a tad tall, but I love the figure so I'll likely have to trim his legs down a tad I think to make him fit. Won't know til my Pro arrives, but it should be within 2 weeks. Cannot wait...

20220609_171821 (resized).jpg20220609_171821 (resized).jpg
#2179 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I love the figure so I'll likely have to trim his legs down a tad I think to make him fit.

If it doesn't fit, just cut a hole in the glass.

This has been a proven solution for muscle car owners everywhere.

oversized engine (resized).pngoversized engine (resized).png
#2180 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

The one I bought for my Pro is JUST about 7".

Love the look of this one!

#2181 1 year ago

This is the good thing about the NECA figures. They're action figures with many points of articulation. So you can lean them and move their arms/legs/tail/head to fit and look just right. Both the 1956 and 1964 are great choices depending on what look you like.

#2182 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

This is the good thing about the NECA figures. They're action figures with many points of articulation. So you can lean them and move their arms/legs/tail/head to fit and look just right. Both the 1956 and 1964 are great choices depending on what look you like.

Yeah mine i can move his legs, arms and tail, so MAYBE I won't have to trim him??

#2183 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

The one I bought for my Pro is JUST about 7". Figure he's a tad tall, but I love the figure so I'll likely have to trim his legs down a tad I think to make him fit. Won't know til my Pro arrives, but it should be within 2 weeks. Cannot wait...
[quoted image]

That GZ looks cool
Send pic when you get it all set up if possible ..

This is the one I want to install ..maybe I tilt it down ..

Screenshot_20220712-135454 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220712-135454 (resized).png
#2184 1 year ago
Quoted from Mookie:

That GZ looks cool
Send pic when you get it all set up if possible ..
This is the one I want to install ..maybe I tilt it down ..
[quoted image]

We'll do. Hopefully soon, real soon

#2185 1 year ago

So what do you do if you want a dust cover for your machine but don't want something that's going to cover up that beautiful playfield. Simple, have a dust cover made with the playfield printed on it. Thanks to the fellow pinsiders on this thread who inspired me. Collage.com printed beach towel.

IMG_20220712_192528137 (resized).jpgIMG_20220712_192528137 (resized).jpg

IMG_20220712_192449144 (resized).jpgIMG_20220712_192449144 (resized).jpg
#2186 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

So what do you do if you want a dust cover for your machine but don't want something that's going to cover up that beautiful playfield. Simple, have a dust cover made with the playfield printed on it. Thanks to the fellow pinsiders on this thread who inspired me. Collage.com printed beach towel.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Love it! Kinda wish I had that idea! My 1956 movie poster blanket will be here this week..

#2187 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Love it! Kinda wish I had that idea! My 1956 movie poster blanket will be here this week..

Thanks, it just keeps getting better. The sun went down here and with the house lights off...

IMG_20220713_002935982 (resized).jpgIMG_20220713_002935982 (resized).jpgIMG_20220713_002949894 (resized).jpgIMG_20220713_002949894 (resized).jpg
#2188 1 year ago

towel
Cost?

#2189 1 year ago

$15.99 or $39.39 depending on size. There are other premium materials you can select for an upcharge as well

#2190 1 year ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

$15.99 or $39.39 depending on size

I have about 10 fleece covers from Collage. You can always find a code online for a free blanket, and just pay the shipping. US shipping is about $15. Only 30 x 40 inch.

#2191 1 year ago

Got the clear pops in

IMG_20220713_124600508 (resized).jpgIMG_20220713_124600508 (resized).jpgIMG_20220713_124612905 (resized).jpgIMG_20220713_124612905 (resized).jpgIMG_20220713_124652660 (resized).jpgIMG_20220713_124652660 (resized).jpg
#2192 1 year ago

+1 on the clear pop bumpers. Really works with the saucer

If you go down this path, the LED inside the bumper has four wires that are soldered to the underside of the playfield. You will need to desolder to remove the old bumper, then work the wires back under the playfield in the new bumper

#2193 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

+1 on the clear pop bumpers. Really works with the saucer
If you go down this path, the LED inside the bumper has four wires that are soldered to the underside of the playfield. You will need to desolder to remove the old bumper, then work the wires back under the playfield in the new bumper

Also there seems to be an issue with the tips of the skirts being just under 2 mm longer than the originals. If you trim it back and sand it smooth prior to installation you shouldn't have to monkey with the spoon adjustment if you're lucky.

#2194 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I have about 10 fleece covers from Collage. You can always find a code online for a free blanket, and just pay the shipping. US shipping is about $15. Only 30 x 40 inch.

Mine turned out well tha ks for posting the coupon

20220713_152627 (resized).jpg20220713_152627 (resized).jpg
#2195 1 year ago

For the people wondering about the myth pinball led speaker kit...
When I ordered I was told it would take three weeks/ship near end of July....
I got three email updates about my order the first week that updated my place In queue and estimated eta. They responded quickly when asking them questions as well..
My light kit just arrived today in half the expected time, amd they even threw in some candy as a thank you which I thought was a small but classy gesture...
I'd definitely do business with them again, and will post a follow up after I get these bad boys installed...
I've had my pin for less than a month and already have flame lights for the speakers thanks to them....
20220713_164211 (resized).jpg20220713_164211 (resized).jpg

#2196 1 year ago
Quoted from Shuoink:

For the people wondering about the myth pinball led speaker kit...
When I ordered I was told it would take three weeks/ship near end of July....
I got three email updates about my order the first week that updated my place In queue and estimated eta. They responded quickly when asking them questions as well..
My light kit just arrived today in half the expected time, amd they even threw in some candy as a thank you which I thought was a small but classy gesture...
I'd definitely do business with them again, and will post a follow up after I get these bad boys installed...
I've had my pin for less than a month and already have flame lights for the speakers thanks to them....
[quoted image]

Less pics of the candy, more photos/vids of the mod in action??

I think most of us are less interested in email communication and candy and wanting the best mods for our pins...

So let's see it!

#2197 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Less pics of the candy, more photos/vids of the mod in action??
I think most of us are less interested in email communication and candy and wanting the best mods for our pins...
So let's see it!

I've had Doug's light kit (on a previous game) and the Myth kit (on a current game) .

They are both great and look the exact same when installed. You won't be disappointed with either. The Myth kit is a great quality product. You wouldn't be able to distinguish one from the other.

But I prefer less attitude from vendors.

Myth made it clear he appreciated my business, whereas Doug comes here to post defensive excuses for his slow turnaround. Why not make more effort to improve?

Having a choice has been better for consumers. I've got two more Myth kits coming next week.

#2198 1 year ago

I don't get the beef with Doug. I ordered in Feb and received in June. Expectations were of a slow turnaround and that's what it was, so I wasn't disappointed. I had a question about something at the time and he went above what I hoped for as a response. After receiving them I had a fitment issue which I resolved myself, but he continued to ask me about it, ie was genuinely wanting to ensure I was happy.

Doug's product is great, he's very thorough, and his service is excellent. His turnaround is slow but hey that's his choice. If he's happy at that level and chooses not to expand, good on him for knowing what he wants. He's completely transparent, and only gets defensive when people think long lead times means poor service when it clearly does not.

#2199 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Got the clear pops in

I've had a customer cancel an order tonight for these clear pops because .... I assume he was watching this thread and didn't see the original thread/context:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/247#post-7012939
Please note the link above that I'm out of stock on the modern bodies in clear. I'll need to order replacements from Germany in a few weeks; for now I have removed clear as a color option.

So; please see:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tq=&tu=zitt
for all of my posts on the subject.

#2200 1 year ago

For anyone interested I ordered my Flamin Frames 2/15 and received them 7/13. Also got my discount for bundling with speaker plates refunded to my Paypal with my shipping notification.

They look awesome and were worth the wait. Thanks Doug!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

5,980 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 106.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.