IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg
There are 5,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 106.
#2001 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

ebay.com link: sch
"1956 movie poster NECA godzilla"
I think he probably put a bit of extra paint on his.

Great, thanks!

#2002 1 year ago
Quoted from Zora:

Could you please provide the source for your Godzilla figure. Looks great!

This is the NECA 1954 Godzilla king of the monsters, movie poster version with my own paint highlights added. Size and scale is perfect without any modifications needed. As much as I like the way it looks, the NECA King Kong versus Godzilla, Godzilla figure, from this era of films is also in my opinion a better sculpt of the version that's featured in most of the clips on the machine. Looking forward to getting it lit up the way I want, and there's a small bus for his clutches that I'm working on as well.

#2003 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

This is the NECA 1954 Godzilla king of the monsters, movie poster version with my own paint highlights added. Size and scale is perfect without any modifications needed. As much as I like the way it looks, the NECA King Kong versus Godzilla, Godzilla figure, from this era of films is also in my opinion a better sculpt of the version that's featured in most of the clips on the machine. Looking forward to getting it lit up the way I want, and there's a small bus for his clutches that I'm working on as well.

How did you attach to playfield?

#2004 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

How did you attach to playfield?

1956*... The original movie was 1954, this is from the American version's movie poster, the movie came out in 1956. I guess because the movie came out in black and white, the illustrator just assumed Godzilla wad green. Later Godzilla movies are in color, and we can see he is much more desaturated than this.
If you want a "dark" Godzilla, 1964 neca Godzilla vs Mothra is very similar but with more accurate coloring

I think most people use the original mounting holes, just put the screws into his feet (there are already holes!). The figure is very posable

#2005 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

1956*... The original movie was 1954, this is from the American version's movie poster, the movie came out in 1956. I guess because the movie came out in black and white, the illustrator just assumed Godzilla wad green. Later Godzilla movies are in color, and we can see he is much more desaturated than this.
If you want a "dark" Godzilla, 1964 neca Godzilla vs Mothra is very similar but with more accurate coloring
I think most people use the original mounting holes, just put the screws into his feet (there are already holes!). The figure is very posable

All this is true, right down to the holes in his feet. Makes for a easy swap with the original toy.

#2006 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

All this is true, right down to the holes in his feet. Makes for a easy swap with the original toy.

Yup, a quick mod that makes a huge difference.

signal-2022-06-22-12-07-35-728 (resized).jpgsignal-2022-06-22-12-07-35-728 (resized).jpg
#2007 1 year ago

I've seen these in the market before but can't find them now. Where can I buy a set of these towers?

Screenshot_20220629-011659_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220629-011659_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2008 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I've seen these in the market before but can't find them now. Where can I buy a set of these towers?
[quoted image]

Tdiddy makes them. I believe he’s on back order as I just ordered a backup set. He makes great mods across the board. Cheers.

#2009 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

ENOUGH already about Doug's speaker light kits. Jeesh. There is MORE to this thread than those. There awesome don't get me wrong, mine will be here in days.. Just my last .02

What do you mean enough? The question was asked and I said still haven't got them.
We are aloud to talk about this BTW. So ...... yeah. Just said i didn't get mine yet been 6 months that's just the facts.
Didn't say Doug was a bad guy or his products suck nothing like that. So you are the one that needs to relax on it..
just my .02 cents then.

Scott

#2010 1 year ago
Quoted from skooter710:

What do you mean enough? The question was asked and I said still haven't got them.
We are aloud to talk about this BTW. So ...... yeah. Just said i didn't get mine yet been 6 months that's just the facts.
Didn't say Doug was a bad guy or his products suck nothing like that. So you are the one that needs to relax on it..
just my .02 cents then.
Scott

We can talk about the speaker light kits, just not complain on the wait time, that's what I meant to say.

#2011 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

[quoted image]

Just pm me and I'll put you on the list.....

#2012 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

We can talk about the speaker light kits, just not complain on the wait time, that's what I meant to say.

Sorry, people can complain about the wait times if they so choose.

You can't dictate that others post only what you approve of as acceptable.

#2013 1 year ago

Couple more additions today, I hope to get to the speaker light kit tomorrow evening. The more I look at the mg in this, the more I think I need to pull it and repaint it. His days are numbered. It feels so good to have my own sandbox to play in. Oh yeah, and I shot over a billion today!

IMG_20220629_145650624 (resized).jpgIMG_20220629_145650624 (resized).jpgIMG_20220629_145731931 (resized).jpgIMG_20220629_145731931 (resized).jpgIMG_20220629_215935528 (resized).jpgIMG_20220629_215935528 (resized).jpg
#2014 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Thanks, last question, does the figure fit as is or,do you need to cut the tail back or make any additional adjustments? Thanks for the help!

#2015 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:Thanks, last question, does the figure fit as is or,do you need to cut the tail back or make any additional adjustments? Thanks for the help!

You don't have to cut it, just pose it. If you have trouble the tail does detach halfway down, no need to cut it....

#2016 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

You don't have to cut it, just pose it. If you have trouble the tail does detach halfway down, no need to cut it....

I was able to slide the NECA Godzilla's tail into the tie wrap already in place to secure the stock Godzilla's tail. This was the easiest mod to install.

#2017 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Couple more additions today, I hope to get to the speaker light kit tomorrow evening. The more I look at the mg in this, the more I think I need to pull it and repaint it. His days are numbered. It feels so good to have my own sandbox to play in. Oh yeah, and I shot over a billion today!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where can I find the spaceship/saucer mod?

#2018 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Contact Sleal16 to be put on a list.

#2019 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

I was able to slide the NECA Godzilla's tail into the tie wrap already in place to secure the stock Godzilla's tail. This was the easiest mod to install.

Same. I have a Pro, and there are 2 mounted screws you have to unscrew to remove the GZ plastic. I made a small brace which fits between the screw posts and zip tied my GZ figure (by the tail). Adjusted his legs a big to fit under the glass, et voila - huge upgrade. Super simple

#2020 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Contact Sleal16 to be put on a list.

That one in the photos is Liors. Different design and colors

#2021 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

As mentioned, the saucer mod is from the art of pinball available through Little shop of games in Florida. This one is for sale,if you're interested PM me. I'm going a different direction with that pop bumper. Depending on where they are with production the wait time can be huge for these saucers.

#2022 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

A much cheaper option, any have a picture of it installed? Thanks.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-100-0148-00

#2023 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Also there's Gov's mod, which I found to be the best of all, because it lifts the UFO off the playfield and is very easy to see when flashing -

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1362-gov-s-mods/05578-godzilla-ufo-pop-bumper-mod

His typically comes in silver, but I repainted mine in while and I think both look great

#2024 1 year ago

Lots of versions of the saucers available now with price points to suit any budget. As much as I appreciate the craftsmanship, sculpt and quality of build of loir's design imo, Cheko's mods Seal16 , looks the most like the ones used in the films and on the games artwork.

#2025 1 year ago
Quoted from MythMaker:

Thanks for the interest in the Myth Pinball Speaker Frame Kit
We have added some more demo videos to our channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMozvl51IL4hEWlwfLCmM0g
We are still working on a promo video for Godzilla and we are also currently sold out of our kits at the moment. We expect any new orders to ship towards the later half of July as we get more parts in.
If anyone has any question feel free to message us directly, as we aren't always monitoring all the threads. Too busy building kits and working on new products!

I will say that after watching that video and then going to your site and seeing the cool options included, I'm really impressed. I like the Tokyo landscape on the right and NY on the left - that's a cool idea. And dropping all the bullshit of Doug's kit is better, this kit is better, wait times, etc., I just want to say thank you for offering this to the community. I think we forget how lucky we are to even have pinball machines and take the modders and mods for granted sometimes (not intentionally).

I really like your design and I really like Doug's kits (I've had a couple of them), so thank you for taking the time to make these for us. I look forward to seeing these on a GZ and from a player's perspective.

#2026 1 year ago

Quick question. Are these rails for the Le? It appears so.

CFCB1909-0909-4607-8B7D-D58EB4AE0809 (resized).pngCFCB1909-0909-4607-8B7D-D58EB4AE0809 (resized).png
#2027 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

Quick question. Are these rails for the Le? It appears so. [quoted image]

they're universal, they'll fit any of the 3 cabinets.

#2028 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

They are for any GZ. They are more blackish than the picture shows. I think there are pics of them on some machines on this thread or the owner's thread.

#2029 1 year ago

To each their own but if I wanna drop 300 on my GZ, the armor is probably coming last. So many great mods for this game(almost all under $300) that you can actually see when playing the game... Even official stern add one wise it seems worse value than shaker, art blades, shooter

#2030 1 year ago

Here’s some pics of the armor on my prem - heh I noticed the missing bolt and is fixed

71B29334-B60F-4AEC-BE96-209FCB42518C (resized).jpeg71B29334-B60F-4AEC-BE96-209FCB42518C (resized).jpegD1EFBE81-8D1D-42DE-AB43-15C9F94414A0 (resized).jpegD1EFBE81-8D1D-42DE-AB43-15C9F94414A0 (resized).jpeg
#2031 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

To each their own but if I wanna drop 300 on my GZ, the armor is probably coming last. So many great mods for this game(almost all under $300) that you can actually see when playing the game... Even official stern add one wise it seems worse value than shaker, art blades, shooter

I absolutely agree with everything you said here except maybe the shooter. For the price it's pretty fugly imo.Hell, even if it came standard on the machine it would be the first thing I removed.

#2032 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I absolutely agree with everything you said here except maybe the shooter. For the price it's pretty fugly imo.Hell, even if it came standard on the machine it would be the first thing I removed.

Maybe. But the stock shooter is so bad. At least mine was like split open at the mould line and sharp/jagged. Extremely unpleasant. I replaced with 3rd party one but I can't imagine the Mothra egg is worse

#2033 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Maybe. But the stock shooter is so bad. At least mine was like split open at the mould line and sharp/jagged. Extremely unpleasant. I replaced with 3rd party one but I can't imagine the Mothra egg is worse

I have a first run premium and mine was also split at the seam as well! Had to pull it from the machine and clean it up a bit. I actually opted for the AIQ shooter with some transparent sparkling blue paint striping for GZ it lights up nice with a little modification and looks WAY better than the mothera shooter from GZ. Also used Batman 66 side rails that were custom cut for much less than sterns and I had them powdercoated with the rest of my parts the design looks like GZ's back spikes are going down the side of my machine if you use your imagination.... Love it. Looks awesome.

#2034 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Lots of versions of the saucers available now with price points to suit any budget. As much as I appreciate the craftsmanship, sculpt and quality of build of loir's design imo, Cheko's mods Seal16 , looks the most like the ones used in the films and on the games artwork.

I looked At Cheko’s pinside store and don’t see it? Anyone have a pic and how to buy?

#2035 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I looked At Cheko’s pinside store and don’t see it? Anyone have a pic and how to buy?

Just send Sleal16 a PM. He’s a great guy to deal with.

#2036 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

Sorry,
but armor looks more GOT ‘ish to me!

#2037 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Sorry,
but armor looks more GOT ‘ish to me!

(i do wish they had a little more going for them)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2038 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I have Sleal16 's UFO Saucer (V 2.0 - larger version) and really like it and recommend it! Quality is outstanding!

UFO Saucer 1 (resized).jpgUFO Saucer 1 (resized).jpgUFO Saucer 2 (resized).jpgUFO Saucer 2 (resized).jpg
#2039 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I have Sleal16 's UFO Saucer (V 2.0 - larger version) and really like it and recommend it! Quality is outstanding!
[quoted image][quoted image]

ahhh. where did you get this towel? seems like the perfect thing to cover the glass with

#2040 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

ahhh. where did you get this towel? seems like the perfect thing to cover the glass with

Thanks, it is! I had to get the Godzilla one custom made though...

IMG_2488 (resized).JPGIMG_2488 (resized).JPG
#2041 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

[quoted image]

great lineup!

#2042 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks terrific! I am patiently waiting for mine. I requested the larger version too.

#2043 1 year ago

Where do you order your custom towels from ?

Quoted from awesome1:

[quoted image]

#2044 1 year ago
Quoted from awassig:

Where do you order your custom towels from ?

There's a few shops on Etsy that offer this service.

#2045 1 year ago

If you follow us on FB, you got to see a sneak peak on this one. I will be starting an official thread probably Tuesday next week....stay tuned

20220625_122652 (resized).jpg20220625_122652 (resized).jpg20220625_122658 (resized).jpg20220625_122658 (resized).jpg20220625_122707 (resized).jpg20220625_122707 (resized).jpg20220625_122715 (resized).jpg20220625_122715 (resized).jpg
#2046 1 year ago

Love the building! Great Design. But bud..... You don't need to plaster your name on it. Its like buying a photo with a watermark on it.

#2047 1 year ago

check out these Godzilla mods.

#2048 1 year ago

If you could replace that goat with the screen from the sparky tv mod, that would be a fantastic combo.

#2049 1 year ago
Quoted from treyspaghetti:

If you could replace that goat with the screen from the sparky tv mod, that would be a fantastic combo.

I don't think my screen is that big.

#2050 1 year ago

I like the building also, but would recommend toning down the Naegele and the diddy mod sign. Maybe replace the goat sign with a Japanese coke sign.
Coke (resized).jpgCoke (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 5,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 106.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/41?hl=mapalot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.