20240316_201708 (resized).jpg
IMG_3104 (resized).jpeg
20240303_090153 (resized).jpg
IMG_8413 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).png
20240225_002120 (resized).jpg
20240225_002105 (resized).jpg
20240225_002034 (resized).jpg

There are 5,200 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 104.
#1951 1 year ago

I love to see some kind of Mothra Larva mod, maybe near the left outlane where they appear in the playfield artwork. Those guys are kick-ass in the movies.

#1952 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Has anyone done anything cool yet with the mothra plastic in the back? Replaced it with a cool mod or something? I’m not in love with the flat plastic but all the mothra toys I’ve found would be too big for the space.

Looks Pinball Life just added this Mothra mod to their website:

https://www.pinballlife.com/godzilla-sculpted-2-piece-mothra-figure-set.html

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1953 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

[quoted image]

It's pretty much just this and they probably added a wire or something. Modfather doing the same.

ebay.com link: itm

#1954 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

You must be shipping A LOT of light kits if the Godzilla one takes six months to get from you.

Not saying one is better than another, but the products look very similar, including a flame pattern and cityscape.

The main difference is it didn't take 6 months to receive the kit from Myth pinball. I got it in 4 days.

Check out their site.

Speaker Light Kits - Myth Pinball
https://www.mythpinball.com/product-category/speaker-light-kits/

Jurassic-Park-Game (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-Game (resized).jpg

#1955 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Did you try to contact me before today? From what I see...you e-mailed me at 11:15 EST this morning and asked about your order. It seems you then got impatient after a few minutes and decided to post here about how I was not responding to your "reaching out" to me. At 11:39 EST (before I saw your post here) I had a response back to you. do you find that 24 minutes that it took me to respond to your e-mail unacceptable? I see a lot of other posts about unresponsive sellers and that is not me. Those post are normally about sellers not responding after days or weeks.....not 24 minutes.
Had you previously tried to reach me somehow? E-mail, Pinside PM or Facebook message? If so....I didn't see any of them and haven't received any other reports of messages not getting to me. I get the occasional one in the spam folder, but even those are normally seen within a few days.

I would say it is currently ONE of my most popular, but not THE most popular. I see no reason for this one new product to drag down the delivery times on all of my other items that don't take nearly the time to make. Why would I sink my other 13 light kit types and their delivery times with a new product that takes more time and effort to make? Then you would be seeing this sort of questioning and talk on every game thread instead of just concerning the type 14 kits. I don't work on the type 14 kits when I feel like it...I do it when I have time to work on them.

That's not the case. SpeakerLightKits.com is my only job. It's just me and that is all that I do.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Indeed, i can confirm i contacted you some days ago and you answered me some hours after, and is perfectly reasonable to answer even 1 or 2 days after, I only answer to my clients the same day if is really very important.
Sometimes some people can't wait a bit.

#1956 1 year ago

This is the one I used https://super7.com/collections/godzilla/products/toho-reaction-wave-1-set-of-6
HoakyPoaky posted on this thread about a week ago.

Screenshot_20220623-213920 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220623-213920 (resized).png
#1957 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

Not saying one is better than another, but the products look very similar, including a flame pattern and cityscape.
The main difference is it didn't take 6 months to receive the kit from Myth pinball. I got it in 4 days.
Check out their site.
Speaker Light Kits - Myth Pinball
https://www.mythpinball.com/product-category/speaker-light-kits/
[quoted image]

Thanks. Still think Doug's look better. Just don't have the patience to wait. First world problems!

#1958 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Thanks. Still think Doug's look better. Just don't have the patience to wait. First world problems!

Yeah but look at this:
Due to high demand: We will be building the kits in the order received. You will receive constant communication of your build status and your order is 100% refundable until shipped.

If you ask these guys about your order they won’t cancel it without refunding PayPal fees LOL

These guys also might not call you out in a public forum as a customer they are annoyed with.

As a business owner myself, I appreciate every single customer and client and give them 100% every time; and it just amazes me that some business owners find their customers to be annoying and a nuisance — almost as if they feel entitled to their livelihood versus earning it. I mean…wow.

Sorry for my soapbox and derail on this club thread

#1959 1 year ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Yeah but look at this:
Due to high demand: We will be building the kits in the order received. You will receive constant communication of your build status and your order is 100% refundable until shipped.
If you ask these guys about your order they won’t cancel it without refunding PayPal fees LOL
These guys also might not call you out in a public forum as a customer they are annoyed with.
As a business owner myself, I appreciate every single customer and client and give them 100% every time; and it just amazes me that some business owners find their customers to be annoying and a nuisance — almost as if they feel entitled to their livelihood versus earning it. I mean…wow.
Sorry for my soapbox and derail on this club thread

This is how I see it too.

Some vendors don't care about substandard service if they have a line of customers.

But if they have competition and see a threat to their income, they might make an effort to improve.

#1960 1 year ago

Does anyone have a video of the myth speaker lights with the burning building frame? I would like to compare the two.

#1961 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Are there any good flipper toppers for Godzilla? Not looking for the thin sticker type.

No suggestions? Really want to find good flipper toppers for my incoming Godzilla Premium.

#1962 1 year ago

Any idea where you can get the Monster X alien figures? Thanks.

#1963 1 year ago
Quoted from nerdkiller:Does anyone have a video of the myth speaker lights with the burning building frame? I would like to compare the two.

No but I can tell that they have the same pattern on both sides (where dougs has two patterns). That's all I need to know...also the buildings are two very different styles..so your taste in that is probably enoufh to determine which is right for you..

#1964 1 year ago

This is one minute out of about 30. Sorry, I don't have a GZ to put it on for pics/vid. $149 shipped to US. A little more for International. Please send me a message if interested.

#1965 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

[quoted image]

this was the set i got off ebay several months ago. I have the mothra mounted over the left side, and have plans for the mothra larva

#1966 1 year ago

More customer service criticisms from people that, I am suspecting, have never been a customer of mine or even sent an e-mail or message asking about my products.

Feel free to point out a thread, post or example of how I dropped the ball with my customer support or how it was substandard. Keep in mind, I don't feel that being honest, upfront and to the point is a bad customer service quality.

As for canceling orders due to people asking about them....the count on that is zero. I'm sure a lot of people here know that, as they have e-mailed me and I responded and did not cancel their order. I'm not saying I wouldn't if I was bothered enough and I say as much right on the type 14 order page, but I haven't.

As of now, I am checking into each email that I receive and letting them know if I have their order on hand. That is a reply that I have posted on this thread before, so there is no need to continue to contact me and ask. You will be getting the same response each time.

As for folks canceling their orders, there have been five to cancel. Most of them were first time customers, a couple of them were only placed a couple of weeks earlier. All of them had their orders canceled and refunded without any delay, hassle or browbeating.

For the people that do actually have orders placed with me: Thank you for your patience and understanding. I am trying my best. I appreciate your business and look forward to you receiving your order and being happy with it. I honestly do not think there is a more impressive looking SPIKE 2 flaming Speaker Light Kit available. I hope there are no issues with your order, but if there are, I will do my best to get things resolved......regardless of what others are saying to try to convince you otherwise.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#1967 1 year ago

In my experience, Doug’s support is second to none!

#1968 1 year ago

Anyone who doesnt want to wait for the Flaming light kit should consider Dougs other kits as they are awesome too and in stock.

#1969 1 year ago

Hi all, I have completed my Godzilla Train Bridge Mod and wanted to post a link here in case anyone is interested. Sneak peek image below.

I appreciate you taking a look!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-premium-le-train-bridge-mod#post-6995447

IMG_9928 (resized).jpgIMG_9928 (resized).jpg
#1970 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:Anyone who doesnt want to wait for the Flaming light kit should consider Dougs other kits as they are awesome too and in stock.

I want to second this. I've ordered a different kit that was in stock and the turn-around time was great. More importantly, his products are second to none. He has earned my business as far as I'm concerned.

#1971 1 year ago

My machine wont be here until 2023 so I dont mind the wait.

#1972 1 year ago

Doug is a little cranky, but he’s been doing what he does better than and longer than anyone else in this hobby. New blood is exhausting. Lord.

#1973 1 year ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Doug is a little cranky, but he’s been doing what he does better than and longer than anyone else in this hobby. New blood is exhausting. Lord.

All I can add is I recieved one of the first sets of the flaming frames and its bulletproof, as have been all the kits I've bought from him. Probably 15 or so. Great service before and after the sale, I'll continue to use SpeakerLightKits.com for all future pinball purchases.

#1974 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

No but I can tell that they have the same pattern on both sides (where dougs has two patterns). That's all I need to know...also the buildings are two very different styles..so your taste in that is probably enoufh to determine which is right for you..

Just for the record, the Myth speaker light kits have 5 flame modes in the control box.
- Flames from the bottom with different patterns on each side.
- Flames from the bottom with synced left and right patterns.
- Flames from top and bottom with different patterns on each side
- Flames from top and bottom with synced patterns on left and right side
- and Flames on the bottom with stars on the top.

You can also choose the height of the flames from the menu as well as the color of the flames.

Sound-activated flames are available from the menu as well, this will vary the height based on the sound level in the game.

Having two options is better for customers. Vendors need to provide the best service possible if they know customers have choices.

#1975 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

You must be shipping A LOT of light kits if the Godzilla one takes six months to get from you.

Ordered mine Jan 16th still have not received them so....... who knows?

Skooter

#1976 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

The mod that shall not be named or questioned.

Jan 16th order still nada. Great MOD but ............................................................................. not to loud

Skooter

#1977 1 year ago
Quoted from skooter710:

Jan 16th order still nada. Great MOD but ............................................................................. not to loud
Skooter

Screenshot_20220625-094153_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220625-094153_Gallery (resized).jpg

#1978 1 year ago
#1979 1 year ago

Mine was an early Jan. And they arrived last week. They look great, easy install. Worth wait.

#1980 1 year ago

I have had speakerlightkit setups on every Stern I have bought in the last 6 years. I usually get the Type 12 on the SPIKE 2 Sterns, but I'm holding out for the Type 14 on my Gz premium. It will be worth the wait for sure. Doug is great to work with and his in stock items ship FAST. I knew full well that the Type 14 were a long backorder before ordering.

#1981 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

Just for the record, the Myth speaker light kits have 5 flame modes in the control box.
- Flames from the bottom with different patterns on each side.
- Flames from the bottom with synced left and right patterns.
- Flames from top and bottom with different patterns on each side
- Flames from top and bottom with synced patterns on left and right side
- and Flames on the bottom with stars on the top.
You can also choose the height of the flames from the menu as well as the color of the flames.
Sound-activated flames are available from the menu as well, this will vary the height based on the sound level in the game.
Having two options is better for customers. Vendors need to provide the best service possible if they know customers have choices.

Wherez the video link ?

#1982 1 year ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Wherez the video link ?

Thanks for the interest in the Myth Pinball Speaker Frame Kit

We have added some more demo videos to our channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMozvl51IL4hEWlwfLCmM0g

We are still working on a promo video for Godzilla and we are also currently sold out of our kits at the moment. We expect any new orders to ship towards the later half of July as we get more parts in.

If anyone has any question feel free to message us directly, as we aren't always monitoring all the threads. Too busy building kits and working on new products!

#1983 1 year ago
Quoted from MythMaker:

Thanks for the interest in the Myth Pinball Speaker Frame Kit
We have added some more demo videos to our channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMozvl51IL4hEWlwfLCmM0g
We are still working on a promo video for Godzilla and we are also currently sold out of our kits at the moment. We expect any new orders to ship towards the later half of July as we get more parts in.
If anyone has any question feel free to message us directly, as we aren't always monitoring all the threads. Too busy building kits and working on new products!

Ordered! These look incredible! Thanks for posting the video.

#1984 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Ordered! These look incredible! Thanks for posting the video.

That's awesome. This is good for everybody. Both products are great.

I'm sure the competition will result in faster production for those who have been waiting for months.

#1985 1 year ago
Quoted from skooter710:

Skooter

ENOUGH already about Doug's speaker light kits. Jeesh. There is MORE to this thread than those. There awesome don't get me wrong, mine will be here in days.. Just my last .02

#1986 1 year ago

Electric lighter mod in Godzilla head that shoots real fire ? Laser pointer eyes ? Fog machine in his butthole? Who is brave enough to attempt them first ?

#1987 1 year ago

Od mods are moving along

24419 (resized).jpeg24419 (resized).jpeg

Highendmods1.com

#1988 1 year ago

$$$... Thanks team Elwin!
(Can't wait to get mine)

#1990 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Wanted to share this product with other modders in the thread. There are very few mods that I add to my machine that I don't add my own paint touches too. I picked up tdiddy's saber jet a few months back and recently received lermods OD. Without trying to take anything away from the original modders, they're finished versions were, for the most part, very well done. I'm just funny about my mods and wanted to add my own touch with some extra shiny. Enter this product, simply called mirror, it showed up on my Facebook feed and thought I would give it a try. Wow, I'm really impressed. This stuff looks like you're painting with Mercury. The images are of my mods in the works, this was applied simply with a brush and cleans up with mineral spirits. I can't wait to see how it looks shot through an airbrush. In all my years I've never seen a silver perform so well right out of the bottle.MG, I see a repaint in your future. This shit's the bomb!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

A few months back I wrote this glowing review of this new product I tried. Well I was initially impressed, after playing around with it a little more I realize it has its limitations. It does not seem to work well on certain plastics, like on a standard action figure. By not work well I mean, the finish will come off on your hands weeks after applying. This doesn't seem to be the case on hard plastics, like models. Also any oil-based paints that are applied on top of it will instantly reactivate the silver and contaminate what you're putting down. I've tried a couple sealers on it and that just makes the conditions worse. I would like to officially resend my previous "woo-hoo"statement and just go with,"it's a good finish for the right application". just saying.

#1991 1 year ago

Hi guy's , would anyone know who makes the Chrome plate or decal for the front of the shooter rod plate that has Godzilla .
Thanks .

#1992 1 year ago

We recently had a complaint about our price increase. I do apologize about recent inflation but it hit us too. We increased from $125 to $150 shipped continental US. I apologize for this. The mod is still chrome plated pewter amongst other quality materials and has not changed. Thank you for understanding.

High End Mods

Screenshot_20220628-010449_DuckDuckGo (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220628-010449_DuckDuckGo (resized).jpg
#1993 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

This is one minute out of about 30. Sorry, I don't have a GZ to put it on for pics/vid. $149 shipped to US. A little more for International. Please send me a message if interested.

A couple of customers have taken pics and video of their TV install location. These are just two options. Link is to video.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CfWFO2Ol4yF/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

20220628_053247 (resized).jpg20220628_053247 (resized).jpgreceived_1149240998955290 (resized).jpegreceived_1149240998955290 (resized).jpeg
#1994 1 year ago

It has begun, machine arrived yesterday after a six and a half month wait. Now to install six and a half months worth of mods. Let the games begin!

IMG_20220628_015947911 (resized).jpgIMG_20220628_015947911 (resized).jpgIMG_20220628_015957714 (resized).jpgIMG_20220628_015957714 (resized).jpgIMG_20220628_020033843 (resized).jpgIMG_20220628_020033843 (resized).jpgIMG_20220628_020047794 (resized).jpgIMG_20220628_020047794 (resized).jpg
#1995 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

It has begun, machine arrived yesterday after a six and a half month wait. Now to install six and a half months worth of mods. Let the games begin!

Installing that back log of accumulated mods is lots of fun, enjoy!

I love how my pin looks with the "improved" Godzilla figurine.

#1996 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

Installing that back log of accumulated mods is lots of fun, enjoy!
I love how my pin looks with the "improved" Godzilla figurine.

Haha I'm in the middle of installing ALL of the Mezel building mods along with the Diddy towers. These are definitely some great mods. I can't believe how much of an improvement the buildings are over the originals in my Premium. I would say they are ten times better, but its actually more like a thousand times! The Diddy tower are awesome as well.

#1997 1 year ago

Agreed! I actually dropped down to just two of the Diddy towers just so I could see the awesome Ramen sign better. They all really add to the entire package

#1998 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Could you please provide the source for your Godzilla figure. Looks great!

#1999 1 year ago

Searched this post and didnt find this so if touched on please point me to it.
I searched the thread and missed this but imagine that it has been discussed before.

Looking to light up the eyes on my replacement mecha figure for the pro. For those with the pro who have done this what are you tieing the eyes into?

I was looking to tie into the flashing inserts when you are trying to qualify mecha (putting him online) but wanted to see what everyone else has tried.

Options seem to be

GI which is always on
3 blue inserts for mecha qualify and mecha multiball jackpot
Attack Mecha insert

Is there a flasher that is tied to mecha that I am not aware of?

Thanks,

#2000 1 year ago
Quoted from Zora:

Could you please provide the source for your Godzilla figure. Looks great!

ebay.com link: sch
"1956 movie poster NECA godzilla"
I think he probably put a bit of extra paint on his.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop
Pinball Machine
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
$ 49.99
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 5,200 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 104.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.