20240318_152015 (resized).jpg
20240318_152006 (resized).jpg
20240318_152751 (resized).jpg
20240316_201946 (resized).jpg
20240316_201708 (resized).jpg
IMG_3104 (resized).jpeg
20240303_090153 (resized).jpg
IMG_8413 (resized).jpeg

There are 5,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 105.
#101 2 years ago

I am usually not a mod person, but some of these look great. I need to keep an eye on these so I don't miss out when it's time to order.

#102 2 years ago

My son made these a couple years ago for Big Buck Hunter, got lucky and Godzilla has a UFO pop bumper too, lol. He's already got them for sale, sending off one tonight so we can get a picture of it installed on a game.

8602a79e2358324f3ff462246aa29ebe95b8fb3a (resized).jpg8602a79e2358324f3ff462246aa29ebe95b8fb3a (resized).jpg
#103 2 years ago

We currently have several mods on our website, on eBay and on Pinside for sale!

Current MODs that are available today, are:

- Godzilla Shooter Rod Plate Cover MOD (fits all models)
- Reptile Scales designed flipper bat MODs (fits all models)
- Godzilla and UFO Sightings - Proceed with Caution sign MOD (fits all models)
- Godzilla Pinball UFO Plastic Protector and Enhancement MOD (fits all models)
- Godzilla Building Airball Protector MOD - this is a MUST have (fits all models)
- Identification Plate Color Enhancing MOD

Below is a list of MODs that we are still working on and will be available shortly. They are:

- An additional street sign
- Slingshot and Return Lane Plastic Protector Set in Fluorescent Orange and Fluorescent Blue

-----

If you'd like to purchase them directly from our website, they can be found here:
https://www.ulekstore.com/category_s/2058.htm

Thanks for looking!
Godzilla Airball Protector MOD (resized).jpgGodzilla Airball Protector MOD (resized).jpgGodzilla Shooter Rod Plate Cover 00 (resized).jpgGodzilla Shooter Rod Plate Cover 00 (resized).jpgGodzilla and UFO Siting 01 (resized).jpgGodzilla and UFO Siting 01 (resized).jpgGodzilla and UFO Siting 02 (resized).jpgGodzilla and UFO Siting 02 (resized).jpgGozilla Reptile Skin designed flipper bat MOD (resized).jpgGozilla Reptile Skin designed flipper bat MOD (resized).jpgUFO Plastic Protector and Color Enhancement MOD (resized).jpgUFO Plastic Protector and Color Enhancement MOD (resized).jpg

#104 2 years ago

I'm also planning on producing some Godzilla mods, with a focus on traditional custom-cast hand-painted items. Since this is a side-hobby for me & free-time is somewhat limited, I'll be more focused on producing high quality items with low production numbers. I'll just have to see how it goes.

Once I have access to a GZ LE for fitting & testing, I'll be off & running. My first mod will be an "Atomic Breath Godzilla" replacement toy

More info here...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-poakymods-

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Thank you for the details Doug! By chance do you have any photos available of it without the foam/canvas?

Here is a video of what the Flamin' Frames should look like with the default Godzilla LE speaker setup (on the left). On the right is the same thing with speaker foam mounted in the front and a sheet of the plastic canvas in the back of the lit area. I prefer to have the plastic canvas in the back with the flame kit as it still does its job of spreading the light from the lit sides to the middle area, but is less visible being in the back of the lit area (directly in front of the speaker plate) instead of being directly behind the foam. So that is where I would suggest mounting it unless you are having issues with the foam sagging or being pushed in. In which case it would be fine directly behind the foam and pulling double duty of keeping the foam in place and also spreading the light. Sagging foam has never been a reported issue, but it was a concern of mine when first designing the SPIKE 2 speaker light kits.

One thing I did forget to do on this video that I was intending to do was to use a Y-Splitter so the same flame patterns were running on each side. I was planning on doing that to give a true 1 to 1 comparison, but I forget to do it. In any case, I think this gives a pretty good idea of the look you would be getting with each type of mounting setup.

I prefer the right myself, but it's a pretty close call and both ways look great in my opinion. I can't say the same if you are using the default 4" Pro and Premium speaker plates. In that case....keep the foam in. Showing off those off-center 4" speaker holes with the bars running though them just looks bad in my opinion. If a person is a foam hater and doesn't want to upgrade to 5.25" speakers, I would recommend they get a set of my 4" SPIKE 2 speaker plates to use with these. At least they center the 4" speaker holes in the grill area and have the bars removed from them. In any case, I think the two setups in this video are the best looking of what I have tried.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#106 2 years ago

Right all day. Is this set up available to order yet, or are you still putting it all together?

#107 2 years ago

Agreed on the right. Dang it now I need to buy a set. Keep us post and thanks for making these. I own a few of your others and love them.

Quoted from DugFreez:

Here is a video of what the Flamin' Frames should look like with the default Godzilla LE speaker setup (on the left). On the right is the same thing with speaker foam mounted in the front and a sheet of the plastic canvas in the back of the lit area. I prefer to have the plastic canvas in the back with the flame kit as it still does its job of spreading the light from the lit sides to the middle area, but is less visible being in the back of the lit area (directly in front of the speaker plate) instead of being directly behind the foam. So that is where I would suggest mounting it unless you are having issues with the foam sagging or being pushed in. In which case it would be fine directly behind the foam and pulling double duty of keeping the foam in place and also spreading the light. Sagging foam has never been a reported issue, but it was a concern of mine when first designing the SPIKE 2 speaker light kits.
One thing I did forget to do on this video that I was intending to do was to use a Y-Splitter so the same flame patterns were running on each side. I was planning on doing that to give a true 1 to 1 comparison, but I forget to do it. In any case, I think this gives a pretty good idea of the look you would be getting with each type of mounting setup.
I prefer the right myself, but it's a pretty close call and both ways look great in my opinion. I can't say the same if you are using the default 4" Pro and Premium speaker plates. In that case....keep the foam in. Showing off those off-center 4" speaker holes with the bars running though them just looks bad in my opinion. If a person is a foam hater and doesn't want to upgrade to 5.25" speakers, I would recommend they get a set of my 4" SPIKE 2 speaker plates to use with these. At least they center the 4" speaker holes in the grill area and have the bars removed from them. In any case, I think the two setups in this video are the best looking of what I have tried.

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

those are cool, I like the one on the right.

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Right all day. Is this set up available to order yet, or are you still putting it all together?

I do not have them available or listed on my website yet. I still need to get them added along with the additional install instructions / tips. I hope to have them listed by mid-November.

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I do not have them available or listed on my website yet. I still need to get them added along with the additional install instructions / tips. I hope to have them listed by mid-November.

Doug they look great!!! Keep us posted!!!!

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Thank you so much for posting the comparison! They both look absolutely fantastic. I'm leaning towards the left for my LE but it looks like it wouldn't be to hard to add/remove the foam and plastic based on your description if I change my mind. I'll keep a look out for when these are available and will definitely place an order when they are! Fantastic work as always!

#112 2 years ago

MEZELmods

Maser Cannon prototype update. Will will used as a spotlight cover.

20211013_164513 (resized).jpg20211013_164513 (resized).jpg20211014_161402 (resized).jpg20211014_161402 (resized).jpg20211005_162454 (resized).jpg20211005_162454 (resized).jpg

#113 2 years ago

MEZELmods

Concept drawing of the sign re-do we will be doing over the scoop

IMG_0939 (resized).PNGIMG_0939 (resized).PNG
#114 2 years ago

Completely stumbled upon this. Says he brought it from Japan and his name makes me believe that. I might be able to pick it up and send it to someone if they wanted it. I work in Anchorage so wouldn't be any trouble.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/387684866293673/?ref=facebook_story_share

Screenshot_20211016-071648_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211016-071648_Chrome (resized).jpg
#115 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Completely stumbled upon this. Says he brought it from Japan and his name makes me believe that. I might be able to pick it up and send it to someone if they wanted it. I work in Anchorage so wouldn't be any trouble.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/387684866293673/?ref=facebook_story_share
[quoted image]

Kinda curious the clearance in that area. Guess I can ask someone with a Pro to check heigh + general free depth where the green one is currently at.....

Got this one from Mondo thats 7.5" tall so would be cool if it fits in that spot.

Godzilla_SuperX_P15_1024x (resized).jpegGodzilla_SuperX_P15_1024x (resized).jpeg
#116 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Kinda curious the clearance in that area. Guess I can ask someone with a Pro to check heigh + general free depth where the green one is currently at.....
Got this one from Mondo thats 7.5" tall so would be cool if it fits in that spot.
[quoted image]

People were upset about him being green, not sure what they would think about him being blue LOL. However this model seems to match the "segmented" style look Zombie Yeti used for the skin.

#117 2 years ago

I now have a Special Launch Edition version of the Tibetan Breeze kit for Godzilla available.

This is a 3 flipper kit, which is unusual for Spike since I just do the 2 flipper plus an add-on kit normally due to the right/left orientation for the 3rd flipper being specific to each machine. It also has custom translucent green brackets with a rippled/scaly back for the fan guard. It's in the pinmonk store here:

https://pinmonk.com/products/tibetan-breeze-v1-5-spike-3-flipper-coil-cooling-kit-special-launch-edition

This kit also has an extra power connector left over that will work with the forthcoming magnet cooler that will be sold separately as an option.

The normal Spike red 2 flipper Tibetan breeze kits also work and will be the standard once this Special Launch Edition is over.

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I now have a Special Launch Edition version of the Tibetan Breeze kit for Godzilla available.
This is a 3 flipper kit, which is unusual for Spike since I just do the 2 flipper plus an add-on kit normally due to the right/left orientation for the 3rd flipper being specific to each machine. It also has custom translucent green brackets with a rippled/scaly back for the fan guard. It's in the pinmonk store here:
https://pinmonk.com/products/tibetan-breeze-v1-5-spike-3-flipper-coil-cooling-kit-special-launch-edition
This kit also has an extra power connector left over that will work with the forthcoming magnet cooler that will be sold separately as an option.
The normal Spike red 2 flipper Tibetan breeze kits also work and will be the standard once this Special Launch Edition is over.

Vic other than the colour is there any difference? Looks like the feet area is a slightly different shape to the regular red kits? Curious as these might fit my Mando better. Thanks dude.

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Can your forthcoming magnet cooler be used with the existing two flipper system?

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Vic other than the colour is there any difference? Looks like the feet area is a slightly different shape to the regular red kits? Curious as these might fit my Mando better. Thanks dude.

Small differences, but Mando will still have to be mounted on the opposite side over the EOS mounting post due to the "V" placement of the flipper plates.

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Can your forthcoming magnet cooler be used with the existing two flipper system?

Absolutely, but you'd need to get the third flipper that has the splitter and extra 7.5' power lead. The third flipper would use one of the connectors, and that would leave the 4th for the magnet cooler.

These launch edition ones are basically just themed green and come in a 3 flipper configuration in the box, so no adding on needed. Functionally, they're the same as the red.

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just made my 1st official PinMonk purchase! Thanks for making these available.

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I just made my 1st official PinMonk purchase! Thanks for making these available.

Brilliant kits! Made a huge difference to my AIQLE.

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Thanks for the support! Godzilla inspired me a bit and the translucent green turned out nice. I originally wanted a footprint hole on the fan screen, but they all came out looking like the screen had melted rather than an actual footprint, so after trying dozens of ways to try to improve it without success, went with the textured "scaly" surface and called it good.

Standard SPIKE red or translucent green brackets, both the versions will keep the flippers cool and the 3 flipper setups also provide a way to hook up the magnet cooling if you want to get that.

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks for the support! Godzilla inspired me a bit and the translucent green turned out nice. I originally wanted a footprint hole on the fan screen, but they all came out looking like the screen had melted rather than an actual footprint, so after trying dozens of ways to try to improve it without success, went with the textured "scaly" surface and called it good.
Standard SPIKE red or translucent green brackets, both the versions will keep the flippers cool and the 3 flipper setups also provide a way to hook up the magnet cooling if you want to get that.

I ordered the green 3 fan launch kit. Will definitely want the magnet cooling once its available.

#126 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I ordered the green 3 fan launch kit. Will definitely want the magnet cooling once its available.

Me too! I ordered the green 3 fan launch kit. Will definitely want the magnet cooling once its available.

#127 2 years ago

I keep reading the title of this thread as "Stern Modzilla God Thread".

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

"Stern Modzilla Thread".

I think you almost knocked it out the park, that would be a perfect title.

#129 2 years ago

Quick draft print+paint to get general idea on how well it translated. Next draft I'll have the print+paint edges more refined, now that I'm decently satisfied with the saucer shape. For the blue translucent, I'm hoping its light enough where the red+white LED from the game will shine through...but since I dont have similar LEDs at home I can test with it, will have to wait till the game comes in to play with it. if it masks it too much, will change it to a white translucent instead like one on the original pop bumper.

2021-10-18 17.10.47 (resized).jpg2021-10-18 17.10.47 (resized).jpg
#130 2 years ago

My pro arrived today and I’ve been busy starting to mod it.

First up is this interactive fire-breathing Godzilla, tied to the spinner flasher. Replaces the ridiculous flat plastic. Will fit the premium and LE, you’d just need to replace the existing GZ, which I think does nothing.

#131 2 years ago

Next was a led backbox mod, notice the red flame effect around the perimeter.

#132 2 years ago

Also added a controlled red backboard light, lights up when the red GI is active.

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Quick draft print+paint to get general idea on how well it translated. Next draft I'll have the print+paint edges more refined, now that I'm decently satisfied with the saucer shape. For the blue translucent, I'm hoping its light enough where the red+white LED from the game will shine through...but since I dont have similar LEDs at home I can test with it, will have to wait till the game comes in to play with it. if it masks it too much, will change it to a white translucent instead like one on the original pop bumper.
[quoted image]

This looks fantastic. Can’t wait to see it in a machine.

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

First up is this interactive fire-breathing Godzilla, tied to the spinner flasher. Replaces the ridiculous flat plastic. Will fit the premium and LE, you’d just need to replace the existing GZ, which I think does nothing.

I'd be in for one of these if you plan on selling the whole thing for my LE

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I'd be in for one of these if you plan on selling the whole thing for my LE

They are up on our website..more going up tomorrow.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/categories/godzilla-pinball-mods

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

[quoted image]

You could also print the center section as a translucent disc and then print the top and bottom separately and snap them together. Would look really great if it's lit from inside.

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You could also print the center section as a translucent disc and then print the top and bottom separately and snap them together. Would look really great if it's lit from inside.

Yeah was just looking at that. The domes too. The tape at such small scale had a lot of issues sticking on

#138 2 years ago

My son's saucer mod on the actual game.

saucer 1 (resized).jpgsaucer 1 (resized).jpgsaucer 2 (resized).jpgsaucer 2 (resized).jpg
#139 2 years ago

A quick sand of that bumper saucer would bring it up a treat.

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I would suggest importing the model into Blender and do some processing there which would allow for smoother curves on the saucer and the beam and then maybe reduce the layer height a bit when he slices it.

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Now that’s a mod!
Fits the theme and art style perfectly, like others have said do a little processing on it to smoothen it out and being in some more detail and it would be perfection!

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Maybe you and Sleal16 could work together to perfect a saucer mod. Just a thought.

#143 2 years ago

My pro with cointaker mirror blades. I also replaced the blue flipper buttons with red translucent, which I'll light up.

PXL_20211019_152131253 (resized).jpgPXL_20211019_152131253 (resized).jpgPXL_20211019_152158417 (resized).jpgPXL_20211019_152158417 (resized).jpg
#144 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Now that’s a mod!
Fits the theme and art style perfectly, like others have said do a little processing on it to smoothen it out and being in some more detail and it would be perfection!

Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Maybe you and Sleal16 could work together to perfect a saucer mod. Just a thought.

Looks like taylor34 has a good looking finished model. From what pinmonk mentioned, might just need some smoothening either at the digital model, or at slicing. The green "ray" on it blends nicely with the game, and I'd recommend testing white filament for the UFO to see if it gives it more of the GZ saucer feel.

We can share notes to build something, though I'm working on SLA instead of FDM printing, so some things might not translate well.

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

My pro with cointaker mirror blades. I also replaced the blue flipper buttons with red translucent, which I'll light up.

Looks great Rob! I think some sort of themed vinyl stick on graphic to replace the white from stern insider connected camera area would help ease the eyesore a bit... does it really need the white surround? also your flame breathing godzilla mod would be EPIC with an attachable bridge facade that could snap onto existing metal rails to give the appearance of the break away bridge in prem/LE editions. You're probably at work on that currently I'd guess... I'm in on the premium but that will need a reskin of the bridge facade as well cause it just doesnt look as good as it potentially could. Also the prem building could use a vinyl decal to make the building look a bit more realistic. But I'm gonna have to see it in person.

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Looks great Rob! I think some sort of themed vinyl stick on graphic to replace the white from stern insider connected camera area would help ease the eyesore a bit... does it really need the white surround? also your flame breathing godzilla mod would be EPIC with an attachable bridge facade that could snap onto existing metal rails to give the appearance of the break away bridge in prem/LE editions. You're probably at work on that currently I'd guess... I'm in on the premium but that will need a reskin of the bridge facade as well cause it just doesnt look as good as it potentially could. Also the prem building could use a vinyl decal to make the building look a bit more realistic. But I'm gonna have to see it in person.

Yeah, we are thinking about a bridge span of some sort. You identified the issue of attaching the bridge and we need to think about that. I completely agree with the QR code reader placement, it’s ugly and detracts from the art. Maybe someone like tilt graphics can make the decal. jGraffix

#147 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Looks outstanding! Do we have any sense of how its size compares to the stock figure on the Prem/LE? Too soon to tell?

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

How about a godzilla , with lighted eyes and mouth to replace the factory one? Maybe tied into a flasher or pops? I love the hermit you made me for LZ.

Quoted from DugFreez:

My upcoming Flamin' SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Frames should fit pretty nicely with the Godzilla theme. I am also planning on having a skyline design available that mounts at the bottom of the speaker panel grill area. I had this planned even before seeing the end of ball total screen (which it matches really closely).
Here's a crap mock up picture, a pic of the end of ball total screen and a video of the Flamin' Frames in action.

I hope to have these listed by mid-November.

I want these lights. When’s the sale? I’ve purchased from you before. Looks awesome

#149 2 years ago

In the works

20211019_130424 (resized).jpg20211019_130424 (resized).jpg

20211019_130725 (resized).jpg20211019_130725 (resized).jpg
#150 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Looks outstanding! Do we have any sense of how its size compares to the stock figure on the Prem/LE? Too soon to tell?

it looks to be about the same, but can't say for sure. Mine is 6" tall and his tail extends to the back of the game. I wanted to also do a Mechagodzilla to replace the flat plastic on the right, but the area is really small and can only handle something about 4-5" tall. I was able to find one type to fit so will have to wait until I receive it to see if it will work, but it's not looking great right now for a production mod.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 22.50
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 105.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/3?hl=greenandwhite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.