IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg
There are 5,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 105.
#1901 1 year ago

Check out this beautiful bit of local artistic talent for my by GZ! Laser-etched aluminum with the color coming from the depth of the etch.

IMG_2019 (resized).jpegIMG_2019 (resized).jpeg

IMG_2020 (resized).jpegIMG_2020 (resized).jpeg

#1902 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

This one's an ESP32 TTGO display. Several on amazon. It has 4MB memory but can attach an SD card module. these couple of mod projects I'm planning I only need 20-40 frames and the gif is converted to C code and rendered, so thats about 4MB total. I'm not sure how well it'll perform with a long clip of an SD card. Late this year I'll be messing with a larger screen for a different mod and will see what board performs better for longer clips.

Sounds interesting! I had an idea for a mod that would utilize a small screen like that, but I haven't really thought about how to do it yet. It's a long ways off. But those little screens have potential for sure.

#1903 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Check out this beautiful bit of local artistic talent for my by GZ! Laser-etched aluminum with the color coming from the depth of the etch.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Just signed up for that guy's mailing list. Great artwork & cool idea for sure. Thanks for sharing!

#1904 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

These little things are great. Cant wait to use my vacation days from work over the next couple of months (have 140 hours that are expiring soon) to mess around with these projects...and hopefully have enough space made to move the game home instead of it living at the office.
(ignore the audio)

Any particular plans for that little display? Seems like it could be incorporated into a lot of mod ideas.

#1905 1 year ago

I’m looking for a mod similar to eye of Sauron from lotr but with Godzilla eye. Also curious to see somebody make a real flame mod, maybe Godzilla figurine with electric lighter built inside to shoot little flame wen flashers go off .

#1906 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Any particular plans for that little display? Seems like it could be incorporated into a lot of mod ideas.

Random stuff I have drafted on paper. Wont know what might look good or not till I build enclosures for them. Movie billboard type signs for the building, ball lock animations, scoop sign. I'll post something sometime in July once time is fully dedicated to this. Right now I'm just taking some random frames and cropping for the resolution to see what works and doesnt work. Also need to record video of it in a different manner. It comes out a bit washed out in my phone video recording.

#1907 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Random stuff I have drafted on paper. Wont know what might look good or not till I build enclosures for them. Movie billboard type signs for the building, ball lock animations, scoop sign. I'll post something sometime in July once time is fully dedicated to this. Right now I'm just taking some random frames and cropping for the resolution to see what works and doesnt work. Also need to record video of it in a different manner. It comes out a bit washed out in my phone video recording.

Great ideas. It looks like an Arduino nano - does it come with the display already soldered to the board?

#1908 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Great ideas. It looks like an Arduino nano - does it come with the display already soldered to the board?

On these the screen come as part of the unit. Different chips than the arduino but can be relatively be programmed in similar fashions. I like that these boards come with wi-fi and bluetooth, so a good amount of options. I havent messed with circuit building in 15+ years, so its fun jumping back into it and trying to see what i do and dont remember in programing/etc.

#1909 1 year ago

The TV mod I've been selling for 8 years plays about 30 mins of video before it loops. The wood grain TV has sold for about 40 different titles over the years, but TSPP has been my biggest seller by far. I'm working on GZ video now. If anyone is interested, these are $149. You can send me a DM. All my TV mods have been out of stock since August, and I'm just putting them back in stock, so not sure how long they'll last before I can have more ready.

Here's short example of Beatles and TSPP:

#1910 1 year ago

Are there any good flipper toppers for Godzilla? Not looking for the thin sticker type.

#1911 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

The TV mod I've been selling for 8 years plays about 30 mins of video before it loops. The wood grain TV has sold for about 40 different titles over the years, but TSPP has been my biggest seller by far. I'm working on GZ video now. If anyone is interested, these are $149. You can send me a DM. All my TV mods have been out of stock since August, and I'm just putting them back in stock, so not sure how long they'll last before I can have more ready.
Here's short example of Beatles and TSPP:

Not bad! The price is pretty decent considering the cost of the tv, the chip and display and the time put into editing the video

#1912 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I'm on team necca, movie poster version with a little extra paint.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Same here. I just added a green wedge LED to the spotlight.

C1A44519-A43A-4BC7-8826-CF18CE1254C0 (resized).jpegC1A44519-A43A-4BC7-8826-CF18CE1254C0 (resized).jpegC812C8E0-B28A-4651-98DD-6C61DFBD5F56 (resized).jpegC812C8E0-B28A-4651-98DD-6C61DFBD5F56 (resized).jpeg
#1913 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Anyone receiving their speaker light mod who had ordered a few months ago?

The mod that shall not be named or questioned.

#1914 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Same here. I just added a green wedge LED to the spotlight.
[quoted image][quoted image]

oooh good idea. I need to do that. I also may add some more paint to mine.

I took out my Mechagodzilla and painted it today. It just felt very flat, wanted to give it some shadows. Wish i had taken before pictures to have fair lighting comparison. Pretty happy with it. I think it looks better with my painted Godzilla figure, and my future painted mods. Taking it out and putting it back in was a bitch, though.
One little touch I added was painting the tips of the rocket on his tongue to match the movie... can't really see them while playing though!

PXL_20220622_191534598 (resized).jpgPXL_20220622_191534598 (resized).jpgPXL_20220622_222155680 (resized).jpgPXL_20220622_222155680 (resized).jpgPXL_20220622_230913501 (resized).jpgPXL_20220622_230913501 (resized).jpgPXL_20220622_231310984 (resized).jpgPXL_20220622_231310984 (resized).jpgPXL_20220622_231623052 (resized).jpgPXL_20220622_231623052 (resized).jpg

#1915 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I took out my Mechagodzilla and painted it today. It just felt very flat, wanted to give it some shadows. Wish i had taken before pictures to have fair lighting comparison. Pretty happy with it. I think it looks better with my painted Godzilla figure, and my future painted mods. Taking it out and putting it back in was a bitch, though.
One little touch I added was painting the tips of the rocket on his tongue to match the movie... can't really see them while playing though!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great job. I’ve wanted to do this as well, just haven’t had time yet. I was also thinking of cutting out the eyes, replacing with translucent yellow lenses & tying a small LED inside the head to the flasher dome behind him

#1916 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Great job. I’ve wanted to do this as well, just haven’t had time yet. I was also thinking of cutting out the eyes, replacing with translucent yellow lenses & tying a small LED inside the head to the flasher dome behind him

Good idea, I considered trying to do the head spinning mod the other guy did but this is my only pin and it's a week old so I don't want it to be out of service long enough for me to figure that out!

I think once I get a nice mothra sculpt to paint and put in the back that will really bring it all together..

#1917 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

The mod that shall not be named or questioned.

Got mine last week, ordered in January They look great.

#1918 1 year ago

I got my set of Cliffy's for my game, but I can't seem to find any instructions for the installation. I've never installed these before. I found videos on YouTube for other games, but the pieces differ slightly.

It came with a protector for the scoop, but the game already has a metal rim protecting the scoop playfield area. Is this new, or should I still be upgrading to the Cliffy protector?

Anyone else install Cliffys on their Godzilla?

#1919 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

I got my set of Cliffy's for my game, but I can't seem to find any instructions for the installation. I've never installed these before. I found videos on YouTube for other games, but the pieces differ slightly.
It came with a protector for the scoop, but the game already has a metal rim protecting the scoop playfield area. Is this new, or should I still be upgrading to the Cliffy protector?

Cliff doesn’t always update his site in the main area, most new games are under “what’s new!”

http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

Check part way down the page for Godzilla. These are super easy to install, but you do have to remove a couple of pieces

#1920 1 year ago

I only installed both sides of the shooter lane and trough

#1921 1 year ago

Morning/Afternoon Folks!

Looking for some insight here from my fellow GZ owners. I ordered the speaker light kit from Doug at speakerlightkits.com back in February and still have not seen them or heard any correspondence. Ive tried reaching out to him with no luck. Before I file a case with PayPal I was wondering if anyone in the community has dealt with him before, knows him or has a similar experience? Feel free to text me if you'd like. 2063028382. Thanks a lot for your input /time in this matter

#1922 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePlumber:

Morning/Afternoon Folks!
Looking for some insight here from my fellow GZ owners. I ordered the speaker light kit from Doug at speakerlightkits.com back in February and still have not seen them or heard any correspondence. Ive tried reaching out to him with no luck. Before I file a case with PayPal I was wondering if anyone in the community has dealt with him before, knows him or has a similar experience? Feel free to text me if you'd like. 2063028382. Thanks a lot for your input /time in this matter

He's running 6 months out, approximately
Did you read all of the text on the product page for this? Or try searching "doug" or speakerlights in this thread and the mod thread. You just have to wait. If you bug him, he'll straight up cancel your order. The product page says as much

#1923 1 year ago

Do you guy see much need for this? Looks like the game ships with metal protection on the scoop, on the shooter lane, and Mylar in the inlanes. What are the most vunerable places you guys are worried about?

#1924 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePlumber:

Morning/Afternoon Folks!

Just hang tight. Many of us are still waiting for Doug to custom build the orders. See pic for what Doug states. It is a great product, so we are waiting, patiently.

kit (resized).jpgkit (resized).jpg
#1925 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

He's running 6 months out, approximately
Did you read all of the text on the product page for this? Or try searching "doug" or speakerlights in this thread and the mod thread. You just have to wait. If you bug him, he'll straight up cancel your order. The product page says as much

Im quite familiar with his disclaimer when I ordered, but its been 4 months and there was no message about 6 months when i ordered. I'm patient, obviously, i was just wanting some sort of communication, thats all.

#1926 1 year ago

The shooter lane is a bit tricky, have to lift up the outer side rail( remove some screws ) then gently, and I mean gently hammer out large twist nails/bolts. Just have to take your time. I believe someone posted some pics in the group here their experience. I installed the protectors, very easy, just went slow.

#1927 1 year ago

Thank You all for your help, I HEARD BACK FROM DOUG AND EVERYTHING IS ALL GOOD.

#1928 1 year ago

What is everyone buying that is sold out? Most of site looks like its in stock currently.

#1929 1 year ago
Quoted from ruzeo:

What is everyone buying that is sold out? Most of site looks like its in stock currently.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-14.html

#1930 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Do you guy see much need for this? Looks like the game ships with metal protection on the scoop, on the shooter lane, and Mylar in the inlanes. What are the most vunerable places you guys are worried about?

The only metal protector is on the scoop for this game so you really don’t need to purchase an additional scoop protector.

There is no metal protector for the shooter lane, inlanes, and out hole drain. This is where I always instal cliffys because I put thousands of plays of my games so there would be a lot of wear there.

Does it affect game play if don’t install them? Nope. Does it help with piece of mind with I go to sell the game? You bet it does.

#1931 1 year ago

Thanks, I saw the type 13 on a bunch of peoples machines and thought it was super cool. Havent seen one with type 14 yet.

#1932 1 year ago
Quoted from ruzeo:

Thanks, I saw the type 13 on a bunch of peoples machines and thought it was super cool. Havent seen one with type 14 yet.

Godzilla Premium Pinball awesome1.gifGodzilla Premium Pinball awesome1.gif
#1933 1 year ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Just hang tight. Many of us are still waiting for Doug to custom build the orders. See pic for what Doug states. It is a great product, so we are waiting, patiently.
[quoted image]

Yeah all, hang tight. Seems every page in this thread has a post about WHY are these taking so long etc...

#1934 1 year ago

Can't understand why he is making one of his most popular mods "when he feels like it". Shouldn't it be prioritized?

#1935 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

There is no metal protector for the shooter lane, inlanes, and out hole drain. This is where I always instal cliffys because I put thousands of plays of my games so there would be a lot of wear there.

I've put cliffy slot protectors on games where the habitrail drops the ball directly on the switch. Are they really necessary for a switch that the ball just rolls over?

#1936 1 year ago

Has anyone done anything cool yet with the mothra plastic in the back? Replaced it with a cool mod or something? I’m not in love with the flat plastic but all the mothra toys I’ve found would be too big for the space.

#1937 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

I've put cliffy slot protectors on games where the habitrail drops the ball directly on the switch. Are they really necessary for a switch that the ball just rolls over?

For piece of mind on a $9K game I like to this so!

#1938 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Can't understand why he is making one of his most popular mods "when he feels like it". Shouldn't it be prioritized?

this is not his primary job, he's doing them as he has time, etc. it's a hobby.

#1939 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

Aha didn't know that. Guess it makes more sense then.

#1940 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That turned out great! I may have my daughter paint the Bandai MechaGodzilla I put in my pro after seeing yours.

306AC2A0-EEE5-44D2-A316-0A87B45A5718 (resized).jpeg306AC2A0-EEE5-44D2-A316-0A87B45A5718 (resized).jpeg
#1941 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I wouldn’t worry. At least on my pro I am not worried about any spots needing cliffy’s. I just added Cointaker’s shooter lane protector.

#1942 1 year ago

EDIT

Offered a speaker light kit for sale. Got 4 responses in 10 minutes.

#1943 1 year ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

If anyone hasnt ordered one, and wants the Godzilla Speakerlight kit sooner than later, I decided not to install mine and would send it your way at cost. Ill pay shipping.
I have the magnetic speaker grill decal and rather keep that on there instead of install the speaker light kit.
Let me know. Ill edit this post if it gets claimed.

I'll gladly accept the offer

#1944 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePlumber:

I'll gladly accept the offer

Quoted from MarklarD:

If anyone hasnt ordered one, and wants the Godzilla Speakerlight kit sooner than later, I decided not to install mine and would send it your way at cost. Ill pay shipping.
I have the magnetic speaker grill decal and rather keep that on there instead of install the speaker light kit.
Let me know. Ill edit this post if it gets claimed.

Ive got two PM's already. I assume one of them will grab it. Will let you know otherwise.

#1945 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePlumber:

Morning/Afternoon Folks!

Did you try to contact me before today? From what I see...you e-mailed me at 11:15 EST this morning and asked about your order. It seems you then got impatient after a few minutes and decided to post here about how I was not responding to your "reaching out" to me. At 11:39 EST (before I saw your post here) I had a response back to you. do you find that 24 minutes that it took me to respond to your e-mail unacceptable? I see a lot of other posts about unresponsive sellers and that is not me. Those post are normally about sellers not responding after days or weeks.....not 24 minutes.

Had you previously tried to reach me somehow? E-mail, Pinside PM or Facebook message? If so....I didn't see any of them and haven't received any other reports of messages not getting to me. I get the occasional one in the spam folder, but even those are normally seen within a few days.

Quoted from JayLar:

I would say it is currently ONE of my most popular, but not THE most popular. I see no reason for this one new product to drag down the delivery times on all of my other items that don't take nearly the time to make. Why would I sink my other 13 light kit types and their delivery times with a new product that takes more time and effort to make? Then you would be seeing this sort of questioning and talk on every game thread instead of just concerning the type 14 kits. I don't work on the type 14 kits when I feel like it...I do it when I have time to work on them.

Quoted from Muymanwell:

That's not the case. SpeakerLightKits.com is my only job. It's just me and that is all that I do.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#1946 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

That's not the case. SpeakerLightKits.com is my only job. It's just me and that is all that I do.

oops, that's my bad.

#1947 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

You must be shipping A LOT of light kits if the Godzilla one takes six months to get from you.

#1948 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

You must be shipping A LOT of light kits if the Godzilla one takes six months to get from you.

The type 14 flaming light kits (they are not just for Godzilla...they work in any SPIKE 2 games) did not go on sale until Jan 6th, 2022. So no one, as of now, has had to wait 6 months for one.

#1949 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

The type 14 flaming light kits (they are not just for Godzilla...they work in any SPIKE 2 games) did not go on sale until Jan 6th, 2022. So no one, as of now, has had to wait 6 months for one.

Awesome. If you can get them shipping within two weeks I'll order a set from you wink:

#1950 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Has anyone done anything cool yet with the mothra plastic in the back? Replaced it with a cool mod or something? I’m not in love with the flat plastic but all the mothra toys I’ve found would be too big for the space.

Felt the same way about the mothra plastic. Found this guy recently , added a little paint. Size should work good for the machine. Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow, ordered back in December. Can't wait to start throwing my mods at it.

IMG_20220621_161424761 (resized).jpgIMG_20220621_161424761 (resized).jpgIMG_20220621_184059377 (resized).jpgIMG_20220621_184059377 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

9,000 (OBO)
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 105.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/39?hl=jaylar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.