IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg
There are 5,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 105.
#1852 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Ha! These are old photos while I was working on my GZ replacement. Totally missed seeing that! Here’s where it ended up…
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome p

Quoted from twenty84:

[quoted image]

Quoted from John_I:

[quoted image]

Looks real .. You put glo in dark paint on the radiation charge spikes? ..how did you attach the feet on the game?

#1853 1 year ago

I thought I would pass this along, for those of you who aren't familiar with Super7's line of ReAction figures. They have a new line of cheap Godzilla figures coming in July. The ReAction line is based on the 3.75 action figure standard of the 80's (like old Star Wars or GI Joe figures, etc).

IMO the 4 inch tall Godzilla, Mecha & Jaguar figs are too small for use as a mod, but the Rodan & Mothra figures have some potential, with a 4-5 inch wingspan. Plus Mothra comes with a tiny egg. The Bandai Japanese toys can be really expensive, and these ReAction figs might be a decent, cheap option for some of you. At least they are molded on the correct Showa Era. Preorders are open now.

I'm sure there will be more waves by next year. I'd love to see a King Gidorah, Angirus or Xilien figure.

https://super7.com/collections/godzilla/products/toho-reaction-wave-1-set-of-6

RE-Toho_W1_group_card_2048 (resized).jpgRE-Toho_W1_group_card_2048 (resized).jpg
#1854 1 year ago
Quoted from izzy:

Who makes and sells that bridge?
thx

I make them. There are a few left in the current run, but they aren't limited and I will make more:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1029-chrome-candy/06937-godzilla-prem-le-suspension-bridge

#1855 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I thought I would pass this along, for those of you who aren't familiar with Super7's line of ReAction figures. They have a new line of cheap Godzilla figures coming in July. The ReAction line is based on the 3.75 action figure standard of the 80's (like old Star Wars or GI Joe figures, etc).
IMO the 4 inch tall Godzilla, Mecha & Jaguar figs are too small for use as a mod, but the Rodan & Mothra figures have some potential, with a 4-5 inch wingspan. Plus Mothra comes with a tiny egg. The Bandai Japanese toys can be really expensive, and these ReAction figs might be a decent, cheap option for some of you. At least they are molded on the correct Showa Era. Preorders are open now.
I'm sure there will be more waves by next year. I'd love to see a King Gidorah, Angirus or Xilien figure.
https://super7.com/collections/godzilla/products/toho-reaction-wave-1-set-of-6 [quoted image]

Mecha might be a good replacement for the pro plastic one. Seems like the height would work out rather than having to cut down some of the other ones from Amazon or eBay.

#1856 1 year ago

thanks to an awesome owner here, I was finally able to get my hands on the Ghidorah figure i've been waiting on to make my topper. Does anyone have any insight on the best way to add flasher LED lights/strips, that could tie into the game's flashers? I'd like to add some white and yellow leds to under light him, so it looks like lightning as the flashers go off

#1857 1 year ago

GZ 1 : Sabre Jets 0

20220615_122158 (resized).jpg20220615_122158 (resized).jpg20220615_122202 (resized).jpg20220615_122202 (resized).jpg
#1858 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

London Bridge vs Tower Bridge
[quoted image][quoted image]

I vote Tokyo’s Rainbow Bridge:

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#1859 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:thanks to an awesome owner here, I was finally able to get my hands on the Ghidorah figure i've been waiting on to make my topper. Does anyone have any insight on the best way to add flasher LED lights/strips, that could tie into the game's flashers? I'd like to add some white and yellow leds to under light him, so it looks like lightning as the flashers go off

Seems like Comet has the stuff you would need. They have the “Matrix” LED kits and parts which plug right into Stern’s bulb sockets, and make it pretty dang easy to integrate. I believe they have 5v as well as 12v lights. Although now I can’t recall - are Stern flashers 12v or 5?

#1860 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

GZ 1 : Sabre Jets 0[quoted image][quoted image]

Bwahahaha! That’s awesome.

#1861 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Seems like Comet has the stuff you would need. They have the “Matrix” LED kits and parts which plug right into Stern’s bulb sockets, and make it pretty dang easy to integrate. I believe they have 5v as well as 12v lights. Although now I can’t recall - are Stern flashers 12v or 5?

Pretty sure Sterns are 5v.

#1862 1 year ago

Has anyone changed all their GI cool white lights to Frosted Sunlight or Warm White on their Godzilla, and be willing to snap a few pics? I have mine sitting next to my Deadpool which I did the entire Deadpool in Frosted Sunlight and really like the warmer white than the harsher white of Godzilla by contrast , but not sure how it would look with Godzilla color palette. Thanks for any help

#1863 1 year ago
Quoted from Mookie:

how did you attach the feet on the game?

I used the original clear plastic to mount the new Godzilla model. For the right foot I put the screw in the same hole and drilled a hole at the heel of the model to attach. For the right foot I had to drill a hole out in front at the very edge of the plastic and the very back of the foot on the model. The tail was zip tied in the same holes as the original. I was kind of surprised because the model is a decent amount bigger than the original. I figured I would have to make a new mount...

20220614_224836 (resized).jpg20220614_224836 (resized).jpg20220614_224840 (resized).jpg20220614_224840 (resized).jpg20220614_232812 (resized).jpg20220614_232812 (resized).jpg
#1864 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I used the original clear plastic to mount the new Godzilla model. For the right foot I put the screw in the same hole and drilled a hole at the heel of the model to attach. For the right foot I had to drill a hole out in front at the very edge of the plastic and the very back of the foot on the model. The tail was zip tied in the same holes as the original. I was kind of surprised because the model is a decent amount bigger than the original. I figured I would have to make a new mount...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for sharing this info ..U Rock &..it looks fantastic.
Cant wait to get my game in and mod it up.

#1865 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Has anyone changed all their GI cool white lights to Frosted Sunlight or Warm White on their Godzilla, and be willing to snap a few pics? I have mine sitting next to my Deadpool which I did the entire Deadpool in Frosted Sunlight and really like the warmer white than the harsher white of Godzilla by contrast , but not sure how it would look with Godzilla color palette. Thanks for any help

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/112#post-6684886

#1866 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

For those who have purchased the Flamin' Flames speaker lights and the city landscape acrylic:
Maybe I'm just stupid, but I'm getting a little confused on what to buy here for the best look. I plan on buying aftermarket speakers like I do with my other Premiums (or pinsound speakers or pinwoofer), so Flamin' Flames, Acrylic landscape, plastic canvas set, and if I'm getting 5.25" speakers, the cutout panels and acrylic color backs too? Or do I need to keep the flat black panels without cutouts for the flamin flames?
Again, if this is posted somewhere or even on his site, I apologize. When I see a wall of text, I can sometimes miss certain things.

If you are going for the look that most people, including myself, seem to prefer, you would get:

type 14 light kit
plastic canvas set
city skyline design (in the acrylic designs section)
5.25" SPIKE 2 speaker plate set (since you say you are upgrading to 5.25" speakers) The $25 discount for buying them with a SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit will be refunded when the order is processed.

While leaving the pro or premium speaker foam in place, which I assume you have, you should not even see the 5.25" acrylic surround rings around the speakers......so no need to buy them.

I hope this helps,

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#1868 1 year ago

I had twenty84 metal Mecha shield in my LE already and love it. Tonight I installed his suspension bridge, roof top guides, and magnet plastic replacement.

Love the look! Wonderful blend of tangibility and simplicity and aligned with the look/feel of the pin (price is very right as well…thank you Ben!!)

Be warned: the bridge install is definitely not for the timid or more casual modder (pretty involved to get access to the screws on back of the bridge). Any Prem/LE bridge upgrade will have the same challenges. Review the installation docs before committing to this upgrade (work was most definitely worth it for me…the plastic bridge was an eye sore for me)

(and yes, my front Tesla tower finally took a fatal air ball, and yes, I'm experimenting with not repairing it and mounting it as a knocked over tower...I think it makes Hedora even more badass in that back corner!)

39BED3DA-EDE5-40FC-8187-024CDE7B10FB (resized).jpeg39BED3DA-EDE5-40FC-8187-024CDE7B10FB (resized).jpeg5FCF8BE7-E038-4D03-990A-814B193B93E3 (resized).jpeg5FCF8BE7-E038-4D03-990A-814B193B93E3 (resized).jpegB336AD73-C024-49D6-9088-2A0309ED0306 (resized).jpegB336AD73-C024-49D6-9088-2A0309ED0306 (resized).jpegD33E8429-A5FB-4F2F-935A-075E914B4B7E (resized).jpegD33E8429-A5FB-4F2F-935A-075E914B4B7E (resized).jpeg

#1869 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

[quoted image]

You GZ figure looks great. Which model is that?

#1870 1 year ago

https://www.amazon.com/DIAMOND-SELECT-TOYS-Godzilla-Classic/dp/B00H48PX94/ref=mp_s_a_1_8

Not my post but it looks just like the one I used. I had to slice off a portion of GZs right arm

#1871 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

In addition to the link provided by Sorokyl which was earlier picture I had posted, I have since changed the playfield around a little bit, but continuing with warm white in the GI as well as in the spotlights. For my eyes, I typically always change out all of my Stern games from thier stock cool white to Comet 2-SMD warm white.

PXL_20220401_195838154 (resized).jpgPXL_20220401_195838154 (resized).jpgPXL_20220401_195846307 (resized).jpgPXL_20220401_195846307 (resized).jpg
#1872 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

I had twenty84 metal Mecha shield in my LE already and love it. Tonight I installed his suspension bridge, roof top guides, and magnet plastic replacement.
Love the look! Wonderful blend of tangibility and simplicity and aligned with the look/feel of the pin (price is very right as well…thank you Ben!!)
Be warned: the bridge install is definitely not for the timid or more casual modder (pretty involved to get access to the screws on back of the bridge). Any Prem/LE bridge upgrade will have the same challenges. Review the installation docs before committing to this upgrade (work was most definitely worth it for me…the plastic bridge was an eye sore for me)
(and yes, my front Tesla tower finally took a fatal air ball, and yes, I'm experimenting with not repairing it and mounting it as a knocked over tower...I think it makes Hedora even more badass in that back corner!)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome pics on the chrome candy
I think the bridge is suppose to be the Manhattan Bridge in NYC ... All the chrome candy metal work looks amazing !

Peace out ...

#1873 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

In addition to the link provided by Sorokyl which was earlier picture I had posted, I have since changed the playfield around a little bit, but continuing with warm white in the GI as well as in the spotlights. For my eyes, I typically always change out all of my Stern games from thier stock cool white to Comet 2-SMD warm white.[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome, looks great, really makes the colors look richer... I'm going to do the same with mine. I noticed on my apron lights, the leds we're not cool white but warm white already, at least they appear to be a stark contrast to the GI light and the slings

#1874 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

looks like the early version, pm when you get a chance

#1875 1 year ago
Quoted from Zora:

You GZ figure looks great. Which model is that?

Pretty sure this is the one. I got mine cheaper - used and custom painted from ebay. It is the Bandai 2001 release and is really nice!

https://www.amazon.com/Tamashii-Nations-Bandai-MonsterArts-Godzilla/dp/B01E1FZZ8Q

#1876 1 year ago

I'm on team necca, movie poster version with a little extra paint.

IMG_20220304_103723298 (resized).jpgIMG_20220304_103723298 (resized).jpgIMG_20220304_103940365 (resized).jpgIMG_20220304_103940365 (resized).jpgIMG_20220303_163306617 (resized).jpgIMG_20220303_163306617 (resized).jpg
#1877 1 year ago

I'm working on a Bridge mod that I will be making available. Currently wrapping up a few design, paint and install details now but will be a four-piece kit for both front and rear bridge plastic replacements.

IMG_9742 (resized).JPGIMG_9742 (resized).JPG
#1878 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

I'm working on a Bridge mod that I will be making available

Looking forward to seeing this when completed!

#1879 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

If you are going for the look that most people, including myself, seem to prefer, you would get:
type 14 light kit
plastic canvas set
city skyline design (in the acrylic designs section)
5.25" SPIKE 2 speaker plate set (since you say you are upgrading to 5.25" speakers) The $25 discount for buying them with a SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit will be refunded when the order is processed.
While leaving the pro or premium speaker foam in place, which I assume you have, you should not even see the 5.25" acrylic surround rings around the speakers......so no need to buy them.
I hope this helps,
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Thank you, Doug!

#1880 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

In addition to the link provided by Sorokyl which was earlier picture I had posted, I have since changed the playfield around a little bit, but continuing with warm white in the GI as well as in the spotlights. For my eyes, I typically always change out all of my Stern games from thier stock cool white to Comet 2-SMD warm white.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome! Are those warm white SMDS:s frosted or clear?

#1881 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Pretty sure this is the one. I got mine cheaper - used and custom painted from ebay. It is the Bandai 2001 release and is really nice!
amazon.com link »

Thanks for the feedback. Not the cheapest one, if bought new.

#1882 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Nice topper!

#1883 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Looks awesome! Are those warm white SMDS:s frosted or clear?

Clear 2-SMD warm whites
This is a picture of the machine currently with this warm white lighting throughout.

PXL_20220617_130523144~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220617_130523144~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220617_130537384~3 (resized).jpgPXL_20220617_130537384~3 (resized).jpg
#1884 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

^

Hope you like it, not for sale

I like it, is it for sale?
Sorry, that was too easy. Seriously well done. You may want to fashion some type of counterweight to the back of his head to help with the vibration. Very cool mod.

#1885 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Clear 2-SMD warm whites
This is a picture of the machine currently with this warm white lighting throughout.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice. What Godzilla figure is that and same question on the ufo mod?

#1886 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Clear 2-SMD warm whites
This is a picture of the machine currently with this warm white lighting throughout.[quoted image][quoted image]

When I got the kit for my Deadpool.... They sent me a combination of warm whites and sunlight frosted and to be honest I couldn't tell the difference either one looks amazing and so does your PIN in this photo. something about the warmer white that is more rich and brings out the colors than those harsh cool whites. Cool white looks great on Star Wars with that color palette but the colors really pop on your machine

#1887 1 year ago

Anyone receiving their speaker light mod who had ordered a few months ago?

#1888 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Careful, you are highly liable to get attacked for asking such a question here

#1889 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Be patient young padawon. Good things will come.

#1890 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

January orders look to be shipping I believe someone posted recently. Can scroll back and see what the month was if I mis stated it.

#1891 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Be patient young padawon. Good things will come.

No problem! I can wait,My GZ isn’t going anywhere.
Just dying to show off that awesome effect to friends and family.

#1892 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

No problem! I can wait,My GZ isn’t going anywhere.
Just dying to show off that awesome effect to friends and family.

Trust me, I have been patiently waiting myself for Doug's kit, just enjoying my Godzilla.

#1893 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Nice. What Godzilla figure is that and same question on the ufo mod?

The UFO mod is a Frankenstein combo: with Liors UFO on top of Gov's Mods UFO base.

The Godzilla is the 1964 Godzilla vs Mothra figure. I have his feet attached to local posts and his tail wrapping behind the center building and attached to the post of the wireform back there. I've tried a couple different figures, and have been very happy with this one.

#1894 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I went with Wizard Mods because I thought they looked nicer than the others.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I've got some Wizard Mod blades to sell if anyone is interested. Save you the month or so wait on them shipping from Portugal.

#1895 1 year ago

Here's my shooter rod from
https://superskillshot.com/search?q=godzilla
I think it matches the premium cabinet artwork perfectly. The stock knob felt so bad, the mold line was all cracked and jagged.. this one feels great and actually seems to function quite a bit better too somehow. Very happy with it. I'm going to buy or make a plate with green scales to go with it (I've seen some on this thread that I'll have to take a better look at)

PXL_20220620_032349006 (resized).jpgPXL_20220620_032349006 (resized).jpgPXL_20220620_142746800 (resized).jpgPXL_20220620_142746800 (resized).jpgPXL_20220620_142806244 (resized).jpgPXL_20220620_142806244 (resized).jpg
#1896 1 year ago

These little things are great. Cant wait to use my vacation days from work over the next couple of months (have 140 hours that are expiring soon) to mess around with these projects...and hopefully have enough space made to move the game home instead of it living at the office.

(ignore the audio)

#1897 1 year ago

Can I get some recommendations for brand/color of lit flipper buttons for a GZ premium?

Would love to see some pics of what people have picked. Those stock yellow buttons have got to go.

#1898 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Can I get some recommendations for brand/color of lit flipper buttons for a GZ premium?
Would love to see some pics of what people have picked. Those stock yellow buttons have got to go.

Multicolor so you can switch and choose.

https://cointaker.com/products/rgb-button-kit

#1899 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

These little things are great. Cant wait to use my vacation days from work over the next couple of months (have 140 hours that are expiring soon) to mess around with these projects...and hopefully have enough space made to move the game home instead of it living at the office.
(ignore the audio)

How much footage can you store on one? Do you have a link? Thanks.

#1900 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

How much footage can you store on one? Do you have a link? Thanks.

This one's an ESP32 TTGO display. Several on amazon. It has 4MB memory but can attach an SD card module. these couple of mod projects I'm planning I only need 20-40 frames and the gif is converted to C code and rendered, so thats about 4MB total. I'm not sure how well it'll perform with a long clip of an SD card. Late this year I'll be messing with a larger screen for a different mod and will see what board performs better for longer clips.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 35.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

9,000 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

There are 5,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 105.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/38?hl=apinjunkie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.