IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg
There are 5,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 105.
#1801 1 year ago

My favorite super glue is Loctite 411.

#1802 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Awesome! I actually have some of this stuff, so I’ll give that a try.
It’s been a trying month to say the least. A few weeks ago I noticed my clear coat was cracking around the magnet area, so much so it was actually peeling up the art work underneath! Used this CA glue to fill the area and press it back down then put a Mylar patch on top. So far it seems to be working perfectly. You can still see the damage if you’re looking straight down on it with a spotlight but overall it was an impressive fix! And yes, Stern is sending me a new playfield but I doubt I’ll use it unless things worsen.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

A populated playfield I hope.

#1803 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

That awful feeling when an errand ball ruins a great mod…

Ugh. Leave it. It adds to the destruction of Godzilla!

#1804 1 year ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

That's great that you were able to repair yours. Mine took an airball hit a little higher to the thin crossmember areas -- snapped the tower in half. Superglue won't help this area.
I just received the towers three weeks ago.
I love the mod, but can't really recommend it if this is how long they might last. As is, I'm out a fair chunk of money and only have the two remaining towers to show for it.
Mike

why not just contact the person you bought it from, I’m sure they will provide a replacement if you bought it just three weeks ago, we would if it were our mod.

#1805 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

why not just contact the person you bought it from, I’m sure they will provide a replacement if you bought it just three weeks ago, we would if it were our mod.

Tom is a good guy, he’ll definitely take care of you if you ask. He’s sending me a replacement later next week. Unfortunately I noticed that my broken tower was also missing one of the legs so I don’t think super glue is going to get the job done. The mod is too damn good not to get it fixed!

#1806 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

A populated playfield I hope.

Definitely not. I’m not sure what would have to happen in order for them to send a populated playfield but I’m guessing it’d have to be pretty damn severe!

#1807 1 year ago

I’m going to be listing my Pinstadium Neo Ultra+ Fusions for sale in the next day or so. Perfect condition just going a different route with my game. They make any amazing light show and personally I love the effects they provide. In particular, the “candle effect” you can choose provides an awesome burning city type of vibe! I’ll post photos/videos soon but wanted to mention it here first in case anyone wants to score a good deal!

0C8C6038-9CDD-4964-95CA-94CAF3D2DDFF (resized).jpeg0C8C6038-9CDD-4964-95CA-94CAF3D2DDFF (resized).jpeg3090911A-D149-455E-BC1A-F68E8C65F5BA (resized).jpeg3090911A-D149-455E-BC1A-F68E8C65F5BA (resized).jpeg572DB9A3-608C-4BAF-8A1E-D043EA80F858 (resized).jpeg572DB9A3-608C-4BAF-8A1E-D043EA80F858 (resized).jpeg63C170C8-8431-441D-AD07-2E8C80751A0A (resized).jpeg63C170C8-8431-441D-AD07-2E8C80751A0A (resized).jpeg
#1808 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I’m going to be listing my Pinstadium Neo Ultra+ Fusions for sale in the next day or so. Perfect condition just going a different route with my game. They make any amazing light show and personally I love the effects they provide. In particular, the “candle effect” you can choose provides an awesome burning city type of vibe! I’ll post photos/videos soon but wanted to mention it here first in case anyone wants to score a good deal!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great just one question…is the big guy on a lunch break? Maybe he got tired of always saving humanity and getting labelled a monster? So many guesses…

#1809 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Looks great just one question…is the big guy on a lunch break? Maybe he got tired of always saving humanity and getting labelled a monster? So many guesses…

Wow the pinstadiums are looking fantastic! .. I just purchased the neo atom fusion .... Cant wait ..

Send more pics .. Did you use the clip ons then wrap em with electrical tape ..thinking this is how i will attach them.. Y or N? ..so they dont pop off and damage any components they might touch not wrapped. .

#1810 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Ha! These are old photos while I was working on my GZ replacement. Totally missed seeing that! Here’s where it ended up…

50243744-7D36-47F4-AA1B-16A6C7BD9B2A (resized).jpeg50243744-7D36-47F4-AA1B-16A6C7BD9B2A (resized).jpeg5BCB5FBE-EA71-4959-8817-0F0B39265C20 (resized).jpeg5BCB5FBE-EA71-4959-8817-0F0B39265C20 (resized).jpegB41C87A8-99EA-4857-A040-FFD92CC0BAA4 (resized).jpegB41C87A8-99EA-4857-A040-FFD92CC0BAA4 (resized).jpeg
#1811 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Ha! These are old photos while I was working on my GZ replacement. Totally missed seeing that! Here’s where it ended up…

are those clip plastic protectors?

#1812 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

are those clip plastic protectors?

Not sure what you mean? These are the plastic protectors from Freddy’s pinball.

#1813 1 year ago

3d printed mods?

my premium is coming this week. I'm gonna do a few things (speakers, shaker motor, artblades, NECA godzilla) but otherwise need to wait on spending until the heat dies down with the wife.

Meanwhile I have a DLP and a nice FDM printer. Any worthwhile mods you guys have done with publicly available STLs (not much of a sculptor...)? I'm gonna print a pingulp in ABS but I couldn't think of much else.

#1814 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Not sure what you mean? These are the plastic protectors from Freddy’s pinball.

Convolux is the brand name.

#1815 1 year ago

I hear you, but... it will just get hit by another airball. Whether it is three days or three weeks or three months, it will get hit and it will likely break again. Not interested in wasting his time when its a temporary fix.

Quoted from atg1469:

Tom is a good guy, he’ll definitely take care of you if you ask. He’s sending me a replacement later next week. Unfortunately I noticed that my broken tower was also missing one of the legs so I don’t think super glue is going to get the job done. The mod is too damn good not to get it fixed!

#1816 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

And yes, Stern is sending me a new playfield but I doubt I’ll use it unless things worsen.

I’ve had a replacement Mando playfield ordered for almost a year now due to chipping. It’s been crickets from them. Hopefully you actually receive yours.

#1818 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Any pics of it installed?

IMG_4591 (resized).jpegIMG_4591 (resized).jpeg
#1819 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

[quoted image]

Would be really cool if someone did a London Bridge Mod.

#1820 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Do you mean Tower Bridge?

#1821 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:Do you mean Tower Bridge?

Upvoted ! The current London bridge is kind of boring; I believe Lior did a mod which mostly looks like Tower Bridge

#1822 1 year ago

The green set of Freddy’s plastics looks great! I’ll pick up a set next year when I attend the IFPA world championships in Germany.

#1823 1 year ago

As a pandemic project last year I built a portable diesel heater inside of a Pelican case for our rooftop tent. To keep the electronics inside cool I ran a 12V fan - and all of this flipper fade talk has me thinking about that project…

I didn’t want the fan running full tilt all of the time so I bought a cheapo Amazon PWM controller and a Noctua PWM fan…has a little temp sensor on the controller. Has anyone toyed with the idea of using one of these in conjunction with flipper fans? One sensor should be enough of a gauge for all of them, and a variable speed fan may do a better job at cooling only when needed?

Just spitballin…maybe a solution in search of a problem…

#1824 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

[quoted image]

Who makes and sells that bridge?
thx

#1825 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

3d printed mods?
my premium is coming this week. I'm gonna do a few things (speakers, shaker motor, artblades, NECA godzilla) but otherwise need to wait on spending until the heat dies down with the wife.
Meanwhile I have a DLP and a nice FDM printer. Any worthwhile mods you guys have done with publicly available STLs (not much of a sculptor...)? I'm gonna print a pingulp in ABS but I couldn't think of much else.

There are adapters for larger speakers and for moving the Insider Connected reader to the coin door. As for Godzilla related stuff I haven't really looked for 3D models. There are nice replacement Godzilla figures readily available and I found a cool alien figure and some period correct mini tanks to install. I like the mini tanks because I have one of them positioned directly over that obnoxious flasher on the middle left of the playfield...
20220614_101145 (resized).jpg20220614_101145 (resized).jpg20220614_101152 (resized).jpg20220614_101152 (resized).jpg

#1826 1 year ago
Quoted from izzy:

thx

Chrome candy makes that bridge. I believe he does a package deal if you're interested in his other Godzilla mods.

#1827 1 year ago
Quoted from izzy:

thx

The person you quoted, who has a store link in his post =)

#1828 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

There are adapters for larger speakers and for moving the Insider Connected reader to the coin door. As for Godzilla related stuff I haven't really looked for 3D models. There are nice replacement Godzilla figures readily available and I found a cool alien figure and some period correct mini tanks to install. I like the mini tanks because I have one of them positioned directly over that obnoxious flasher on the middle left of the playfield...
[quoted image][quoted image]

There's VERY little in terms of period-appropriate STLs available. There are a bunch from the modern American Godzilla movies. Still cool, but not the same as the game. I've seen a lot of people installing figures from later periods, like the Mechagodzilla from the 1990s renewed (Heisei) movies. Still cool, again, not the right period. There just isn't much in terms of Godzilla/Mecha/Rodan/et al. You're better off with the vinyl figures. There are smaller (3") Gashopon vinyl figures which work if you put them in the back of the game (e.g. Rodan/Mothra). Mechagodzilla: highly recommend you get a "Mechagodzilla 1974" from Bandai. Available on ebay.

also, there ARE actual japanese tank STLs which are the models used in the films - they look somewhat different from the Shermans you have there.

#1829 1 year ago

^

Hope you like it, not for sale

#1830 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

As a pandemic project last year I built a portable diesel heater inside of a Pelican case for our rooftop tent. To keep the electronics inside cool I ran a 12V fan - and all of this flipper fade talk has me thinking about that project…
I didn’t want the fan running full tilt all of the time so I bought a cheapo Amazon PWM controller and a Noctua PWM fan…has a little temp sensor on the controller. Has anyone toyed with the idea of using one of these in conjunction with flipper fans? One sensor should be enough of a gauge for all of them, and a variable speed fan may do a better job at cooling only when needed?
Just spitballin…maybe a solution in search of a problem…

Check out my DIY Flipper Coil Fan discussion:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-pinball-flipper-coil-fans

I don't see a benefit of slowing down the flipper coil fans as there is no worry of "over" cooling them.

#1831 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

^

Oh man, bash toy head spinning. That's... Aces! Reliable mount to reduce wear?

#1832 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Oh man, bash toy head spinning. That's... Aces! Reliable mount to reduce wear?

we will see, i didnt do a long test. Time will tell, but it looks solid at the moment

#1833 1 year ago

Cool maybe slow it down just a fraction, think it’s a little too quick currently.

#1834 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

we will see, i didnt do a long test. Time will tell, but it looks solid at the moment

this is so fun!

#1835 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

they look somewhat different from the Shermans you have there.

The ones I have are Japanese type 61 tanks. Probably copied from Shermans but still period correct Japanese tanks...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_61_(tank)

#1836 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

The ones I have are Japanese type 61 tanks. Probably copied from Shermans but still period correct Japanese tanks...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_61_(tank)

See that's what I get for trying to swing around in a thread like this LOL. I am thinking more of the Chi-Nu and Chi-Tos from WWII, but those are actually even more appropriate since they're from the 60s. NICE!

#1837 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

See that's what I get for trying to swing around in a thread like this LOL. I am thinking more of the Chi-Nu and Chi-Tos from WWII, but those are actually even more appropriate since they're from the 60s. NICE!

Yeah I have a friend or two who are military geeks and I knew if I put something in that wasn't at least close to being correct, they would hammer me on it. I found a website that talked about the military equipment used in the old Gz movies and the Type 61 was listed! The 1/144 size models worked great for the spot I put them and they don't block the view of anything. They are pretty readily available on eBay.

#1838 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Chrome candy makes that bridge. I believe he does a package deal if you're interested in his other Godzilla mods.

Thx. I saw his first bridge, haven't seen this one.

#1839 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Cool maybe slow it down just a fraction, think it’s a little too quick currently.

That’s no problem, RPM is adjustable. Still in testing phase. If you look at the animation that’s also fast

#1840 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

^

Dude. I have no idea how you pulled that off but it's great.

#1841 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Dude. I have no idea how you pulled that off but it's great.

I'm guessing, cut the head off, and throw a 6v motor in it thats tried to the flasher .......just a guess ....I'd probably go with a low rpm option to keep it not so wild or wire in a speed controller to dial it in more, no clue if this is how it was done I'm just guessing. Very cool also

#1842 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thoughts on the Wizard Mod side blades? Not too impressed with the Stern version. Like to get mods in advance of my game showing up one day. Thanks![quoted image]

I went with Wizard Mods because I thought they looked nicer than the others.

20220522_134736 (resized).jpg20220522_134736 (resized).jpg20220522_134803 (resized).jpg20220522_134803 (resized).jpg
#1843 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Yes

#1844 1 year ago

London Bridge vs Tower Bridge

2gettyimages-543225013-2 (resized).jpg2gettyimages-543225013-2 (resized).jpgTower_Bridge_from_Shad_Thames (resized).jpgTower_Bridge_from_Shad_Thames (resized).jpg

#1845 1 year ago
20220614_232817 (resized).jpg20220614_232817 (resized).jpg
#1846 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

^

Amazing idea, looks great!!!

#1847 1 year ago

Can I get someone to take a pic of the small node board under the left flipper button, please?

Thanks

#1848 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:Can I get someone to take a pic of the small node board under the left flipper button, please?
Thanks

20220615_073444 (resized).jpg20220615_073444 (resized).jpg
#1849 1 year ago

For those who have purchased the Flamin' Flames speaker lights and the city landscape acrylic:

Maybe I'm just stupid, but I'm getting a little confused on what to buy here for the best look. I plan on buying aftermarket speakers like I do with my other Premiums (or pinsound speakers or pinwoofer), so Flamin' Flames, Acrylic landscape, plastic canvas set, and if I'm getting 5.25" speakers, the cutout panels and acrylic color backs too? Or do I need to keep the flat black panels without cutouts for the flamin flames?

Again, if this is posted somewhere or even on his site, I apologize. When I see a wall of text, I can sometimes miss certain things.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Wanted
€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 105.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.