20240318_152015 (resized).jpg
20240318_152006 (resized).jpg
20240318_152751 (resized).jpg
20240316_201946 (resized).jpg
20240316_201708 (resized).jpg
IMG_3104 (resized).jpeg
20240303_090153 (resized).jpg
IMG_8413 (resized).jpeg

There are 5,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 105.
#1601 1 year ago

Doug's quality of modifications is top notch. Well worth the wait and I appreciate the transparency.

#1602 1 year ago

I know this is basic, but I purchased a set of slingshot and return lane plastic protectors from a fella on Ebay and am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for exactly what needs to be removed and what doesn't in order to install those? I realized as I started doing it last night that I might have to remove the wire rails entirely in order to install the slingshot protectors. Sounds like a pain!

#1603 1 year ago
Quoted from kttully0428:

I know this is basic, but I purchased a set of slingshot and return lane plastic protectors from a fella on Ebay and am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for exactly what needs to be removed and what doesn't in order to install those? I realized as I started doing it last night that I might have to remove the wire rails entirely in order to install the slingshot protectors. Sounds like a pain!

It should take you 10 minutes tops to install. Pinball can be way harder than that my friend.

#1604 1 year ago
Quoted from kttully0428:

just remove the 1 nut on the sling end of rails and lift up to replace plastic,dont remove the rail just move the 1 end up

#1605 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

just remove the 1 nut on the sling end of rails and lift up to replace plastic,dont remove the rail just move the 1 end up

maybe need to remove 2 nuts on left side

#1606 1 year ago

Oh, I guess I didn’t realize the rails could move up like that. They feel very stiff! Thanks y’all. Sorry for the dumb question. I’m relieved!

#1607 1 year ago
Quoted from kttully0428:

Oh, I guess I didn’t realize the rails could move up like that. They feel very stiff! Thanks y’all. Sorry for the dumb question. I’m relieved!

It's all good, it's why these forms exist. The only dumb question is the one not asked.Keep flippen.

#1608 1 year ago

Got those plastic protectors in. Easy peasy. Glad I asked all of you what to do!!! I was about to send them back. I know this is probably the most basic of the basic for all of you but for me it’s definitely helping me get comfortable messing around with my machine. Really glad this forum exists!!!

#1609 1 year ago

Oooooo shiny 2nd pic is halfway mark, 3rd pic below is dry final- I think it came out pretty nice, smooth as glass to the touch...was aprehensive about using the laquer over the paint but i started with a really light couple of coats and built it up ...about 10 coats in all, looks like the spots are below the shine now instead of painted on
20220519_153755 (resized).jpg20220519_153755 (resized).jpg20220519_170206 (resized).jpg20220519_170206 (resized).jpg
20220519_170310 (resized).jpg20220519_170310 (resized).jpg

#1610 1 year ago

Looks great!

#1611 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Oooooo shiny 2nd pic is halfway mark, 3rd pic below is dry final- I think it came out pretty nice, smooth as glass to the touch...was aprehensive about using the laquer over the paint but i started with a really light couple of coats and built it up ...about 10 coats in all, looks like the spots are below the shine now instead of painted on
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

It looks so much better, the Official Rod for this Pin is the thing I hate the most about this PIN. It's so uninspiring and blah. The colors just don't appealing at all. I actually got the AIQ Rod and wired it up, because I hated this thing so much. However you've done a great job with it and I'd be proud like yourself to display it.

#1612 1 year ago

Waiting for the right size lights to come in and trains will be on fire.

D26EEF25-A1A1-405E-A627-F94F2E5C78C1 (resized).jpegD26EEF25-A1A1-405E-A627-F94F2E5C78C1 (resized).jpeg
#1613 1 year ago

Nice job on the landscaping too, tastefully done.

Quoted from Medic:

[quoted image]

#1614 1 year ago
20220419_133151 (resized).jpg20220419_133151 (resized).jpg
#1615 1 year ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

[quoted image]

That looks great, how long did it take for you to receive it,from the time you ordered it?

#1616 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

That looks great, how long did it take for you to receive it,from the time you ordered it?

Almost 2 months. But I didn't have my machine until 3 days before it arrived, so I wasn't caring about the delay.

#1617 1 year ago

Since there's talk about shooter rods and I am not a fan of Stern's Mother egg I may as well share a sneak peek about a new Godzilla egg shooter mod I'm working on. I've shown it to a few local pin friends and the response has been great so i'm thinking about making available.

IMG_9537 (resized).jpegIMG_9537 (resized).jpegIMG_9550 (resized).jpegIMG_9550 (resized).jpeg
#1618 1 year ago

That would work for Oktoberfest.

#1619 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Since there's talk about shooter rods and I am not a fan of Stern's Mother egg I may as well share a sneak peek about a new Godzilla egg shooter mod I'm working on. I've shown it to a few local pin friends and the response has been great so i'm thinking about making available.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Artichoke?

#1620 1 year ago

As mentioned above it's a Godzilla egg. The detail you see are the scales. The design is derived from the Game of Thrones dragon eggs.

#1621 1 year ago

Prost!

Quoted from yancy:

#1622 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Hops!!

#1623 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

As mentioned above it's a Godzilla egg. The detail you see are the scales. The design is derived from the Game of Thrones dragon eggs.

Sorry... just messing with you!

#1624 1 year ago

That’s what I was going to say. Artichoke?!

#1625 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

It looks so much better, the Official Rod for this Pin is the thing I hate the most about this PIN. It's so uninspiring and blah. The colors just don't appealing at all. I actually got the AIQ Rod and wired it up, because I hated this thing so much. However you've done a great job with it and I'd be proud like yourself to display it.

Yep, I was a little let down on the overall finish out of the box, kinda rough and hade a homemade look to it, still don't feel it was worth the $. Maybe 75$ tops.. The feel is nice and made even better now with the gloss coating, which is what really counts IMHO.

#1626 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Nice job on the landscaping too, tastefully done.

How does a tree grow above the bridge?!

#1627 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

[quoted image]

The trees add so much to the scene there, nice work. Where did you get / make the train? I’ve been thinking about doing that exact same thing

#1628 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

How does a tree grow above the bridge?!

Seriously, that's your takeaway from that. I for one could care less how the tree grows above the bridge, I think the trees look cool. I have a number of mods ready to install when my gz premium arrives and have given a lot of thought to adding trees. I think it's interesting and inspiring. That said, the concern I have with that picture is what looks like planking to me on the playfield. My first new in the box was A Mando, I've had it less than a year. And aside from it being pitted as f***, it has now started to show evidence of planking. I've been told the playfield qualities are a crap shoot. Maybe you get a good one, maybe you don't. So for Godzilla I thought I would get a playfield protector to address the dimples, but now what's the point. A playfield protector isn't going to keep the playfield from planking so...WTF Stern. These machines aren't cheap, hell if you played 11 Grand for a car with a shiny finish, and if in less than a year that finish started to go south, you would feel like shit. Sorry, rant over, I just needed to vent.
Oh yeah, I think the trees are cool.

Screenshot_20220521-101013 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220521-101013 (resized).png

#1629 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Totally!

green-hops (resized).jpggreen-hops (resized).jpghops shooter (resized).jpghops shooter (resized).jpg
#1630 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The trees add so much to the scene there, nice work. Where did you get / make the train? I’ve been thinking about doing that exact same thing

It was designed by a toyotaboy and he uploaded the 3d printer files. I just 3d printed them. I think there was a post somewhere of someone shipping them for $20. Lermods will be making this mod as well from my understanding.

#1631 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

That said, the concern I have with that picture is what looks like planking to me on the playfield. My first new in the box was A Mando, I've had it less than a year. And aside from it being pitted as f***, it has now started to show evidence of planking. I've been told the playfield qualities are a crap shoot. Maybe you get a good one, maybe you don't. So for Godzilla I thought I would get a playfield protector to address the dimples, but now what's the point. A playfield protector isn't going to keep the playfield from planking so...WTF Stern. These machines aren't cheap, hell if you played 11 Grand for a car with a shiny finish, and if in less than a year that finish started to go south, you would feel like shit. Sorry, rant over, I just needed to vent.
[quoted image]

That picture just looks like the clear coat spray pattern to me. My AIQ shows it more than my Deadpool and Godzilla, but I don't have any concerns about it. Over 5000 plays on Deadpool and 3500 on AIQ and no playfield issues. They do have dimpling, but that is to be expected.

#1632 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

It was designed by a toyotaboy and he uploaded the 3d printer files. I just 3d printed them. I think there was a post somewhere of someone shipping them for $20. Lermods will be making this mod as well from my understanding.

That’s correct, we are considering making the Godzilla train mod with @toyotaboy. He is sending me painted and lit trains and we will attach it to Godzilla (the bank version) and then wire it to be interactive with the train insert. If there is interest, please let me know. It will probably be $149.

#1633 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Seriously, that's your takeaway from that. I for one could care less how the tree grows above the bridge, I think the trees look cool. I have a number of mods ready to install when my gz premium arrives and have given a lot of thought to adding trees. I think it's interesting and inspiring. That said, the concern I have with that picture is what looks like planking to me on the playfield. My first new in the box was A Mando, I've had it less than a year. And aside from it being pitted as f***, it has now started to show evidence of planking. I've been told the playfield qualities are a crap shoot. Maybe you get a good one, maybe you don't. So for Godzilla I thought I would get a playfield protector to address the dimples, but now what's the point. A playfield protector isn't going to keep the playfield from planking so...WTF Stern. These machines aren't cheap, hell if you played 11 Grand for a car with a shiny finish, and if in less than a year that finish started to go south, you would feel like shit. Sorry, rant over, I just needed to vent.
[quoted image]

Yeah that’s called ribbing and it’s completely normal.

#1634 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Yeah that’s called ribbing and it’s completely normal.

Maybe normal, but it still sucks. Why does it do it?

#1635 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Maybe normal, but it still sucks. Why does it do it?

Because the placement didn’t make sense to me. I get the whole tree thing, not sure I agree with their use on this theme, but I get the appeal. Still, that one over the bridge stood out so I made a comment. As always, to each their own. It’s not my game so I could care less what others do. Put a whole damn arboretum in the damn thing if you so chose, but don’t be surprised if I make a smart ass comment if you post pictures of it!

#1636 1 year ago

Modding up the Zilla... Holy friggin shit these speaker panel lights are amazeballs

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4emvxbfEwRyiuhbV9

#1637 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Found it. Thank you Joe!

#1638 1 year ago

Added the speaker lights this weekend ...

GZ Speaker Lights (resized).jpgGZ Speaker Lights (resized).jpg
#1639 1 year ago

That looks great. I think I might like that more than the fire effect.

#1640 1 year ago

Mods are expensive so I made my own custom apron card.I think it looks way better than the crappy ones Stern sends.

20220521_145507 (resized).jpg20220521_145507 (resized).jpg
#1641 1 year ago

I've seen that people prefer the AIQ Shooter Rod to the egg made for Godzilla. Is it interactive on GZ like it is on AIQ?

#1642 1 year ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Mods are expensive so I made my own custom apron card.I think it looks way better than the crappy ones Stern sends.
[quoted image]

In for a preorder if you decide to make these!

#1643 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

That looks great. I think I might like that more than the fire effect.

I always liked the speakers in the LE, so for me I didn't want to change that look. Another huge upside is Doug has these in stock and they shipped out immediately. Really easy to connect, took about 20 min total I think?

#1644 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I've seen that people prefer the AIQ Shooter Rod to the egg made for Godzilla. Is it interactive on GZ like it is on AIQ?

No lights on gz rod.

#1645 1 year ago
Quoted from Nikko:

I always liked the speakers in the LE, so for me I didn't want to change that look. Another huge upside is Doug has these in stock and they shipped out immediately. Really easy to connect, took about 20 min total I think?

I imagine I can’t do this on a pro model, right?

#1646 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Those will work on the pro.

#1647 1 year ago

I want to add a bridge to my Pro but I'm not crazy about the current options. Anyone have interest in making something more like this?

Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 10.23.00 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-23 at 10.23.00 AM (resized).png
#1648 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

You have to buy different speakers for the pro plus adapters to make it work

#1649 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Those will work on the pro.

Nice! The website has that style listed for the LE only.

#1650 1 year ago
Quoted from Delta9:

You have to buy different speakers for the pro plus adapters to make it work

Ok. That makes more sense.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 49.99
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 5,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 105.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/33?hl=mapalot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.