IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg
There are 5,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 105.
#51 2 years ago

Started working on a bobble UFO for the bumper, but i'm curious on the frequency on flyballs in that area to see if its worth it

#52 2 years ago

Welp, good thing I have been saving up for the mods. I knew someone would make a Maser and Oxygen destroyer. I would love to see a better Xilien ship as the shooter rod and one for the pop. No offense to the creator intended, but the one posted does not entice me. I would gladly play double that for one that really looks quality.

The other mods look good so far but I will wait till I see the finished products.

#53 2 years ago

One other idea I thought of that you could consider for the sign on that building could be Tokyo-eki (Tokyo Station :東京駅). Alternatively, Shinjuku-eki in Kanji characters: Shinjuku Station (新宿駅, Shinjuku-eki). Both are major train/subway stations in Tokyo.

Shinjuku is the skyscraper district of Tokyo and Shinjuku Station is the busiest train/subway station in the world. The Shinjuku district also coincidentally is the location of Godzilla Street, themed hotel, and Godzilla store.

I think Tokyo-eki or subway in Japanese Kanji with the English in small letters below would be cool.
Sorry, I guess I'm geeking out here a bit. I lived in Japan for a few years and minored in Japanese in college so this one is kind of fun for me.

#54 2 years ago

Signage should be accurate. Kanji with small English underneath.

#55 2 years ago

We also have some irons in the fire, as soon as our game shows up its go time on the Sapporo tower!

Godzilla_vs._Sapporo_Tower (resized).jpgGodzilla_vs._Sapporo_Tower (resized).jpg
#56 2 years ago

Also owners of pros should not be denied some sort of build mod...moving or not, something should be in that area And we'll look to upgrade the flat plastics of the premium/Le models

p3491_i_h9_aa (resized).jpgp3491_i_h9_aa (resized).jpg

#57 2 years ago

This is gonna be the the most modded game in history, Stern gonna sell Godzilla's for a decade.
60 years of movie history to pull from.
Cool looking stuff guys.

#58 2 years ago

With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound, I present Godzilla 3D Start Buttons from Rocket City Pinball!

Godzilla_1_RCP (resized).jpgGodzilla_1_RCP (resized).jpg

An intimidating curled profile of Godzilla -- accentuating his unique spikes -- adorns the face of this 3D printed start button. Atop the green Godzilla is a triple-colored START text, painstakingly recreated in the style of the Godzilla font on the Pro & Premium. (Fun fact: This font appears to be modeled after the 1956 Godzilla King of the Monsters movie title font!) That makes this a FIVE-color print, all printed in one single run (with four filament changes in the process) to fuse all components together.

This button also debuts a new translucent color now available, shown below -- let's call it Atomic Breath Blue! It's a much lighter blue than I've used in the past, and it's perfect for the Godzilla theme.

Godzilla_PlasmaBlue1_RCP (resized).jpgGodzilla_PlasmaBlue1_RCP (resized).jpg

The button also looks fantastic in green, shown below.

Godzilla_Green_RCP (resized).jpgGodzilla_Green_RCP (resized).jpg

Really, the cabinet art is so colorful on this game, ANY color base would work well -- I have red, orange, tangerine, yellow, green, atomic breath blue, standard blue, purple, and clear/white. Take your pick! Or get creative -- you could get a clear/white button or the atomic blue, and put a Comet blue fire bulb behind it!

The button has a nice beveled edge, and I chose a metallic orange for the lettering to help give it the illusion of gradient, like the game's font has.

More pics to be added as they become available (e.g., on the actual Godzilla game, instead of my Game of Thrones, lol)

Available at any of the following locations:
Item link in Pinside Shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05436-3d-start-button-godzilla-stern
Pinside shop (general): https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball
Facebook: https://facebook.com/RocketCityPinball

#59 2 years ago

MEZELmods

Manga Save illuminated sign

24FACADC-6811-448A-90AF-A973AFDD05B9 (resized).jpeg24FACADC-6811-448A-90AF-A973AFDD05B9 (resized).jpeg67E12164-C13D-46F5-852B-BCB281F766B4 (resized).jpeg67E12164-C13D-46F5-852B-BCB281F766B4 (resized).jpeg
#60 2 years ago

Wow that looks big. Does that go in front of the bridge?

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Wow that looks big. Does that go in front of the bridge?

That’s just the prototype, so we will resize it. It will go in that area.

#62 2 years ago

Topper, Ghidora from Bandai:

61150d13bdce7 (resized).jpg61150d13bdce7 (resized).jpg61150d146476f (resized).jpg61150d146476f (resized).jpg
#63 2 years ago

Prototyping a jet fighter....this mod will fit all models. Wasn't sure on the canopy color so went with black....what do you guys think....should it be red to match the artwork?

20211007_131533 (resized).jpg20211007_131533 (resized).jpg20211007_131539 (resized).jpg20211007_131539 (resized).jpg20211007_131546 (resized).jpg20211007_131546 (resized).jpg20211007_131552 (resized).jpg20211007_131552 (resized).jpg20211007_131608 (resized).jpg20211007_131608 (resized).jpg20211007_133323 (resized).jpg20211007_133323 (resized).jpg
#64 2 years ago

The original ones did not have any coloring but I would match the artwork.

https://godzilla.fandom.com/wiki/Red_Bamboo_Fighter_Jet

#65 2 years ago

My upcoming Flamin' SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Frames should fit pretty nicely with the Godzilla theme. I am also planning on having a skyline design available that mounts at the bottom of the speaker panel grill area. I had this planned even before seeing the end of ball total screen (which it matches really closely).

Here's a crap mock up picture, a pic of the end of ball total screen and a video of the Flamin' Frames in action.

I hope to have these listed by mid-November.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

ball total screen (resized).jpgball total screen (resized).jpgorig 01 (resized).jpgorig 01 (resized).jpg Added over 2 years ago:

Mid-November has been pushed back to early - mid December. Sorry for the delay.

#66 2 years ago

I'm normally not a speaker lights guy but damn, does that look cool!

Later,
EV

#67 2 years ago

I planned on getting the flamin kit but the city silhouette is a nice touch. Does the flamin kit change color? It would be nice to make it blue as well.

#68 2 years ago

I planned on getting the flamin kit but the city silhouette is a nice touch. Does the flamin kit change color? It would be nice to make it blue as well.

I know Godzilla's Atomic Breath is usually blue, but I don't think things set on fire by the Atomic Breath burn blue. I could probably program the controller blue for you before it ships, but then it's blue all the time. I tried some different flame-like colors when messing with the natural flame look, but didn't try any blues, greens or other off-flame colors in the mix.

The Flamin' Frames have no remote or user adjustable color, speed or brightness. What you see when you turn it on for the first time is what you see every time you turn it on. The only thing close to an adjustment that may be included would be if you decide to use the y-splitter to use only one of the controllers two outputs to control both frames. This would give a bit more symmetrical look as both frames would be displaying the same flaming pattern (though mirrored from each other).

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

My upcoming Flamin' SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Frames should fit pretty nicely with the Godzilla theme. I am also planning on having a skyline design available that mounts at the bottom of the speaker panel grill area. I had this planned even before seeing the end of ball total screen (which it matches really closely).
Here's a crap mock up picture, a pic of the end of ball total screen and a video of the Flamin' Frames in action.

[quoted image][quoted image]

Holy ....SOLD!!! That is really cool...well done

#70 2 years ago

DugFreez - very interested in a set of these!

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

How can we get this look on an LE? Its stunning!

#72 2 years ago

Got my pro yesterday and it is amazing. Anybody need a mod beta tester?

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Got my pro yesterday and it is amazing. Anybody need a mod beta tester?
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"b487787b3f3ac6db348fbe256a8765125ba12b9a-1633807752-1800"};
//]]>

Cliffy could use some pics and measurements of the shooter lane so we can get protectors going for that.

#74 2 years ago

Doing Godzilla with heat ray coming from his mouth.....not a fan of the flat plastics, Probably end up doing Mechagodzilla roo

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Cliffy could use some pics and measurements of the shooter lane so we can get protectors going for that.

Yeah, get measuring gov!

#76 2 years ago

I've heard that the magnet gets hot. Perhaps someone can make a fan mod for that?

#77 2 years ago

Fan isn’t going to do much there. The magnet is above the PF. And the only magnet burn solution there ever was for TAF was the fuse.

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

How can we get this look on an LE? Its stunning!

It would be as simple as getting the Flamin' Fames kit when I get it ready.....and then adding the speaker foam that the Pro and Premium models usually have from the factory (which I sell) and some plastic canvas to put in the back of the lit area to spread the light (which I sell).

I've tried these mounted with different things in different ways (foam / no foam, with foam alone or with foam and the plastic canvas, etc...) Each looks a bit different and there are some things I don't think should be done. I would personally never remove the foam if you have a Pro or Premium and are using the factory 4" speaker plates...they look bad and should always be covered up (by foam or with a design on the grill or something). I also don't think a person should ever use the plastic canvas without the foam.

While I would personally choose the foam and plastic canvas covering up the LE speakers.....I think it looks good with the LE speakers and surrounds without the foam or plastic canvas also. The flaming effect isn't spread as well or as visible, the lights are also not diffused by the foam and are more visible by direct view, but it still looks nice and the LE speakers and surrounds in the back of the lit area doesn't look bad or distracting at all. You can even put a type 13 light kit behind them if you want them to stand out a bit more.

All and all if you have an LE and like the flaming kit...I would probably recommend getting it and also the foam and plastic canvas so you have different things to try out and see what you like best.

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Fan isn’t going to do much there. The magnet is above the PF. And the only magnet burn solution there ever was for TAF was the fuse.

Isn't that just a post? The actual magnet coil is below the playfield, isn't it?

EDIT: Confirmed. It's a big coil under the PF that drives the post you see on the topside. So a fan mechanism to cool it could be easily added as an option to the Tibetan Breeze flipper cooling kit for Spike. I'll check out the temps when I lay hands on a Godzilla and if it is getting really hot, I'll make an add-on to cool this down.
godzilla-magnet (resized).jpggodzilla-magnet (resized).jpg

#80 2 years ago

I stand corrected. Cool beans. I’ll buy one.

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

It would be as simple as getting the Flamin' Fames kit when I get it ready.....and then adding the speaker foam that the Pro and Premium models usually have from the factory (which I sell) and some plastic canvas to put in the back of the lit area to spread the light (which I sell).
I've tried these mounted with different things in different ways (foam / no foam, with foam alone or with foam and the plastic canvas, etc...) Each looks a bit different and there are some things I don't think should be done. I would personally never remove the foam if you have a Pro or Premium and are using the factory 4" speaker plates...they look bad and should always be covered up (by foam or with a design on the grill or something). I also don't think a person should ever use the plastic canvas without the foam.
While I would personally choose the foam and plastic canvas covering up the LE speakers.....I think it looks good with the LE speakers and surrounds without the foam or plastic canvas also. The flaming effect isn't spread as well or as visible, the lights are also not diffused by the foam and are more visible by direct view, but it still looks nice and the LE speakers and surrounds in the back of the lit area doesn't look bad or distracting at all. You can even put a type 13 light kit behind them if you want them to stand out a bit more.
All and all if you have an LE and like the flaming kit...I would probably recommend getting it and also the foam and plastic canvas so you have different things to try out and see what you like best.

Thank you for the details Doug! By chance do you have any photos available of it without the foam/canvas?

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Isn't that just a post? The actual magnet coil is below the playfield, isn't it?
EDIT: Confirmed. It's a big coil under the PF that drives the post you see on the topside. So a fan mechanism to cool it could be easily added as an option to the Tibetan Breeze flipper cooling kit for Spike. I'll check out the temps when I lay hands on a Godzilla and if it is getting really hot, I'll make an add-on to cool this down.
[quoted image]

Thank you PinMonk, I'd definitely be interested if you design one.

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Thank you PinMonk, I'd definitely be interested if you design one.

I'm thinking about doing launch themed Tibetan Breeze kits that are green with the footprint on the fan screen. If I do that and the magnet needs cooling, I'll have it match, too.

#84 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Thank you for the details Doug! By chance do you have any photos available of it without the foam/canvas?

I'll see if I can get a short video in the next couple of days. It should do better at showing how things look than a picture would. I will put the same Godzilla "LE looking" setup on the back (red? surrounds and the 5.25" Kenwood speakers) and do one side with the foam and plastic canvas and the other side without. I'll also hook both sides up to the same output using the Y-Splitter so they will be showing the same flaming patterns on both sides for a better head to head comparison.

#85 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I'll see if I can get a short video in the next couple of days. It should do better at showing how things look than a picture would. I will put the same Godzilla "LE looking" setup on the back (red? surrounds and the 5.25" Kenwood speakers) and do one side with the foam and plastic canvas and the other side without. I'll also hook both sides up to the same output using the Y-Splitter so they will be showing the same flaming patterns on both sides for a better head to head comparison.

You rock! Either way I'll be making a purchase of some sort from you for Godzilla LE! I upgraded my TMNT premium with your 5.25" speaker kit and its the first thing everyone asks about when they see turtles.

#86 2 years ago

I can confirm that the magnet is an issue. Played around 6 hours today on a pro and we had to let the machine sit between games or else the magnet would stop working due to the heat. We also had some longer 3 player games where the magnet was working to start and mid game it would die. Surprisingly it would sometimes start working again mid game.

#87 2 years ago

I need this flaming speaker set up to look like that on an LE. Just link that kit when it’s ready.

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Absolutely so cool!!!! Cannot wait to get this mod!! I have your light kits etc as you know in all my modern Stern games!! The best quality and service in the Pinball modification arena!!!

#89 2 years ago

I can confirm that the magnet is an issue. Played around 6 hours today on a pro and we had to let the machine sit between games or else the magnet would stop working due to the heat. We also had some longer 3 player games where the magnet was working to start and mid game it would die. Surprisingly it would sometimes start working again mid game.

Sounds like maybe a thermal switch is being used? Or (hopefully) they used the better option and have a temp probe on the coil and are using software to turn the coil off when it gets too hot then back on again when it cools down. Either would explain why the coil starts working again mid-game after being off for a while.

Given that Stern has the ability to do microsecond pulse duty cycles, it may not get fixed without active cooling (and I guess this confirms I'm doing it), but it should be a lot BETTER with some attention paid to the duty cycle of the magnet on future software updates.

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Count me in for the flames or the cityscape when you get them done. I need to order another set for my Deadpool as well.

#91 2 years ago

Trying out a couple of approaches for UFO designs. One more OG style and other sightly updated designs. The OG one I just put together quickly this morning, so the domes/curves will get some size adjustments as I play with it. Watcha guys think?

IMG_20211011_140811 (resized).jpgIMG_20211011_140811 (resized).jpgdownload_20211011_104332 (resized).pngdownload_20211011_104332 (resized).png
#92 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

Based on initial impressions of the gam it sounds like this is the only major issue, so looking forward to this.

#93 2 years ago

Nothing beats the original Monster Zero design:

Quoted from Sleal16:

Trying out a couple of approaches for UFO designs. One more OG style and other sightly updated designs. The OG one I just put together quickly this morning, so the domes/curves will get some size adjustments as I play with it. Watcha guys think?

AC6B2ABA-E640-4A2B-8F94-145C98F62E01 (resized).pngAC6B2ABA-E640-4A2B-8F94-145C98F62E01 (resized).png
#94 2 years ago

Nothing beats the original Monster Zero design:
[quoted image]

Yeah, ultimately will be the final design. Been using that one and the black and white one as reference. Still slowly working on curvatures to get the domes as close to that as possible. Printing V2 low res right now to see how it translates. The other design I'll get it finish for the heck of it

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Looks good. Will u be selling?

#96 2 years ago

If I'm proud enough of the final "product", sure. And also as long as I don't step on anyone's toes if they're already working on something similar.

Once I get the shapes right, need to test the translucent parts since on this bumper for GZ it looks to use different changing colors for targets. Gotta make sure it'll show the right color through. Hoping there isn't any, or much of, delays on the LEs. Haven't seen any pros pop up anywhere near here

#97 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

If I'm proud enough of the final "product", sure. And also as long as I don't step on anyone's toes if they're already working on something similar.
Once I get the shapes right, need to test the translucent parts since on this bumper for GZ it looks to use different changing colors for targets. Gotta make sure it'll show the right color through. Hoping there isn't any, or much of, delays on the LEs. Haven't seen any pros pop up anywhere near here

I would say don't worry about it, everyone has their own takes on things, one person's like could be someone else's dislike.

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I would say don't worry about it, everyone has their own takes on things, one person's like could be someone else's dislike.

I agree, I’m sure many people will be building different mods based on the ship, oxygen destroyer, and the maser cannon. The good stuff will float to the top of folks buy list so make it rock and people will love it.

#99 2 years ago

Any mods planned for the bridge? The flat plastics look ugly, IMO...

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Any mods planned for the bridge? The flat plastics look ugly, IMO...

Yeah I'm working on that

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 105.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/2?hl=birdforce1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.