IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg
There are 5,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 105.
#1253 2 years ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Lots of people going with the NECA 1956 Movie Poster version. I got one in advance of my premium coming, only thing that isn’t “awesome” is GZ’s spines are red vs blue. I’m going to paint mine (stolen idea from another Pinsider) with UV reactive blue paint.

I'd suggest trial installing first. With my machine in-between others, you don't see the spines. Heck you don't even see the tail so I didn't install the extra section!

Quoted from greenhorn1:

What are everyone's thoughts on the best blades for this game? My pro will be arriving soon so I want to go ahead and order but I haven't seen a lot of good pictures of how they actually look in the game. I'm leaning towards the wizblades but the official stern ones look pretty nice too.

I'm a huge fan of mirror blades. Really opens games up. I find art blades close them right in and gives you that shoebox dollhouse feel.

#1254 2 years ago

Will this GZ action figure work on my Pro? 6" OOKVIVI 2019

https://amzn.to/3j39edI

#1255 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Will this GZ action figure work on my Pro? 6" OOKVIVI 2019
https://amzn.to/3j39edI

You have any 6.4" of clearance. Tails are usually the only thing you might need to cut off if it doesn't articulate and if lengthy.

#1256 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

I'd suggest trial installing first. With my machine in-between others, you don't see the spines. Heck you don't even see the tail so I didn't install the extra section!

Thanks for the tip! Definitely will wait until GZ is in his rightful place before busting out the paintbrush.

#1257 2 years ago

Looking for suggestions on powering mods for Godzilla. I've seen several solutions but being my first nib game I'm not wanting to damage any of the node boards. List of led mods I'll be running. Godzilla with lighted atomic breath, mechzilla with led lighted eyes, lermods Tesla mod, flaming frames, home made topper with burning building made with the insides of a flame bulb for home use lol. 20 inch led strip from cointaker and two blue spotlights magnum bulbs. All except the flaming frames run off of standard 5-6.3 volts my worry is tying everything into the GI might be too much of a strain and damage something.

Should I go with the pinball life spike 2 separate power supply?

Thanks!

#1258 2 years ago

I had the chance over the weekend to play with some lighting concepts for my topper. There's a lot of ways to skin this cat. The basic premise though is three lines in, the whites in the bases will be controlled by the white GI, a red LED strip under King ghidorah's wings controled by the red GI and a couple of UV star post lights tied into the spinner to illuminate the dorsal spines. The fact that the topper is already split into two separate sculpts with hollowed out bottoms should make it easy to hide any wires. I hope to work on the base for it this week.

IMG_20220403_201253029~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20220403_201253029~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20220403_201449481 (resized).jpgIMG_20220403_201449481 (resized).jpgIMG_20220403_202325853 (resized).jpgIMG_20220403_202325853 (resized).jpgIMG_20220404_013716099 (resized).jpgIMG_20220404_013716099 (resized).jpg
#1259 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I had the chance over the weekend to play with some lighting concepts for my topper. There's a lot of ways to skin this cat. The basic premise though is three lines in, the whites in the bases will be controlled by the white GI, a red LED strip under King ghidorah's wings controled by the red GI and a couple of UV star post lights tied into the spinner to illuminate the dorsal spines. The fact that the topper is already split into two separate sculpts with hollowed out bottoms should make it easy to hide any wires. I hope to work on the base for it this week.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

definitely interested to see how you're tapping in to the different lighting effects

#1260 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

definitely interested to see how you're tapping in to the different lighting effects

Should be pretty simple, the plans are to use comets quick connect, one in a white GI socket one in a red GI socket. I have diddy's Tesla Tower mod ready to go in, just have to put a splitter on that to tap into the UV lights for the dorsal spine on the topper and for the replacement playfield gz. All I need now is a machine.

#1261 2 years ago

These Xilien saucer mods from https://lordofthegameroom.com/?fbclid=IwAR3332DfYPnCjpm_sFnBW7hYZxO5YgE4IvWmQPIBY1otoBmnKlOAQaXqhPM

Came out amazing!! Added the art blades at the same time. Need to find my ‘68 Godzilla that’s packed away from our move next, along with my Tesla towers.

3BE7CAC0-5163-48C9-A35E-B6411AD1F4DE (resized).jpeg3BE7CAC0-5163-48C9-A35E-B6411AD1F4DE (resized).jpeg6788C519-4ACC-4878-8113-97C6651ECF14 (resized).jpeg6788C519-4ACC-4878-8113-97C6651ECF14 (resized).jpegEE4CAFD4-A193-462D-A051-6E3FBD821C51 (resized).jpegEE4CAFD4-A193-462D-A051-6E3FBD821C51 (resized).jpeg
#1262 2 years ago

I just received the saucer and mecha Godzilla ramp mods from art of pinball and they look nice! Installed the saucer and ramp mods. Question on the ramp mod - there are spacers and a metal plate on the left (larger) side of the ramp. I assume I don’t need the metal piece or spacers anymore given the thickness of the ramp mod and the factory screws barely clear the bottom of the mod? Right side doesn’t have the spacers or the metal bracket

69B854D3-1E34-4A9A-A17D-05C0FB42A9C6 (resized).jpeg69B854D3-1E34-4A9A-A17D-05C0FB42A9C6 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1263 2 years ago

Wow, lots of cool mods. I hope Stern is watching. They could have done more.

#1264 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Very cool. I was thinking of getting that gamestop king ghidorah and some buildings. Then I thought by the time I was done getting all the pieces it would be the same amount of money is whatever Stern is gonna release. I'm going to take the wait and see approach

#1265 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Wow, lots of cool mods. I hope Stern is watching. They could have done more.

Stern don’t give a rats arse!

#1266 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Oh yeah, forgot about the photos of that. So in game, hard to tell by photo the difference. Missing that in-person "3d" depth perspective. Heres two photos outside the game, and two within. Mostly you can tell the difference in the "select city" insert on how much it increases.

Are these fine looking UFOs getting close to shipping

#1267 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Are these fine looking UFOs getting close to shipping

in batches =)

Actually painting right now. Some going out tomorrow, more Saturday. Trying to get out 10 per trip, 2 trips per week. Msg'ing folks when theirs is pretty much up for painting in the group.

2022-04-05 13.02.19 (resized).jpg2022-04-05 13.02.19 (resized).jpg
#1268 2 years ago

Stern Side Art vs. Mirror Blades. Thoughts for a GZ Prem?

#1269 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

in batches =)
Actually painting right now. Some going out tomorrow, more Saturday. Trying to get out 10 per trip, 2 trips per week. Msg'ing folks when theirs is pretty much up for painting in the group.
[quoted image]

Don't forget me

#1270 2 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

Stern Side Art vs. Mirror Blades. Thoughts for a GZ Prem?

Mirrors, mirrors, mirrors! Brightens up the game, makes the playfield seem infinite. I have a set I will be installing in my gz premium on day two after it arrives.

#1271 2 years ago

Awesome to see them making their way to machines.. more importantly, how is your pooch doing?

Quoted from Sleal16:

in batches =)
[quoted image]

#1272 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Don't forget me

Nope, havent forgotten =) msging folks as these groups are being painted

Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

Awesome to see them making their way to machines.. more importantly, how is your pooch doing?

Just got his follow-up this morning. Seems this second "adjustment" has gone well enough. Needs a little rehab now over the next month or so, but at least he can enjoy a little more freedom outside his pen. He's back to laying down by our front door to make sure I dont leave without him knowing.

2022-04-05 19.23.31 (resized).jpg2022-04-05 19.23.31 (resized).jpg
#1273 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Mirrors, mirrors, mirrors! Brightens up the game, makes the playfield seem infinite. I have a set I will be installing in my gz premium on day two after it arrives.

Haven't had the need to buy mirror blades in years. Who's the best source these days for these? Have to put them on my GZ

#1274 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Haven't had the need to buy mirror blades in years. Who's the best source these days for these? Have to put them on my GZ

I was going to use:

https://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html
or
https://cointaker.com/products/stern-mirror-blades

#1275 2 years ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

I just received the saucer and mecha Godzilla ramp mods from art of pinball and they look nice! Installed the saucer and ramp mods. Question on the ramp mod - there are spacers and a metal plate on the left (larger) side of the ramp. I assume I don’t need the metal piece or spacers anymore given the thickness of the ramp mod and the factory screws barely clear the bottom of the mod? Right side doesn’t have the spacers or the metal bracket
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm pretty sure that metal plate needs to be part of the installation. Notice the curved end with an enlarged slot for the screw. This end goes at the top of the ramp and allows adjustment to kick the ball to the right and direct it toward the magnet in MGZ's belly.

#1276 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

cointaker has great ones and very good packaging

#1277 2 years ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

From Lior in another thread:

Quoted from liorillusion:

Yes you need to remove the metal piece on the bottom.
just the sculpt stay on the game

#1278 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I went with tilt graphics. Well packaged and quick delivery, my second set from them.

#1279 2 years ago

This just arrived, blue atomic breath for the NECA figure. I found it on eBay for $11 delivered. It's in two pieces, so the splash effect of the the base is optional. It's translucent so it should light up pretty good. The attachment point in the mouth is a little larger than the original but simple enough to adjust to fit.

IMG_20220406_124626956 (resized).jpgIMG_20220406_124626956 (resized).jpgIMG_20220406_124707627 (resized).jpgIMG_20220406_124707627 (resized).jpg
#1280 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

This just arrived, blue atomic breath for the NECA figure. I found it on eBay for $11 delivered. It's in two pieces, so the splash effect of the the base is optional. It's translucent so it should light up pretty good. The attachment point in the mouth is a little larger than the original but simple enough to adjust to fit.

got a link? i found other atomic blue breath, but it only came in a 4 pack, and didn't look nearly that good

#1281 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

got a link? i found other atomic blue breath, but it only came in a 4 pack, and didn't look nearly that good

ebay.com link: usr

Click on ,"see all"and scroll to find item. Took about 2 weeks for delivery.

#1282 2 years ago

Mail came today, thank you for everyone that voted for us.... I really appreciate it

20220406_142646 (resized).jpg20220406_142646 (resized).jpg
#1283 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

ebay.com link: usr
Click on ,"see all"and scroll to find item. Took about 2 weeks for delivery.

thank you kindly

#1284 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Mail came today, thank you for everyone that voted for us.... I really appreciate it
[quoted image]

Best Mod on my Premium 'zilla game.

#1285 2 years ago

How tall can fit a neka godzilla

Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image]

Congratulations on your award. Excellent world under glass looking mod.

Do you still have me locked in for a Tesla tower kit & bamboo fighter plane?

Hen House Mod looks cool.

#1286 2 years ago

Painted the roof mod I picked up at the Texas show. Base was black, I like the gray base better.

30498250-BE6D-4F9E-B368-CD9F6633B8D2 (resized).jpeg30498250-BE6D-4F9E-B368-CD9F6633B8D2 (resized).jpeg
#1287 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Cool, can you take a picture when installed ?

#1288 2 years ago

If a TV mod that actually plays video was ever to be made for a pinball Machine then Godzilla is the one. Have one in my Twilight Zone, Avatar and Elvis machines. Somebody out there has got to make this mod!! They will make a mint!!

#1289 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Cool, can you take a picture when installed ?

Oh, not to worry, there will be pictures. I'm still a few weeks out at the earliest before I have the machine in house though.

#1290 2 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Painted the roof mod I picked up at the Texas show. Base was black, I like the gray base better.[quoted image]

Do you recall who makes this mod? I couldn’t find any roof pictures that looked like this in the mod thread image bank…

#1291 2 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Do you recall who makes this mod? I couldn’t find any roof pictures that looked like this in the mod thread image bank…

Lord of the Gameroom

#1292 2 years ago
Quoted from Led-Zep-Pin:

If a TV mod that actually plays video was ever to be made for a pinball Machine then Godzilla is the one. Have one in my Twilight Zone, Avatar and Elvis machines. Somebody out there has got to make this mod!! They will make a mint!!

http://sparkypinball.com

#1293 2 years ago
Quoted from Led-Zep-Pin:

there was one made for EHOH, as well (it mounted in the apron). you may want to check that owners' thread

#1294 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

The Godzilla that ChipScott has can be bought here:
NECA Godzilla: Mothra vs Godzilla 1964 Godzilla Action Figure, Multi-Colored, 7" (302192) amazon.com link »
Fits perfect in there no modification or cutting necessary. It's just the right size.
Looks exactly like the Godzilla in the video clips in the game. Should have been in there from the factory.

Are we sure this one fits? I thought it had to be under 6.2" or something?

#1295 2 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

Are we sure this one fits? I thought it had to be under 6.2" or something?

Think the max max is around 6.75 with glass just over his head. There was a photo on one of the Amazon reviews with a ruler and kinda just barely about that size. If chipscott used it already then should be good

#1296 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

there was one made for EHOH, as well (it mounted in the apron). you may want to check that owners' thread

DOCQUEST PINBALL MODS Done the elvira house of horrors

#1297 2 years ago

Quick draft print/paint (will do the eyes/ears later). I know theres a good amount of options for Pro games on the mecha toy, but wanted to provide something scaled at the largest possible size that would fit.

Since I've been preoccupied with saucers, this one might have taken since January to get it wrapped up (restarted a couple of times and ended up getting some modeling assists). This one might be 1/4" too big, so will shrink it just a tad more, but not much. I've put the 8" Bandai 1983 version next to it for reference.

One more adjustment, then a slight rescale. Also the Pro mecha spinner plastic upgrade should be on its printed draft soon.

2022-04-07 17.10.55 (resized).jpg2022-04-07 17.10.55 (resized).jpg2022-04-07 17.10.45 (resized).jpg2022-04-07 17.10.45 (resized).jpg
#1298 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Lighting bottom up through that “splash” may just be the ticket…nice find!

#1299 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Quick draft print/paint (will do the eyes/ears later). I know theres a good amount of options for Pro games on the mecha toy, but wanted to provide something scaled at the largest possible size that would fit.
Since I've been preoccupied with saucers, this one might have taken since January to get it wrapped up (restarted a couple of times and ended up getting some modeling assists). This one might be 1/4" too big, so will shrink it just a tad more, but not much. I've put the 8" Bandai 1983 version next to it for reference.
One more adjustment, then a slight rescale. Also the Pro mecha spinner plastic upgrade should be on its printed draft soon.

Oh I like it! Don't have a mecha or Godzilla figurine in the game yet, haven't really seen much that interests me. This one does.

#1300 2 years ago

OD parts are being cast. Chrome next

41014 (resized).jpeg41014 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 5,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 105.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/26?hl=cldgin2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.