IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg
There are 5,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 105.
#1101 2 years ago

Man; Now I want a stern official door magnet that completes Jeremy’s art on the cabinet, rather than some other random image.

#1102 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Man; Now I want a stern official door magnet that completes Jeremy’s art on the cabinet, rather than some other random image.

Well, it's not really random. It's still Jeremy's artwork.....he's just not getting paid for it.

#1103 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Well, it's not really random. It's still Jeremy's artwork.....he's just not getting paid for it.

That's super shitty; but also - I was meaning that I'd like it to cohesively complete the front of the cabinet, rather than be a new image set into a border of an existing image around the coin door. Maybe these pirates could make a version like that; oh wait, they can't because that art isn't out there to steal?

#1104 2 years ago

Seconded.

Quoted from epthegeek:

#1105 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Pretty sure that coin door and lockbar mod is using Zombie Yeti artwork stuck on a generic building background.

#1106 2 years ago
Quoted from mrsnowball:

If anyone is looking for the Neca 1956 poster Godzilla, I found a seller online that is very reasonably priced. Ordered and received. Now just waiting for my GZ Premium.
https://tf2sshop.com/products/5138?variant=36228486201500
[quoted image]

If I were you guys I would look a little longer.
I got mine 4 months ago for 30.00
It wasn’t brand new but it was from a collector who also sent me the box. Your going to open it anyway, maybe try to find a loose one for less.
Maybe I got lucky.

Quoted from FNwoz:

I need to order one for my Pro. Never heard of them but if it is legit that is a great price.

#1107 2 years ago

I think I have a really good shooter mod idea…. Need the Godzilla ball from Invasion of the Astro Monster… put that on a rod… now just to find one…

8FA189B5-C84D-46B2-85D0-3869F6BBD480 (resized).jpeg8FA189B5-C84D-46B2-85D0-3869F6BBD480 (resized).jpeg
#1108 2 years ago

I might be weird but I love the stock shooter end. I find you can get your fingers behind it for a soft flick, just seems more consistent plunge after plunge. I can never get any consistency with friends' machines, especially the ones with wacky shooters like Aerosmith for example! (which has an especially narrow margin for the skill shot!)

#1109 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

I might be weird but I love the stock shooter end. I find you can get your fingers behind it for a soft flick, just seems more consistent plunge after plunge. I can never get any consistency with friends' machines, especially the ones with wacky shooters like Aerosmith for example! (which has an especially narrow margin for the skill shot!)

If you like that contour, but want an accent, you might like some of the options from Super Skill Shot Shooters, cheers...

20220314_203433 (resized).jpg20220314_203433 (resized).jpg

#1110 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

If you like that contour, but want an accent, you might like some of the options from Super Skill Shot Shooters, cheers...
[quoted image]

What’s up with your shooter housing? Looks like it’s got some sort of hand cut acrylic block on it? Never seen that before.

#1111 2 years ago
Quoted from dfester007:

I think I have a really good shooter mod idea…. Need the Godzilla ball from Invasion of the Astro Monster… put that on a rod… now just to find one…
[quoted image]

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-knobless-shooter-rod.html

#1112 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

What’s up with your shooter housing? Looks like it’s got some sort of hand cut acrylic block on it? Never seen that before.

Cheers, it's a blue LED shooter rod plate from Lighted Pinball Mods... (The machine wasn't turned on for the photo).

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/03415-blue-lighted-shooter-rod-plate-cover-stern-sam-whitestar

#1113 2 years ago

I have a phD in electronics checking out the best and easiest ways to connect the mod. I know there is always concern about blowing node boards. But I want this mod to light in conjunction with the insert as effectively as possible with the easiest hook up. So far I have tried 2 different methods.

39552 (resized).jpeg39552 (resized).jpeg
#1114 2 years ago

Love this topper and the price is right. I might light it up. Looks like my Godzilla is going the wrong direction based on the previous posts but who cares it still works and looks great!! Thanks Sparky

5BEFCCCB-F7CC-4D8E-97B3-FF9EC64A6C2A (resized).jpeg5BEFCCCB-F7CC-4D8E-97B3-FF9EC64A6C2A (resized).jpeg
#1115 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Love this topper and the price is right. I might light it up. Looks like my Godzilla is going the wrong direction based on the previous posts but who cares it still works and looks great!! Thanks Sparky
[quoted image]

Hmm. Nice to see it's reversible, I guess. The mounting angle of the bottoms should have all been bent the same way. This one must have been reversed by accident. Glad you're happy with it.

They do look great lit up!

#1116 2 years ago

Just received my oxygen destroyer mod from Lermods. :applause:Pretty damn impressive, keep up the great work. Now, if only I had a machine to install it into.Soon, fingers crossed.

#1117 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Just received my oxygen destroyer mod from Lermods. :applause:Pretty damn impressive, keep up the great work. Now, if only I had a machine to install it into.Soon, fingers crossed.

I have a machine, send it here and I'll put it to use

#1118 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I have a machine, send it here and I'll put it to use

Better yet, send me your machine. Hell I'll even pay the shipping.

#1119 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

thanks very much! We hope to have more very soon. We have been running short of a lot our mods and it's been a struggle to keep up, only so many hours in the day and we are working most of them.

#1120 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Better yet, send me your machine. Hell I'll even pay the shipping.

That's crazy talk

#1121 2 years ago

My OD mod arrived late last night and I installed it today. Exceeds expectations! This mod is perfect in appearance and function. Installation is is straightforward and clean. Just follow the instructions - I advise removing the plastics as recommended in the instructions to make it easier to zip tie the wires in place.

Because I had previously added the green glowing plastics underneath, the mounting screw was just a little short. All I had to do was trim the grey post cover by a quarter inch and the OD mounting screw did the job!

This is a great mod. The green LEDs create an eerie effect. Highly recommended.

#1122 2 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

My OD mod arrived late last night and I installed it today. Exceeds expectations! This mod is perfect in appearance and function. Installation is is straightforward and clean. Just follow the instructions - I advise removing the plastics as recommended in the instructions to make it easier to zip tie the wires in place.
Because I had previously added the green glowing plastics underneath, the mounting screw was just a little short. All I had to do was trim the grey post cover by a quarter inch and the OD mounting screw did the job!
This is a great mod. The green LEDs create an eerie effect. Highly recommended.

Thanks and glad to hear! There should have been a longer screw included in the package to account for plastic protectors. We started including them after the first batch.

#1123 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks and glad to hear! There should have been a longer screw included in the package to account for plastic protectors. We started including them after the first batch.

It was in there but it was too long. It threads into a sleeve that has a bottom, like a coffee cup. So I was unable to thread the extra length straight through. thanks for a great mod - love it.

#1124 2 years ago

It was in there but it was too long. It threads into a sleeve that has a bottom, like a coffee cup. So I was unable to thread the extra length straight through. thanks for a great mod - love it.

I also found the included screw too long. I installed mine tonight. Then had to uninstall it due to the top led not working.
I emailed lermods on how to proceed.

#1125 2 years ago

Quoted from Pinzzz:

I also found the included screw too long. I installed mine tonight. Then had to uninstall it due to the top led not working.
I emailed lermods on how to proceed.

How long does the screw need to be? I don’t have plastic protectors on my game and the stock screw works.

We will get your OD taken care of.

#1126 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

How long does the screw need to be? I don’t have plastic protectors on my game and the stock screw works.

1/8” longer than the stock one. They might not even make a screw that size?

I used two 1/4” plastic spacers from pinball life I had on hand to replace the stock gray one. that did the trick.

#1127 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks, I agree with Pinzz - a screw that is longer by the thickness of the plastic protector would be perfect. Thanks for a great mod!

#1128 2 years ago

I think you guys mean bolt .
A bolt is a non-tapered fastener that uses a washer and nut to hold objects together. A screw is a tapered fastener that mates with an existing thread or creates its own thread in a material as it turns.

#1129 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

A bolt is a non-tapered fastener that uses a washer and nut to hold objects together. A screw is a tapered fastener that mates with an existing thread or creates its own thread in a material as it turns.

That's the best definition of both I have ever read.

#1130 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Machine screws aren’t tapered

#1131 2 years ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Machine screws aren’t tapered

No shit Sherlock ! they are bolts with slowed head !

#1132 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

No shit Sherlock ! they are bolts with slowed head !

Haha ok fair enough…

#1133 2 years ago

Thanks, I agree with Pinzz - a screw that is longer by the thickness of the plastic protector would be perfect. Thanks for a great mod!

I’m going to provide a 1.5” “Bolt”. If that doesn’t work, I think people will need to take a measurement and head on down to the local hardware store to get the right size they need. I don’t have plastic protectors so I can’t get the exact size. If someone wants to send me the exact size bolt that’s needed, that would be helpful too.

#1134 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

No shit Sherlock ! they are bolts with sloted head !

#1135 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’m going to provide a 1.5” “Bolt”. If that doesn’t work, I think people will need to take a measurement and head on down to the local hardware store to get the right size they need. I don’t have plastic protectors so I can’t get the exact size. If someone wants to send me the exact size bolt that’s needed, that would be helpful too.

1-1/8" bolt would be needed with plastic protectors. 1-1/4" bolt would work with a metal washer or two. 1.5" bolt is too long and won't work.

#1136 2 years ago

When installing some convolux to my Godzilla plastics, this metal clip sprung out to the playfield. I think it relates to the plastics in the picture, but where should one install it? I unfortunately did not manage to see, where it fell off and the schematics on the Stern manual does not seem to help in this regard either. Your help would be much appreciated, thanks! [I did not notice any technical help thread relating to Stern GDZ either, so I that's why I am asking this in the main thread)

IMG_2641 (resized).jpgIMG_2641 (resized).jpg
#1137 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

When installing some convolux to my Godzilla plastics, this metal clip sprung out to the playfield. I think it relates to the plastics in the picture, but where should one install it? I unfortunately did not manage to see, where it fell off and the schematics on the Stern manual does not seem to help in this regard either. Your help would be much appreciated, thanks! [I did not notice any technical help thread relating to Stern GDZ either, so I that's why I am asking this in the main thread)
[quoted image]

That goes under the spot light. It keeps the bulb from falling out of the socket.

#1138 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

That goes under the spot light. It keeps the bulb from falling out of the socket.

Huge thanks! Mystery solved!

#1139 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I thought I would post this in case anyone was thinking about ordering Chrome Candy’s bridge plastic metal replacement. This is the best mod I have added to my GZ for two reasons…
1) It’s an aesthetically pleasing solution to the breaking plastic problem
2) While installing, I was able to properly fix the most frustrating problem on my game….LT ramp rattle rejection shots.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1029-chrome-candy/05861-under-the-bridge-plastic-replacement
There are no instructions, so this is how I did it. First remove the c-clamp & washer from here
[quoted image]
Then remove the lock nut from underneath the bridge here.
[quoted image]
The RT half of the bridge will slide off the shafts. Be careful these washers & spacers don’t fall off this screw.
[quoted image]
First remove the plastic. There’s a small black screw & a lock nut holding it in place. When you try to remove the lock nut, the post screwed into the playfield t-nut will likely come out with it. No worries. You can separate them now.
[quoted image]
Use a magnet tool to remove the captive ball
[quoted image]
See this gap between the guide & the big magnet? It shouldn’t be there. 50% of my LR ramp shots would catch the edge of this guide, rattle around, and reject. Well no more! Time it fix this to ensure clean smooth shots to the LT ramp.
[quoted image]
Now some might grab some pliers & start bending metal, but not me. Remove the guide & do it right. So remove these two lock nuts & slide the guide out.
[quoted image]
Now that you gave the guide out, you’ll want to bend it slightly. Right here on the dotted line. Take it to your vice & bend as needed. Then reinstall in place. Don’t overtighten the lock nuts or you’ll strip them.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Problem solved! And the good thing is that the ball will have more room to rock when held by the magnet, giving you more motion to hit the imposter shot behind the upper flipper. And when it stops rocking, it will sit farther to the left, leading to better feeds to the upper flipper for destruction jackpot shots.
[quoted image]
Before you install the metal protector, put the captive ball back in place. Even by bending the guide, there is still plenty of room in there for the ball to move around & hit the switch. And it doesn’t hurt to polish the protector with a little Mothers Mag. Get that thing nice and shiny! Then screw the post screw back into the playfield t-nut, and then secure the metal in place.
[quoted image]
Put the bridge back together & make sure it functions properly. Now the game plays better & there’s no worries or plastics breaking. And now you can see the captive ball too. Great mod! Highly recommended!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Fantastic post

#1140 2 years ago

In anticipation of Godzilla Premiums heading back to the production line, I am firing up the printers and making a batch of 40-50 Godzilla multi-ball SDTM fix roof mods. I currently have about 8 on hand and ready to ship. I try to stay ahead of orders and prefer running batches so no one has to wait. Just wanted to share this with the group in case anyone is having GZ multi-ball SDTM issues on their Prem/le or is picking up a Prem in the next run and would like to order one. For anyone curious to see the difference between the GZ multi-ball drop without and with the mod installed, I have an install video on the shop item page so you can see the difference. I think I have just enough time between prints to update to the new code and check things out. Can’t wait to see what else has been added with the new code drop.

The roof mod and a few other mods can be found in my Pinside shop with the following link:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1368-hurryuppinball

846813E2-7000-4170-8350-DCACF19297F7 (resized).jpeg846813E2-7000-4170-8350-DCACF19297F7 (resized).jpegF043DBA7-B83C-4A13-BFF5-1267966B6050 (resized).jpegF043DBA7-B83C-4A13-BFF5-1267966B6050 (resized).jpeg00B2A563-5236-4238-8082-C09164206253 (resized).jpeg00B2A563-5236-4238-8082-C09164206253 (resized).jpeg5D697414-DF09-47DE-83D4-0D9D2BE2FA66 (resized).jpeg5D697414-DF09-47DE-83D4-0D9D2BE2FA66 (resized).jpeg7D0E3039-A6CF-464B-8395-5523BCC34119 (resized).jpeg7D0E3039-A6CF-464B-8395-5523BCC34119 (resized).jpeg
#1141 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

In anticipation of Godzilla Premiums heading back to the production line, I am firing up the printers and making a batch of 40-50 Godzilla multi-ball SDTM fix roof mods.

I find it interesting you're split between prusa and ender 5. I'm loving my ender 5 machines. I'm only going to consider prusa again when the XL comes out.

#1142 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I find it interesting you're split between prusa and ender 5. I'm loving my ender 5 machines. I'm only going to consider prusa again when the XL comes out.

I started with 3 Ender 5s then moved to the Prusas. I find they excel in different areas and like having the mix of the two depending on what I am printing. Bang for the buck, it is pretty hard to beat the Ender 5. The Prusas do print a bit faster than the Ender on the same settings so I use them for prototyping new mods frequently. The Ender taught me how to work through settings and the basics which helped a lot. I felt like I earned my stripes putting together those Prusas though, took about 6-7 hours each.

08FD05FC-B7AF-450D-93DB-752C8FA33F8A (resized).jpeg08FD05FC-B7AF-450D-93DB-752C8FA33F8A (resized).jpeg
#1143 2 years ago

Solid bronze master parts have arrived, next step, casting in white metal and chrome plating

40721 (resized).jpeg40721 (resized).jpeg40723 (resized).jpeg40723 (resized).jpeg40724 (resized).jpeg40724 (resized).jpeg40726 (resized).jpeg40726 (resized).jpeg40727 (resized).jpeg40727 (resized).jpeg
#1144 2 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Solid bronze master parts have arrived, next step, casting in white metal and chrome plating[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's awesome

#1145 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

That's awesome

I appreciate this coming from a modder. It is refreshing to hear this from you being a fellow pinsider and not an enemy as others have treated me due to this project. I love the mod that I purchased from you and it looks and interacts great. Thank you for the compliment.

#1146 2 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Solid bronze master parts have arrived, next step, casting in white metal and chrome plating[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Looking forward to seeing this one come together!

#1147 2 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

It is refreshing to hear this from you being a fellow pinsider and not an enemy as others have treated me due to this project.

This was disappointing to read, ignore the haters buddy, it’s most likely jealousy due to the quality and craftsmanship your mod has.

#1148 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

This was disappointing to read, ignore the haters buddy, it’s most likely jealousy due to the quality and craftsmanship your mod has.

Sad also that I know exactly who you are talking about. Not a great way to get customers.

#1149 2 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

This is what I have been waiting for, an OD mod that looks to be quality. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

#1150 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Sad also that I know exactly who you are talking about. Not a great way to get customers.

Name and shame I say! Anyone giving someone shit for simply making a better mod than theirs deserves to loose business!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dacula, GA
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 210.00
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 105.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/23?hl=ulekstore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.