20240318_152015 (resized).jpg
20240318_152006 (resized).jpg
20240318_152751 (resized).jpg
20240316_201946 (resized).jpg
20240316_201708 (resized).jpg
IMG_3104 (resized).jpeg
20240303_090153 (resized).jpg
IMG_8413 (resized).jpeg

There are 5,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 105.
#1001 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

not yet. I'll likely be swapping the yellow breath for blue, and likely a flasher there
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good. Are you guys adding a spotlight or LED, or are you using an existing source? i havn't got my pin yet, so i'm unsure exactly what you all are doing to add light to that area/figure. Just trying to get all my mods and ideas ready so i know what to have on hand when it arrives...

#1002 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Looks good. Are you guys adding a spotlight or LED, or are you using an existing source? i havn't got my pin yet, so i'm unsure exactly what you all are doing to add light to that area/figure. Just trying to get all my mods and ideas ready so i know what to have on hand when it arrives...

mine's using the existing lights

#1003 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I added a spotlight.

#1004 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Go team necca. Be sure to post what you end up with, with those lights, trying to figure it out myself. Thought about dremeling in a channel on the back side so the LED strip will sit flush.

Team necca all the way.

#1005 2 years ago

Mechagodzilla says hello. (And waits for a notification of a game being shipped.)

20220303_104101.jpg20220303_104101.jpg
#1006 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

not yet. I'll likely be swapping the yellow breath for blue, and likely a flasher there

How do you plan on changing the yellow breath to blue?

I have the same GZ on mine and just stuck a small yellow LED strip under his yellow breath and link the LED strip to spotlight flasher in front of him (using Comet matrix). It looks pretty good and I'm quite happy. Not as good as the other one posted that has effects and stuff but I'm not that skilled or patient unfortunately.

#1007 2 years ago

So I got to thinking the other day after noticing the NECA figure had UV reactive paint it got me thinking. I added UV reactive blue and white to his dorsal spines, I plan on using a couple UV spots tied into diddy's Tesla strike mod so that they will pulse with the spinner as GZ is charging his heat ray. Still scratching my head as to how to best light the atomic breath.

IMG_20220303_163253150 (resized).jpgIMG_20220303_163253150 (resized).jpgIMG_20220303_163306617 (resized).jpgIMG_20220303_163306617 (resized).jpg
#1008 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

So I got to thinking the other day after noticing the NECA figure had UV reactive paint it got me thinking. I added UV reactive blue and white to his dorsal spines, I plan on using a couple UV spots tied into diddy's Tesla strike mod so that they will pulse with the spinner as GZ is charging his heat ray. Still scratching my head as to how to best light the atomic breath.

would you mind telling which paint you used?

#1009 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

would you mind telling which paint you used?

Not sure off hand but I'll post some information when I'm back in the shop later today.

#1010 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Awesome. Would be neato if the heat ray action button lit up the atomic breath. Love the idea of the spinner “charging” his spines.

#1011 2 years ago

Here's some info and observations about the paints I used to finish off the neca Godzilla poster art edition. Turns out I picked up that paint about a year ago off of Amazon.(Amazon product SKU in pic) It works like it says it's supposed to,just have to be sure to put down a bright white base coat for best effect. I only used the UV reactive paint for the edges of his spines. The other UV enhancements you can see in the picture are from the original factory paint job. I gray primed the red spines prior to painting, would have done it in a white enamel had I known I was going with the UV later. For the rest of the sculpt I used Vallejo's model colors. Oh yeah, I also used a random mix of testors enamels for the claws, teeth and tongue,coated with a gloss top coat for extra shine.Overall I really like the way the piece has two different looks color wise, depending on the light. I'm anxious to see what it looks like in a machine, still waiting on my premium.
The light source I used for the photos is a UV curing lamp that I keep at my shop. I noticed that it will need to be lit from both sides directed at the spine for the best effect. I'm sure this light is more intense than the ones I plan on using in the machine, will be bringing it home to test this evening.

IMG_20220304_103746316 (resized).jpgIMG_20220304_103746316 (resized).jpgIMG_20220304_103940365 (resized).jpgIMG_20220304_103940365 (resized).jpgIMG_20220304_103842723 (resized).jpgIMG_20220304_103842723 (resized).jpgIMG_20220304_112406206 (resized).jpgIMG_20220304_112406206 (resized).jpgIMG_20220304_111053925 (resized).jpgIMG_20220304_111053925 (resized).jpg

IMG_20220304_103441227 (resized).jpgIMG_20220304_103441227 (resized).jpg
#1012 2 years ago

I did blue

20220223_170017 (resized).jpg20220223_170017 (resized).jpg
#1013 2 years ago
Quoted from skooter710:

I did blue
[quoted image]

Did you paint the yellow vomit blue or are you getting that effect via lighting? I've got my replacement Godzilla in but haven't put the yellow vomit in his mouth because I want it to be blue

#1014 2 years ago

So I had a chance last night to test the UV paint effect with some of the actual UV lights that I may be using in the machine when it arrives. I tried a 20 LED strip and a 4 LED star post light from comet as well as a 5 LED cluster I picked up from Titan. They all work to light the spines but surprisingly the clusters put out more intense light then the strip from comet.with the Titan lamp just a tad brighter than the star post light from comet. Good to know as this gives me a few more mounting options when the machine finally does arrive. Like so many others here, I am patiently awaiting the arrival of my machine. I spoke to my distributor recently and he has assured me, it will be here when it gets here.

#1015 2 years ago

It is Saturday night, I just checked lermods.com and the Oxygen Destroyer is now in stock! I ordered mine and got the order confirmation in a few moments. If you have been waiting, now is the time to order.

#1016 2 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

It is Saturday night, I just checked lermods.com and the Oxygen Destroyer is now in stock! I ordered mine and got the order confirmation in a few moments. If you have been waiting, now is the time to order.

Good looking out. Snagged one.

#1017 2 years ago

Thanks for the heads up! Just got one.

#1018 2 years ago

Yeah, we had a batch of 16 posted last night. I had intended to post this morning that they were available, but now they are gone. More will be coming. I apologize for not taking a list, but with everything else going on, I can’t really manage one.

#1019 2 years ago

Looking at using pewter to make these. That is the 1st prototype

39561 (resized).jpeg39561 (resized).jpeg

Gauging interest on this. It is becoming more refined as we go

#1020 2 years ago

It looks really nice. Just thinking it looks really big next to the saucer.

#1021 2 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Looking at using pewter to make these. That is the 1st prototype
[quoted image]
Gauging interest on this. It is becoming more refined as we go

I personally have a big problem when anything blocks the top of the outlanes on a pinball machine. I know other have said that this doesn't, but even so it is REALLY close to blocking and probably would if you shifted your head an inch or two to the right. I am getting flashbacks to Alien, which has those horrible opaque plastic ramp returns above each inlane/outlane.

Is there any way you could mount this to the right of the outlane, above the shooter lane? It would still be positioned in the general area of the Oxygen Destroyer rollover and could activate appropriately. I realize that this would give you less mounting options and may make cabling a bit more difficult.

Hope this is taken as constructive criticism - which is how it was intended. The overall design of the OD itself is really cool!

#1022 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I personally have a big problem when anything blocks the top of the outlanes on a pinball machine. I know other have said that this doesn't, but even so it is REALLY close to blocking and probably would if you shifted your head an inch or two to the right. I am getting flashbacks to Alien, which has those horrible opaque plastic ramp returns above each inlane/outlane.
Is there any way you could mount this to the right of the outlane, above the shooter lane? It would still be positioned in the general area of the Oxygen Destroyer rollover and could activate appropriately. I realize that this would give you less mounting options and may make cabling a bit more difficult.
Hope this is taken as constructive criticism - which is how it was intended. The overall design of the OD itself is really cool!

this is a different OD mod than lermod's, which sits lower, and does not cover the entry to the outlane in any way.

#1023 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

this is a different OD mod than lermod's, which sits lower, and does not cover the entry to the outlane in any way.

Ah sorry - didn't realize there were two....

#1024 2 years ago

So probably been asked, but didn't find via search... there are cosmetic mods which we all love and there are mods that protect the machine from damage and wear... what are the must have damage and wear mods that people have proven out?

D

#1025 2 years ago
Quoted from dfester007:

So probably been asked, but didn't find via search... there are cosmetic mods which we all love and there are mods that protect the machine from damage and wear... what are the must have damage and wear mods that people have proven out?
D

Cliffy's protectors

#1026 2 years ago

Ah sorry - didn't realize there were two....

Here is another view just so you can see it better anyway. Once it is molded in pewter the whole thing won't glow as in the previous pic either. Hope this helps.

20220307_163719 (resized).jpg20220307_163719 (resized).jpg

#1027 2 years ago

The od will be chrome unless grey is wanted.

#1028 2 years ago

Does everyone else’s 1956 Godzilla have a dislocated jaw? His bottom jaw definitely hangs to the left.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Edit: or to his right.

#1029 2 years ago

Also he have people attached the atomic breath. It seems a bit long and does not stay in there.

Do people trim? Use double sided tape or glue?

Lastly without breath, Godzilla has his head up and glares straight ahead. With breath you need to angle him down so he is less confrontational.

Even though I love the idea of the atomic breath and modding it to light up, I’m hesitant to do so if it sacrifices how good the Godzilla figure looks.

What did other people with this figure do. Add the breath and have him look down or ditch the breath?

First photo shows him upright with breath, breath sits in bridge. 2nd shows him without flame looking up. 3rd shows breath out of the way but forces him to look down. Breath is still too long here would need to be trimmed. I have Godzilla using the foot screw holes as detailed by others before.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1030 2 years ago

I ditched the breath. Looks like projectile vomit imo

#1031 2 years ago

But without the breath he just looks… Happy! lol

#1032 2 years ago

I just threw a little paint at this piece last week and I just love it, great sculpt. I hate the orange breath, I get that you can throw a bunch of blue light at it but at the end of the day,it's orange. I'm still scratching my head for the best way to light this up. For the rear, I'm going to use a couple UV clusters tied into the Tesla strike spinner so that his spine will flicker as his heat ray is charging.

IMG_20220304_103723298 (resized).jpgIMG_20220304_103723298 (resized).jpg noIMG_20220304_103614554 (resized).jpgIMG_20220304_103614554 (resized).jpgIMG_20220304_103746316 (resized).jpgIMG_20220304_103746316 (resized).jpgIMG_20220304_103441227 (resized).jpgIMG_20220304_103441227 (resized).jpg

#1033 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

If I may ask, who’s OD mod is it?

#1034 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I just threw a little paint at this piece last week and I just love it, great sculpt. I hate the orange breath, I get that you can throw a bunch of blue light at it but at the end of the day,it's orange. I'm still scratching my head for the best way to light this up. For the rear, I'm going to use a couple UV clusters tied into the Tesla strike spinner so that his spine will flicker as his heat ray is charging.
[quoted image] no[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

And your jaw isn’t crooked like mine. Bugger!

#1035 2 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

And your jaw isn’t crooked like mine. Bugger!

It's funny you say that, mine looked the same way before I painted the rest of his teeth.

#1036 2 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Also he have people attached the atomic breath. It seems a bit long and does not stay in there.
Lastly without breath, Godzilla has his head up and glares straight ahead. With breath you need to angle him down so he is less confrontational.
Even though I love the idea of the atomic breath and modding it to light up, I’m hesitant to do so if it sacrifices how good the Godzilla figure looks.
What did other people with this figure do. Add the breath and have him look down or ditch the breath?
First photo shows him upright with breath, breath sits in bridge. 2nd shows him without flame looking up. 3rd shows breath out of the way but forces him to look down. Breath is still too long here would need to be trimmed. I have Godzilla using the foot screw holes as detailed by others before.

I used a drop of glue to the end of the atomic breath to keep it in his mouth. I also don't have any issues with the length as it sits with plenty of room behind the bridge. Can you move your GZ back further?
I stuck a small yellow LED strip on the underside of the breath and connected this to the flasher that faces GZ (behind the bridge). The breath flashes yellow like fire and not blue like it probably should be but I still think it looks good.

#1037 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

I used a drop of glue to the end of the atomic breath to keep it in his mouth. I also don't have any issues with the length as it sits with plenty of room behind the bridge. Can you move your GZ back further?
I stuck a small yellow LED strip on the underside of the breath and connected this to the flasher that faces GZ (behind the bridge). The breath flashes yellow like fire and not blue like it probably should be but I still think it looks good.

Thanks. I was thinking that moving him back was the solution. Will keep him for now without breath, but if I change my mind you’ve helped me out on how to resolve. Thanks again!

#1038 2 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I didn’t love the angle on the atomic breath either so I was thinking about it how to make it interactive - I came across those car projector things which show a logo under your vehicle. I’m thinking about having one made with the breath graphic and projecting it underneath a thin piece of acrylic going from the mouth to the ground. I think this would make it more interactive and solve the issue with the positioning. Maybe! I don’t get my game until March but putting a prototype together in the meantime should be pretty easy

#1039 2 years ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

this is Strummy's...i like the way he's got his lights, and the finish on the OD, but it sits up from the entrance to the outlane, rather than down:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/21#post-6816640

this is lermod's..its finish is rougher, but that actually matches closer to the original movies. the leds are also only on 1 side of the OD. It sits directly over the outlane, but does not cover the entrance to it in any way (angle of pictures can make that hard to see:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1040 2 years ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

Quoted from Muymanwell:

this is Strummy's...i like the way he's got his lights, and the finish on the OD, but it sits up from the entrance to the outlane, rather than down:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/21#post-6816640
this is lermod's..its finish is rougher, but that actually matches closer to the original movies. the leds are also only on 1 side of the OD. It sits directly over the outlane, but does not cover the entrance to it in any way (angle of pictures can make that hard to see:[quoted image]

My friend Jason did the comp and molding part of this. He did special effects in Hollywood and is an incredible sculptor. I've always respected the fact that he lives on his God-given talent. I am doing the lighting and came up with the mounting.

After talking to him last night we decided that the mod will be chromed pewter or a dull pewter grey if chroming is not desired. The gague will be added shortly. It will probably be about a month befeore I show the chromed version.

Here are a few things that he sculpted from clay then molded and cast.
20220308_091434 (resized).jpg20220308_091434 (resized).jpg

#1041 2 years ago

Just got some of my building mods from Mezel Mods. Can't wait to install them!

#1042 2 years ago

Much thanks to the Pinsider interest and Modder's who have offered their insight in this OD project.

#1043 2 years ago

Chris at Cointaker never disappoints with his attention to detail on backbox kits.

20220308_181406(0) (resized).jpg20220308_181406(0) (resized).jpg
#1044 2 years ago

This will fit....right?

20220308_201932.jpg20220308_201932.jpg
#1045 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

This will fit....right?
[quoted image]

appears to be under 6", so...yes?

#1046 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

appears to be under 6", so...yes?

Almost 6" exactly. About 7" long though heh.

#1047 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I didn’t love the angle on the atomic breath either so I was thinking about it how to make it interactive - I came across those car projector things which show a logo under your vehicle. I’m thinking about having one made with the breath graphic and projecting it underneath a thin piece of acrylic going from the mouth to the ground. I think this would make it more interactive and solve the issue with the positioning. Maybe! I don’t get my game until March but putting a prototype together in the meantime should be pretty easy

That’s much better than my idea!

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#1048 2 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Chris at Cointaker never disappoints with his attention to detail on backbox kits.
[quoted image]

What’s it look like with translite in?

#1049 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

What’s it look like with translite in?

There are a whole buch of modes. Pics don't do it justice.

20220309_170728 (resized).jpg20220309_170728 (resized).jpg
#1050 2 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

There are a whole buch of modes. Pics don't do it justice.
[quoted image]

Totally agree with Strummy whom I believe was the one who recommended Cointaker's backbox lighting to me. Here's some video of the deluxe at startup:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop
Pinball Machine
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 300.00
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
There are 5,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 105.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/21?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.