IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg
There are 5,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 105.
#601 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:I ordered your ufo through Little Shop of Games, when do you think it will ship? Last mod I ordered, for now anyway. Can’t wait to get it. Happy New Year.

Bally, the Art of Pinball Godzilla UFO I believe is a pre-order for Feb/March shipping. I don't know about the estimate for their MechaG shield, but it's possible thats around then as well...

#602 2 years ago

Suggestion for all those offering mods for sale: make a video showing the installation step by step. Pictures don’t always show everything, and a written description isn’t always clear.

I will be getting my Pro on Monday. I am a newbie with no modding experience. There are several cool mods I want to do, but I’m afraid of anything involving wiring.

Diddy does a good job with his YouTube videos. My only complaint is on his bridge mod. He shows everything in detail until it’s time to connect to the pigtail. But the pigtail is already installed. Nothing about how to install it! When I order his bridge mod I’m sure he will help me with that. He seems like a standup guy.

I’ve seen written instructions from several modders. Many will either be unclear on a step or two, or assume the buyer already knows how to do something. Don’t! The instructions should be written/shown so that even the most ignorant newbie can clearly follow them! We want to learn, too!

Thanks for listening.

#603 2 years ago
Quoted from rdawsoniii:

Suggestion for all those offering mods for sale: make a video showing the installation step by step. Pictures don’t always show everything, and a written description isn’t always clear.

For clarity, I'm not a fan of photos for instructions. It's why I use illustrations exclusively and don't use photos. I test the instructions with advance testers before they go out, but if I find that users are getting hung up on a certain step even after release, I modify the instructions with more text or additional illustrations to clarify that step. Below is one panel from one of the kits I sell that was revised based on feedback to make it more clear.

Step-4-revised-sml (resized).jpgStep-4-revised-sml (resized).jpg

It costs more to illustrate instructions, so I don't do it for easy things like the insert color brackets that are basically a few screws and snap it in. But more complicated kits from me always have illustrated instructions.

Enjoy your Godzilla! It's an awesome machine.

#604 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

For clarity, I'm not a fan of photos for instructions. It's why I use illustrations exclusively and don't use photos. I test the instructions with advance testers before they go out, but if I find that users are getting hung up on a certain step even after release, I modify the instructions with more text or additional illustrations to clarify that step. Below is one panel from one of the kits I sell that was revised based on feedback to make it more clear.
[quoted image]
It costs more to illustrate instructions, so I don't do it for easy things like the insert color brackets that are basically a few screws and snap it in. But more complicated kits from me always have illustrated instructions.
Enjoy your Godzilla! It's an awesome machine.

Even I can follow that! Nice!

#605 2 years ago

Keep the mods coming.

#606 2 years ago

It kind of bothered me that the plastics around the Mechanogodzilla were printed to look like metal but weren't actually metal. I laser cut a few pieces stainless steel pieces and I like the look of this better. It is the type of thing I could make (maybe even a slightly better version now that I have done it once) if there was interest. Would probably need to sell it for about $30 a set.

IMG_2140 (resized).jpegIMG_2140 (resized).jpeg
#607 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

It kind of bothered me that the plastics around the Mechanogodzilla were printed to look like metal but weren't actually metal. I laser cut a few pieces stainless steel pieces and I like the look of this better. It is the type of thing I could make (maybe even a slightly better version now that I have done it once) if there was interest. Would probably need to sell it for about $30 a set.
[quoted image]

I'd totally be into a set! Your creation is just like the Flamin' Frames mod - now that I have seen it I can't unsee it when looking at my machine!

#608 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

[quoted image]

If shipping to France is possible, i'm in too !

#609 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

[quoted image]

Wow that looks great, super simple but massively effective, I like this a lot more than Liors, he’s getting a run for his money with Godzilla mods, saucer is better than his and now this is better than his, Godzilla has brought out the best in a lot of creative people.

#610 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

[quoted image]

Any more pictures of the individual pieces before assembly? I'm interested.

#611 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

[quoted image]

I rarely do cosmetic mods on my pins, but this is so simple and so effective that I would have to break my rule. For $30 I’d definitely be in.

Question: Any chance for a ball trap in the cutouts? Probably unlikely and I bet a simple nudge would get it out if it happened.

#612 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I'd totally be into a set! Your creation is just like the Flamin' Frames mod - now that I have seen it I can't unsee it when looking at my machine!

Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I rarely do cosmetic mods on my pins, but this is so simple and so effective that I would have to break my rule. For $30 I’d definitely be in.
Question: Any chance for a ball trap in the cutouts? Probably unlikely and I bet a simple nudge would get it out if it happened.

Quoted from J85M:

Wow that looks great, super simple but massively effective, I like this a lot more than Liors, he’s getting a run for his money with Godzilla mods, saucer is better than his and now this is better than his, Godzilla has brought out the best in a lot of creative people.

Thanks. Have had a lot of interest via PM also, will definitely be doing a run of these.

Quoted from BlackFlag:

If shipping to France is possible, i'm in too !

Shipping internationally has historically been difficult and expensive. However, I think I can put it together so it can be shipped very inexpensively as a standard first class envelope. Right now I have it very close to 1 oz, but in the final version I plan to remove a little more metal to make it feasible to send as a "letter". Most of this will be done but adding triangular holes to the lower plate also.

Quoted from PinBall-Newbie:

Any more pictures of the individual pieces before assembly? I'm interested.

These are just replacements for the 3 plastics on the existing turn table/spinner. There are two small ones on the right side, and a larger one on the left. The lower piece on the left was already made of stainless steel. They are very easy to install by removing the screws on top.

I'm also working on making a replacement for the bridge out of stainless steel. This would be more difficult to install and I may also need some plastic on the front to keep the ball rolling down the bridge.

IMG_2143 (resized).jpegIMG_2143 (resized).jpeg
#613 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

[quoted image]

+1
Add me to the list please. Also interested in a bridge mod for Prem/LE

#614 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Thanks. Have had a lot of interest via PM also, will definitely be doing a run of these.

Shipping internationally has historically been difficult and expensive. However, I think I can put it together so it can be shipped very inexpensively as a standard first class envelope. Right now I have it very close to 1 oz, but in the final version I plan to remove a little more metal to make it feasible to send as a "letter". Most of this will be done but adding triangular holes to the lower plate also.

These are just replacements for the 3 plastics on the existing turn table/spinner. There are two small ones on the right side, and a larger one on the left. The lower piece on the left was already made of stainless steel. They are very easy to install by removing the screws on top.
I'm also working on making a replacement for the bridge out of stainless steel. This would be more difficult to install and I may also need some plastic on the front to keep the ball rolling down the bridge. [quoted image]

Awesome. Put me on the list. Thanks

#615 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBall-Newbie:

Awesome. Put me on the list. Thanks

Please throw me on your list as well! These look great

#616 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

[quoted image]

I like it. May be interested. Let me know if you go ahead with it. How many pieces would you get for $30?

#617 2 years ago

Pls add me to the list. Great job!

#618 2 years ago

Looks great! I'm in - add me to the list!

#619 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

[quoted image]

Add me to the list too

#620 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

[quoted image]

I'm in! Please add me to the list. These stainless pieces look great.

#621 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

[quoted image]

Great looking mod for the money, if I hadn't already picked up one of loirs, I would be all over this, keep up the great work.

#622 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Please add me to the interested list!
Thanks!
Ed

#623 2 years ago

I’m in as well. Please add me to the list.

#624 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

[quoted image]

Well , sign me up too ,looks great!!

#625 2 years ago

Please add me to the metal piece set. Thanks!

#626 2 years ago

Mark me down for one also please! Looks great!

#627 2 years ago

I would love a set too. Please advise if you prefer a PM to get on an interested list.

#628 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I'm also working on making a replacement for the bridge out of stainless steel. This would be more difficult to install and I may also need some plastic on the front to keep the ball rolling down the bridge. [quoted image]

I’m in! PM sent yesterday.

#629 2 years ago

Add me to the list too.
Thanks

#630 2 years ago

Please add us to the list

#631 2 years ago

Add me to the list

#632 2 years ago

Cool, I liked it. Guess that goes to show you mods, do not have to cost a fortune. To dress up your machine.

#633 2 years ago

Which Comet Matrix quick connect bulb would replace a white playfield bulb: cool, sunlight, or warm? Frosted or not?

#634 2 years ago
Quoted from rdawsoniii:

Which Comet Matrix quick connect bulb would replace a white playfield bulb: cool, sunlight, or warm? Frosted or not?

Warm for godzilla

#635 2 years ago

For those out there who have artistic 3D printing capabilities...

Would love to see someone create and sell a low-profile building facade of that center building on the backboard sticker (to the right of the subway building).
It would be light enough that it could be attached simply by double sided tape (and add some further dimension to that backboard, which I think would be cool).

Anyone interested in taking on that project?
Looks like the dimensions of that building picture (from above the orbit guide) is just about a clean 4" wide x 6" tall.

#636 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

For those out there who have artistic 3D printing capabilities...
Would love to see someone create and sell a low-profile building facade of that center building on the backboard sticker (to the right of the subway building).
It would be light enough that it could be attached simply by double sided tape (and add some further dimension to that backboard, which I think would be cool).
Anyone interested in taking on that project?
Looks like the dimensions of that building picture (from above the orbit guide) is just about a clean 4" wide x 6" tall.

I've been toying with that and another area

#637 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Does look like a fellow pinsider responded to that idea on the 3D printing thread. Looks like he even made a link to the thing universe.

Quoted from tdiddy:

That would be awesome. The mods you have been making are really great, I can't say enough about them, and I would love to see what you come up with!

As a head start, it does look like a fellow Pinsider did create a basic model in response to this idea on thing universe.
I will link his post response below.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby/page/32#post-6710337

#638 2 years ago

Working jointly with Random Pinball (aka @toyotaboy), we have produced a 3-D illuminated burning building for the Pro backboard. The building easily attaches to the backboard with mounting tape and includes a controller that allows you to set different fading and flashing effects. I have provided a video below. This is now available on our website:

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/godzilla-pinball-pro-burning-building-mod

toyotaboy has also posted the STL file (below) for those who want to print and paint this themselves.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5197717

PXL_20220113_135605687.NIGHT (resized).jpgPXL_20220113_135605687.NIGHT (resized).jpgPXL_20220113_135636437 (resized).jpgPXL_20220113_135636437 (resized).jpgPXL_20220113_140220864 (resized).jpgPXL_20220113_140220864 (resized).jpgPXL_20220113_140227563 (resized).jpgPXL_20220113_140227563 (resized).jpg
#639 2 years ago

looking good!
I'm in when ready.
keep us posted....

#640 2 years ago

Is anyone doing rgb interactive undercab lighting?

#641 2 years ago

Decided to go big. He was originally 11" tall. Had to cut him down to the correct height, trim off part of his left elbow and carve out a space on the bottom for the switch. Needed to move him that far forward so I wouldn't have to trim more of his elbow because of the "multiball lift" arm. He would probably fit well on a Pro without all of the side trimming. Had to make a larger piece of clear to sit on and attached with Velcro. Decided to leave him grey like he is in the film clips. Might do a wash of black to give his skin some depth.
Got it on Ebay, Godzilla Retro 1974 Style Figure Vinyl Coin Bank Diamond Select 2020

IMG_0690 (resized).jpgIMG_0690 (resized).jpg
#642 2 years ago

Nice - And the foot under the magnet post now looks like it's his!

#643 2 years ago

Didn't even catch that. thx for pointing it out.

#644 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Working jointly with Random Pinball (aka toyotaboy), we have produced a 3-D illuminated burning building for the Pro backboard. The building easily attaches to the backboard with mounting tape and includes a controller that allows you to set different fading and flashing effects. I have provided a video below.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I wish Us PREM/LE owners had a little love on the middle building and other building mods... Mezels noodle building looks great and I'm honestly probably going to jump on that along with their subway if I can get them to just swap the color out from yellow to dark grey or brick color... then we still need a theater building behind the main building and the main building re imagined... I'd love a breaking window type flap that opens as the balls travel through each diversion shot... I know someone can take each individual piece of the building mech and make something work! Even if its a better quality decal to make the building look a bit less cheap along with a nice roof piece.... I was waiting to by the hooked roof mod because I had hoped someone would build a good roof piece along with the remainder of the PREM/LE building.

#645 2 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

I wish Us PREM/LE owners had a little love on the middle building and other building mods... Mezels noodle building looks great and I'm honestly probably going to jump on that along with their subway if I can get them to just swap the color out from yellow to dark grey or brick color... then we still need a theater building behind the main building and the main building re imagined... I'd love a breaking window type flap that opens as the balls travel through each diversion shot... I know someone can take each individual piece of the building mech and make something work! Even if its a better quality decal to make the building look a bit less cheap along with a nice roof piece.... I was waiting to by the hooked roof mod because I had hoped someone would build a good roof piece along with the remainder of the PREM/LE building.

Ooo, that's a cool building exit idea. Been wanting to disassemble the building just to toy with but being kinda stuck at home for a few weeks sucks (game living in the office). Anyone that's removed it... Does it take long to get it out of the playfield?

#646 2 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Wish I could help you, but I don’t have access to a premium or LE unfortunately.

#647 2 years ago

The stainless steel Mechagodzilla spinner mod is live in the Pinside Market...

Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 5.14.00 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-01-15 at 5.14.00 PM (resized).png

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1029-chrome-candy/05752-godzilla-prem-le-mechanogodzilla-spinner-stainless-steel

#648 2 years ago

TOHO theater in progress. Modeled for the premium and will be making a version for the Pro. The sign will indicate balls locked.
0A854E28-900B-450B-BA0A-578097B05AE6 (resized).jpeg0A854E28-900B-450B-BA0A-578097B05AE6 (resized).jpeg2FA6C677-B8A6-4AED-810C-B13C68791D50 (resized).jpeg2FA6C677-B8A6-4AED-810C-B13C68791D50 (resized).jpeg7863C2AD-FDDE-4777-947E-D60DAF44A98F (resized).jpeg7863C2AD-FDDE-4777-947E-D60DAF44A98F (resized).jpegE7420C9F-C1B7-4DDC-B442-5F925A002520 (resized).jpegE7420C9F-C1B7-4DDC-B442-5F925A002520 (resized).jpeg

#649 2 years ago

...love the sneak peek at some much needed Drake Building love!

#650 2 years ago

Awesome!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dacula, GA
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 105.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.