20240318_152015 (resized).jpg
20240318_152006 (resized).jpg
20240318_152751 (resized).jpg
20240316_201946 (resized).jpg
20240316_201708 (resized).jpg
IMG_3104 (resized).jpeg
20240303_090153 (resized).jpg
IMG_8413 (resized).jpeg

There are 5,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 105.
#551 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I don't include any install instructions in any of my light kits. I haven't since launching my website and filling orders myself in 2014. I don't want to charge extra for the paper, ink, time and added shipping weight to include them. Yes, an added 8 - 10 pages would take some <1lb orders over 1lbs and increase the shipping charges.
I have all of my install instructions on-line. If a person got on my website to buy an item, they should be able get on my website to see how to install that item. I also like having the install instruction available to potential buys in advance so they can see what they will be getting and getting into with the install before making their purchase. I don't have anything to hide and it's all shown right there, before a purchase is made.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

I do the same, provide instructions link prior so people can review and purchase and agree on the manuals can get weighty - my proton gun mod for GB is 52 pages - mosty pictures.

#552 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I messaged toyotaboy about getting a set but haven’t heard back yet. I think they are a great finishing touch.

Quoted from docquest:

Me too, I hope he does offer the trains.
Of all the Godzilla figure mods this looks the best. My painting skills suck but I'll give it a go.

I’m sure he will get back to you guys, he’s super reliable, but he has a day job and he’s got a lot on his plate. He does a lot of joint work with us, including designing the bridge mod we offer.

#553 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

My painting skills suck but I'll give it a go.

2ED4AA7C-23E8-47A9-9E03-AD02AA1CD5E6.gif2ED4AA7C-23E8-47A9-9E03-AD02AA1CD5E6.gif
#554 2 years ago

I thought about adding a mechagodzilla figure on my Pro, but decided to try something different with that space. I added a small diecast Corgi tank, taking aim at Godzilla across the playfield. The thumbscrew that held the tank in it's original box actually fit through the slot in the plastic and holds the tank on tight.

20211220_173245 (resized).jpg20211220_173245 (resized).jpg20211216_151714 (resized).jpg20211216_151714 (resized).jpg
#555 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Aren't the rings metal now instead of plastic? If that is the case you need to buy plastic rings along with the speaker light kit Type 13. https://www.speakerlightkits.com/SPIKE-2-Standard-or-Deluxe.html

As far as I know, the only metal ones were The Munsters (Gold), Jurassic Park (Gold left overs from The Munsters) and Led Zep (Light Blue). Also, Mando used black which might as well be metal as they do not allow any light to shine through them either.

As far as I know....all of the other factory LE surrounds were plastic and DO allow light to shine through them. If I'm wrong about any of that please let me know.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#556 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I thought about adding a mechagodzilla figure on my Pro, but decided to try something different with that space. I added a small diecast Corgi tank, taking aim at Godzilla across the playfield. The thumbscrew that held the tank in it's original box actually fit through the slot in the plastic and holds the tank on tight.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the tank from and what size is it? If you have a link send it over. Super cool mod...

#557 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBall-Newbie:

Where did you get the tank from and what size is it? If you have a link send it over. Super cool mod...

Thanks - install took just a few minutes. Here's the link. Looks like they are almost sold out atm.

https://www.amazon.com/Corgi-WT91202-Diescast-Model/dp/B08517WFJY/ref=sr_1_1

**if you look at the other sellers, there are more available and for a few bucks less. I got mine for $12.99 shipped.

#558 2 years ago

I feel blessed to pay zero attention to aesthetics because it saves me from emptying my wallet for the great mods and finds people share here.

However, I am keen for ways to improve gameplay experience, and I've identified a couple non-sexy hardware fixes I'd love to see. Posting here to see if there are others similarly interested or with DIY ideas for ways to address.

(Note: I have a pro but believe these issues would apply to all models)

1. Fixing the behind the upper flipper skill shot.
Because the lane behind the flipper is significantly wider than the metal bar and gate (?) that registers the ball passing through, it is common to successfully plunge the ball through the skill shot area and not have have the skill shot awarded.

Would it be easy to replace the metal bar / frame and gate with somewhat wider versions to correct this? From my layperson eye, it seems like both could be extended without interfering with the movement of the flipper or impeding another shot.

2. Fixing the inner loop ball trap at the back of the machine (see photo)

This is the only place I get stuck balls, and I'd say it happens every second or third long game I play. It usually occurs from a weak shot through the upper spinner that doesn't have the oomph to get the ball to continue its return path down past the upper flipper.

I've experienced this trap at different steepnesses and maybe only once have been able to shake it out without tilting. There is nothing the ball is catching, there's just a good-sized stretch of the ball guide on the loop that is just surprisingly flat.

Any ideas what to do here? I'd imagine having a ball guide where the flat part is slightly curved would do the trick. But as someone who just waxed his first playfield, I know fabricating such a thing is not in my wheelhouse.

godzilla-balltrap (resized).jpggodzilla-balltrap (resized).jpg
#559 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I feel blessed to pay zero attention to aesthetics because it saves me from emptying my wallet for the great mods and finds people share here.
However, I am keen for ways to improve gameplay experience, and I've identified a couple non-sexy hardware fixes I'd love to see. Posting here to see if there are others similarly interested or with DIY ideas for ways to address.
Because the lane behind the flipper is significantly wider than the metal bar and gate (?) that registers the ball passing through, it is common to successfully plunge the ball through the skill shot area and not have have the skill shot awarded.
Would it be easy to replace the metal bar / frame and gate with somewhat wider versions to correct this? From my layperson eye, it seems like both could be extended without interfering with the movement of the flipper or impeding another shot.
This is the only place I get stuck balls, and I'd say it happens every second or third long game I play. It usually occurs from a weak shot through the upper spinner that doesn't have the oomph to get the ball to continue its return path down past the upper flipper.
I've experienced this trap at different steepnesses and maybe only once have been able to shake it out without tilting. There is nothing the ball is catching, there's just a good-sized stretch of the ball guide on the loop that is just surprisingly flat.
Any ideas what to do here? I'd imagine having a ball guide where the flat part is slightly curved would do the trick. But as someone who just waxed his first playfield, I know fabricating such a thing is not in my wheelhouse.
[quoted image]

Mine gets stuck there often as well. Cannot shake loose without tilting. Hope someone has a solution

#560 2 years ago

I have a pro as well and have yet to see it get stuck on the upper loop like that. Interesting.

#561 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

[quoted image]

Here's a link to a post with a picture that shows what I did. I just put a cabinet dot in the gap. I wasn't able to find way to place the dot to prevent the ball getting stuck there without putting the dot in the path of the lane, so I put it just out of the lane.

The ball can still get hung up there but now it doesn't get stuck very deep in the gap so it's a super easy (not even a tilt warning) nudge to get it back into play. Before I did this it was impossible to nudge out of there and the only way I could get it out was to take the glass off. Might be worth trying on yours.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/59#post-6612467

Edit: oops, I just realized you were referring to the orbit. But the fix I was thinking of was for the tail whip lane.

#562 2 years ago

godzilla flame mod, interactive

#563 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Mine gets stuck there often as well. Cannot shake loose without tilting. Hope someone has a solution

Yeah. It's not even just about shaking just past the point of tilting. I often have to walk up and throw it side to side with enough force to eventually dislodge the ball that I start to wonder if it will be bad for the machine.

#564 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Whoa, that looks great! Awesome job.

#565 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Are you selling these? Could they be done in blue?

#566 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Are you selling these? Could they be done in blue?

Yes blue is in the package

Here is a video what colors are possible

I don’t sell this mod, but I am
Sure if you ask Gabriele he will sell you a controller board with led stripe

#567 2 years ago

Thanks Walter.

I can sell the controller with this effect (Red, blu, green, and other color at your choice) and the strip led, but not the Godzilla figures.

The "hard" work is cut the strip in width, no else.

The controller is this:

In this case, of course, there are only Godzilla effects

The controller have two effect, one is attract and one is trigger mode, so you can show the effect only with a coil or flasher activation. In the controller there are two trigger input optoisolated. You can set color, speed, brightness.

I can ship only in UE.

For other question, write me to [email protected]

Thanks Walter for top installation

#568 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

A better picture of the area with the glass off might help. My first suggestion would be to take off the plastic above it and see if there is any way to loosen the guide and maybe bend it a bit and tighten it back down? It may actually be attached from below. Otherwise maybe some sort of stick on bumper to keep the ball from being able to stop there.

#569 2 years ago

Added the neca movie poster Godzilla figure today on my pro. I have a shaker so I used mounting tape and a screw in Godzilla’s foot. I drilled out the rivets that held the 2d plastic and used one of those holes to put a screw in the foot.

A17C01F3-1981-4C0E-8AA2-36D126A979F1 (resized).jpegA17C01F3-1981-4C0E-8AA2-36D126A979F1 (resized).jpegE307B04E-3A50-4DD6-898B-05626F2CE962 (resized).jpegE307B04E-3A50-4DD6-898B-05626F2CE962 (resized).jpeg
#570 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The Toho logo alos looks great on the start button.[quoted image]

Who makes the Toho logo start button?

#571 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Who makes the Toho logo start button?

I haven't opened the start button, but if it's like some of them others, you can print out whatever you want and place it under the clear plastic above the bottom

#572 2 years ago

Picked up the saucer mod from Sleal, really nice work. High quality and perfect fit.

PXL_20211224_200558210.PORTRAIT (resized).jpgPXL_20211224_200558210.PORTRAIT (resized).jpgPXL_20211224_200607361.PORTRAIT (resized).jpgPXL_20211224_200607361.PORTRAIT (resized).jpg
#573 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Picked up the saucer mod from Sleal, really nice work. High quality and perfect fit.

Sleal’s pop-bumper saucer is absolutely beautiful!

#574 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I see that you went for the pearl version. After watching the movie I chose to go with the white version but that pearl looks great!

#575 2 years ago

Looking for help from those who’ve installed Diddy’s Tesl Strike mod. The instruction video says the towers are specific to the areas and labeled 1,2,3. I just opened mine to install but two of the towers are marked with a number 3 on its base with the other being number 2. Is it just the base that’s different and if so which base is the number 3 base. Thinner one or thicker one?

Thanks

65DE4A8F-BA19-4311-94E2-79B1D7B6A1E5 (resized).jpeg65DE4A8F-BA19-4311-94E2-79B1D7B6A1E5 (resized).jpeg
#576 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Looking for help from those who’ve installed Diddy’s Tesl Strike mod. The instruction video says the towers are specific to the areas and labeled 1,2,3. I just opened mine to install but two of the towers are marked with a number 3 on its base with the other being number 2. Is it just the base that’s different and if so which base is the number 3 base. Thinner one or thicker one?
Thanks
[quoted image]

Ugh the tower 1 has a piece cut out of the base to fit around the star post in the rear.... I'll pm you

#577 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

It is done and 100% ready to roll.

Continuation: “ I installed it on my machine and it works perfectly fine. But I am unable to tell how to install it.“

#578 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Worth the $99? I went ahead and ordered one also.

#579 2 years ago

Working on adding some more red LEDs to tie into destruction Jackpot.

38E7AA53-DFC5-4DCA-B948-BF6D130823E6 (resized).jpeg38E7AA53-DFC5-4DCA-B948-BF6D130823E6 (resized).jpeg
#580 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Worth the $99? I went ahead and ordered one also.

He’s only charging $30 plus shipping I think, see post 436. Well worth that price.

#581 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

He’s only charging $30 plus shipping I think, see post 436. Well worth that price.

He must have ordered the Lior version.

#582 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

There is no difficulty or issue with the install or anything to figure out. It is done and 100% ready to roll. It installs 90%+ the same as my type 12 kits. The issue is the small differences are ones that, if not mentioned, I would get e-mail after e-mail everyday about being different and people saying the kits "don't work" because 1 small thing was different and not specified. I can not edit the PDF install file that I have for installing the light frames and I don't want to remake them from the ground up. So that leaves me linking to the type 11 and 12 install and pointing out things that ARE different in the install process with this kit and then fielding e-mails from all of the folks that don't read the part about somethings being different.
Putting this kit in after you have already installed a type 12 kit (or even a type 11 kit for the most part) is easy going.

I can easily convert your pdf's into Word documents if that will help you with editing the installation instructions?

#583 2 years ago

Rumor on the main thread is that the Flamin' Frames may be hitting the site for orders sometime next week(?)...

#584 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

He must have ordered the Lior version.

I did.

#585 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Where can you order it? I am having trouble finding it

#586 2 years ago

Where can you order it? I am having trouble finding it

It's been by DM's. Had started getting my account setup for making a marketplace entry, but by the time I got that all set up I got enough requests to keep me busy for a few weeks...waiting to catch up on those before doing the market entry

#587 2 years ago

Just got mine in, looks awesome! Feels even better going for saucers and instantly looks like it’s always been there. Excellent solution Sleal16 !

F31CFDFB-8805-4955-9EFB-D0B3A8CFFF3A (resized).jpegF31CFDFB-8805-4955-9EFB-D0B3A8CFFF3A (resized).jpeg
#588 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

It's been by DM's. Had started getting my account setup for making a marketplace entry, but by the time I got that all set up I got enough requests to keep me busy for a few weeks...waiting to catch up on those before doing the market entry

Ok thank you for letting me know. Appreciate it.

#589 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Just got mine in, looks awesome! Feels even better going for saucers and instantly looks like it’s always been there. Excellent solution Sleal16 !
[quoted image]

Is that the pearl or plain white version?

#590 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

[quoted image]

I purchased the pearl white version from Sleal16 and it’s fantastic! Great quality and looks awesome.

Best $30 mod for Godzilla.

#591 2 years ago
Quoted from RonSwanson:

Is that the pearl or plain white version?

It’s the pearl, or Duke Silver(;

#592 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

It’s the pearl, or Duke Silver(;

Man that looks awesome! Can't wait for Sleal16 to pm me about mine being ready, I asked for a pearl white version a while back and was going to hold off for Hooked on pinball but they've just been taking too long at this point... lior has a great looking option but it looks about the same minus color of finish. I believe unless lior has a better led setup in his?

#593 2 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Man that looks awesome! Can't wait for Sleal16 to pm me about mine being ready, I asked for a pearl white version a while back and was going to hold off for Hooked on pinball but they've just been taking too long at this point... lior has a great looking option but it looks about the same minus color of finish. I believe unless lior has a better led setup in his?

Not sure why he didnt post one with it, but from a screenshot of the color he used for a GNR bullet, his should come out with a metallic white and not silver like on his saucer photo. So probably similar white variant finish. I'm curious on hook'd, it'll be chrome so might be neat reflecting the RGB light.

LED we all should be using the built-in RGB inside the bumper. We're just letting the light shine through the clear resin.

Your batch is coming up next week, so will DM you soon =) You should be good with any of the saucers though...its cool seeing all the great versions...for such a focal point of the game that flat plastic needs an upgrade

#594 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I purchased the pearl white version from Sleal16 and it’s fantastic! Great quality and looks awesome.
Best $30 mod for Godzilla.

+1. Great looking and great customer service.

#595 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

LED we all should be using the built-in RGB inside the bumper. We're just letting the light shine through the clear resin.
Your batch is coming up next week.

Awesome lmk when and I'll send payment info! I'm stoked on yours! Now if I could just find someone in north america to cut a whole plastics set in florescent yellow and a couple red/pink pieces for a couple places on the left side and the dome flasher ball deflection plastic on the upper right dome I'll be all set!

#596 2 years ago

Awesome lmk when and I'll send payment info! I'm stoked on yours! Now if I could just find someone in north america to cut a whole plastics set in florescent yellow and a couple red/pink pieces for a couple places on the left side and the dome flasher ball deflection plastic on the upper right dome I'll be all set!

Freddy’s Pinball Paradise has a few full sets on their site. I realize they’re in Germany but so far they seem to be the only ones offering a full kit.

#597 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Not sure why he didnt post one with it, but from a screenshot of the color he used for a GNR bullet, his should come out with a metallic white and not silver like on his saucer photo. So probably similar white variant finish. I'm curious on hook'd, it'll be chrome so might be neat reflecting the RGB light.
Your batch is coming up next week, so will DM you soon =) You should be good with any of the saucers though...its cool seeing all the great versions...for such a focal point of the game that flat plastic needs an upgrade

I ordered your ufo through Little Shop of Games, when do you think it will ship? Last mod I ordered, for now anyway. Can’t wait to get it. Happy New Year.

#598 2 years ago

I ordered your ufo through Little Shop of Games, when do you think it will ship? Last mod I ordered, for now anyway. Can’t wait to get it. Happy New Year.

Lior (think thats how you spell it)/art of pinball/little shop of games, different guy and business...not me. I'm doing the UFO's also...which Lermods pasted the photo of

#599 2 years ago

I just ordered this set from pinball life, https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-godzilla-pro-colored-plastic-protector-set.html

#600 2 years ago

Man I didn’t know they had that set. Good price. I bought a set already for ball guides and slings already. Bummer

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 105.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/12?hl=ktuhde and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.