IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg
There are 5,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 106.
#451 2 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

While, I like the way the tower mod fills up the area in which it is designed, I can't seem to get it out of my head that the towers should be in a line. I've been messing with the configuration and I still need to get the spacing right. I have the rear tower hanging off the end of the plastic over the loop. The towers from the below Godzilla photo are obviously not the same as the one's in the game. However, in later movies, they would be, and always be in a line just like in this photo.
I still need to put this back together properly with the wires out of sight and a more permanent base (I used velcro and double sided tape for the time being!) Of course, being the klutz that I am, I ended up breaking off the ends to a few of the arms. One of these days, I'll get around to putting wires on the towers, though that would create quite the headache when maintenance is required. I've already decided that this is how I am going to keep the towers.
BTW, the tower arms reaching into the ramp do not interfere with the ball. Also, I believe the clear plastic that Stern placed in the area of the middle tower becomes useless with the towers there so I removed it. As an extra benefit, the small area that the left tower occupied can now be used for something else.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Most likely they were not designed straight is because it appears they block your Noodle Building Sign!

#452 2 years ago

Can you string the lighted wire on those towers. I haven’t seen the wire for sale recently.

#453 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I just installed tdiddy's tesla towers and mezel's drake building on my Pro. They both look like they should have been there from the factory and really add to the lighting on the upper playfield.
[quoted image]

Where did you get the Godzilla from? Looks awesome.

#454 2 years ago

lolll at the $100 popbumper from ‘the art of pinball’
This guy turned into a big moneygrab unfortunately. But people are lining up to buy it, so I can’t disagree on increasing the prices As long as everybody pays, no problem. Not me though. The other one is nicer.

The tesla mod is fantastic, and so are the other mods for this game! Great work guys. Following and buying!

#455 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBall-Newbie:

Here is where I got mine:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H48PX94

To pile on, Betelgeuse how did you trim up and mount that Godzilla? I just got mine and I'm starting to take some measurements (and get out the Dremel

#456 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBall-Newbie:

Thanks! He's only $20 on amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Godzilla-Movie-Monster-Millennium/dp/B01E8D22IC/ref=sr_1_7

Quoted from ray-dude:

To pile on, Betelgeuse how did you trim up and mount that Godzilla? I just got mine and I'm starting to take some measurements (and get out the Dremel

He clears the glass and fits in that corner, though I did ultimately trim off about 2" from his tail to move him back a bit to where he is now. I just twist tied his tail to the existing screw mount from the flat plastic godzilla to hold him in place.

#457 2 years ago

Another option on the Tesla coils, interactive, original design. Working night and day, but we ship within a day or two.

#458 2 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

While, I like the way the tower mod fills up the area in which it is designed, I can't seem to get it out of my head that the towers should be in a line. I've been messing with the configuration and I still need to get the spacing right. I have the rear tower hanging off the end of the plastic over the loop. The towers from the below Godzilla photo are obviously not the same as the one's in the game. However, in later movies, they would be, and always be in a line just like in this photo.
I still need to put this back together properly with the wires out of sight and a more permanent base (I used velcro and double sided tape for the time being!) Of course, being the klutz that I am, I ended up breaking off the ends to a few of the arms. One of these days, I'll get around to putting wires on the towers, though that would create quite the headache when maintenance is required. I've already decided that this is how I am going to keep the towers.
BTW, the tower arms reaching into the ramp do not interfere with the ball. Also, I believe the clear plastic that Stern placed in the area of the middle tower becomes useless with the towers there so I removed it. As an extra benefit, the small area that the left tower occupied can now be used for something else.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So getting them inline was no big deal...? You're just working on the proper spacing of the 3?

#459 2 years ago

Tesla mod and Tilt road.

91480B40-E1A2-48D2-9BF3-18158C539CA4 (resized).jpeg91480B40-E1A2-48D2-9BF3-18158C539CA4 (resized).jpeg
#460 2 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

So getting them inline was no big deal...? You're just working on the proper spacing of the 3?

Yeah, putting them in a line is simple. You just have to remove the clear plastic piece that serves to stop balls from getting stuck (which you no longer need if you have the towers there). I'm no genius when it comes to this stuff. All I did was stick some velcro/gummy sticky stuff to the the bottom rather than attach everything to existing screw holes. You can use your imagination to figure other ways of attaching the towers and making it more permanent. The towers don't actually block the lights on the noodle sign but it does block the writing. I use the colored lights to figure out what everything is saying since I find much of the signage in the game too small to read.

#461 2 years ago

Tilt magnetic plate.

37001C42-2EB1-4CCD-9B56-40F2863E373D (resized).jpeg37001C42-2EB1-4CCD-9B56-40F2863E373D (resized).jpeg
#462 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Tilt magnetic plate.
[quoted image]

I ordered one. Can’t wait to get it.

#463 2 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

lolll at the $100 popbumper from ‘the art of pinball’
This guy turned into a big moneygrab unfortunately. But people are lining up to buy it, so I can’t disagree on increasing the prices As long as everybody pays, no problem. Not me though. The other one is nicer.
The tesla mod is fantastic, and so are the other mods for this game! Great work guys. Following and buying!

I ordered one and can’t wait! Looks awesome

#464 2 years ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Here is where I got mine:
amazon.com link »

Do you have yours installed yet? How does it look?

#465 2 years ago

I know it's a mod of most my existing armor but I added new side armor and a holographic powdercoat that complements all of the playfield colors very well IMO.

Screenshot_20211207-215646_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211207-215646_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211207-215833_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211207-215833_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211207-215924_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211207-215924_Gallery (resized).jpg
#466 2 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

I know it's a mod of most my existing armor but I added new side armor and a holographic powdercoat that complements all of the playfield colors very well IMO.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great, and you learned something new doing yourself?! What armor did you start out with?

#467 2 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Do you have yours installed yet? How does it look?

I have not yet. The unit is maybe an inch too tall. I need to get out the Dremel and trim about 30mm off the bottom. Another pinsider posted some pics with this unit, and I liked the relative size, and the sense that Godzilla was walking through the water to lord over the bridge. If I can get it to fit, I'll post details (with credit to the person that found this option)

#468 2 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Any chance of full shots? Snowing entire cabinet. Did you post a video of this on YouTube? Or was that someone else? Saw a chameleon armour job done for Godzilla on YouTube looked great.

#469 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Looks great, and you learned something new doing yourself?! What armor did you start out with?

They are batman 66 side rails I thought the design made a cool spikes like GZ's back spikes type of look vs the factory LE style.

#470 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any chance of full shots? Snowing entire cabinet. Did you post a video of this on YouTube? Or was that someone else? Saw a chameleon armour job done for Godzilla on YouTube looked great.

That's my games parts! I'm going to take shots of the full game once my silver coin mech parts come in!

#471 2 years ago

I think both Lermods & TDiddy did an excellent job on Tesla solutions and you see both styles in the lcd footage. I thought it would look cool to have one TD tower in the bridge loop spot and have the LM coils scattered around the pf, but right now the tower mod only comes as a 3pack. Here’s an alt placement I did of the LM coils in a triangle around Godzilla, & if TD ever offers a single tower option there’s several other spots to move that coil in the loop to, they’re so light gorilla tape works great.

50349681-73BE-4CF2-97B0-AF7AF9B52E30 (resized).jpeg50349681-73BE-4CF2-97B0-AF7AF9B52E30 (resized).jpeg
#472 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:I think both Lermods & TDiddy did an excellent job on Tesla solutions and you see both styles in the lcd footage. I thought it would look cool to have one TD tower in the bridge loop spot and have the LM coils scattered around the pf, but right now the tower mod only comes as a 3pack. Here’s an alt placement I did of the LM coils in a triangle around Godzilla, & if TD ever offers a single tower option there’s several other spots to move that coil in the loop to, they’re so light gorilla tape works great.
[quoted image]

Where did you get that Jet Jaguar?

#473 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Has anyone made a set of scoop lights that

They are on the shelf at Target.

#474 2 years ago

How are you guys adding lights to your Godzilla radioactive breathe?

5A045486-6067-434E-9D2D-A457B5CC2F96 (resized).jpeg5A045486-6067-434E-9D2D-A457B5CC2F96 (resized).jpeg
#475 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Off Ebay like $12, he fits nice stepping over the right loop

#476 2 years ago

I have a couple of months before my premium arrives, but I'd like to place an order for a replacement Godzilla figure. What size figure should I purchase? Any suggestions on the figure to buy? Cheers.

#477 2 years ago

Just a thought, the jet mods - I'd like to see a mod where there are three flying in a squadron, with one base to affix to the playfield.

Much smaller jets of course, less obtrusive IMO.

#478 2 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

I have a couple of months before my premium arrives, but I'd like to place an order for a replacement Godzilla figure. What size figure should I purchase? Any suggestions on the figure to buy? Cheers.

Under 6 1/2" will fit.

#479 2 years ago

Anyone working on replacement building decals for Prem/LE?

#480 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Anyone working on replacement building decals for Prem/LE?

I understand mezel mods is working on it!

#481 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

How are you guys adding lights to your Godzilla radioactive breathe?
[quoted image]

Bump to get an answer. Thanks

#482 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

As far as the speaker plate mounting goes...this kit mounts the same as my Standard (Type 11) or Deluxe (Type 12) light kits. The only limitation would be the depth of the speaker mount on the right side and I haven't heard of that being an issue with any 5.25" speakers. As long as you aren't using any type of spacer between the speaker and the back of the speaker plate where it is mounted it should be fine.
From what I have seen of their plate / speaker combos (I don't see them listed anywhere currently) I believe you would just ditch the 1/2" thick gaskets that they include. These would not be needed with the Flamin' Frames as the light kits frames make the front room needed for the extended tweeters on the FF speakers.
I hope that makes sense.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Hey Doug, any updates as to when these flaming speaker kits could be on sale?!

#483 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

waiting.gifwaiting.gif
#484 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Bump to get an answer. Thanks

Drill into the breath, drill into the mouth, run an led to your led of choice, gi or flasher.

#485 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

I think both Lermods & TDiddy did an excellent job on Tesla solutions and you see both styles in the lcd footage. I thought it would look cool to have one TD tower in the bridge loop spot and have the LM coils scattered around the pf, but right now the tower mod only comes as a 3pack. Here’s an alt placement I did of the LM coils in a triangle around Godzilla, & if TD ever offers a single tower option there’s several other spots to move that coil in the loop to, they’re so light gorilla tape works great.
[quoted image]

Where did you get the road decal for the ramps?

#487 2 years ago

Godzilla glow

0AC63D4F-B7FD-4954-BFB5-9D156674A54D (resized).jpeg0AC63D4F-B7FD-4954-BFB5-9D156674A54D (resized).jpeg
#488 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Drill into the breath, drill into the mouth, run an led to your led of choice, gi or flasher.

Awesome! Thank you so much! Much appreciated!

#489 2 years ago

Yall seen mezel mods sign for GZmb?

Screenshot_20211210-180811_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211210-180811_Facebook (resized).jpg
#490 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Godzilla glow
[quoted image]

That is dynamic.

#491 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

It's all dependent on when I can get the install instructions settled and them and the kit listed on my website.

#492 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

[quoted image]

How did you get jet jaguar to attach to the play field? He looks great!

#493 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Godzilla glow
[quoted image]

Is that a speaker light kit? Which one? Looks amazing.

#494 2 years ago

Yall seen mezel mods sign for GZmb?
[quoted image]

Where did this pic come from? I’m not finding this sign on Mezel’s site.

#495 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

question the question is are they doing the 3rd 3-d building with sign?
All the others came with the building and loose.

#496 2 years ago
Quoted from dbzap19:

How did you get jet jaguar to attach to the play field? He looks great!

I just put the clear double sided Gorilla tape on his feet, he’s light and stays put even when the tables propped up

BC251EBB-8AB0-4370-91F9-D28E3D359440 (resized).jpegBC251EBB-8AB0-4370-91F9-D28E3D359440 (resized).jpeg
#497 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

They posted it on Facebook.

#498 2 years ago

What movie is Jet Jaguar in, vs Megalon? He doesn't seem to fit in the GZ universe to me - maybe if I watch that movie it'll click. Was Ultraman based on Jet Jaguar or vice versa?

#499 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

It's all dependent on when I can get the install instructions settled and them and the kit listed on my website.

I wouldn't mind tinkering with them and figure out a good install method, just tossing that out there

#500 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

What movie is Jet Jaguar in, vs Megalon? He doesn't seem to fit in the GZ universe to me - maybe if I watch that movie it'll click. Was Ultraman based on Jet Jaguar or vice versa?

Yep, Godzilla vs Megalon. Ultraman came first and JJ was based on Ultraman. He was actually designed by a fan when they had a contest for a new character.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

9,000 (OBO)
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 106.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/10?hl=arcadebar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.