Screen Shot 2015-01-29 at 8.59.16 AM.png
Janine Melnitz.jpg
slimer16.jpg
ghostbuster-beatles.jpg
image-52.jpg
image-498.jpg
image-976.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider YKpinballer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 9 years ago

Female cast... Not a chance. Would feel ripped off if they forced a premium price on the original cast. So no.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Ghostbusters-yes, Stern-yes, new cast-NO! Love the 4 ladies signed to be in Ghostbusters but taking a male driven comedy-action movie and the twist is replace with women?!?!? I have never boycotted a movie but this maybe a first. It's a complete joke and I don't care if Danny or Ivan is on board with this "twist", they just ruin the best chance for a reboot/sequel.

A bad sign it is going to be typical Hollywood hack job is the predictable cast. The funny one, the black one, the hot one, the fat one. Characters portraying an archetype is a sign they don't intend to have any other personality or depth.

#25 9 years ago

Yeah, they think nobody will notice the void of creativity in hollywood if they go... "ok, we keep rehashing old movies and making new versions. But what if we made the same movie... but with women!"

*PFFFFTHSHPLUSPHLUSPLORT* (Sound of 10 minds blowing in a hollywood hack writers meeting)

It's more important for them to make a feminist statement than a good movie, which bugs the hell out of me. Especially when they hijack a universally loved franchise to do it.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Obviously, most (if not all) of the interest would be for a pin with the original GB theme. Unfortunately, Stern doesn't build new pins based on 30-year-old movies (but decades old music is completely different for some reason).

Because decades old music is not a flash in the pan.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Perhaps you guys are just asking rhetorical questions

Yeah I think his response about them having a song in the current top 40 was just silly. Didn't mean to derail the thread from Ghostbusters to AC/DC.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

The point was, I would hardly call the Ghostbusters franchise a "flash in the pan".
Maybe if someone was pitching a "Beanie Babies" themed pin for Sterns next release...

Yeah you misunderstood me. I didn't mean ghostbusters was a flash in the pan, I meant they make pins out of decades old music because you wouldn't want them making pins on music that is "new and hot" because it is probably a flash in the pan.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I guess that was extreme. Hate seeing "Not funny" when it comes to comedians.

You clearly haven't been to enough live shows. Some are terrible. Universally. Many in fact. I liked Melissa McCarthy in bridesmaids but not much else. Her biggest problem is that they are trying to recycle her character due to its popularity in one movie and it's not working. Just going to type "in my opinion" here so you can't say I'm wrong.

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

CLEARLY. Worked 3 shows a weekend for 8 years and toured myself. Yep, don't know what I'm talking about.

Yet you never saw a comedian that wasn't funny... and you don't like people who say a comedian isn't funny... might just be you can't see the forest through the trees.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider YKpinballer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-ghostbusters-would-you?tu=YKpinballer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.