Screen Shot 2015-01-29 at 8.59.16 AM.png
Janine Melnitz.jpg
slimer16.jpg
ghostbuster-beatles.jpg
image-52.jpg
image-498.jpg
image-976.jpg
image.jpg
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago

Original cast? Yep. 100% all over it.

I used to be a stern hater (after having and selling a bunch of their older pins [TSPP/POC and a couple others]) and vowed never to get one again. But I got a MET PR and it is awesome. Great build quality, great art, good sound/music [yeah yeah, Metallica sucks ok ok] and great code.

So yeah, I'm comfortable with Stern now (but I'd never buy a pin until its 6-12 months out the door) and GB would be an amazing theme.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I'm still looking for the hot one.

Please, you are not passing on either of the blondes.

#53 9 years ago

Would like to see Stern start a "timeless theme" collection. If Jaws is the first, GB would be a perfect second game (original cast only).

#54 9 years ago

I just found out because I don't like this new cast I am sexist. I like each of these actresses in ANYTHING else but a Ghostbusters reboot.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I just found out because I don't like this new cast I am sexist. I like each of these actresses in ANYTHING else but a Ghostbusters reboot.

Did your wife's sister make this revelation about you to you?

This movie will be more painful to watch than netball.

#56 9 years ago

There is so much potential a GB themed pin could have between the theme, characters, props/art direction, callouts/dialogue, sound effects, music, etc. and it's a game I've been wishing for for a long time!

But there is no way in hell I would want a GB pin to be associated with that abomination of a reboot they are making. I have nothing against there being one or two female Ghostbusters, but not an entire crew made up of mildly-funny actresses with a story that isn't even a continuation of the original films. And yet the filmmakers say they want to completely respect the franchise and spirit of the originals. No one wants a Bridesmaids rehash rebranded as Ghostbusters! This whole reboot thing stinks of nothing but political correctness garbage being shoved down everyone's throats by Hollywood and their typical leftist agenda all because they are out of fresh ideas.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

Did your wife's sister make this revelation about you to you?

Nope, the media and all the feminists on the internet told me. I should be ashamed of myself but hey, at least I make 40% more income.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

BAD IDEA. Talk about ruining Ghostbusters. I'll never see this. These women are not funny. And Melissa McCarthy is in makes my skin crawl.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/10310

Screen Shot 2015-01-29 at 8.59.1... 966 KB

You want it

image.jpgimage.jpg
#59 9 years ago

It would have to be original cast for me

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from tsveng:

It would have to be original cast for me

+1

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Nope, the media and all the feminists on the internet told me. I should be ashamed of myself but hey, at least I make 40% more income.

Someone feeling a little persecuted today?

#62 9 years ago

Neither is a must have for me. Love the original of course, might watch the new one, but doesn't really excite me.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Yeah I think his response about them having a song in the current top 40 was just silly. Didn't mean to derail the thread from Ghostbusters to AC/DC.

The point was, I would hardly call the Ghostbusters franchise a "flash in the pan".

Maybe if someone was pitching a "Beanie Babies" themed pin for Sterns next release...

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

GB2 is absolutely as bad as people say. It's no fun.
Look...the original isn't nearly as GOOD as people say. Upon viewing it as a non-12 year old I was surprised that it wasn't nearly as awesome as I remember.
But it's fun. The sequel wasn't any fun at all.

That isn't ture. Murry has some great comedic moments in GB2, espeically his facial expressions. Yes, the dialog and one lines are not anywhere near the original, but there are some great moments.

#65 9 years ago

edit - double post

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

GB is better than Jaws

Not a chance. Not a sliver of an ounce of a chance.

Ghostbusters was campy, whacky awesome Bill Murrey fun and we ( and he) knew it. It ruled!

But Jaws was, and still is a look back at 1970's American movie history. Also fun, but totally different fun factor.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Just 40%? You need a raise, a cigar and a sexy secretary my man.

Nothing says good job to the ladies like a firm pat on the fanny!

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

The point was, I would hardly call the Ghostbusters franchise a "flash in the pan".
Maybe if someone was pitching a "Beanie Babies" themed pin for Sterns next release...

Yeah you misunderstood me. I didn't mean ghostbusters was a flash in the pan, I meant they make pins out of decades old music because you wouldn't want them making pins on music that is "new and hot" because it is probably a flash in the pan.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Yeah you misunderstood me. I didn't mean ghostbusters was a flash in the pan, I meant they make pins out of decades old music because you wouldn't want them making pins on music that is "new and hot" because it is probably a flash in the pan.

Agreed

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

According to Wikipedia, AC/DC's Back in Black is the second best-selling album of all time, worldwide, behind only Michael Jackson's Thriller. The album has sold 50 million copies worldwide.

The crazier thing about this stat is that Thriller more than doubled the sales of Back in Black

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The crazier thing about this stat is that Thriller more than doubled the sales of Back in Black

It's actually closer than that, but Thriller clearly outsold BIB.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums#40_million_copies_or_more

#72 9 years ago

Pretty sure that is only US. Worldwide I think Thiller was around 110 million. I have won a few bar trivia bets knowing this haha. But I don't even know how people can even really know the true number. Still pretty nuts how awesome an artist MJ was ignoring everything else.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Like my grandfather always said; "When a lot of people like something, it is almost certainly a pile of overhyped crap".

#74 9 years ago

The only thing I want more than Ghostbusters, is Top Gun, with a "Playing with the boys" multiball. Also needs a Cougar needs a wingman for landing mode, and the best call out would be "JESTER'S DEAD!!"

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Mottwally:

The only thing I want more than Ghostbusters, is Top Gun, with a "Playing with the boys" multiball. Also needs a Cougar needs a wingman for landing mode, and the best call out would be "JESTER'S DEAD!!"

Tarantino's take on Top Gun:

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pretty sure that is only US. Worldwide I think Thiller was around 110 million. I have won a few bar trivia bets knowing this haha.

We're drifting way off-topic here, but that estimate was highly inflated by Jackson's management team and generally considered unreliable by music industry authorities.

"In just over a year, Thriller became—and currently remains—the best-selling album of all time, with sales over 65 million copies worldwide according to various sources."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thriller_%28Michael_Jackson_album%29

"Although sales estimates for Thriller have been as high as 110 million copies, these sales figures are unreliable."

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/did-thriller-really-sell-a-hundred-million-copies
http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB124760651612341407
http://blogs.wsj.com/numbers/how-many-albums-did-michael-jackson-sell-755/

#77 9 years ago

I just cannot believe this pin hasn't already been made. Hope it gets made with classic members though and includes both movies. Plenty to use from both to make a pretty awesome pin IMO.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from Mottwally:

Nothing says fun pinball like a homoerotic volleyball scene.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just cannot believe this pin hasn't already been made. Hope it gets made with classic members though and includes both movies. Plenty to use from both to make a pretty awesome pin IMO.

Ghostbusters seems to be a natural theme for a pinball machine, and a very impressive one-off version has already been created by one of our fellow Pinsiders, Betelgeuse (Brian Stahl)...

To the best of my knowledge, though, no Ghostbusters pin has been released in a commercial version (for sale).

FarSight Studios recently released a Ghostbusters digital pin on The Pinball Arcade, but it was simply a re-skinned version of Haunted House, and it was free of charge.

I suspect that companies have had problems getting the license. I don't know if those problems stem from Columbia Pictures, Bill Murray, or the estate of Harold Ramis, but whatever the root cause, it appears to have prevented the theme from being licensed for commercial production.

That's too bad, because I love the theme, and I think it would be commercially successful on a new pinball machine.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I suspect that companies have had problems getting the license.

Odd, because you just noted the free table from Farsight. I also bought an Egon, Peter, Ray and Slimer vinyl in stores last month. Winston is apparently with the Ecto-Mobile, and I haven't found him yet. There have been a half dozen video games in the last few years too.

Knowing my luck, if it becomes a pin I'll hate how it plays. Seems that with almost no exception, if I love the theme, I hate the gameplay. (*cough* IJ, although IJ4 the pin isn't THAT bad *cough*)

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Tarantino's take on Top Gun:
» YouTube video

He stole that bit from Roger Avery. Hard to imagine him stealing something I know

#82 9 years ago

Am I alone in thinking Melissa McCarthy is funny, and reminds me of a female chris farley? Watch her SNL appearance, she falls down the stairs multiple times and she's like 44 years old.
https://screen.yahoo.com/lulu-diamonds-000000556.html
https://screen.yahoo.com/outside-lines-000000980.html

And Kristen Wiig is just weird.. like Fred armisen weird and I dig that
fc79a53cdc321dcecf72a31028beef2c[1].jpgfc79a53cdc321dcecf72a31028beef2c[1].jpg

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Am I alone in thinking Melissa McCarthy is funny

Yes

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Am I alone in thinking Melissa McCarthy is funny,

I never watched that dumb Mike & Molly show and just stumbled into some McCarthy movies and she is frikkin halarious.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

She is funny along with the other new cast members. People who say she isn't funny have a one sided opinion on humor.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

She is funny along with the other new cast members. People who say she isn't funny have a one sided opinion on humor.

Yes stuff thats funny is and stuff that isn't, isn't. I agree very one sided.

#87 9 years ago

I have to say no I wouldnt. Its hard to recapture the magic of something like this and its rarely done. They didnt even capture the magic again for the second movie. So I would say unless its purely based on the original I would pass.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Yes stuff thats funny is and stuff that isn't, isn't. I agree very one sided.

So Carrot Top and Louis CK can't be funny to 1 person? You cannot say "that's not funny", you CAN say "I don't find it funny". Really tired of people judging what is funny and what isn't without ever performing comedy in an entertainment outlet/venue.

#89 9 years ago

Data_as_a_comic.jpgData_as_a_comic.jpg tumblr_inline_mnqmk3ay5Z1qz4rgp.giftumblr_inline_mnqmk3ay5Z1qz4rgp.gif
#90 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Really tired of people judging what is funny and what isn't without ever performing comedy in an entertainment outlet/venue.

Not as tired as I am of statements that make no sense what-so-ever

#91 9 years ago

Color blind people can think red is green and it's perfectly valid opinion for them, in fact for them it's true. But it's still actually red.

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

She can be....as far as movies goes, she's better in an ensemble than as a lead. Maybe not her fault...if the material blows, you can only do so much. I turned off The Heat after 25 min of not laughing. No one saw Tammy. She was funny in Bridesmaids, though. I liked her on Gilmore Girls, but she wasn't doing her sloppy jerk-chick routine back then.

I have no prob with the new movie, as long as it's good. Ghostbusters was amazing, but Ghostbusters 2 was awful. Male leads doesn't guarantee a good GB movie...script and direction have to be good.

As far as pinball goes - I'd only buy a GB pin if it was based on the original.

#93 9 years ago

Would be great to have a new pin with a old theme come out.
Honestly, I'm getting a little sick of most new pins having recent movie or series theme.

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

So Carrot Top and Louis CK can't be funny to 1 person? You cannot say "that's not funny", you CAN say "I don't find it funny". Really tired of people judging what is funny and what isn't without ever performing comedy in an entertainment outlet/venue.

Only comedians know what's funny? Now that's funny........hope you're here all week

When a GB pin gets made is the time to judge if it hits the mark or not however being based on the originals would increase the chances of it being successful exponentially IMHO.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not as tired as I am of statements that make no sense what-so-ever

I guess that was extreme. Hate seeing "Not funny" when it comes to comedians.

#96 9 years ago

my gf didnt appreciate when i blew on her face and told her she'd been slimed

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It would be great if they added some Slimer artwork that pinball master Gordon Morison was working on before he died.

Is this for real? Gordon Morison was working on Ghostbusters comics???

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I guess that was extreme. Hate seeing "Not funny" when it comes to comedians.

You clearly haven't been to enough live shows. Some are terrible. Universally. Many in fact. I liked Melissa McCarthy in bridesmaids but not much else. Her biggest problem is that they are trying to recycle her character due to its popularity in one movie and it's not working. Just going to type "in my opinion" here so you can't say I'm wrong.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Ghostbusters seems to be a natural theme for a pinball machine, and a very impressive one-off version has already been created by one of our fellow Pinsiders, Betelgeuse (Brian Stahl)...
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
To the best of my knowledge, though, no Ghostbusters pin has been released in a commercial version (for sale).
FarSight Studios recently released a Ghostbusters digital pin on The Pinball Arcade, but it was simply a re-skinned version of Haunted House, and it was free of charge.
» YouTube video
I suspect that companies have had problems getting the license. I don't know if those problems stem from Columbia Pictures, Bill Murray, or the estate of Harold Ramis, but whatever the root cause, it appears to have prevented the theme from being licensed for commercial production.
That's too bad, because I love the theme, and I think it would be commercially successful on a new pinball machine.

Is that a Flash Gordon Donor System?

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

You clearly haven't been to enough live shows. Some are terrible. Universally. Many in fact. I liked Melissa McCarthy in bridesmaids but not much else. Her biggest problem is that they are trying to recycle her character due to its popularity in one movie and it's not working. Just going to type "in my opinion" here so you can't say I'm wrong.

CLEARLY. Worked 3 shows a weekend for 8 years and toured myself. Yep, don't know what I'm talking about.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 103.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-ghostbusters-would-you/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.