Topic Stats

• 113 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mnpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
tumblr_inline_mnqmk3ay5Z1qz4rgp.gif
Data_as_a_comic.jpg
fc79a53cdc321dcecf72a31028beef2c[1].jpg
image.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-01-29 at 8.59.16 AM.png
Janine Melnitz.jpg
slimer16.jpg
ghostbuster-beatles.jpg
image-52.jpg
image-498.jpg
image-976.jpg
image.jpg

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 years ago

Because Pinside loves it.....

image.jpg
PRO
image-976.jpg
Premium
image-498.jpg
LE Legends of Ghostbusting
image-52.jpg

#2 4 years ago

Maybe. Batman '66, Nightmare Before Christmas, or Tron '82 would be fantastic tho

#3 4 years ago

If it has anything to do with this new female cast, not a chance.

#4 4 years ago

i would prepay on the camel toe premium

#5 4 years ago

It needs to be made

#7 4 years ago

Yes I will put my quarters in, as always...

#8 4 years ago

I just might if they made one about the original movies.

#9 4 years ago

Would love it !!!!!ghostbuster-beatles.jpg

#10 4 years ago

Ghostbusters yes, Stern no.

#11 4 years ago

Their gonna have to make GB a widebody......

#12 4 years ago

well, if they do, can't wait to try the premium.

#13 4 years ago

Honestly... I'd want the pin; but would proably wait for the code to be done and buy second hand market because Star Trek is quite frustrating waiting for bugfixes.

#14 4 years ago

Make every model based off the original cast and then we'd be on to something. As long as the LE is the originals than I'd most likely be in for one of those, though. If it's all new cast then I'm out.

#16 4 years ago

love the 'coin slot' on the le

#17 4 years ago

Female cast... Not a chance. Would feel ripped off if they forced a premium price on the original cast. So no.

#18 4 years ago

Out, across the board

#19 4 years ago

Hmmm.... Think this theme could use some more toys and fun stuff then an average Stern pin.

(No hate to Stern, cause met and acdc are 1 and 2 on my most wanted list)

#20 4 years ago

Worst theme idea ever.

#21 4 years ago

Pezpunk in 3,2,1.........

#22 4 years ago

Ghostbusters-yes, Stern-yes, new cast-NO! Love the 4 ladies signed to be in Ghostbusters but taking a male driven comedy-action movie and the twist is replace with women?!?!? I have never boycotted a movie but this maybe a first. It's a complete joke and I don't care if Danny or Ivan is on board with this "twist", they just ruin the best chance for a reboot/sequel.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Ghostbusters-yes, Stern-yes, new cast-NO! Love the 4 ladies signed to be in Ghostbusters but taking a male driven comedy-action movie and the twist is replace with women?!?!? I have never boycotted a movie but this maybe a first. It's a complete joke and I don't care if Danny or Ivan is on board with this "twist", they just ruin the best chance for a reboot/sequel.

A bad sign it is going to be typical Hollywood hack job is the predictable cast. The funny one, the black one, the hot one, the fat one. Characters portraying an archetype is a sign they don't intend to have any other personality or depth.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

A bad sign it is going to be typical Hollywood hack job is the predictable cast. The funny one, the black one, the hot one, the fat one. Characters portraying an archetype is a sign they don't intend to have any other personality or depth.

I can predict the achetype

Wigg - Leader
McCarthy - clumsy dunce
Leslie - mean, street smart, sassy lady
Kate - weirdo who knows of ghost lore

Buddy of mine was on SNL for 1 season (last season) and I had to ask him about Kate McKinnon. She just seems odd. He stated she was a savant that took things very serious. She really commits to characters but you cant take a comedic character very seriously. I could put together 10 different male cast members better than this one. Us guys just lost a very good movie franchise. Not saying women cannot enjoy the original "Ghostbusters" but it was targeted to males.

Maybe we should revamp "Bridesmaids". Oh wait, that was original called "The Hangover"

#25 4 years ago

Yeah, they think nobody will notice the void of creativity in hollywood if they go... "ok, we keep rehashing old movies and making new versions. But what if we made the same movie... but with women!"

*PFFFFTHSHPLUSPHLUSPLORT* (Sound of 10 minds blowing in a hollywood hack writers meeting)

It's more important for them to make a feminist statement than a good movie, which bugs the hell out of me. Especially when they hijack a universally loved franchise to do it.

#26 4 years ago

It's a great idea, it's like giving Ghostbusters girls a league of their own.

#27 4 years ago

This movie was gonna be an absolute disaster regardless so doesn't really bother me they are going full-retard.

Honestly the only thing worse would have been an "original" cast reunion - anybody remember how awful GB2 was? And now without Ramis and most likely Murray and everyone else fat and in their 60s it would have been absolutely catastrophic. Akroyd has been trying to get that shitshow of the ground for years and I'm glad he either came to his senses or was told "no" by the moneymen.

One big plus of this casting decision means a complete and total end to the "Stern should make Ghostbusters!!!" talk.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This movie was gonna be an absolute disaster regardless so doesn't really bother me they are going full-retard.
Honestly the only thing worse would have been an "original" cast reunion - anybody remember how awful GB2 was? And now without Ramis and most likely Murray and everyone else fat and in their 60s it would have been absolutely catastrophic. Akroyd has been trying to get that shitshow of the ground for years and I'm glad he either came to his senses or was told "no" by the moneymen.
One big plus of this casting decision means a complete and total end to the "Stern should make Ghostbusters!!!" talk.

So you wouldn't buy a camel toe premium ?

#29 4 years ago

Obviously, most (if not all) of the interest would be for a pin with the original GB theme. Unfortunately, Stern doesn't build new pins based on 30-year-old movies (but decades old music is completely different for some reason).

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Obviously, most (if not all) of the interest would be for a pin with the original GB theme. Unfortunately, Stern doesn't build new pins based on 30-year-old movies (but decades old music is completely different for some reason).

Because decades old music is not a flash in the pan.

#31 4 years ago

There is not a single theme in the world that would get me to buy a game before playing it. Not one. I won't even buy JJP#3 (Hi Pat!) before playing it, and I am VERY (VERY!) excited for that game to come out.

Every game is so different. There are themes that I thought would be right up my alley that I hated. There were games that I thought would be crap themes that are just a blast to play. Now that games are this expensive, no other course makes sense to me. Wait and see what they do, then decide.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Because decades old music is not a flash in the pan.

How is any ACDC song doing in the top 40 these days?

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Well, AC/DC has a new album on the charts that topped out at #3 and just went gold (and NOTHING goes gold these days). And their music is still featured prominently in films, ads, and gets tons of radio play. They also just sold out their european tour and I suppose tickets for American shows will go on sale (and sell out) shortly after their appearance at the Grammys.

I'd say there's a big difference between an omnipresent older band that never went away or left the public consciousness, and an old movie that's beloved by some people of a certain age.

I do like retro themes. Stern will never have the balls to do something as cool as TZ or CFTBL and that's to pinball's detriment. But there's a difference between old bands and old movies. They are - at least as Stern is concerned - a far better bet.

#34 4 years ago

When does the code come out?

#35 4 years ago

Not a chance. Only stern I would buy NIB is a LOTR VE since the code would be done. Everything else seems to require waiting for it to be a few years old to know what kind of game you are getting.

#36 4 years ago

If it was anything like Pinball Geek's drawings, I would most definitely be in...but alas, it will not.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-up-next-from-stern/page/3#post-1953348

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

If it was anything like Pinball Geek's drawings, I would most definitely be in...but alas, it will not.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-up-next-from-stern/page/3#post-1953348

That guy was pretty good and designing toys for it. Wish Stern would take even 1 of those ideas.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Perhaps you guys are just asking rhetorical questions, but to address the broader issue, a song's (or band's) current position in the Top 40 is not nearly as relevant to a music theme's potential success in the marketplace as longevity and lifetime sales.

According to Wikipedia, AC/DC's Back in Black is the second best-selling album of all time, worldwide, behind only Michael Jackson's Thriller. The album has sold 50 million copies worldwide. It was very successful around the world, and despite never reaching no. 1 on the US Billboard 200, it received the 22x multi-platinum distinction, denoting 22 million albums sold. This currently places it sixth in the list of best-selling albums in the US (behind Thriller, Eagles' Their Greatest Hits (1971–1975), Led Zeppelin's Led Zeppelin IV, Pink Floyd's The Wall, and Billy Joel's Greatest Hits Volume I & Volume II).

Back in Black stayed on the Billboard chart for 131 weeks, never reaching no. 1. However, it did reach no. 1 in Australia and the UK. In April 2010, it re-entered the Billboard charts at no. 181.

In 2014, Back in Black re entered the Billboard Charts at no. 73. As of 9 June 2014, Back In Black remains on the current Billboard 200 list, at no. 142.

The album has also sold one million or more copies in Canada, Germany and France.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_in_Black#Sales

Not surprisingly, Stern's AC/DC pin has been well received by the market. Steve Ritchie and Lyman Sheats had a lot to do with that, but so did the theme, which resonates with a large, broad, multi-generational market demographic.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Perhaps you guys are just asking rhetorical questions

Yeah I think his response about them having a song in the current top 40 was just silly. Didn't mean to derail the thread from Ghostbusters to AC/DC.

#40 4 years ago

I cannot see Stern making a game based on the new GB. They don't strike me as a company that takes wacky risks, and theming a game on an unproven movie reboot with all-female heroes that aren't super-sexualized (see Whoa Nellie!) would be a serious risk.

Of course they'd make good money if they could get the rights to the '84 Ghostbusters (skipping over GB2, hopefully), that's right in the demographic of the typical NIB buyer. Would be interesting to know how getting the appearance rights for that would work, and if they'd have to work directly with Bill Murray (in which case I'm thinking he wouldn't appear on the machine, unless he's a closet pinball fan).

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I cannot see Stern making a game based on the new GB. They don't strike me as a company that takes wacky risks, and theming a game on an unproven movie reboot with all-female heroes that aren't super-sexualized (see Whoa Nellie!) would be a serious risk.
Of course they'd make good money if they could get the rights to the '84 Ghostbusters (skipping over GB2, hopefully), that's right in the demographic of the typical NIB buyer. Would be interesting to know how getting the appearance rights for that would work, and if they'd have to work directly with Bill Murray (in which case I'm thinking he wouldn't appear on the machine, unless he's a closet pinball fan).

Agree except for GB2. You don't want a Vigo translite just staring at you? If you compare GB2 to GB1, YES it's bad. GB2 is corny, somewhat slow but it's still a continued story of the Ghostbusters. GB2 isn't as bad as people say it is.

#42 4 years ago

GB2 is absolutely as bad as people say. It's no fun.

Look...the original isn't nearly as GOOD as people say. Upon viewing it as a non-12 year old I was surprised that it wasn't nearly as awesome as I remember.

But it's fun. The sequel wasn't any fun at all.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Look...the original isn't nearly as GOOD as people say. Upon viewing it as a non-12 year old I was surprised that it wasn't nearly as awesome as I remember.

Maybe so, but it would be an awesome theme for a pinball machine!

#44 4 years ago

It would be great if they added some Slimer artwork that pinball master Gordon Morison was working on before he died.

slimer16.jpg
#45 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

A bad sign it is going to be typical Hollywood hack job is the predictable cast. The funny one, the black one, the hot one, the fat one.

I'm still looking for the hot one.

#46 4 years ago

Original Ghostbuster cast based yes. New cast hell no.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I'm still looking for the hot one.

It's Janine.

Janine Melnitz.jpg

Oh wait, wrong movie!

#48 4 years ago

GB is better than Jaws

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

It's Janine.

Oh wait, wrong movie!

Janine Melnitz.jpg 63 KB

I can't argue with you. Annie Potts is much better looking than any of the women cast for the remake.

#50 4 years ago

BAD IDEA. Talk about ruining Ghostbusters. I'll never see this. These women are not funny. And Melissa McCarthy makes my skin crawl.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/10310

Screen Shot 2015-01-29 at 8.59.16 AM.png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, TX
4,400 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Columbia, MD
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside