(Topic ID: 154448)

Stern Ghostbusters Official Announcement!

By WaddleJrJr

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 399 posts
  • 174 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by flynnibus
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What version are you buying?”

• Pro 26 votes
    6%
  • Premium 121 votes
    29%
  • LE 92 votes
    22%
  • Interested in the game but will wait until after playing it 129 votes
    31%
  • Not interested 53 votes
    13%

(421 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GB_(resized).jpg
martin_shkreli_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
magicgirlBG-799x600_(resized).jpg
pasted_image_(resized).png
1673ace0e3aae9cf1542de694c3e38a4955d8567_(resized).jpg
946dff41732fb244da8b1d53e47007407eed6682_(resized).jpg
ghost_(resized).jpg
s-l1607_(resized).jpg
s-l1606_(resized).jpg
s-l1605_(resized).jpg
s-l1604_(resized).jpg
s-l1604_(resized).jpg
s-l1603_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lyonsronnie1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#158 8 years ago

Consider me naive if you want,... but in my humble opinion, this is basically one of the best looking pinball machines of all time. Knocked the artwork completely out of the park.

#160 8 years ago

"One of the best looking pinball machines of all time"

#263 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Wooohoo. Man the ZY gives Dirty Donny a run for the money. But I can see the MET influence, every bit of the pf is covered with something nice...full of details and homages to the movie. ZY is going to be very sought after after this.

Couple things that jump out at me.

1. He's just getting started, this is how good a machine looks when he's just in the early part of his pinball art career....

2. JPop is a moron

#271 8 years ago

If I had anything to do with it, I'd just have Zombie Yeti do about every other game, and ask him for a recommendation of an artist he respects that would be willing to do similar work... but perhaps has a completely different style. Between the two of them they could make some really legendary designs in the next few years for Stern.

Use the guys that were doing the cut & paste style to help out the animation team that's working on the LCD stuff.

#272 8 years ago
Quoted from bb2j3z:

The everything but the kitchen sink art style of ghostbusters, reminds me of Tyler stout.

That works so well on pinball machines because you spend so much time staring at the playfield. The more busy it is, if it's styled right and not just a mess... the better it is because there's more art to find as you play it.

#338 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Oh why Stern do you even bother making "lesser" models? This practice of making a more affordable pin by removing playfield features simply sucks.
Just make one machine, one playfield, and offer colored legs, alternate cabinet if that is necessary.
Offering "lesser" machines is offensive, "Oh, you can't afford the "real" pinball but we'll take your money anyway and give you this lesser playing version............."

Back when they started it they essentially were in a position where they couldn't stay in business at the prices they were selling games like... Spider Man and Lord of the Rings for. So instead of choosing between stripping the games and pissing off people who want full featured games... or raising the price 2 grand and pissing off people who don't want to pay it.... they just did BOTH.

Kind of brilliant really if you think about it. Seems to be working well for them.

#339 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Basically, who wants to lay down cash for a pinball that "should be this" but because you can't afford it, "here's this sub-standard substitute".

If you can't afford it, don't buy it. No reason to get upset about it.

#341 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Do you think they would drop the price of the Premium or LE if they did drop the Pro from the lineup? Doubtful.

I'd imagine they'd probably RAISE prices if they didn't have the pro money coming in...

#342 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I knew this hobby was expensive when I got in and I'm kosher with the way prices are headed.

I don't buy NIB because I can't afford it. I don't feel bad about it though; when I was a kid in the 80's hell I didn't know anybody, ever, that owned their own machines. It's a rich man's hobby and always has been.

#343 8 years ago

It's kind of a different thing because they weren't vastly different.... but if we're going there, they did it with EM machines for years, they'd make 2 player, 4 player, 1 player... add-a ball versions of the same game with slightly different backglasses. Then, like now, I'd say that's great, more choice for different consumers. Some states needed Add-A-Ball games, some places needed replay games, some locations liked 4 player machines, some preferred the cheaper 2 player version.

Basically Gary Stern is very old-school.

#344 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Stern must be thanking JJP in so many ways then. Not only does he give Stern a MASSIVE boost in sales, but then JJP releases one game every 4 years or so while Stern pops 3-4 out a year.

I think some of the people involved VASTLY underestimated Gary's business skills. Not only is he pretty good at what he's doing, been involved with several companies and seen it all in the industry... the new investors a few years back kind of molded Gary into an even BETTER businessman and took the company into high gear.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 49.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lyonsronnie1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-ghostbusters-official-announcement?tu=lyonsronnie1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.