(Topic ID: 154448)

Stern Ghostbusters Official Announcement!

By WaddleJrJr

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 399 posts
  • 174 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by flynnibus
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What version are you buying?”

• Pro 26 votes
    6%
  • Premium 121 votes
    29%
  • LE 92 votes
    22%
  • Interested in the game but will wait until after playing it 129 votes
    31%
  • Not interested 53 votes
    13%

(421 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

GB_(resized).jpg
martin_shkreli_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
magicgirlBG-799x600_(resized).jpg
pasted_image_(resized).png
1673ace0e3aae9cf1542de694c3e38a4955d8567_(resized).jpg
946dff41732fb244da8b1d53e47007407eed6682_(resized).jpg
ghost_(resized).jpg
s-l1607_(resized).jpg
s-l1606_(resized).jpg
s-l1605_(resized).jpg
s-l1604_(resized).jpg
s-l1604_(resized).jpg
s-l1603_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowepg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from Tigger64:

wow! If this plays as good as it looks, Stern has winner.

Wait, you mean people still PLAY pinball?

I was starting to think most bought based on theme, cabinet color scheme and playfield artwork....

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Aren't you the one harping on the DMD still being there.

by harping, you mean 1 post? Yes. guilty. lol

Someone said Stern was "ushering in a new golden age of pinball", I felt that was a bit too much hyperbole....

Also, not sure how you feel that is incongruent with my sarcastic post about folks still wanting to play the game before buying...

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

If the golden age consists of artwork like this, it's worth it's weight in gold. Top that off with the abundance of extra toys, new mangetic slingshots, and a hologram that will display on the playfield - I think it's a step change in the right direction for STERN. Hopefully they can sustain it. A color display would've blown up the whole internet and not just pinside, but at least the rest of the game was a big leap in the right direction.

Agreed. My comment in the other thread (that he referenced), was Stern got SOOO much right on this pin, too bad they didn't make it a grand slam homerun with something better than mono dots.

HOWEVER, much as i love the look of this pin, Im one of the minority that wants to play it before buying it...because...you know... I PLAY pinball (and look at it)

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

as everyone should. You would think people getting burned 4 or 5 times by buying games before they bought them would learn. I think there is a slow learning curve around here.
Does look awesome. hope it plays as good as it looks.

Meh, I don't really care much what other folks do with THEIR money, just commenting on what I plan to do with mine.

And that will be absolutely nothing until I play one and the code looks good and its enjoyable play.... Absolutely no rush to buy ANY pinball machine... contrary to how some folks act, if the games a winner it will always be obtainable.

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I'd say pinball is back people.

Where'd it go?

#290 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

OK I was gonna let this go but then you had to make a snide remark about a totally harmless post. If you had been "classy" then you would have read the following post on page 5 of this thread:
one.

So we have to read ALL your posts to understand each one individually ?

I love the artwork, but Im really looking forward to PLAYING one.

Some of the hyperbole around this title is amazing. People are lauding it as the "next coming" before anyone had even plunged the first ball!

#372 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Oh why Stern do you even bother making "lesser" models?

Whats more amazing to me is that people here made it through life to a point where they can afford $5-$9K toys.... yet still have no understanding of basic economics.

#377 3 years ago

I can just never figure out the guys that complain about having too many choices!?!?!?

If Stern decided it could/would only make ONE version of each title, I guarantee 40-60% of the customers would be in an uproar!

Either they would be pissed at the "stripped-down games" or pissed that Stern had priced them out of the market with $9K toys, etc.

#379 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I don't agree, for decades there was never a complaint about one title at one price. In recent times when LE and modding became a thing, it started as, and largely continues to be geared solely toward cosmetics rather than game play features for everyone but Stern. In other words there is no uproar about lack of game play options in WOZ, TH, AMH, RZSSI, WNBJM, FuTh, P3, TBL, Predator, MG, AIW, RAZA, TS, WOOLY, etc.

Really? I think there are most certainly uproar about the lack of gameplay options on AIW, RAZA, predator and MG!

But serously, you are comparing apples and oranges in much of your list.

As soon as one of those other boutiques can deliver a pinball machine for under $5k (and ONLY by tweaking cosmetics) then let's talk....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowepg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside