IMG_20230620_202539 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230616_162405 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230207_193607 (resized).jpg
20230130_213659 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230207_180425_01 (resized).jpg
received_8733412726730778 (resized).jpeg
20230129_135402 (resized).jpg
received_698355871839337 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Nevr Dull is great stuff! I actually just used a Scotch Brite pad on my trough parts this time, I assume some time down the road I'll have to do it again and maybe use Nevr Dull or something else..or clearcoat..because it'll oxidize again. All of these old stern parts do it since they didn't coat them.

Bring your sheet metal down here and shine them up with my buffer. Then hit them with some spray can clear. They will stay shiny for a long time.

#20 1 year ago

Finally got a complete set of matching Stern displays from TPF (thanks play_pinball !) and installed new code/spinner. Went ahead and used a 20W amplifier and some bookshelf speakers (because if not now, then when?!) and gave it a test run. Wow!
Still lots of adjusting to do but I'm very impressed.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You have done a very nice job on cleaning Galaxy up. I like your video. You should think about putting it on you tube. There are no good vides of Galaxy.

3 weeks later
#23 1 year ago

I'm trying to figure out how I can secure the subwoofer inside the cab, where the speaker originally went.

Get 4 angle brackets at the hardware store. Get some epoxy or some JB Weld. Bond the angle brackets to each corner. You may be able to install some short sheet metal screws to the speaker box without hitting anything inside as a further means of keeping the brackets in place. Place the speaker where you want it. Mark the holes where the angle brackets sitting. Drill the holes. Lock the speaker box down with some nuts and bolts ( you will need a third hand).

#25 1 year ago

Have not done any additional work on the speaker situation other than loosely sitting the subwoofer inside, over the original speaker cutout. The satellite speakers are just sitting on the floor for now.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/13C-114-SS
These were back in stock so I ordered two sets. One will get installed and the other will go to my friend to trace and make templates for future reprinting if the need ever arises.
Man I love this game with the new code.

Now Galaxies are moving up in price and will no longer be suitable to use as donor pins for the "hotter" classic Stern titles.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive?s=1&radius_latitude=37.675&radius_longitude=-97.32&keywords=&ad_machine_key=199&ad_condition=0&machine_type=&ad_machine_manuf=&year_from=&year_to=&radius_distancekm=0&sort_by=ad_end_date&sort_order=DESC#results

1 year later
#37 8 months ago

I don't get to take credit for any of this. People with far more skill than me are doing the real heavy lifting here.
The playfield and cab are nearing the finish line. Powder is done except for the siderails.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
I still need to get a backglass.... doh.

More info on your sheet metal, please. Is that powdercoat? Nearchrome?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sandusky, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-galaxy-light-resto-quicksilver-conversion-?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.