20220520-CREDIT (resized).png
8-29-sound7 (resized).png
8-28-sound6 (resized).png
8-28-sound5 (resized).png
8-28-sound4 (resized).png
8-28-sound3 (resized).png
8-28-sound2 (resized).png
8-28-sound1 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider passave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 4 years ago

Following...I am a little concerned over pinmame as a source file however...That machine had a curious Easter egg, (only way I can think to describe it)...If you dropped all the targets in order, it would lite special, and consequently give a free game every time you hit the warp hole...Well that is not in the manual, or even apparently on all machines, since I have owned a few of them over the years.

#46 4 years ago

Oh, my, my, Dont make me beg for that audio file too...Because I will if I have to.I will... (Typed with a certain amount of crazy in Jenns eyes)Thx

#60 4 years ago

I been trying to follow along, But got hung up on post #4 with the changes and more particular with the L00 thing, Wouldnt you have to change this back at some point to be per code?...Anyway this Princess is struggling to keep the dream alive, Where would the understanding begin in your opinion, Assembly or the PIGS?

#63 4 years ago

This is going to get ugly, But I do understand the linear of what you are saying, and gives me direction...Thanks.

#67 4 years ago

There is is...That code patch I bet, was that free game warp hole Special, Triggered by dropping targets in order...Why it was removed I would imagine, it would stay on for the whole ball, and a good player could basically achieve unlimited games and play that machine all afternoon, with 1 quarter. (Wink)

#77 4 years ago

You kind of lost me there, That would be a 5000 point adder (per planet) on a 10,000 point base, and the outlanes are not targets but actual marker lights... I can see now how not just everyone should be messing around with the code for mods, since that would basically be a corrupt file as compared to original, unless it was done to eliminate bugs...I have since this thread began obtained a 6800 assembly manual and OMG, what you are doing is far beyond "disassembly" and borders on sheer genius.

#79 4 years ago

Ah, Yes, You are correct, I missed Mercury (Bad girl!), That does put it at 5k increments ...And after closer observation that $29 is curious, I know they made at least 2 versions of that playfield, (the more common one has the dark blue upper playfield, less common lighter blue) and they do not over lay each other, The inserts and posts are off about 1/8"...but not aware of lighting changes...Curious, Damn, curious.

#87 4 years ago

5 ball games, OMG, thats just cheating, They are getting enough "extra points" With the two free balls, they certainly dont need cheated code on top of that...Dont you dare give that to them!

#92 4 years ago

So (at least on this file) nothing about dropping them in order and lighting the special?... Unless Perhaps I am missing the correlation, That missing file patch would have to in theory then loop back to the drops?...Or are we still thinking a bug?

1 week later
#102 4 years ago

Wouldn't that in theory be a timer circuit of sorts?...as for the flashers,I am thinking the bulb is in either off,on, or flashing which would require a status check... Wasted memory one could wonder, but I couldn't think of any other way to achieve those functions as it would seem that would be quite interactive.

#105 4 years ago

Since that is only a 2mhz chip (relativity slow) I can see your point on triggers or lack of and would begin to wonder if the persistence was not stabilized with the use of caps during an event, Something I will have to look into... I am starting to get a grasp on your breakdown and what you are actually doing and it is far uglier than most people may think. And as a noob to all this countdown timers and loops seems to be the key to well written code (As an overview)..Thanks again for all your work on this project

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 169.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider passave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-galaxy-code-disassembly?tu=passave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.