Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dothedoo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Greetings. I have a Stern Free fall that resets ( like Williams dmd title with bad coil or 5v issue ) when either flipper button is pressed . Boots back up after reset no issue . Start another game press flipper button resets again . Constant issue.

Been years since I last used or serviced the game . Bad MPU ( 2x flash ) replaced with Alteck Ultimate board. Voltages checked same recetifier and SDU . 43vdc coil is 44vdc , TP1 5.31 vdc , 13vdc reads 12.8 . Connections reseated . No visual issue with recetfier board . No hacks.

Voltages constant thru reset .

Cleaned flipper button and eos switchs no effect.

Reset occurs even if eos switch " open " ( casdstock as insulator or hold flipper in a raised position )

Installed second new Alteck ( same switch settings ) and a Weebly SDU no help . Boards screwed properly to head mounts .

Ohm flipper coil diodes . Were electronically fine but right flipper solinoid funky . Aq 25 -500 34-4500 coil that was replaced with same coil . Left flipper original left undisturbed .

Flipper does actuate as the machine goes into reset ( when I have not put insulator in eos switch ) .

Rest game responds fine rolling ball over switches , solinoids fire all ok. Flipper actuate and trouble on the way !
I am rehab after operation so have not repinned the connectors . Not lazy just cant bend over .

Ideas from the collective mind please ?

TIA for any assistance Shane

#2 3 years ago

Start by isolating the grid line change switches on the flipper buttons. Make sure there’s no way flipper power can short to those switches.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 125.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Copenhagen
$ 199.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-freefall-reset-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.