Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by slochar
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I recently got a Stern Freefall up and working.

1) I've watched several videos that show that once a ball kicks upto the ball walker it auto spots a letter in sky diver. Mine doesn't spot the letter. What adjustments needs to be made to give me this feature

2) When you are getting the fifth ball the game score shows the high score for a split second and then goes back to your score and kicks the ball out. How do I shut that bizarre feature off.

3) Every once in a while the first ball in the walker jumps to the second position as it comes in fast I guess. This appears to screw the game up as it can't keep track of the balls properly anymore. Any fixes for that.

I have the manual and nothing is discussed about any of the issues

FYI. Game still has the original Stern MPU.

Any help on any of the three questions would be great .. not much info on this game

Thanks

Mike V.

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from RacingPin:

2) When you are getting the fifth ball the game score shows the high score for a split second and then goes back to your score and kicks the ball out. How do I shut that bizarre feature off.

All stern games from meteor up do this is one of their stylistic features. No way to turn it off stock it would require a custom ROM.

#3 2 years ago

#1 I'm 99% certain this only happens on a 3 ball game. Will adjust automatically if you change to 3 balls.

#2. All Sterns of the era do this, can't be shut off. (same when ball 2 ends on 3 ball game).

#3. Your back leg height level affects this. If you go high, like I did, this happens more frequently. There is a tiny bit of room to place a plastic cap on the top of each of the 3 upgates, but it's tight..too big and it will jam or not go down correctly.

Great game. Miss mine.
You have a great mix bag collection.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

#1 I'm 99% certain this only happens on a 3 ball game. Will adjust automatically if you change to 3 balls.
#2. All Sterns of the era do this, can't be shut off. (same when ball 2 ends on 3 ball game).
#3. Your back leg height level affects this. If you go high, like I did, this happens more frequently. There is a tiny bit of room to place a plastic cap on the top of each of the 3 upgates, but it's tight..too big and it will jam or not go down correctly.
Great game. Miss mine.
You have a great mix bag collection.

Thanks a bundle. That answered all my issues. I just checked and it only gives the auto spot on a three ball game and I originally set mine for a five ball game. Now Ive got to find the delicate balance or possibly cap the upgates ..

Mike V.

#5 2 years ago

If you want I can roll a new version of the software that will spot on the five ball level and not show the hstd. Original or weebly board only and you'd have to handle getting the roms burned.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 199.95
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Machine - For Sale
Copenhagen
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 125.00
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-freefall-adjustment-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.