Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by snyper2099
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Starting to look for a second machine. Considering a project machine to kinda work on, play for a while, then sell to get something else.

Also just considering saving a bit more and just getting a newish Stern. Question is, can you get one for less than $4k? Been looking around, and I've got my eye on a few, but all seem to be selling for just over $4k. Would love to get a Mustang, but would settle for something a few years older. But looks like unless I go back to Monopoly (which I actually would love to have), it seems that they are all staying over $4K?

Is that correct in general? Any games worth looking for that would be lower than that? Anyone have a Mustang for around $3k?

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

WPT, T3, NASCAR, RCT, WOF, Playboy, RBION and Sopranos

Don't belive I have ever seen any of these in person.

So sub 4000 Sterns are out there. Just need to find them.

Started watching Daredevil, and came across the episode with the Mustang, and that just sparked my interest into looking to get one. That, and that I've been driving my '06 Mustang now for about 9 years, and still love it. So I figured I'd try my hardest to make it work. But keeping in mind that I may need to go with something else first or just keep saving.

#23 8 years ago

Guess I was more wondering about the more recent Stern Titles. Like from 2009ish to current. I figured if I couldn't find a Stern cheap enough that I'd like, I'd try and get a WCS94 or something else around then instead.

Like I wouldn't mind any of the Stern super hero pins. Spider-man, Iron Man, Avengers, Batman, etc. But seems like those are just over my range.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Xmen and Avengers are in your range.

That'd be cool. Never played Xmen yet, but looks entertaining at least.

After all the money I'd put into my JP, it's pretty much become a $4k game. Got it for a great deal, and thought it was going to be a cheap fix, but so much cool stuff came out for it. So if I was able to pull off $4k last year, I figured I could pull off another $4k for a newer game that doesn't need much updating or restoration.

And I feel once I get a good newer modern game that holds it's value, it'd be much easier for me to justify swapping them out.

*Edit. Damn pinball hobby. Look at me. 3 years ago, I didn't even want to spend $500 for a game. 2 Years ago, I didn't want to spend $1000. Last year I didn't want to go over $2000 for my JP. Now I'm drawing the line at $4000. But this is a Hobby, and fairly cheap one I suppose. Back when I was 10-14 years old, my dad would go skydiving every weekend. I know that probably wasn't necessarily a cheap hobby, and after he got done, he couldn't sell any of his experience to recoup his costs.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Avatar is another that's always overlooked. It's a very fast, simple game. The objectives are clear, but accomplishing them is difficult (at least for me..). The Amp suit shot is one of my favorite in pinball - a successful shot is very satisfying.

Main Street Amusements in Lafayette, IN has one. It's somewhat fun. Seems like I have a lot of short games with that one though. I know what you mean with the AMP suit shot. First time I played it, the floor shook.

But I kinda really like Monopoly. Played one at the student union back in like 2008 at the UofI. I think I ended up with like 5 replays from one buy in. I remember I kept playing and playing and playing. And Main Street Amusements has that one as well, and feel like I always have my longest games on that too.

Quoted from Frax:

Actually, I sold mine for 3550. It was very lightly routed, and I took a decent hit on it, but I needed it gone pronto. You just never know. You really can't find a better game for 3.5k, IMO. I wish I could have kept it, but if I'm going to keep a Mustang ever, it'll be a premium.

Yeah, I'd love to have a Premium just for the turntable alone. But that'll be a while from now. That kind of price range is out for the time being.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I may actually be going from Chicago to Carmel, In on Friday with a box truck.

Heh. Well that would be too convenient.

Probably too soon for me to pull the trigger at this moment, unless Credit is accepted?

Just curious, where you headed to in Carmel?

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Crooked Stick Golf Club

Have we talked before? Seems like I've talked to someone who dealt with golf carts at a few courses in Carmel before.

#52 8 years ago

Not sure if I'll get the boot for this post, but if anyone would care to help fund my next machine, I sell subway token necklaces. Even have an old amusement token one. My products have been published in Real Simple Magazine (ask your wife), shown on the CBS Morning show, published in a book, and other publications. Been selling these products for almost 10 years now.

www.Hanger3.com

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-for-less-than-4k?tu=woody24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.