3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by snyper2099
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

Starting to look for a second machine. Considering a project machine to kinda work on, play for a while, then sell to get something else.

Also just considering saving a bit more and just getting a newish Stern. Question is, can you get one for less than $4k? Been looking around, and I've got my eye on a few, but all seem to be selling for just over $4k. Would love to get a Mustang, but would settle for something a few years older. But looks like unless I go back to Monopoly (which I actually would love to have), it seems that they are all staying over $4K?

Is that correct in general? Any games worth looking for that would be lower than that? Anyone have a Mustang for around $3k?

#2 3 years ago

There are some stern pro models floating for 4000 or touch less. Mustang, st, and twd. Have to be patient. I have seen all 3 of those go for less than 4000. This is why I will never buy a nib stern pro. A mustang sold in texas for 3700. Heck of a deal.

#3 3 years ago

WPT, T3, NASCAR, RCT, WOF, Playboy, RBION and Sopranos All games I think you should be able to find for between 3-4K and are newer than Monopoly.

#4 3 years ago

I sold my HUO Monopoly for $2K maybe 6 years ago and it did not sell fast. No way is that a $4K pin.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I sold my HUO Monopoly for $2K maybe 6 years ago and it did not sell fast. No way is that a $4K pin.

I had a beautiful and terrific playing one posted for sale at $2,600 about a year ago and all I got was offers of $2,400. Yet everytime one gets posted now the person wants $3,000+. No way they're selling for what people post.

Anyways, Rolling Stones and Avatar are two newer Sterns that can be found for under $4k. Avengers was, not sure about after the new code update, haven't seen a pro posted for sale since that happened.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

WPT, T3, NASCAR, RCT, WOF, Playboy, RBION and Sopranos All games I think you should be able to find for between 3-4K and are newer than Monopoly.

Yup, all of these!

#7 3 years ago

south park.

#8 3 years ago

I have a world poker tour for sale at 2,800.00. Looks like a new pin.

#9 3 years ago

NASCAR, WPT, Monopoly, and of course Sharky's and Strike are all $2,500 or cheaper - I think you could throw T3 in there too but people seem to be a little optimistic on that one lately.

24, Big Buck, WOF are probably the next step up. All of these listed should be under 4,000, with Avatar and Stones probably in the mix as well.

I'd have a hard time paying that kind of money for ANY of these titles when there are plenty of WPC 90s games available cheaper.

#10 3 years ago

Yeah WPT has to be one of the best bang for your buck pins out there.

#11 3 years ago

Most Stern Pros sell for <$4k. Be patient. Try to deal with local collectors.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

WPT, T3, NASCAR, RCT, WOF, Playboy, RBION and Sopranos

Don't belive I have ever seen any of these in person.

So sub 4000 Sterns are out there. Just need to find them.

Started watching Daredevil, and came across the episode with the Mustang, and that just sparked my interest into looking to get one. That, and that I've been driving my '06 Mustang now for about 9 years, and still love it. So I figured I'd try my hardest to make it work. But keeping in mind that I may need to go with something else first or just keep saving.

#13 3 years ago

I've seen a TFLE sell for less than $4K.

#14 3 years ago

Can usually find a CSI for less than $4k, if you can find one for sale.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah WPT has to be one of the best bang for your buck pins out there.

True, if by that you mean you'll be banging yourself on the head wondering why you bought such a shitty game when you could have had something like Jackbot or Fish Tales instead.

#16 3 years ago

I'm very happy with my $3k RBION. I hear great things about WPT and they frequently come up for sale for even cheaper.

#17 3 years ago

RBION is a great pat lawlor title and RCT is not

I personally think RBION>WPT. Good luck.

#18 3 years ago

If someone local has a 4K IM let me know

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Don't belive I have ever seen any of these in person.
So sub 4000 Sterns are out there. Just need to find them.
Started watching Daredevil, and came across the episode with the Mustang, and that just sparked my interest into looking to get one. That, and that I've been driving my '06 Mustang now for about 9 years, and still love it. So I figured I'd try my hardest to make it work. But keeping in mind that I may need to go with something else first or just keep saving.

I've had my Mustang Pro since new and love it, a very deep rules game, looks great blinged out and if ya don't like the music you change it out and I have had zero issues with it since unboxing it. At this time you'll have to add a few hundred to that 4k 'IF" you can find a used one for sale. New I payed $4700 shipped with a couple of extras for mine.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

If someone local has a 4K IM let me know

They pop up from time to time. Routed usually

#21 3 years ago

maybe they do where you live :/ SM or MET also 4K please LMK

#22 3 years ago

Xmen pro should be under 4K. They don't pop up for sale as much as the LE's unfortunatly.

#23 3 years ago

Guess I was more wondering about the more recent Stern Titles. Like from 2009ish to current. I figured if I couldn't find a Stern cheap enough that I'd like, I'd try and get a WCS94 or something else around then instead.

Like I wouldn't mind any of the Stern super hero pins. Spider-man, Iron Man, Avengers, Batman, etc. But seems like those are just over my range.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Guess I was more wondering about the more recent Stern Titles. Like from 2009ish to current. I figured if I couldn't find a Stern cheap enough that I'd like, I'd try and get a WCS94 or something else around then instead.
Like I wouldn't mind any of the Stern super hero pins. Spider-man, Iron Man, Avengers, Batman, etc. But seems like those are just over my range.

I agree.

#25 3 years ago

You may find a Batman in that price range.

AC/DC pro is in that price range and if you are lucky a Met Pro. The only other recent (but not so recent) Stern I would recommend for lastability and fun in a small collection would be to find a LOTR.

Since you said WCS that opens a whole new door. You should easily find one in a very nice condition for less than your cap. The 90's Bally/Williams has a large number in the $2K-$3K range so you can find a nice example that is clean and hopefully have any glitches ironed out.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

There are some stern pro models floating for 4000 or touch less. Mustang, st, and twd. Have to be patient. I have seen all 3 of those go for less than 4000. This is why I will never buy a nib stern pro. A mustang sold in texas for 3700. Heck of a deal.

Seems like this is a good reason TO buy a nib Strn pro, as they are holding their value pretty damn good.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I've seen a TFLE sell for less than $4K.

Must of been beat to shit, either that or someone got a screaming deal imho.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Xmen and Avengers are in your range.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

WPT, T3, NASCAR, RCT, WOF, Playboy, and Sopranos All games I think you should be able to find for between 3-4K and are newer than Monopoly.

Yes, but I assumed he was looking for games he might actually want to PLAY.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

I hear great things about WPT

Don't believe everything you hear....

Quoted from dudah:

and they frequently come up for sale for even cheaper.

Exactly.

"Great games" rarely garner rock-bottom prices....

Theres a reason you can get a WPT for $2500.... its... not great..

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Must of been beat to shit, either that or someone got a screaming deal imho.

Screaming deal. It was HOU

I was thinking about the pin when the seller listed it at $4400 but I was unsure if I even wanted it, then the seller started lowering the price and someone snatched it up real quick at $3900.

#33 3 years ago

I had gone to Automated Service to try it out WPT when if first came out. The code was real bad and I was not taking the risk. First game I played my hand and the dealer's were both garbage but the shared cards was a full house. But for some reason "I won".

When WPT and WOF had finished their run there was a dealer in Canada that had a truck load of them NIB for $2,500. I called and it was $300 shipping at the time. But I passed anyway. The couple of people I know who bought them have long since sold.

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Xmen and Avengers are in your range.

That'd be cool. Never played Xmen yet, but looks entertaining at least.

After all the money I'd put into my JP, it's pretty much become a $4k game. Got it for a great deal, and thought it was going to be a cheap fix, but so much cool stuff came out for it. So if I was able to pull off $4k last year, I figured I could pull off another $4k for a newer game that doesn't need much updating or restoration.

And I feel once I get a good newer modern game that holds it's value, it'd be much easier for me to justify swapping them out.

*Edit. Damn pinball hobby. Look at me. 3 years ago, I didn't even want to spend $500 for a game. 2 Years ago, I didn't want to spend $1000. Last year I didn't want to go over $2000 for my JP. Now I'm drawing the line at $4000. But this is a Hobby, and fairly cheap one I suppose. Back when I was 10-14 years old, my dad would go skydiving every weekend. I know that probably wasn't necessarily a cheap hobby, and after he got done, he couldn't sell any of his experience to recoup his costs.

#35 3 years ago

Yeah this hobby gets pretty crazy real fast. Just picked up my 5th newer Stern machine this weekend. I never wanted to spend more than $2k on a machine...now look!

That being said, there are deals to be had still if you're patient. I bough my MET pro and TWD pro for just under the $4k mark. That's not an everyday occurrence, but if you're patient, deals will come.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Don't believe everything you hear....

Exactly.
"Great games" rarely garner rock-bottom prices....
Theres a reason you can get a WPT for $2500.... it blows.

->that's certainly a minority belief<-
I have a conversation with the vast majority of people that play mine (well over 50 different times). 75% of the time, players really like the game. I'd estimate that one in 4 do not like it. I agree with others. It is the best Stern you can buy right now for less than 3K.

RCT, Monopoly, Striker, and Playboy are the Stern titles that blow.

I don't mind RBION, Nascar, or Sharky's for under 3K titles either. They are fun pins.

#37 3 years ago

I saw a nice TSPP go for 3700 late last year on here so def deals do pop up on some of the more requested stern titles too.

#38 3 years ago

Time is your friend when Pinball shopping

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I have a conversation with the vast majority of people that play mine

Really? Pinside seems to have it barely hanging onto a spot in the top 200! I know thats not scientific, but i think the "top100" does have some use for looking at games, relatively. And probably much moreso than the people that come into your house and play your game....

Quoted from snyper2099:

I have a conversation with the vast majority of people that play mine

*shock*
My neighbors wife is ugly.... however, I don't tell him that when Im over for a BBQ.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I have a conversation with the vast majority of people that play mine (well over 50 different times). 75% of the time, players really like the game. I'd estimate that one in 4 do not like it. I agree with others. It is the best Stern you can buy right now for less than 3K.
RCT, Monopoly, Striker, and Playboy are the Stern titles that blow.
I don't mind RBION, Nascar, or Sharky's for under 3K titles either. They are fun pins.

I've had a conversation with myself after every game of WPT, and I always come to the same conclusion: It's ugly, got a bad theme, and a particularly unsatisfying layout.

People are always going on about the deep software but it just can't rescue this mess.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've had a conversation with myself after every game of WPT, and I always come to the same conclusion: It's ugly, got a bad theme, and a particularly unsatisfying layout.
People are always going on about the deep software but it just can't rescue this mess.

I actually think the theme isn't bad... I originally bought one for my poker room.... but the gameplay is horrific. Callouts? tragically bad. Music, gameplay, backglass, etc.

If someone has a drop-target fetish and is willing to look past EVERYTHING else on this game, then maybe, but there are SOOOO many other better games, I can't imagine ever having this in a collection ever again.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

A mustang sold in texas for 3700. Heck of a deal.

Actually, I sold mine for 3550. It was very lightly routed, and I took a decent hit on it, but I needed it gone pronto. You just never know. You really can't find a better game for 3.5k, IMO. I wish I could have kept it, but if I'm going to keep a Mustang ever, it'll be a premium.

#43 3 years ago

XM would be creeping toward 4k, but it's also one of the best value games out there, imo. It's got a ton of shots, 4 MBs, and really looks pretty great. It can be sort of a grind, and the callouts are weak (but sort of in a funny way).

Avatar is another that's always overlooked. It's a very fast, simple game. The objectives are clear, but accomplishing them is difficult (at least for me..). The Amp suit shot is one of my favorite in pinball - a successful shot is very satisfying.

I'm just chiming in on some oddballs that people may overlook.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Avatar is another that's always overlooked. It's a very fast, simple game. The objectives are clear, but accomplishing them is difficult (at least for me..). The Amp suit shot is one of my favorite in pinball - a successful shot is very satisfying.

Main Street Amusements in Lafayette, IN has one. It's somewhat fun. Seems like I have a lot of short games with that one though. I know what you mean with the AMP suit shot. First time I played it, the floor shook.

But I kinda really like Monopoly. Played one at the student union back in like 2008 at the UofI. I think I ended up with like 5 replays from one buy in. I remember I kept playing and playing and playing. And Main Street Amusements has that one as well, and feel like I always have my longest games on that too.

Quoted from Frax:

Actually, I sold mine for 3550. It was very lightly routed, and I took a decent hit on it, but I needed it gone pronto. You just never know. You really can't find a better game for 3.5k, IMO. I wish I could have kept it, but if I'm going to keep a Mustang ever, it'll be a premium.

Yeah, I'd love to have a Premium just for the turntable alone. But that'll be a while from now. That kind of price range is out for the time being.

#45 3 years ago

Definitely go for what you like - Monopoly should be a budget title (somewhere in the 2k ballpark), so you'd have some cash leftover.

One thing to consider - long ball times may get old for you in the home environment. I personally love short games, it's part of what drew me to pinball over sitting down and firing up a video game. I can start a game of IM, and even if I have a great game, I'm done in 10 minutes. I used to own a TSPP, and while I liked it, I wasn't playing it all that often because I needed to make sure I had a good chunk of time (like an hour) in case I really got on a roll.

Some players like games of depth in their home collections, so they can experience more of the game. Others like quick and challenging games so they can get a game or two in while they're tight on time, or play the game with a friend without someone getting bored due to a long ball time.

Just some perspective.

#47 3 years ago

I may actually be going from Chicago to Carmel, In on Friday with a box truck.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I may actually be going from Chicago to Carmel, In on Friday with a box truck.

Heh. Well that would be too convenient.

Probably too soon for me to pull the trigger at this moment, unless Credit is accepted?

Just curious, where you headed to in Carmel?

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Heh. Well that would be too convenient.
Probably too soon for me to pull the trigger at this moment, unless Credit is accepted?
Just curious, where you headed to in Carmel?

Crooked Stick Golf Club, I'm actually in Indy area about once a month for work

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Crooked Stick Golf Club

Have we talked before? Seems like I've talked to someone who dealt with golf carts at a few courses in Carmel before.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 7,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside