12 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 months ago

I'm having a weird issue with an Iron Maiden machine I currently have in my basement. Fast moving balls seem to be knocking the flipper down a fair bit before pulsing the higher voltage, additionally they don't seem to be as difficult to push down as my Avengers right next to it. From what I can tell, it seems like all 4 flipper are affected.

I've checked the EOS switches in the Switch Test and they are all working properly from what I can tell: normally closed and then opened when the flipper is fully raised. I've checked the gapping on the switches and have tried them with a very tight gap and then with a wider one, same issue.

Does anyone have any ideas on what else I might check out?

#2 11 months ago

Just to add a bit more information, on really fast returning balls, it isn't knocking the flipper back all the way down to flat or anything, but it's noticeably absorbing a lot of the balls momentum before popping it back up. It's kind of like a subtle drop catch and shoot like you might do intentionally when cradled up in a MB.

#3 11 months ago

I'd concentrate on the flipper button leaf blade switches. Be sure the contacts are clean. And making contact. And the contacts are seated on the leaf blades making good electrical contact with the blade.

LTG : )

#4 11 months ago

So I checked the leaf blades and all seems good, I pulled a business card through them and they didn't seem to really be dirty at all and the contacts seem to be firmly mounted to the blade itself.

#5 11 months ago
    Quoted from shaub:

the contacts seem to be firmly mounted to the blade itself.

I'd grab a meter and set to ohms and test from contact to leaf blade. Should be zero ohms. If not it isn't making a good electrical contact.

LTG : )

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-flipper-knock-down and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.