View topic image gallery

images_(resized).jpg
IMG_1321_(resized).JPG
IMG_1320_(resized).JPG
IMG_1317_(resized).JPG
IMG_1318_(resized).JPG
IMG_1319_(resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

My X-Men Pro has a flipper issue that I have never seen before. The flippers actually look great, but something is off on my lower right assembly. The right assembly plunger doesn't seem to reset completely against the rubber (see pic) even though it slides just fine. Because of this, when both flippers are pressed, they are not aligned. So, I bought a new flipper rebuild kit, but still have the same issue. Hopefully my pics will explain my issue better...

Any ideas?

Thx!

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

IMG_1319_(resized).JPGIMG_1319_(resized).JPG
IMG_1318_(resized).JPGIMG_1318_(resized).JPG
IMG_1317_(resized).JPGIMG_1317_(resized).JPG
IMG_1320_(resized).JPGIMG_1320_(resized).JPG
IMG_1321_(resized).JPGIMG_1321_(resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Did you check the coil sleeve?

#3 7 years ago

Check it how? It was replaced with the new flipper kit and is installed correctly. The plunger slides up and down just fine, but never really makes it to the rubber pad like the other side.

#4 7 years ago

If you push it does it go all the way to the rubber stopper ?

If so, you need a shorter spring. That one is too long for what you want it to do.

LTG : )

#5 7 years ago

did you replace the coil stop only on the right flipper? after market coil stops will create this issue of the flipper bat not extending all the way, as some are longer than original coil stops. this doesn't address the reason why the plunger isn't resetting back to the rubber, but something in the rebuild kit isn't probably right.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

My X-Men Pro has a flipper issue that I have never seen before. The flippers actually look great, but something is off on my lower right assembly. The right assembly plunger doesn't seem to reset completely against the rubber (see pic) even though it slides just fine. Because of this, when both flippers are pressed, they are not aligned. So, I bought a new flipper rebuild kit, but still have the same issue. Hopefully my pics will explain my issue better...
Any ideas?
Thx!
Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

Spring pulling it back doesn't seem to have enough tension. Cut at least 1/3 off the spring.

#7 7 years ago

I found it... I loosened the clamp that holds the flipper shaft and it sprung into place. Re-tightened and good to go. Not sure what was binding it, but it seems ok now. Thanks!

#8 7 years ago

Great!

#9 7 years ago

Hey ! If you got an issue with TeeKee, you got an issue with me

#10 7 years ago

I don't like those rebuild kits at all. Where did you get them so I can avoid ordering from them? Thanks,

-Jeff

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I found it... I loosened the clamp that holds the flipper shaft and it sprung into place. Re-tightened and good to go. Not sure what was binding it, but it seems ok now. Thanks!

Did you gap the flipper bat where it goes through the PF? I use one of these but you can use an old credit card with a cutout in it.

If it's not gaped correctly it can cause some drag.

images_(resized).jpgimages_(resized).jpg

#12 7 years ago

Edit- ^^^^ he beat me to it

Quoted from MrBellMan:

I loosened the clamp that holds the flipper shaft and it sprung into place. Re-tightened and good to go. Not sure what was binding it, but it seems ok now.

It was probably to tight to the bushing making it bind.

#13 7 years ago

Probably... I didn't use the tool this time. I just rushed and forgot to do it right!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-flipper-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.