(Topic ID: 224500)

Stern Flipper Buttons Installed Incorrectly from Factory?

By Reaper802

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by LesManley
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

swbutton (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20180901_150033 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 5 years ago

Yes. Washer is to keep it from vibrating loose. Now if those buttons would stop wearing out so quick and flying out of the game, that would be great.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Hillarious, this has happened to me each time I take my GB to a show. I never find the missing piece

I don’t think there is a missing piece. All that holds the button in is a small grove that is larger than the hole the button nipple goes into. When that groove wears down, button flies out. Best to replace the button or hack it somehow.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from tilted81:

Man, Haven’t has it happen to any of my games lol but ive sure played games at locations do this! Nothing will piss ya off more than having to grab the button off the floor during a good game or multiball lmao!

Yeah. I gotten pretty good at it. Unless you’re putting thousands of plays on your games I doubt it will happen. I keep lots of extra buttons on hand. They are cheap.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Have had this happen a few times as well. Broke right in two.[quoted image]

Damn!!

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from MapleSyrup:

You should change your thread title.
    This is how all flippers have been installed from the Stern Factory for many years.

Yep. I have a sopranos and GOT. Same.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-flipper-buttons-installed-incorrectly-from-factory-?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.