HotHand_CoinMechs1.jpg
clodpole (resized).jpg
chas10e (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).JPG
IMG_1440 (resized).JPG
Coin2 (resized).jpg
Coin1 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Here are photos of my coin door; as you can see if you look closely, the coin return levers don't overlap the bars on top of the coin mechs, so jammed coins must be released by opening the door. Are your return levers different in shape? Is there a way to fix my problem?

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me with this!

Coin1 (resized).jpgCoin1 (resized).jpg

Coin2 (resized).jpgCoin2 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Is it assembled wrong ? The flap that travels and pushes the lever on the coin mech down, shouldn't it be on the inside of the frame holding the mech, rather than on the outside ?

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

mine has 3 coin mechs, it seems you need wider coin mechs ( if there is such a thing )

the one coin return button outside the door pushes directly on the lever that pushes down on the coin-mech. so I don't think is as simple as moving it inside the frame

IMG_1440 (resized).JPGIMG_1440 (resized).JPG

IMG_1439 (resized).JPGIMG_1439 (resized).JPG

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from chas10e:

it seems you need wider coin mechs

No.

In your picture. The part the coin return button pushes is on the inside of the coin mech frame, close to the coin mech. In clodpole's picture, this part is outside the frame holding the coin mech.

See pictures. chadpole's part circled in red, on outside of wall holding the coin mech. Your part circled in yellow. You can see your moving part is clearly on the inside of the wall close to the coin mech

LTG : )

chas10e (resized).jpgchas10e (resized).jpg

clodpole (resized).jpgclodpole (resized).jpg

#5 6 years ago

No, his coin mech holder frames are definitely deeper than they should be. Look at the extra space between the coin mechs and the mounting frames.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

No, his coin mech holder frames are definitely deeper than they should be. Look at the extra space between the coin mechs and the mounting frames.

It looks like his mech holders were designed to use electronic coin mechs (a.k.a. "comparitors" ). Electronic coin mechs are generally thicker than mechanical mechs.

#7 6 years ago

This is from my Hot Hand.
You've got the same wide coin mech holder frames as mine (notice our coin mech holder clips are the same), but your reject lever arms are too short.
chas10e has narrower coin mech holder frames (notice his newer coin mech holder clip setup pivots in a different position compared to ours showing his frame is narrower) which suites the shorter reject lever arms.

HotHand_CoinMechs1.jpgHotHand_CoinMechs1.jpg
HotHand_CoinMechs3.jpgHotHand_CoinMechs3.jpg
HotHand_CoinMechs2.jpgHotHand_CoinMechs2.jpg

#8 6 years ago

Hmmm... first, thanks very much for your input. I'm going to study the inside of my coin door in comparison to your photos. I bought the machine already restored, from a guy who had hot-wired one coin switch for free play. Stay tuned - I'll report back when I think I understand the situation.

It sounds like I may own a Frankendoor!

#9 6 years ago

OK, all - it appears I do have a Frankendoor. The coin mech holder frames are wide and the coin reject levers have narrow "hoods" intended for narrow frames. The reject levers can only be mounted on the outside of the frame, as the shaft they fit onto is pressed into the frame from the outside.

It appears my options are either to locate a pair of Stern "long hood" reject levers or to extend the hoods by bolting on a longer bit of sheet metal to the top of each hood. Or, of course, leave things as is.

Thanks again for your assistance; if we lived in the same place I'd take you out to lunch!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 3.00
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-flight2000-coin-return-levers-not-working?hl=clodpole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.